It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our brains are quantum computers and consciousness is not a biochemical process

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: keMidst

Welcome to ATS!

So the "conscious" thing is something hidden in tiny recesses of our anatomy, then? In the "microtubules"? Those are just air pockets, right? With noting detectable in there except the space?

Just trying to understand…

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I was doing research on the brain, and there is lots we need to learn, the most amazing thing about the human brain is it can never be overfilled, it has an unlimited capacity, that's why when they say we use 1% of our brains it's a hyperbole.
You can't tag 1% of infinity. It's because our lives are too short to ever fully utilize it.

Which leads to the point that biologically we were designed to live forever, but something went very wrong at the very start. And now we live 7-10 decades, leaving our brains virtually and comparatively empty when we die compared to what it can actually do.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

What if memory is non-local? I mean, you know those days you can't remember a person's name or something which should be at the forefront of your memory? A word, name of a place...and you just forget. The harder you try to remember the more difficult it becomes. Then you go about your day and all of a sudden, like champagne bubbles in a bottle, that words pops to the surface. Without even thinking about it, it's just there. From out of no where comes rushing to your memory that stupid word you were trying to remember. It's like putting your brain on auto pilot to go searching for that forgotten word while you focus on other things. Even better, like google spiders crawling your brain for information.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Read Michael Talbot's "The Holographic Universe". All regurgitated territory.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuckem... No. Just no.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Good find! Understanding living beings on the level of atoms, molecules, and energy has given many the impression that living matter is basically the same as non-living matter, and that consciousness is an illusion. Perhaps this line of research will lead to a deeper understanding of what consciousness is, and how it differs from the explanations of life given by classical physics/chemistry. Star & flag.
a reply to: FlySolo

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
What do you think DNA is?

It's programming.

It determines how much muscles we get, how tall we grow, and when we die. Even by car accident or a random bullet from a bank robber. Your DNA determines everything.

It is the sum of all that has ever been learned by those who share the same genetic structures like your ancestors.

Once you realize just how powerful perception and the human mind can be, there is no limit to far you can go in this life.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
So our dreams are real ?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Consciousness seems one dimensional but with a 3-d quality really. We can see and feel with a flat like view or tunnel view, but that because of the eyes an depth perception, and it gives it the 3-d feel. And then there is the infamous third eye, or pineal gland, that said to be the seat or window into the soul. An eye that doesn't seem be an eye, but it process's light like regular eyes, and is often related to sleep. Is it just a blanket of/or wool consciousness that gets pulled over closed eyes, that allows one to see inside themselves?

Could thoughts and the chemicals of emotions echo with the interdimensional psyche, and be responsible a host a problems, or a host to solutions.

Ever heard a song that you just can get out of your head? Ever feel your thoughts vibrate through your identifying self? It can be disturbing , or comforting depending on...O a religious favorite which I loath.

The idea of Sin .

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: thisguy27

LOL

DNA cannot determine when you die if you die by an accident or someone else's intentional or otherwise actions. You make it sound like your DNA has one scheduled to die 87 years, 42 days, 2 hours and 42 minutes after birth....or perhaps 36 years, 156 days, 3 hours and 2 minutes after birth.

Hogwash.

DNA can give one probabilites regarding life span barring outside interference, but things like being murdered or driving your car off a bridge is outside the boundaries of DNA

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Microtubules dynamics are well studied. You can think of these tubes as part of the cytoskeleton that gives structure to each individual cells. They also serve various function such as splitting the cells during mitosis/meiosis and transport of molecules. They undergo dynamic instability and shrinks spontaneously but can also increase in size kind of like lego.

The interior of microtubules had been mysterious but recently scientist discovered protein structures inside the microtubules that can carry electrons. Some people said it was analogous to the process of photosynthesis in plants reducing molecules into electrons and transporting them across the electron transport chain in mitochondria. Photosynthesis is also a known quantum process according to some researchers.

This electron transport process inside the microtubules may be responsible for the observed quantum process. If this is the case, every cell in the body, your body as a whole has microtubules. Perhaps there is a more macroscopic process going on.

No one for sure how consciousness arises or if its even beamed into our collective heads like a puppet master string its puppets.

Einstein didnt call quantum phenomen spooky action at a distance for no reason.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I do not know if the OP is correct in stating our b rains are quantum computers, but I do suspect they're open to processes which're as yet not completely understood. AS well, this can lead to unpredictable results that may themselves be tied to quantum-level processes. This reminds me of the following:
www.damninteresting.com - On The Origin of Circuits - Article #280...

The candidates in question were not the stuff of blood, guts, and chromosomes that are normally associated with evolution, rather they were clumps of ones and zeros residing within a specialized computer chip. As these primitive bodies of data bumped together in their silicon logic cells, Adrian Thompson-- the machine's master-- observed with curiosity and enthusiasm.

Why do I link that? Because the original expectations were confined to the EXPECTED. What happened was the unexpected. The "neurons" in the (artificial) circuit were behaving outside the scope of the design, so producing results different from what was expected. I'm making a leap by suggesting these circuits were utilizing a quantum effect, as our brains might, but I don't think I'm making a leap by suggesting it's possible circuits could be made to utilize effects outside of traditional computing. Computers don't have to be limited to traditional methods.

If our brains can be shown to be quantum, I see no reason we cannot make computers do the same, unless one believes our brains are specially tied to something which cannot be duplicated by any other means.
edit on 30-1-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

If this is the case, every cell in the body, your body as a whole has microtubules. Perhaps there is a more macroscopic process going on.

But what's interesting is the "self" feels like it's behind your eyes. If you were to hold an object in your hand and move it close to someone and have them tell you to stop once it is too close, they would say stop once it reached their face or head area. Even if it were inches from their side or leg first. The moment something is near our eyes, we begin to feel this is the boundary of where our identity begins. The self. In a sense, to be devil's advocate, if consciousness does come from microtubules, then wouldn't the location of the "self" be ubiquitous throughout the body?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Part of that is because all of our sensory organs are located in the head.

Bringing an object close to the head may affect how sound waves reach our ears and therefore we detect that.

Even with eyes closed we can still detect changes in light.

We can also smell certain things.

Hair also have sensory functions.

If you take those things out of the equation I'm willing to bet there wont be much difference between bringing something close to your head vs legs.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply. So they still don't know. Must be a quantum leap. Some of the spirits I have seen were so real that at the time I thought they were real people.

Spirits are people, too. They just don't have "bodies".

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

Here's your video, very good, thanks. I started at 12:30, and it really picked up about a minute later. Listened for a long time, lots of good data.

To Bigfatfurrytexan:

Ingo Swann is one of the greats. Loved his work, his commitment to getting data out to the public, and his uniqueness in his field. Someone should do a movie of his life, or a well-produced documentary.

I watched this video in full. It is quite amazing. It certainly helps to have basic knowledge of the nervous system though, just to keep up.

That said, around the 40 min mark, it gets REALLY interesting with the suggestions that there could be a "quantum soul", based on the quantum entanglement of microtubules. Thus, possibly allowing for a "life after body death" in regards to consciousness... On a quantum level. He suggests consciousness exists and likely will continue to exist on a plank level of quantum geometry.

If this is proven...wow....just wow.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Absolutely fantastic post. This is a topic that ranks high in my "alternative" interests so to speak. I would truly enjoy seeing more input about the so called "error correcting code" that has been discovered within quantum equations. That's absolutely ASTOUNDING. I saw a YouTube video regarding this last year. Unless I see it posted within this thread, I will share it with you all myself. I can't remember how to embed a YouTube video into a post, so if someone could give me the proper info on how to accomplish that, I would be very grateful. Otherwise, I will just share the link.

Again, really great post my friend.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: s1ngular1ty

It's been covered

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Nokia Tesla and Einstein both admitted heavily that the knowledge gained was from Elsewhere. Not Here.

Though free to think and act, we are held together, like the stars in the firmament, with ties inseparable. These ties cannot be seen, but we can feel them.

Our senses enable us to perceive only a minute portion of the outside world.

I know too - Some of my decisions where not of smite or daily living - It was sought from a feeling....

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Wow, what a great read OP. We are of such similar
opinion, that I couldn't find one thing I disagreed with.

BTW, I was discussing with a friend about the holographic,
simulation theory and about the computer code found with
superstring theory equations, and he just couldn't get his head
around where the ones and zeros from the equations were found or how?

I couldn't explain it to him even though I told him physicists have
stated that this code was found and it was a certain programing
language invented by a certain person.

Could you enlighten me a little bit more about just how this computer
code was found?

Rebel 5

edit on 31-1-2015 by rebelv because: syntax

edit on 31-1-2015 by rebelv because: syntax

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join