It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our brains are quantum computers and consciousness is not a biochemical process

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Great post, F&S!

I just learned a lot of really cool sh...stuff!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I like the idea of that. I would consider such a theory.

But, if that's the case. If our brains operate on a "higher level" why are we trapped inside of biological entities with very limited capabilities? Why wouldn't our physical bodies evolve along with our brain? There's not much point having a lot of perception without any hardware to support it.

That's the one thing about it that makes me hit a wall thinking about it.
edit on 29-1-2015 by Honcho because: Wrong word.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I think all life is a kind of quantum computer so to say, meaning it is in multiple dimentions making choices.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Honcho

Sometimes there's glitches and autistic people have almost super human powers of calculations and art/music. Like Rainman. Perhaps we did at one time but forgot how to tap into it. Use it or lose it.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Great thread, this is where you want to look regarding consciousness. I did research on it for a few years and wrote a thesis paper that referenced ORCH-OR. I never thought of all the organs working together in that way, though. But it is definitely a likely possibility for how consciousness works.
edit on 29amThu, 29 Jan 2015 00:50:12 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Consider what impact this line of inquiry would have upon the development of Artificial Intelligence...

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Great subject OP! I've been looking into this for years. A very readable book on the medical aspects of this is Quantum Healing by Deepak Chopra.

I no longer have any doubt that consciousness is non-local. I imagine it a bit like the gravitational field, which is an integral part of the universe and permeates everything. The brain is like a transmitter-receiver of consciousness, like a radio. The way it is tuned determines the state of consciousness. You could also see it as a filter of consciousness. During sleep, the brain is "tuned" different compared to the awakened state, which gives us access to the dimension of dreams.

A very relevant topic to this is the Near Death Experience. A must read on this topic is Consciousness Beyond Life, The Science of the Near-Death Experience by the Dutch cardiologist Pim Van Lommel. You can also find some good interviews with him on youtube.

Science is finally catching up to the spiritual. This theory will eventually become a game changer, a new paradigm. Once you view al the mysteries of consciousness in this light, things start making sense.

soulwaxer

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo The description of phase-conjugate quantum resonance reminded me of birds or fish when they are moving in a group - if one of them turns they all seem to turn in that same direction - moving as a unit.

Quite amazing - thank you for sharing this OP. This is fantastic stuff!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: soulwaxer

This is the way I have viewed consciousness. Seems we are tapped into a greater consciousness then our selves. Lends more credence to Edgar Casey.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Boy! Such an interview. I was deeply impressed by the questions, the answers and the professional, flawless production of the video interview.

For those with miniscule brain capacities such as myself but yet interested in the more sensational aspects of this work (or short of time to watch), I would suggest that they pickup the interview at about 42 minutes into it and then catch the entire one hour interview at some more convenient time.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

The more I think about it the more it makes sense.

Our lives started as a merging of simple cells, and those cells had particles which could've become entangled, and as our bodies developed from a zygote into a fully formed fetus more cells would develop, and that would increase the chances of entanglement to a point where it could be almost inevitable that every atom in our body could be entangled, which could explain why no computer in existence has the 'power to weight ratio' that our brains do.

I read a book by Michio Kaku which explains how difficult it would be to replicate the computational power of a human brain-the energy required to pull off such a feat could power a city. But are our brains really quantum computers? hell no-they are far more powerful then any quantum computer that is on the drawing board.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: Honcho

Sometimes there's glitches and autistic people have almost super human powers of calculations and art/music. Like Rainman. Perhaps we did at one time but forgot how to tap into it. Use it or lose it.

Or perhaps we will at some point tap into it and these glitches will become more common as the brain unlocks itself. Isn't autism on the rise?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Good article - thanks for posting. I read Science Daily every day - a wealth of good information.

The results of these experiments certainly do fly in the face of the "warm, wet, noisy" rationale as to why the brain could not function as a quantum computer. Then again, perhaps there's another level in the microworld yet to be discovered.

Will read the reference papers and research over the weekend. Very interesting stuff.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGoondockSaint

Yes it is on the rise, like 1 in 150 from 1 in 2000 since the 70's. But I don't think high functioning autism is prevalent. However, I would be interested in knowing how or if microtubules in high functioning autism responds to anesthesia. Anesthesia actually plays quite a mysterious role on consciousness and is what was suggested by Stuart Hammeroff as way of falsifying the theory with tests. How 'conscious' are autistic children? How self-aware are they? There could be some correlation.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I am not autistic but my son has high functioning Aspergers, as far as I know there isn't any history of autism in my family or my sons dad's.

Regarding anaesthesia, when I had an op on a fractured wrist a few years ago, I woke from the anaesthetic in tears, not from pain, I was very upset and was crying for about half an hour afterwards, the weird thing is it appears I was crying during the anaesthesia and therefore probably during the operation. My immediate reaction on coming round on the operating table was ''where was I' ''was the operation done'' and ''how come I was crying'', the first words I said seconds after coming round and seeing a huge plastered and bandaged arm was ''is it normal that I am crying''. It really concerned me that perhaps I had retained some consciousness during the operation and was aware of pins being inserted into my bones or if it had somehow affected me spiritually or on a deep emotional level, all of which suggests retaining some sort of awareness whilst supposedly unconscious.

I have asked others if they cried during or after operations and none so far have had similar experiences.

I am very sensitive and psychic so perhaps that is part of it.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Well, I think I found a paper which seems to indicate that microtubules in Autistic people are directly affected by the Mark 1 gene.

MARK1 encodes a kinase-regulating microtubule-dependent transport in axons and dendrites. Both overexpression and silencing of MARK1 resulted in significantly shorter dendrite length in mouse neocortical neurons and modified dendritic transport speed. As expected for a gene encoding a key polarity determinant Par-1 protein kinase, MARK1 is involved in axon–dendrite specification. Thus, MARK1 overexpression in humans may be responsible for subtle changes in dendritic functioning.

hmg.oxfordjournals.org...

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Contrary to what people believe, Einstein also believed in the supernatural:

www.tm.org...

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Microtubules and all, doing what they do within a framework provided by a resonance an informed wave that sees that all is operating within the wave making the material realization that in this case is our bodies not only exist but press on for a time.. Consciousness may come from each realization or representation in matter aligning with resonances existing throughout the universe. Ultimately each thing is an antenna scouring the heavens. Some chunks of matter have better antennas and achieve higher levels of consciousness. Seems about right to me.

I like how they got it all figure out with like the microtubules and all that other stuff. I really felt I had a handle on it right up to that point about the protein. What's the protein got to do with it?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

spirituality...not religion.

Important distinction.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I thought scientists already knew that the brain is a quantum computer....

this aint news.

nice thread though!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join