It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loss of Christianity induced morality is destroying America

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Name a theocracy where women and children have been well-treated.

Hiya Tangerine- There once was and their "Rule Book" started out with: In the beginning was Adamu and Lilith, created from the same dirt...." Then Adamu wanted Lilith to do the dishes and iron His shirts. Lilith being an equal to Adam balked, it went rapidly down hill from there. Lilith ended up w/Samael

The new Rule Book. "In the beginning was Adam and Eve and Eve is created using Adam's rib (subservient).. basically making anyOne that squats to pee behind the 8-ball before the game begins..

Lambs to Lions: One of the reasons religion™ is in 'the crapper' is because it is patriarchal or based in "Yang". Mother Earth, a 'living being' has gone from 3rd chakra/dimension into the 4th. It is part/parcel of Her evolution. We are now knee deep into 'Yin, The Devine Feminine'...

What would the 'authenticity test' be like or will whomever just take them on their word? Because the discussion is about the US, why not the religion™ that WAS HERE when the "Settlers" came? It certainly was working for the Native Peoples, but here comes 'Whitey' with His religion™ and diseases. What if the "State Religion" isn't the one You pay/pray for? So when You type "Chris†ian" are the Mormons included?

Here is but One tribe of the aforementioned Native People's and their thoughts: "Religion™ is for people afraid of Hell, "Spirituality" is for people who've already been"... The Great Sioux Nation

namaste

P.S. Throwing out completely the old adage from Betty Polite "For polite conversation, One should refrain from talking about sex, politics and religion"...

------------
My response: (don't know why this is showing up in the body of your text. Grrr.)

The people who want theocracy (and right wing Christians absolutely do want theocracy) invariably envision themselves as being part of the ruling class rather than subject to the rules. They invariably imagine this theocracy reflecting their personal religious beliefs. But you already know that.

edit on 27-2-2015 by Tangerine because: notation separating my response from the other person's post.

(post by nullafides removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
------------
My response: (don't know why this is showing up in the body of your text. Grrr.)

To save bandwidth and as a mini tribute to Mr. Spock I thought it would be fun to do a "Vulcan mind meld" . And the whole time I was fearless...

I think they switched over to 'Eve' to further the whole 'man on top' and kept Her for their further persecution of LGBT. It is far "cuter" saying "It is Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve" rather than "Its Adamu and Lilith not Adamu and SteveO"...

Nobody would know unless You told them... Which leads to The Tao: The Tao that can be told is NOT the eternal Tao...

Have a Onderful weekend,
namaste

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: lambs to lions
It is the powerful and wealthy CHRISTIANS who have caused christian ethics to get away from us. the Church laps up their money while ignoring their actions. it is why I no longer attend a Christian church. Living in Jesus's example, without the magic tricks of course, is all one needs to move on to a better next life.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
bump to read

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Let's for a moment entertain the idea from the op that the loss of religious values is the downfall of our nation as being possibly true. he claims that 1 in nine professing to be christians are true christians in our current time. okay so just what can be done about it anyways? none of us has the power to change a heart! that is up to a person and his creator. We can force them to put on a cloak of christianity while in public and the truth be told there are many that are very good at doing this. and, if you force those below those "good christian men" to adhere to the doctrines you are in fact stripping them a most of the power they have to defend themselves from those wolves who done on the sheep's clothing while in public but become tyrants when they are left to tend their more personal matter!

In your opinion who was the last righteous president of the US? Because I got a feeling that they all had their flaws!!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: lambs to lions
a reply to: projectbane

No, what you just said was the dumbest thing ever. Christian values are stupid? Grow up. Yeah, all that charity work and feeding the poor is just ridiculous. Yeah yeah, and believing in honesty is the worst.

Really? Christian values are good? Obviously you are a christian and therefore it makes and renders your view as pointless because you have been brainwashed and are biased.

You're argument to my reply was childish and naive. Lets take ONE or TWO issues from the great christian religion. Firstly, they have hampered the female sex like all religions, pinning them into small confined boxes and devoid of equal rights for centuries. Secondly, your awesome book the bible and its followers are against homosexuality. Great values there my friend.

Christianity promotes so many things that are wrong....It gets everything wrong. You guys take the bible literally or at least take the things you wish to force upon others very literally.

Christianity has a great track record of distorting history, for example it warps and discredits hard facts about the age of humanity and it gives the people who follow this silly cult a bent view on how to live life as a human seeing as you guys (Im laughing here) think the earth and humanity is little more than 6000 years old. So how can a religion that disputes scientific facts (when offering up none of its own) talk about values or morality in any true light???

I could go on for ages about the near fact that religion especially Christianity, Islam and Judaism is far from moral and far from correct.. But its a fruitless expedition. You people involved in your cults and promotion of god through your interpretation of a fantasy book are the actual ones who have brought war, greed and selfish unequal values upon the earth.

Like all the major religions out there, its demands we follow and live our lives according to their imaginary beliefs.
edit on 27-2-2015 by projectbane because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
People often underestimate the power of religious belief to foster a cohesive society. It doesn't really matter which religion. You can judge for yourself whether this is good or bad, but religion is create at getting everyone on the same page. I don't know of anything else with that power. (Ideologies tend to crumble faster than religions, for whatever reason.)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
There's no such thing as "Christian Values" nor is there anything unique about so called "Christian Morality" that hasn't been around and hasn't been claimed by and used by other societies before, during and after the advent of Jesus, if he even ever existed.

If anything, many of the Christian values I've seen espoused are patently immoral, and frankly, society is better off without them!

edit on 27-2-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
It is the powerful and wealthy CHRISTIANS who have caused christian ethics to get away from us. the Church laps up their money while ignoring their actions. it is why I no longer attend a Christian church. Living in Jesus's example, without the magic tricks of course, is all one needs to move on to a better next life.

Yeah, threatening people with hell is all one needs to move on to a better next life. Such rubbish.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

a reply to: Deaf Alien

How is morality common sense? Self serving and hoarding of wealth and resources is common sense. Not caring what happens to my neighbor because it doesn't affect me is common sense. How is that moral?

Morality is essentially the golden rule and is a basis for survival and progression of civilization. If you treated someone well within a community you were generally treated well in return. If you behaved badly, you were ostracized. THAT is morality. If you were Christian (or really ANY major religion), and followed your own religious texts to the letter, you would act counter to good morality.

Christianity is very popular in prison. You know what section of people is not well represented in prison? Atheists... The only way you can enforce good morals is by rewarding good behavior (behavior which is supportive of the community) and punishing bad behavior (which runs counter to the good of the community).

All you have to do to know if something is moral is ask yourself, "would I want someone to do this to me?"

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

You will note the number of flags and stars your thread has received.

Many hold your view of it. Not so many have posted in support, however.

This is a major part of the problem, from what I can see. Too many of the posts reflect the reason for the decline of that moral belief in the U.S..

The detractors cite examples of American immoral acts, either as a nation or Christians in the name of Christianity.

They fully well know the immoral acts are proof of the immorality of the individuals involved and if those individuals were 'moral' those acts likely wouldn't have occurred.

Instead of addressing those individuals they attack the moral code, itself, or the religion itself, or the nation itself.

Those acts exist as a human condition that spans any organization, group or any philosophic bent.

The current bunch, secular humanists, believers in the 'no moral code' moral code, have contributed exactly nothing that betters mankind whatsoever. Their whole purpose seems to rely on pointing out obvious flaws, weaknesses and contradictions within religion, the U.S. or any other target while avoiding those same weaknesses in every other culture, nation or 'ism'.

They quote science-fiction writers, or anyone else as a source to be revered to an almost biblical worship level, that decries religion, especially Christianity.

As this mentality is indoctrinated into our education systems, ongoing, incrementally for generations, the results are plain to see. A declining country and civilization.

We have the psychologist, the psychiatrist, the anthropologist and the latest, secular humanist for this artificially sped up decline of the West.

Time to point fingers the other way, is my thought on the matter....

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: nullafides
a reply to: Tangerine

If you truly cannot decide which of the two things you stated above should be attributed to what I said, perhaps you are being a bit anal in your reading.

You said you weren't a Christian but that the Ten Commandments were an excellent tool for use in living in society. I repeat my question: how is the first Commandment an excellent tool for use in living in society? Or have you just realized that you endorsed it and it might not be such a useful tool after all?

And I repeat my answer...

If you truly cannot decide which of the two things you stated above should be attributed to what I said, perhaps you are being a bit anal in your reading.

Enjoy!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

The current bunch, secular humanists, believers in the 'no moral code' moral code....

It never ceases to amaze me how little Christians really know about other belief systems and philosophies yet how quick they are to make ridiculous claims about them.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Be 'amazed' to your hearts content. As I have posted numerous times before, I am not a Christian.

Your rhetoric addresses nothing in my last post.

I am a little surprised you haven't fallen back on your "what about the Scandinavian countries" gambit.

Your attacks/marginalizing has been non-stop, from what I can see.

Seeing you felt a need to respond, I sense a 'guilty conscience'? Else why would you think it was addressed to you?

Safe to assume you fall into one of the above....

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

The current bunch, secular humanists, believers in the 'no moral code' moral code

What the heck does that even mean?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Indeed, 'Murica has been going downhill ever since it outlawed that most Christian of values: slavery. And all hope was lost after anti-miscegenation bills were ruled unconstutional.

You religionists with your delusional self-righteousness and claims of moral superiority are one the most repugnant groups in the US.

We had a self-professed born-again Christian president who falsely lead us into an illegal war (Iraq) and committed multiple war crimes as well as the kidnapping, torture and murder of many innocent people. Never mind all the other crap done on his watch. Then we have Christian TV evangelists blaming natural disasters on liberals, atheists and gays. This is just like Islamic fundamentalist leaders blaming earthquakes on the way women dress.

Compare the words and deeds of Christians like this to modern Satanists: I'll take the Satanists any day, thanks.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Hmm. Hard a hard time defining/describing that. ('no moral code' moral code).

Perhaps more accurate would be ,the 'no moral code' goal or no moral code, 'ideal'.

I see it as the removal of any and all restrictions, barriers and boundaries. (But mama....that's where the fun is....
)

That cannot occur in the presence of a moral code. First, the above mentioned groups, then our youth tempted by new found freedoms that were outside that moral code. Removing the consequences that very code was designed to instill before life, itself, laid in it's consequences....

A little at a time, incrementally, to the point where when a person starts a thread stating his concern over where things are going, all that occurs is his 'code' is attacked, argued against, dissected with irrelevant comparisons... all to the end of avoiding at all costs the points he makes.

This is just my opinion. I require no agreement, although it probably could be better articulated/ thought out.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

No, whether it be Christianity or any other benevolent religion or philosophy. I think the lack of those ideals and true personal conviction is killing this country.

Yea its getting bad and blatant. This is the latest round of stress on the constitution and growth of bureaucracy. Its has reared its ugly head many times before.

How many executive orders has the current POTUS put into action? This is one clear sigh of the disregard.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrInquisitive
Indeed, 'Murica has been going downhill ever since it outlawed that most Christian of values: slavery. And all hope was lost after anti-miscegenation bills were ruled unconstutional.

You religionists with your delusional self-righteousness and claims of moral superiority are one the most repugnant groups in the US.

It was our christian values and virtue that saved the union and ended slavery. We know that the south carried on in its way after the war but we cant talk about christianity in isolation as you do and as is popular with these agenda driven historical squinting. Never any talk about Brown who thought he was the sword of the Lord to end slavery, underground railroad, all the christian northern soldiers that were killed..... Stuff like that.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join