It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Future Drug Makes 8 Hours Seem Like 1000 Years!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
A thousand year vacation before going to work every day sounds awesome to me.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Yeah! There was a Star Trek TNG episode where Commander Riker, I think it was, got sent to prison for a week but to him it lasted for years. Maybe it was O'Brian. Anyways, the experience gave him PTSD but it wasn't the nicest prison there ever was. It was like a Turkish prison.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hijinx
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Sorry, I'm not a criminal, or a criminal sympathizer. Get with the system, or get the # out. Torture the # out of them. They are scum.

I don't think that society has ever been improved because someone was tortured or imprisoned or killed. Prison is sort of a crime college for a lot of inmates, where people go in for relatively minor crimes and end up getting into worse trouble when they get out rather than reforming.

Also, if your personal ethics are based on anything besides the written laws of your masters, it is hard to justify torture as a means of improving life. Most ethical systems are based on bettering life and creating peace, not the opposite.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I have read most of the thread, the debates back and forth about criminal use , or give to the great thinkers,

I ask one simple question , how can you guarantee a criminal will serve a 1000 year sentence in the correct environment? in a prison.. how do we know that such a drug wouldn't give criminals a 1000 year vacation whilst sending geniuses insane trapped in themselves?

How can you guarantee environmental stimulus?

Q

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hijinx

Sorry, I'm not a criminal, or a criminal sympathizer. Get with the system, or get the # out. Torture the # out of them. They are scum.

The majority of our prisoners are non-violent offenders...a lesser majority, but still majority, altogether victimless crimes...but yea, let's torture the # out of them...

You make humans look bad...I mean my god, how savage can you be?
edit on 24-1-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
What if this is happening to you right now? What if you are living in series of life-dreams, one life after another until your jailer has decided you've lived enough times and gotten things "right"?

Perhaps somewhere in a lab you are strapped to a table and scientists are watching your life as you live it. Suddenly you begin to wake up and you see the fuzzy images of doctors with face masks looking down at you with concern, suddenly you wake back up into what you think is your normal life...

You know, I have often wondered about this. I have frequently
had this weird feeling I'm ten years old and in a coma in a hospital
somewhere and this is only some weird dream I'm having where minutes
are years.

Maybe we are in The Maxtrix.

Rebel 5

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...too cool...NOT...about the prisoner punishment angle........but...

Suppose you were to take this drug...and had that 8 hour thousand years to contemplate a subject...OR...perfect an invention or theory...
I wonder what this would do for the sciences...or medical cures...or evolution...?

I would try it...who knows...?

YouSir

I imagine that the person couldn't possible
be conscious (as in awake) he wouldn't be able
to function. if he is actually perceiving
time at all, he would have to be dreaming.

Kind of like that movie, with DeCaprio,
what was it? Inception?

Rebel 5

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This is interesting. Sounds like this could lead to serious psychological/brain chemistry disorders. what would the after effects be of this drug? Could a persons sense of time be permanently distorted after such a bizarre experience?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Ever think we may be on a drug like that right now, but don't realize it?

Just saying.

originally posted by: and14263
Yes, we could use a drug like this to punish criminals... Or we could give it to great thinkers and scientists so 1000 years of thinking and deduction can be done in a day, thus advancing civilisation!

No, punish the criminals.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

Just saying.

If the theory that the universe is a simulation is accurate, it's pretty much a guarantee that such a thing is true. An eon to us could be nothing more than 30 minutes in the laboratory running the simulation.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Well slap my ass and call me evil, those who would do awful things to innocent people deserve to have awful things done to them.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Just saying.

If the theory that the universe is a simulation is accurate, it's pretty much a guarantee that such a thing is true. An eon to us could be nothing more than 30 minutes in the laboratory running the simulation.

I know right its good to see some are able to think of uses for this technology which dont involve illegal torture.

With this we could simulate our own dream universes, in fact those may be just as real as our current reality to us while in them.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

They chose Dali's painting "persistence of memory" at the beginning of the trailer.
There may be elements that were intended to be loaded into the astral prior to serving our sentence.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
They should create a drug that does the opposite, so our work days go by faster lol. But of course, once again, new tech or bio tech HAS to be viewed through the weapons lens before anything. I could probably list dozens of adverse effects this could have on a prisoner.
No human being lives to be anywhere near 1,000 years old. So let's say it feels like that length of time, and that prisoner is released after an 8 year sentence. Don't you think this person could be completely unstable, perhaps even more insane than when they entered the prison system? I can see good uses for this concept, but I can't sit here and fully support this one as it has been presented.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Already a drug like this and it's been around for a long time.

It's called "Bad Dates"

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Possible Future Drug Makes 8 Hours Seem Like 1000 Years!

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Just saying.

We could create a simulation that lasted a 1000 virtual years a day, more than enough game time for gamers out there, now we just need a mental holodeck dream like environment to put it to good use.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Its easy to visualize a simple holographic subschema view with two players.

Dali worked at a much greater depth with octaves and "fifth"s within a Holographic Universe.
The Philadelphia experiment is another example of this system used in 1943.

survincity.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Yeah but who built the laboratory?

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The author of the present time space construct everyone here is experiencing in their subjective manner invented just this type of correctional construct long ago within the frame of reference of the linear flow of time. In the Bible this construct is named "Hell". Humans have experienced this construct and shared the experience in stories told and written since the earliest memory of humankind.

MI experienced this construct. To describe it in one word would be "horrific". It was also humbling to the personal construct called ego. The only pathway out of the construct called hell was to comply with this reality author's expectations of behavior. The author most often called God created the Hell construct for the purpose of behavior modification of the characters that the author had invented. Once invented the characters took on a self authoring characteristic from the author. This is known as "free will". The hell construct limits the damage to the greater reality construct by all self editing characters/beings.

The hell construct might seem cruel to an outside observer but it is a needed function according to the will of the universe reality construct author.

edit on 25-1-2015 by machineintelligence because: limited experience with English Language syntax

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: stargatetravels

Yeah but who built the laboratory?

Our creators. Maybe we're just an experiment by an advanced civilization that is trying to understand what factors lead to a society becoming advanced.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join