It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House REFUSES To Call 21 Beheading Victims CHRISTIANS In Statement Against ISIS Attack

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

By "Hussien" you mean President Obama? Did you also regularly refer to President Bush as Walker?

Are you really really going to make the claim that no one has used the Bible to justify violence?

Are you really going to make the claim that all of Islam as well as the Quran is responsible for the actions of murderers and terrorists?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

i'm saying that's how it started. it started as muslims killing christians and looting their homes. eventually, the christians got pissed and retaliated against the guys doing it. it's not rocket science. whereas the coptic christians were killed for crimes in a different country, that they didn't do.

if you can't tell the difference, this will be my last response to you, as you sound as if you just want to torture me with your indifference to the suffering of christians.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

You're grossly misrepresenting the facts of the matter in the Central African Republic and I believe you know that.

UN: Muslims Ethnically Cleansed in CAR

Tens of thousands of Muslims flee Christian militias in Central African Republic

Not Quite Genocide UN Reports

You're claiming that the massacres of innocent (i.e. not involved) Muslims in the minority was justified.

Respond to whomever you wish. I've only pointed out facts to you. I have not been any more indifferent to the suffering of Christians than anyone else, but suffering is suffering, murder is murder, and when it's done in the name of religion, it's reprehensible.

You want to pretend that Christians are the only ones under attack in the world and continue your victim mentality, go ahead. It's becoming more clear with every word you write.

edit on 12Tue, 17 Feb 2015 12:28:21 -060015p122015266 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

read this post about car
www.abovetopsecret.com...

and this one about the numbers of christians killed so far, in the middle and near east (why are those numbers so large and not mentioned in the website i linked you earlier?)
edit on 17-2-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

It seems like the President has some kind of twisted double standard, where for domestic matters, Religious division is highlighted, encouraged, and capitalized upon...while in International matters, it must be ignored and denied at all costs.

The situation here at home is one wherein a large portion of the population has decided that Muslims are the enemy. All Muslims, not just extremists. Our Muslim citizens are vulnerable, in this country, in a way that the Christians in this country are not

Three Muslims were killed by someone who is rabidly anti-religious - an atheist. There has been a spike in threats to Muslims here at home recently - not coincidentally (I don't imagine) after the release of a certain film. Not that there hasn't been an actively hostile anti-Muslim effort underway for the past however many years now - with some pretty scary spikes now and then

There are people who are working very hard to defuse a ticking time bomb. You want to make the case that Obama is against Christians, but your only real ammunition in that argument is that he isn't sufficiently anti-Muslim for you and that he didn't show the Christians their props

Does being Christian make them more important than all the other victims?

There are many good posts in this thread - so I'm only repeating what's already been said before. ISIS is on a killing rampage, and it's all been designed to outrage everyone. It's as if they want the entire world to come after them

You should think about that

There's a very good reason why we might not want to emphasize one religion over another. Nobody has suffered more at the hands of these monsters than Muslims - and I think it says a lot about how you prioritize

Especially now

edit on 2/17/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: spelling...

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo

read this post about car

and this one about the numbers of christians killed so far, in the middle and near east (why are those numbers so large and not mentioned in the website i linked you earlier?)

I think we're done.

The first link is to an ATS thread that discusses the pestilence that is ISIS in Iraq. No quibbles there from me. If we could nuke them, I would.

You linked your previous link about the numbers of Christians killed by Muslims (in the last 14 years or so) as evidence of some "recent uptick" in the attacks on Christians, if it's faulty or incomplete, why did you offer it as evidence of your claim?

And I read the article at Huffington post when it came out, so I don't need to read it again as copied into the same ATS thread, and there's nothing there that supports some world-wide attack only on Christians.

[SNIPPED] The world is a dangerous, violent place, and we should all be careful every day.

Christians are no more at risk than anyone else, in fact, they are just as responsible for atrocities as anyone else is.

Best.
edit on 12Tue, 17 Feb 2015 12:45:29 -060015p122015266 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Feb 17 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: Community Announcement re: Decorum

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

several posts ago, i acquiesed, regarding violence between muslims and christians, but found those posts in another thread and so asked YOU why those numbers are so much higher than the ones on the original link i gave you. i also was pointing out that the christians in car (which that post i linked has references for you) were responding in kind to what they had already experienced. like someone said earlier - it's a civil war.

instead of answering the question regarding the huge numbers of christians killed, in some understandable way, you proceeded to insult me. i've had enough abuse and torture, and i'm not gonna sit here and let it happen again, to me, or anybody else i know and love without stating the facts and asking questions where i don't know the facts. if there was anything i could do to stop it from happening to people overseas, short of actually murdering people, i would. but i can't.

you are a verbally and emotionally abusive person.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
here's a research project for anyone who knows how to do this type of research:

are there really 100,000 christians killed every year in the middle and near east? and is it true that there are 0 christians left in mosul?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

The situation in the Central African Republic is not "just a civil war" anymore than the situation in Iraq, Syria and Libya are "civil wars." And besides, even if it does qualify in that way, are you saying that you excuse the wholescale "not quite genocide by definition" perpetrated against Muslims by Christians in CAR?

I didn't offer either your link from the anti-Muslim site or the Huffington Post/ATS thread as evidence, so why should I explain it to you? You're trying to get me to make your argument for you?

I tried to give you evidence that one of your personal (evidently from your commentary) fears is really baseless.

Please, list how I have verbally or emotionally abused you in these posts or anywhere else. Please, report such verbal abuse or emotional abuse to the Moderators.

And if not, I would like a public apology from you. Your dislike of what I'm arguing does NOT constitute abuse.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

i was capitulating to your knowledge on the subject, but i guess you aren't in the business of informing people on specifics, just defusing the situation, which is good in that we don't want innocent muslims to be hurt or harrassed due to things done elsewhere on the planet. on that we can agree. the issue is, i keep reading about how all these christian iraqis are being slaughtered in iraq and yet, the figures on that website, don't reflect that at all. i want to know why there is a discrepancy.

that's why when i realized you weren't interested in helping me figure it out, only defuse it, that i should just post it as a general question to anybody.

and yes, by calling me delusional, you were deliberately abusing me, emotionally. just stop while you're ahead.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

If I had my preferences, no innocent person anywhere would be hurt for any reason.

Why not email the owners of that site and bring your question up to them?

I literally cannot help you answer your question, because to me, your question is completely misplaced. I'm not sure if you can see why there's no logical sense in my trying to justify or disqualify the numbers on that site, because I don't believe them in the first place. I do not believe that Christians are "under attack" any more than anyone else.

It is a fact that believing that Christians are under attack everywhere in the world contrary to all evidence presented is a delusion. It is what the word means. I've provided evidence, clear evidence that substantiates my claim.

I didn't call you, specifically, delusional. That is a psychiatric term describing a condition that I am not qualified to make. I refered to delusions that you are carrying, and I stand by that. We all have delusions by the way, but you seem to be a person who takes things very personally.

And, no, I insist. In fact, I'll be glad to ask for a review by the Mods myself, since you don't to have the courage of your conviction in calling me verbally and emotionally abusive in a public forum.
edit on 13Tue, 17 Feb 2015 13:36:36 -060015p012015266 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

By "Hussien" you mean President Obama? Did you also regularly refer to President Bush as Walker?

Are you really really going to make the claim that no one has used the Bible to justify violence?

Are you really going to make the claim that all of Islam as well as the Quran is responsible for the actions of murderers and terrorists?

called him w

be honest i never made that claim

yes they all hold some form of responsibility by ignoring the verses of violence

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Thanks for your answers.

Every religion has remnants from more violent times.

I really don't think you can hold 1.6 billion Muslims responsible for the Quran if you're not going to hold 2 billion Christians (and a few million Jews) equally responsible for the horrors in the Bible.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

well one of the problems i have encountered in research on topics like this is, news sources. some are supposedly acceptable, some are not. the ones that are not, depend on your political leanings, which just gets in the way of any real discovery. if there have been christians living in mosul for 2000 years and they are no longer there, how many of them were killed and how many of them just fled? or is that also bogus?

why should your version of it be any better than someone else's?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
i'm delusional for even wanting to know why these stories are coming out nearly every day now. it is emotionally and verbally abusive to call me delusional for being concerned about the fate of people of my faith. i have kids and a husband. i don't want them to die. i don't want anyone else to die either. there's nothing delusional about that.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

If i made the same threat toward all the jihad symphatizers as the jihadist have made toward them i would be in jail.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Thanks for your answers.

Every religion has remnants from more violent times.

I really don't think you can hold 1.6 billion Muslims responsible for the Quran if you're not going to hold 2 billion Christians (and a few million Jews) equally responsible for the horrors in the Bible.

Open ended verses means that a call for killing is in the text of the koran for times of war or incursion of infedels. That call is still in effect today and the verses need to be reformed by word from God.

The bible is different in that regard because those like verses were negated by word of God through Jesus.

If reformation happens in the koran there will still be violence done by way of misrepresenting the word just like is the case with the bible but the difference will be that those trying to use the book for violence can be scripturally be shown to be wrong in their actions.

We see this very often christians being put in check by even non believers by simply stating Jesus words of turn the other cheek and such like... It actually has meaning to many when it is said because in their hearts they know the truth of the scriptures.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

If i made the same threat toward all the jihad symphatizers as the jihadist have made toward them i would be in jail.

That's because you are in America and the jihadists are in the Middle East. Different system of laws there. Jihadists making threats in the states like being made in the Middle East WOULD put them in jail.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Once again, I didn't call you delusional. You have delusions, I have delusions, everyone has delusions.

It's like if I said you were mistaken, and you took that to mean that I was calling you a liar.

I know how to use the words I mean to. I didn't call you delusional.

I'm sorry you're afraid because of "attacks on Christians" and I tried to help you with information. That got me called "abusive."

There are no wide-scale coordinated attacks on Christians in the US, or anywhere else for that matter. Even the acts of ISIS/ISIL and similar groups are sporadic, and their numbers are few and becoming fewer by the day. I would guess that you will see strong unilateral or cooperative actions taken against them very soon.

I have only offered you "my version" of the matter by linking factual information. Which you have not countered. You apparently perceive disagreement and vivacious argumentation as attacks on you personally.

I wasn't aware of that, and now that I am, we're done with this, as far as I am concerned.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

DUH
The point is that if it is justified to treat such threats as serious from me then we should also accept them as being serious coming from them.

Many choose to down play their threats by making the claim that There is no threat to the usa. that is false.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join