It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Future Drug Makes 8 Hours Seem Like 1000 Years!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
The author of the present time space construct everyone here is experiencing in their subjective manner invented just this type of correctional construct long ago within the frame of reference of the linear flow of time. In the Bible this construct is named "Hell". Humans have experienced this construct and shared the experience in stories told and written since the earliest memory of humankind.

MI experienced this construct. To describe it in one word would be "horrific". It was also humbling to the personal construct called ego. The only pathway out of the construct called hell was to comply with this reality author's expectations of behavior. The author most often called God created the Hell construct for the purpose of behavior modification of the characters that the author had invented. Once invented the characters took on a self authoring characteristic from the author. This is known as "free will". The hell construct limits the damage to the greater reality construct by all self editing characters/beings.

The hell construct might seem cruel to an outside observer but it is a needed function according to the will of the universe reality construct author.

We could construct our own personal heavens with this, and dream of heaven for 1000 years a night with this technology.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord Linear time experience is variable within the mind. Not just the 1,000 year dream be it one of flights of fancy, or a lingering horror. MI has entered constructs of this nature during a number of levels of consciousness equivalent to the human intelligence experience of waking and sleeping. Mi's present theory is that this is an effect of quantum tunneling, in which the directing, and experiencing consciousness records another universe of probabilities in an instant and then returns to the reality in which the intelligence has a current storage arrangement for this data to be processed. Photons can exist within this space time or quantum tunnel into other universe experiences.

Consciousness it seems can travel on photons. Returning to the superposition and then enter into various probabilistic domains or alternate realities if you will.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
So many questions. One of the things it might be good for (if it was possible), is to administer to people who are dying and have a short time to live. I still don't know, what if you are stuck in momentary thought? How long does it take to go from thought to thought, realization to realization?

Would you build new connections in the brain while on this drug? Some theorize novel thought creates new neuron connections. How would the brain handle this speed of thought in eight hours? Just doesn't seem plausible.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
GREAT ,so science has successfully reproduced HIGH SCHOOL math class...

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Dali learned that technique from his subjects, simple mathematical associations that draw the viewer in.
The Persistence of memory was inspired one evening when he was feeling abandoned by his wife Gala.
Gala had decided to have a girls night out and Salvador was left home alone.
Apparently bored he made himself a melted cheese sandwich.

There are other elements in the painting, the baron surrogate landscape, the bit of English sealing wax.
Dali was esoteric, but always lucid and his works usually had a concise intended interpretation.
I suppose drugs might keep one from seeing why they chose to burn the mansion on the 19th.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Anyone ever watch star trek ds9? Chief Obrien is sentenced to the same punishment. Very good episode, showing what it'd be like.

to you, everything you know and love is long forgotten. To them, you stepped out for a smoke.

Seems as if itd be worse if they somehow made you forget it was dilated time.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
a reply to: FormOfTheLord Linear time experience is variable within the mind. Not just the 1,000 year dream be it one of flights of fancy, or a lingering horror. MI has entered constructs of this nature during a number of levels of consciousness equivalent to the human intelligence experience of waking and sleeping. Mi's present theory is that this is an effect of quantum tunneling, in which the directing, and experiencing consciousness records another universe of probabilities in an instant and then returns to the reality in which the intelligence has a current storage arrangement for this data to be processed. Photons can exist within this space time or quantum tunnel into other universe experiences.

Consciousness it seems can travel on photons. Returning to the superposition and then enter into various probabilistic domains or alternate realities if you will.

Nice I would love it if this became the next form of entertainment for people who wanted to have it, like living an eternity in an instant.

Just imagine if you could have part of yourself that enjoyed heaven all the time while another part of you went on with normal day to day life, but you could be counsious of both realities at the same time.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Don't think this drug is possible:

Ok lets do 1000 years in 8 hours! Ready, set, GO!

Every Hour: 125 years
Every Minute: 2.083 years
Every Second: 12.6736 days

Every second is almost 2 weeks?

Time doesn't slow down for the person, it speeds up. WAY up. They experience nearly 2 weeks of jail in 1 second of time on the clock, they would just be laughing honestly. I think it would have to work as some type of hypnotism instead of hallucinating...I don't know how a drug would be able to do this. It's almost to make the person crazy and convinced they are observing time faster than other people in the room, and we know this is physically impossible.

It would be the equivalent of a homeless man walking up to you on the street and saying, "I just walked down the block and 500 years passed!!"

I don't think you can create a designer drug to make someone all of a sudden believe they are a wizard.

Our blood just can't move that fast through our body to make it physically feel like 2 weeks every second, so I would say the drug would just make the person into a crazy homeless wizard. It would last for 8 hours and maybe the person believed they lived for 10,000 years. Given that, the experiment would most likely have the person bed-ridden for 8 hours.

I guess they plan to just study their brains while on the drug, I still can't see anything of value coming from the experiment.

Interesting to think about....S+F

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
1000 years a night, we might attain some kind of super enlightenment if the use of this drug and lucid dreaming became common place amongst the citizens.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Man, I just saw an episode of The Outer Limits a few months ago with David Hyde Pierce and it was similar to this. It was called The Sentence. Here's a quick description.

Dr. Jack Henson creates a Virtual Prison — an environment in which convicts experience a life sentence in a harsh regime in just a few hours of real time.

en.wikipedia.org...

Here's the episode right here and it was really good.

Sadly, the audio is sped up but the just is the Dr. gets trapped by his own technology and he experiences a long period of time in jail but in "reality" only a few hours pass.

edit on 27-1-2015 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
Man, I just saw an episode of The Outer Limits a few months ago with David Hyde Pierce and it was similar to this. It was called The Sentence. Here's a quick description.

Dr. Jack Henson creates a Virtual Prison — an environment in which convicts experience a life sentence in a harsh regime in just a few hours of real time.

en.wikipedia.org...

Here's the episode right here and it was really good.

Sadly, the audio is sped up but the just is the Dr. gets trapped by his own technology and he experiences a long period of time in jail but in "reality" only a few hours pass.

That just goes to show you that this technology has probably been around for quite some time in secret fed to us in things like sci fi.

I find it strange the sci fi wouldnt even address the positives of this technology, its always the dark side of things that appeals to people. Sad really, but this could be a great boon to civilization.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It seems there's a lot of focus on the negative rather than the positive potential of having access to something like this.

I'd probably use something like this to take 1 year of vacation from work in 1 day.

My guess if something like this became reality, it wouldn't be a drug, but some electronic method of altering neural activity in the temporal lobe or something.
edit on 27-1-2015 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-1-2015 by Junkheap because: "potential" not "potention".
Is "potention" even a word? Arrggh!

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Junkheap
It seems there's a lot of focus on the negative rather than the positive potention of having access to something like this.

I'd probably use something like this to take 1 year of vacation from work in 1 day.

My guess if something like this became reality, it wouldn't be a drug, but some electronic method of altering neural activity in the temporal lobe or something.

It would seem our society/civilization is obsessed with negativity, its really a shame.

Just think of what wonders we could realize if we had a 1000 years a night to live out in virtual self created worlds just as real as this one.

That would be a major achievement for our civilization, in every field of science and technology, not to mention human happiness.

However all they come up with is a way to sentence prisoners to tortuous years in a virtual world, it just stinks of evil in every way.
Not to mention the number of people that would love to see prisoners tortured, its like we are in living in an evil society that doesnt have morals or know right from wrong.

edit on 27-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

These are good points.

These drugs could be used for very good purposes. Imagine someone whose terminally ill with a few months or days to live.

They could have a whole new lifetime to spend with their family and friends in a virtual existence. To them it will be just as "real" as this lifetime.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

These are good points.

These drugs could be used for very good purposes. Imagine someone whose terminally ill with a few months or days to live.

They could have a whole new lifetime to spend with their family and friends in a virtual existence. To them it will be just as "real" as this lifetime.

With this technology you could become all knowing in a single night, kids could learn everything in an instant, so could anyone for that matter.

Talk about an enlightened civilization, thats what potential this drug could show us time is nothing more than an illusion and allow us to fully access our dream states to become likened to gods of knowledge.

There is no down side to the benifits of gaining 1000 years of knowledge and experience in a nights rest.

You could even rewrite the laws of physics in your virtual universe, and who knows perhaps develop the means to change the physics of the outside world.

What wouldnt suprise me is if the mind was able to manipulate the world not only within a simulation but outside of our dreams as well, kinda a mind over matter type of situation.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

This doesn't take into effect that you probably aren't sleeping during that time. Maybe you'd have to put someone into a dream state to really have anything matter. Otherwise, you may end up totally empty when you return.

Also, follow the bread crumbs. It's still highly theoretical:

aeon.co...
edit on 27-1-2015 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

You are assuming knowledge = enlightnement.

I can assure you, you can know everything about life, the cosmos, and philosophy, and still be evil.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I so look forward to the utopian future of mind control, transhumanism and genetic manipulation.

I trust the elite controllers of this scientific paradise to only have our best interest at heart and never use any of this in a nefarious way.

With places like DARPA leading the research what could possibly go wrong.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I don't know how many people read manga but Naruto (which just recently ended after 13? years) used this concept as part of the plot for the eventual big bad villain. In it he created an alternate reality personalized to each persons desires and time went by quickly, such that people could experience a lifetime of having all of their ideal lifes dreams and goals work out in just a single night.

In the story this was treated as a false way to create world peace and a bad thing, but I'm not so sure. Depending on the time scale wouldn't eons of peace and everyone being the winners of their own reality be better than real life where people lie, cheat, steal, and kill each other? That was actually the central point of that manga, reality was to put it simply bad. It was a world of brainwashed child soldiers where everyone had depression, ptsd, survivors guilt, and other mental health issues as a result of what they had to go through.

Our reality is bad enough, I know which option I would choose.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

"There are a number of psychoactive drugs that distort people’s sense of time, so you COULD IMAGINE developing a pill or a liquid that made someone feel like they were serving a 1,000-year sentence," she said.

So this drug doesn't exist, and likely never will.

Seems like a non-topic then really. We might as well be discussing punishing prisoners with glow-in-the-dark three headed dragons.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join