It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Checksum discovered in DNA: More evidence of Simulation Theory?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+83 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Binary, zeros and ones, Phi, the Golden Ratio, Fibonacci sequence, PI, oh how I wish I could fully understand it all.
But what does it all mean? Why do these numerical patterns continue to be discovered in the laws of physics right down to the fiber of our core being, DNA?

Firstly, you must be familiar with the term "checksum"as it applies to computers. In 30 words or less, it is a series of numbers which are generated in the background on your computer when transmitting data to another. These checksums must match up identically to show no corruption has occurred. Those were my words. I don't understand the algorithm about it but if you want to know more then computer.howstuffworks.com....

Now lets get into the deep and heavy:

When cells replicate, they count the total number of letters in the DNA strand of the daughter cell. If the letter counts don’t match certain exact ratios, the cell knows that an error has been made. So it abandons the operation and kills the new cell.

This isn't really anything new. This was first discovered in the 40's by Barbara McClintock who went later on to win the Nobel prize. What's interesting is what lies beneath the surface. The genetic code is made up of 4 letters which are grouped together in triplets producing a total of 64 combinations.
Then...

Jean-Claude Perez discovered an evolutionary mathematical matrix in DNA, based on the Golden Ratio 1.618

This is where it starts to get difficult so I'll try to explain it the best I can. Even I don't fully get it. Basically, the DNA consists of T,C,A,G. So you will have triplets with patterns like TTT, TCG, TAA etc. Perez then counted the triplets in a single genome (1 billion) and discovered when splitting the ratio of triplets from black to white, well...

Perez discovered that the ratio of white letters to black letters is exactly 0.690983, which is (3-Phi)/2. Phi is the number 1.618, the “Golden Ratio.”

There's that majic number again. Time and time again with multiple combinations of sets of first and second letters Phi would continue to appear with a constant ratio of 1:1

When you overlay these 6 symmetries on top of each other, you get a set of mathematical stairs with 32 golden steps. Then an absolutely fascinating geometrical pattern emerges: The “Dragon Curve” which is well known in fractal geometry. Here it is, labeled with DNA letters in descending frequency:

Fractals! forgot that one. Gotta luv those fractals. Here's our lovely DNA at work

Look familiar?

Here's the link to this fascinating discovery from a site called cosmic fingerprints
More interesting factoids...
I recommend checking it out further because apparently, this is all just the tip of the iceberg.

So let me get back to this checksum and the whole meat and potatoes here. Not sure if any of you remember this thread awhile back...

Hard evidence of code in string theory

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This man discovered which appears to be code embedded in the actual equations of symmetrical mathematics. Not just code, but CheckSum code!

James Gates Jr.

Jim Gates came into particle physics at just the right time for his brave choice of a thesis project to assure him a place in the early development of supersymmetry, supergravity and superspace. He's been working to explore and understand superspace since the seventies. Gates received his B.A. and Ph.D. at MIT, and is currently the John S. Toll Professor in Physics at the University of Maryland.

The discovery has whipped many conspiracy theorists, new age types and others with fringe views into a frenzy all over the internet, not to mention the religious groups, some of whom are interpreting the discovery as evidence that at the very least there must be some kind of intelligence or designer behind the laws of physics.

Link

Now, when I first read about this, it was hard to wrap my head around the concept. How can a code be seen in an equation? This image best described it for me

Each of those lines are equations based off of previous equations. But, interconnecting them is the numerical binary answer. Which is how I understand it.

So here we have two corroborating scientists on individual paths demonstrating that our existence is laid out for us in the form of code. which plays an integral role in the fabric of who we are. Amazing! I also recall reading in the article that the DNA checksum doesn't allow for evolution to happen on it's own. In other words, not by accident. There is a time and a place for that new combination of triplets to kick in. I really think we are beginning to put the pieces together.

ETA:

To her amazement, the plants could reconstruct the damaged section. They did so by copying other parts of the DNA strand, then pasting them into the damaged area.

Code that auto corrects itself just blows my mind.

edit on 21-4-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Fascinating! Thank you, s+f!

Science never fails to astound.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Sorry, but checksums in DNA are hardly evidence that the whole universe is a simulation.

It's far more likely that we were genetically engineered by aliens, IMO.

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelYoung
Sorry, but checksums in DNA are hardly evidence that the whole universe is a simulation.

That's the sequel. Considering checksums aren't a natural occurrence, perhaps everything has been engineered
edit on 20-4-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Binary, zeros and ones, Phi, the Golden Ratio, Fibonacci sequence, PI, oh how I wish I could fully understand it all.

Phi is the Golden ratio. They are not separate as implied.

Phi = (1+sqr5)/2

Is this thread going to be different to the already existing threads on the same subject.....quoting the same person?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

I think you're arguing semantics. Yes, Phi is the Golden ratio

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
in a way, because the planets and galaxies are revolving and rotating, people (as energy/matter) traveling through time, would probably form a similar pattern. including waves and orbits, patterned plot of the long term movements..

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelYoung

Those "Aliens" are just as holographic as the meat suit you are wearing.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Whoa! Shaweet!

I'm just going to shoot form the hip with this next part.. but I wonder...

take that idea...

bring in some geometry.... such as the E8 model

dumb it down with a little...

then take a ride on the cuboctahedron train.... I wonder what the results would be.

BRB!(in 100 yrs lol)

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I'm curious, if because this "check sum" process is part of our DNA could it (DNA) have had an "influence" subconsciously on how we "chose" or were "influenced" by our DNA to create and operate our computer systems?

In other words, its no coincidence that we "create" machines, art, etc that mimic the "natural" world. We are PART of that natural world and we are subconsciously being influenced through our DNA to create machines that are incredibly similar in design and function to biological/natural designs.

edit on 21-4-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
I'm curious, if because this "check sum" process is part of our DNA could it (DNA) have had an "influence" subconsciously on how we "chose" or were "influenced" by our DNA to create and operate our computer systems?

In other words, its no coincidence that we "create" machines, art, etc that mimic the "natural" world. We are PART of that natural world and we are subconsciously being influenced through our DNA to create machines that are incredibly similar in design and function to biological/natural designs.

edit on 21-4-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

Yes, I thought of that too. It's so far embedded on a quantum level, it just continues on in what we do

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

E8, I forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me. Another corroborated theory.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I'm sorry, but I really don't understand how Perez has seperated the triplets based on black/white. What determines whether a triplet goes into the black column or the white column?
edit on 21-4-2012 by chemistry because: spelling

EDIT: Okay, sorry, I get it now.

I'm not sure if this is very scientific though. Every scientist in the world can manipulate data/information how they like and find patterns.
edit on 21-4-2012 by chemistry because: edit

edit on 21-4-2012 by chemistry because: spelling

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

E8, I forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me. Another corroborated theory.

I'm tellin ya, we will have this mess figured out very soon. It just sucks, that as soon as we're able to 100% know and understand the universe, is about the exact same time that we will destroy ourselves, and never be able to enjoy this knowledge.

Maybe that's the fundamental relationship with consciousness and the universe. It's all most biblical...(tower of babel)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by chemistry

Go read the link I provided and scroll down to the middle. That chart is only 1 of 5 which goes on to show the various patterns he constructed

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
In computer science, at the CPU level, checksum is a costly process. It also cannot correct an error.
What can correct an error is knows as vertical and horizontal parity checking. This is done using odd or even parity.

In hardware, data is clocked into memory in manageable blocks. Lets say for simplicity, 8 consecutive bytes, and we are using odd parity. Since there are 8 bits in a byte, we wind up with an 8x8 matrix of data. The hardware adds one more bit to each row to hold the parity, both vertically and horizontally, producing a 9x9 matrix. The computer counts the number of "1" bits in each row and column. Since we are using odd parity here, if the count is odd, a zero goes into the parity bit, if it is even, a one is added to force an odd number of bits. If all bits are zero in a row or column, then the parity bit will be zero. Looks like this:

The "X" is the parity bit.

Before Parity Checking

X XXXXXXXX

After Parity Checking

0 10001010
1 01011010
0 11101010
1 01111001
0 10001011
1 01011011
0 10011000
0 11011010

This block is then sent on it's way to be stored in the CPU either as data or instructions. The CPU hardware does an automatic parity check as the data comes in. If the parity bit does not match for an odd or even number of "1" bits in a row, then it is already know there has been a bit reversal. Once all the data gets in, the parity check runs on the columns. One or more of those parity bits will be wrong. The intersection of a bad parity bit in a row and column points to the bit in the matrix that is wrong and it gets automatically reversed, thus correcting the error.

Obviously, this method cannot deal with double bit errors in the same vertical or horizontal 8 bit sequences, however in such a case, there would be so many errors coming down the pike, that the CPU would just crash, signaling a hardware error. In some computers the parity bit row and column itself is also checked for errors, again signaling an error that cannot be corrected and an error in the parity checking process itself.

Anyway, I can see nature using such a mechanism. Put DNA letters represented by 3-bit sequences, and the same could be done on a chain of DNA sequences........

edit on 21-4-2012 by charlyv because: missed a column.... fixed

edit on 21-4-2012 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2012 by charlyv because: Again, clarity (god it's late!)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Do you have any links that can further explain this? That would be awesome!

I only have a limited knowledge on the topic of information technologies...

If I'm not mistaken, the universe can be broken down into dualities on all levels, so base 2 is very appropriate in computing. Not necessarily the fastest, or best means, but yeah... the best thus far.

I've always been fascinated with base12 though, and I've always flirted with the idea of computing with code that is rooted in base12.

There's a whole list of reasons why base12 is appropriate, which I will not get into... but it has a very geometrical truth behind it, especially rooted in sacred geometry.

What are your thoughts on the plausibility of this?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

This video of how the DNA copies itself sums it up

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS
reply to post by charlyv

Do you have any links that can further explain this? That would be awesome!

I only have a limited knowledge on the topic of information technologies...

If I'm not mistaken, the universe can be broken down into dualities on all levels, so base 2 is very appropriate in computing. Not necessarily the fastest, or best means, but yeah... the best thus far.

I've always been fascinated with base12 though, and I've always flirted with the idea of computing with code that is rooted in base12.

There's a whole list of reasons why base12 is appropriate, which I will not get into... but it has a very geometrical truth behind it, especially rooted in sacred geometry.

What are your thoughts on the plausibility of this?

This method can be found in any subject that deals with the internal operations of a CPU. There are thousands of examples. I am an embedded engineer, so it is part of my work, and believe me it gets much more complex than this. This is basic. I am intigued with your reference to base 12. Why would this be so important? Basically, everything reduces to base 2 for manageability, so I would love to know the reference that base 12 would be an efficient base to operate in for such complex operations. I will research it a bit and let you know what I find.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
reply to post by charlyv

This video of how the DNA copies itself sums it up

That is an awesome video. Very well explained. One would wonder, (and not being a biologist) if the RNA is indeed doing the equivalent of a v&h parity check when it runs down the data area and spits the DNA strand and makes an exact copy. If it did something like this, it may be able to "self-heal" a detected, wrongly encoded sequence. The mind boggles at this and automatically I need to know more about it. Thanks by the way for the thread, you have provided me some fun, and cannot wait to get a handle on it.

Addendum:
C'mon ATS, there are some microbiologists in here that are just itching to contribute to what has already been presented. Chime in please and lets get down to some real science.
edit on 21-4-2012 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join