It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House REFUSES To Call 21 Beheading Victims CHRISTIANS In Statement Against ISIS Attack

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

There is a prayer before the beginning of every session of Congress.

The President is a repeatedly professed Christian. As was the last one, and the one before that, and the one before ...

83% of Americans are Christian.

4% are Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, etc.

and the rest are non-religous.

The SCOTUS just passed decisions freeing employers to discriminate against anyone based on the "religious beliefs" of the corporation.

Yeah, I'm not sure where you got the idea that Christians are oppressed in the US either, frankly.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo
a reply to: Gryphon66

you make a good point! i learned something today i wasn't expecting. i still think he needs to be honest about it, however.

Don't call Obama a liar!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

So revenge in the name of religion is acceptable then? Well then, in those terms what ISIS did in Libya is a-okay, because that was retaliation for something done in Egypt, which I am sure was in retaliation for something done somewhere else.

Either killing (massacring, torturing, burning alive, beheading, etc.) in the name of religion is wrong, or it's not.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Where's the outrage here?

Oh, wait. They weren't said to be Christian. Sorry, carry on then.

bs i made threads about isis killing other types of people and i was outraged when i learned about the violence.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: deadeyedick

Those stats do not reflect the number of christians killed around the world. It is more likely to be the number of christians from one single country killed since that time.

Based on what exactly? Your belief?

Show us some evidence.

Based on the wording on the page you got the numbers from.

It clearly said it is a partial list and does not include acts of war.

Their effort was not to give an exact number because the majrity of the violence goes unreported in national media but they just wanted to give examples. Now just look at how the actions of the president would effect the list. If he gt his way none of those report would include the word christian and all that has to happen i for his words to go unchecked and the media would follow suit.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

So revenge in the name of religion is acceptable then? Well then, in those terms what ISIS did in Libya is a-okay, because that was retaliation for something done in Egypt, which I am sure was in retaliation for something done somewhere else.

Either killing (massacring, torturing, burning alive, beheading, etc.) in the name of religion is wrong, or it's not.

Something has to get people involved in what they are doing.

One can relate to the children being raped and killed

women being raped and killed

gays being raped and killed

peaceful muslims that do not share their views being killed

buddist being killed

christans being killed

journalist being killed

I am sure i left some out but the thought being put forth that they are not targeting certain groups is false

Either all the muslims of the world can unite and petition God for reformation of the text in the koran or we can all personalize the violence by learning we fit in some of those groups and come together to remove them before they reach their goals of removing infedels from earth.
edit on 17-2-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

And yet, you flipped your lid because people dared to say it doesn't matter what religion these people were. I haven't seen anywhere near the outrage I've seen in this thread when it was a non-christian. Outrage yes, but not people losing their damn mind like here.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
MORE ISIS barbarity!
I wonder where their video is.
edit on 17-2-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

If you want to get technical then do a post count and point to the post here where i flipped my lid

Trying to imply that i relate more with christians than i do gays is a weak argument.

I do not go to church or gay clubs

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

The link was offered by another poster arguing that there has been a serious, recent uptick in "Christians being targeted around the world."

So, ... acts of war are excused then? Killing is not killing if we do a lot of it at once?

Are you kidding? What "National Media" does killing of Christians go unreported in? Not this one, surely.

First of all, you're buying to the world-wide attack on Christianity for which there is no proof. Zero.

The actions of the President? Because he refuses to play into the hands of ISIL and make it a "Christianity vs. Islam" conflict (like so many of you want to make it, apparently.)

Did you know that it was a statement released by the White House and not words from Obama directly?

Here are some words actually from the President on the matter:

Yet even as our faith sustains us, it’s also clear that around the world freedom of religion is under threat. And that is what I want to reflect on this morning. We see governments engaging in discrimination and violence against the faithful. We sometimes see religion twisted in an attempt to justify hatred and persecution against other people just because of who they are, or how they pray or who they love. Old tensions are stoked, fueling conflicts along religious lines, as we’ve seen in the Central African Republic recently, even though to harm anyone in the name of faith is to diminish our own relationship with God. Extremists succumb to an ignorant nihilism that shows they don’t understand the faiths they claim to profess -- for the killing of the innocent is never fulfilling God’s will; in fact, it’s the ultimate betrayal of God’s will.

Remarks by the President at the National Prayer Breakfast

No one can say that President Obama is trying the hide the facts of religious violence and speak the truth.

In fact, he is desperately trying to point toward a resolution that would allow those of all faiths to worship as they see fit.

Perhaps you should actually read what the man says, from time to time.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
satan uses the weak minded and it sooo happens that this band of misfits called isis is a very easy target, they really are the sock puppets for the evil one! If they really believed in their cause they would be happy to show their face, give out their names so all could see who they are. They cover and hide themselves because their not really sure what they are doing or what they stand for!!!
Now as for Christians who do evil, are misguided souls who are on the road to perdition and won't even know it until it's too late, Jesus Christ was very clear on what is Good and what is evil, what is Right and what is wrong... a reply to: Gryphon66

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Just to be clear, are you claiming that the Koran calls for children, women, etc. being raped and killed?

And are you saying that it is the intention of all 1.6 billion Muslims to remove infidels from the earth?

I don't want to misquote you; can you clarify?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Just to be clear, are you claiming that the Koran calls for children, women, etc. being raped and killed?

And are you saying that it is the intention of all 1.6 billion Muslims to remove infidels from the earth?

This just depends on which Emam they use to interpret the koran. Problem with the Koran is its very random in how it was put together. So Muslims rely on someone to study and interpret the Koran. And if this person wants they can subvert it t I there own means. Bottom line radical islam is nothing more than an interpretation that they convince others to believe.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MCL1150

Right, but Christians committing atrocities are not being used by Satan, according to you.

Who are they being used by? Since humans, in your apparent world-view, don't do anything on their own but are moved about by supernatural chess players, who is using the Christians to do evil?

... and just for instance, who does YHVH use to do His dirty work these days? I mean, in the Bible he used the Hebrews to massacre whole towns and cities, and apparently, in Job, Satan was also on the Almighty's payroll at one point, at least in the torture of one faithful man by disease, the murder of his family, the loss of his goods, etc.

So if Satan is using ISIS, who is your God using?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I was responding to DeadEyeDick ... but as to what you're stating.

Should we compare the Bible's pedigree to the Koran's? The history of the Koran shows that its integrity has been one of the most seriously guarded documents of all time.

Can't quite say that about the Bible, can we?

Muslims rely on others to interpret their holy Scripture? Oh, do you mean, like Christians, Jews, Buddhists and every other religion in the world?

Radical Islam, radical Christianity, any radicalized group is no longer practicing the faith's that they hide under.

Why point only in one direction?
edit on 11Tue, 17 Feb 2015 11:59:02 -060015p112015266 by Gryphon66 because: noted

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

no actually, the people who were commiting the atrocities were right there. whereas the coptics were being punished for something they weren't even there for.

and while i agree that it shouldn't be done in the name of religion, i can assure you, if you knew the law was not going to protect you and you saw a guy from the next town butcher your sister or brother, wife, husband or child, or neighbor,best friend, etc, you would likely flip out as most people do when they witness stuff like that. religion wouldn't even come into the picture.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

The open ended verses gives islamic militants justification to do what they are doing. All the groups i mention are considered infedels and enemies that includes women and children that would grow to fight them or reproduce more infedels.

The speach you quote from hussian is not realevnt because his media machine does not put it forth. What matters is the main points that get attention. He is no dummy he is a deep thinker nd uses all angles.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Oh so we are gonna get in the debate over the two books.

Save your breath.

The bible went through reformation and the koran has not.

The koran has open ended verses calling for death of infedels the bibles death verses are closed.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Was the horrible massacre of the Egyptians done in the name of religion as retaliation for something done somewhere else or not?

Your comment is meaningless in the context we're speaking in. You're now trying to argue for revenge on an individual basis with personal motivations.

If you're trying to justify obliquely what the Christians did to the Muslims in the CAR by claiming that every death was personal retaliation or vengeance, you're either terribly misinformed or you're quite simply trying to misrepresent the truth.

Are you trying to say that Muslims kill in the name of their religion, but Christians, doing the same things, are merely seeking revenge?

I want to be clear; is that your claim?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

You brought it up. You made the claim. You wanted to compare the Bible and the Koran, not me.

The "bible went through reformation"??? What are you talking about specifically, oh and Bible is usually capitalized.

As is Koran or Quran, out of respect.

The Bible's death verses are "closed"? What does that mean, exactly?

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join