It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our brains are quantum computers and consciousness is not a biochemical process

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: rebelv

In simplest English, it's error correcting code resembling 0's and 1's in the equations which requiring "folding" when working with 4d mathematics into a 1d equation. It ends up looking like this where black nodes need to be on black and white on white. It's called an Adinkras:

One of the first people to confront this problem was the mathematician Richard Hamming, who worked on the Manhattan Project during the Second World War. In 1950 he introduced the idea of "error-correcting codes" that could remove or work around any un wanted changes to a transmitted signal. Hamming's idea was for the sending computer to insert extra bits into words in a specific manner such that the receiving computer could, by looking at the extra bits, detect and correct errors introduced by the transmission process. His algorithm for the insertion of these extra bits is known as the "Hamming code". The construction of such error-correcting codes has been pursued since the beginning of the computer age and many different codes now exist. These are typically divided into families; for example, the "check-sum extended Hamming code" is a rather complicated variant of the Hamming code and it belongs to a family known as "doubly even self-dual linear binary error-correcting block codes" (an amazing mouthful!). Yet whatever family they belong to, all error-correction codes serve the same function: they are used to detect errors and allow the correct transmission of digital data.

How does this relate to adinkras? The middle adinkra in figure 4 is obtained by folding the image on the left of the figure. The folding involves taking pairs of the dots of the same type and "fusing them together" as if they were made of clay. In general, an adinkra-folding process will lead to diagrams where the associated equations do not possess the SUSY property. In order to ensure that this property is retained, we must carry out the fusing in such a way that white dots are only fused with other white dots, black dots with other black dots, and lines of a given colour and dashing are only joined with lines that possess the same properties. Most foldings violate this, but there is one exception — and it happens to be related to a folding that involves doubly even self-dual linear binary error-correcting block codes.

Source
edit on 31-1-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I consider the brain to be a transceiver device in quantum entanglement.

Consciousness has the feel of space as it dwells on both sides of the transceiver brain. The "other side" is blocks and frames of space-time that existed within effective range of your fields (electromagnetic, gravitational, spatial displacement, both radiations and receptions).

Brain damage only wrecks the transceiver, the actual memories are in fact those frames of space-time that are still intact. But with the transceiver damaged you can't dwell there until you are released for the recording phase of your existence (death).

Upon death and the release from the binding of the transceiver, your consciousness is 100% time dwelling inside your envelope that is your recording (which is the actual space-time frames and blocks, not synapses firing )
edit on 31-1-2015 by tkwasny because: Typo fix

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Here's a video of Seth Lloyd giving a lecture at MIT about quantum life. He discuss how they are discovering quantum functions in many areas of biology such as photosynthesis, sonar and our sense of smell.

I also remember reading awhile back from a scientist saying it's been predicted that we will be discovering more and more of the mechanic in just life in general. I'll see if I can find this.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Ok, so if all this is true, then what might cause Seizures? If you figure it out, let me know cuz I am really damn sick of taking these meds.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Well if you watched the video, you might have noticed the very question is: What is conscience? You sound like you know it, want to share?
The very idea of this quantum mechanics is: the smallest particles, if isolated behave unpredictable, like they are at all available spaces at the same time, that's where Heissenbergs uncertainty relations come from.
Now my brain is built from a huge number of this tiniest particles, the very second you are a composition of many quanta, the unpredictable beahviour is bound into the bigger system and becomes irrelevant/non-existent.
If you say you're brain is a quantum-computer, you say there is not much going on and all you got is one quantum that dreams to become at least a single brain-cell in the realtively big and empty space of your head. No offense, just a metaphor.
edit on -06:00America/ChicagoAmerica/ChicagopMondayAmerica/Chicago by Peeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Heres a video that talks about the physics of counsiousness. . . .
Well I think of counsiousness as god made manifest in various degrees of existance. . .

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Thank you for that eloquent explanation.
Now I know more than I did.

I am somewhat familiar with checksum error correcting
codes, so now at least I understand that the code is
a self correcting code, and have a better understanding
where and how it was found.

Thank you for that rather detailed reply, along with
the source.

Rebel 5

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
If we could figure out a way to unlock the potential of our minds theres no telling what wonders we might achieve. . .

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
If we could figure out a way to unlock the potential of our minds theres no telling what wonders we might achieve. . .

That was somewhat of my point in another post - why are we born so ignorant? Why don't we have an innate ability to see the natural world the way it really is. Why is it so hard to realize the full potential of the mind - if there even is a full potential? Everything is a struggle. Why?

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Phantom423

Everything is a struggle. Why?

Because life is supposed to be hard. I don't think there's a single person alive or had been alive who didn't find life a struggle. Including the rich and privileged. Everyone one of us has baggage and everyone of us needs a psychologist.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom423

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

That was somewhat of my point in another post - why are we born so ignorant? Why don't we have an innate ability to see the natural world the way it really is. Why is it so hard to realize the full potential of the mind - if there even is a full potential? Everything is a struggle. Why?

Because we have been altered to be stupid rather than work at full capacity.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Or, more likely we are all individuals, with different backgrounds, training, learning and life experiences.

Add all that together and people will never be entirely in lock step with each other.

Kinda happy that is not the case....awfully freaking boring it would be if we all thought the same way. Can you say bee hive?

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Further to what I said earlier regarding my theory about consciousness being a field. And how Cymatics maybe exposes just a tiny bit of it? Just a guess. But what's up with all the geometry? Geometry has always been an enigma. It's seen in visualizations, It's seen in drug hallucinations, it's sacred used by esoteric teachers, and it appears in sound.

An invisible wave of ultra complicated geometry vibrating at frequencies which are picked up on a cellular level of all living things. The geometry is the "software" running commands which we interpret as "reality". Stop me if I'm getting too far out there. ha.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Or, more likely we are all individuals, with different backgrounds, training, learning and life experiences.

Add all that together and people will never be entirely in lock step with each other.

Kinda happy that is not the case....awfully freaking boring it would be if we all thought the same way. Can you say bee hive?

My point is we are programed to filter out information which may be important to us and we may wish to know about. Whats clear is we wernt programed to work at full capacity, if we did we would most likely be able to redefine our reality like it was a lucid dream.

As to a hive we are probably already in one yet unable to pervieve it, because its programed out of our minds.

Sure we could alter ourselves to be 1000% smarter and more optimal in every way but that would be contrary to the agenda to dumb us down to our current useless short lived selves.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

So what does that mean? Various solutions of nonlinear partial differential equations subjected to periodic forcing look pretty! Yes they do indeed.

And so what?

Calling it "cymatics" means nothing.

There is no intrinsic relationship between them necessarily. Nothing esoteric or magical. Picked up at the cellular level of all living things, you mean like boom box?

Drug hallucinations are quite interesting, and there are now mechanistic simulations and explanations relating to known neurobiology which can recreate them.

edit on 5-2-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Time2Think
Ok, so if all this is true, then what might cause Seizures? If you figure it out, let me know cuz I am really damn sick of taking these meds.

Hhaa I feel the same. If all this is true then why does life still suck a lot for a lot of people. Its pure hell.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Life is like a dream, you are one with everything yet percieve yourself as the seer of objects just like in a dream, you are in fact everything but see yourself as part of it rather than the whole of it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join