It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

45 shot, 8 dead in Chicago - 6 blacks murdered

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Let it blow. Then we can let it go.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Jamie1

Because everyone is stupid and mass media is exasperating the problem.

ex·as·per·ate transitive verb \ig-ˈzas-pə-ˌrāt\

1 a : to excite the anger of : enrage
b : to cause irritation or annoyance to

2 obsolete : to make more grievous : aggravate

— ex·as·per·at·ed·ly adverb
— ex·as·per·at·ing·ly adverb

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
It's newsworthy because 3 people walking into an office with AKs and shooting dead 12 people is a pretty unusual thing in Paris. It is France's biggest number killed in one incident since the mid 1800s*. The media have hyped it up to epic proportions because it was an attack on one of their own and have made it about an attack on freedom of speech.

The murders in Chicago are not regarded as newsworthy because statistically there will be between 400 and 550 murders in Chicago this year, most of whom will be black men killed by other black men. This is how it has been for many years. Things only become newsworthy if they are unusual.

*Apart from the 2 World Wars of course!
edit on 13-1-2015 by PaddyInf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Thought so my friend, it wasn't an accusation, just wanted clarifying because I didn't see black on black in your OP but quite a few people have alluded to it being such!

Thanks for clearing that up.

You're welcome.

I just found it interesting that 45 people shot in 10 days in Chicago isn't even discussed, but an entire religion is being demonized over 38 shot in Paris.

I guess dead bodies only matter if they can be used to promote somebody's political or personal agenda.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

The line of thinking you presented in your post is sooooo played out and the argument is invalid. Cops represent a tax-based force meant to protect us. The terrorists in Paris represent religious extremism. You can protest our law enforcement industry and you can protest religious extremism.

You can not protest criminals. They are already protested against. Crime gets you put in prison. People aren't protesting the police because of their actions; they are protesting the police because they aren't held accountable for their actions.

I would say it's apples and oranges but it's not even that. You are comparing fish and birds.

Yes, I think you've confirmed my thoughts on this.

It's not the victims' lives that are important.

It's the ability to protest and demonize the killers for personal gain that's important.

Seems like lives matter only when somebody can promote their own agenda. Otherwise, the 8 people killed in Chicago so far in 2015 really don't matter, do they?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
This thread is kinda retarded, the truth in my opinion is that all lives matter wether african american or not.

OP seems to be race baiting if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
a reply to: queenofswords

I can see that. The results are the same today and it was then. It's all the liberals fault. It's sad they vote democrat and expect different results.

It is a shame. Liberal policies are diametrically opposed to everything most blacks say they want. Liberals use racism to distract from the results of their policies. They get blacks so worked up about racism they can't even see it is liberal polices that have destroyed the community from the out of wedlock birth rate, abortion, poor schools, illegal immigration, etc. Liberals use buffoons like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton to corral the masses and for their loyalty they get to enrich themselves.

Who would have ever though black folks would be voting for the Democrat party that was responsible for segregation and Jim Crow?

Yes, I got into a discussion with a doofus college kid that insisted it was the Republicans, not the Democrats, who responsible for segregation and Jim Crow. When I brought up George Wallace and the whole blocking the schoolhouse doors, he insisted Wallace was a Republican.

Personally, I care more about 45 people being shot in my own country than 38 people being shot in Paris.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
This can't be true, because Republicans said that no one would be shot now that guns are legal in Chicago, all those wonderful concealed carry people that pop up to shoot all criminals in their tracks.

Because the Dems gun restrictions in Chicago had previously been such a resounding success story, right? The homicide rate is typically, what, 3-4 times the national average? And they're hardly alone among gun restricting cities in having crime rates far above the national average. But yeah, that's the GOP's fault, even though the Dems have controlled most of the urban centers at the local level in this country for half a century.
edit on 13-1-2015 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

My bad queen, I read it wrong.

I thought that was your reasoning, not the general thinking.

Sorry.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Yeah I see your concern, & it's genuine and you're also consistent in wanting answers for this as well, so fair play.

Personally I see it as others have...
I have seen protests in Chicago in the past, but it's been a while & they're not frequent enough to make noise in the Media.

Sometimes, it doesn't actually fit the medias narrative to talk about these things...
Speaking from experience I've been on protests & 1 particular protest was last year during the desimation of Gaza, we were protesting media bias, BBC specifically, outside their Headquarters with between 5000-10,000 people and there wasn't a single mention on their station during the entire Gaza War...

RT picked it up a few days later.

Sometimes a protest is no good, in the sense of media awareness, it then becomes about who you can educate in and around the protest as you go along, people see the commotion, ask about it, and some join in.

Until the media bias disappears, Chicago will have to do this the old fashioned way.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Not being from France or the States...
I can't say one has more importance...

I can say that unlike some in ATS & some people in general...

1 dead vs 18 dead is heartbreaking in both senses.

But that's where I see faux outrage...
Because those who say 18 is more important than 1 are not only wrong, because life is life...
But some of them go missing when 2000 die in Nigeria...
& the 18 still take precedent...
Mainly the talking heads live by this code of dishonour!
edit on 13-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Right here with you on that. Anyone who has taken any sort of history class or comparative politics or sociology or ethics (or has even a vague clue about such things) would say the same, I think.
Thank god I'm not alone haha

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliian
Dying doesn't make news. It's who died.

Dead wrong. What matters is who did the killing. Black people shoot black people in Chicago, the media ignores it. Black people shoot white people in Chicago, the media ignores it. If a black cop shoots a black or white person, the media ignores it. However if a white person or especially a white cop shoots a black person then it's front page news for weeks.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on that.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Divide & Conquer...

All of those things have people up in arms and protesting...

Only one is media worthy because then they can ferment the feeling that "oh black people don't care until a white man kills them"...

That in turn causes a feeling of disdain towards the black community and the screams of "selective outrage" & "blacks can be racist as well"...

And to the latter I say duuuuhhhh thanks for stating the obvious...
The former is bull# though...

The media doesn't actually care about black people, they give off that impression so white America then turn on Black America...
That's the end game plan...

A race war, because they know White America won't go after media, they'll become inherently racist and bigoted...

Unless they have the brain cells to see it for what it is.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
This can't be true, because Republicans said that no one would be shot now that guns are legal in Chicago, all those wonderful concealed carry people that pop up to shoot all criminals in their tracks.

Considering that guns have practically been illegal in Chicago for decades, I think the murder rate disproves the liberal position that gun control works. Gun stores are no where to be found in Chicago. Not to mention hardly any guns used in crime are legal. With that said, if I choose to arm myself as a citizen, I don't need some bedwetting pansy infringing on my 2nd amendment rights telling me I can't protect my family and property.

Most of the violence in Chicago is one thug shooting another thug and highly concentrated on the south (Englewood) and west sides (Austin) of the city.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

I can see that. The results are the same today and it was then. It's all the liberals fault. It's sad they vote democrat and expect different results.

It is a shame. Liberal policies are diametrically opposed to everything most blacks say they want. Liberals use racism to distract from the results of their policies. They get blacks so worked up about racism they can't even see it is liberal polices that have destroyed the community from the out of wedlock birth rate, abortion, poor schools, illegal immigration, etc. Liberals use buffoons like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton to corral the masses and for their loyalty they get to enrich themselves.

Who would have ever though black folks would be voting for the Democrat party that was responsible for segregation and Jim Crow?

Yes, I got into a discussion with a doofus college kid that insisted it was the Republicans, not the Democrats, who responsible for segregation and Jim Crow. When I brought up George Wallace and the whole blocking the schoolhouse doors, he insisted Wallace was a Republican.

Personally, I care more about 45 people being shot in my own country than 38 people being shot in Paris.

Crazy isn't it? KKK was largely a Democrat organization. Then you get the Democrats having an actual Klan member, Robert Byrd in office until 2010! WTF? Yet, Republicans are racist and blacks vote Democrat 95% of the time. What kind of a Twilight Zone is this?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Crazy isn't it? KKK was largely a Democrat organization. Then you get the Democrats having an actual Klan member, Robert Byrd in office until 2010! WTF? Yet, Republicans are racist and blacks vote Democrat 95% of the time. What kind of a Twilight Zone is this?

Yes, it is like the Twilight Zone.

"Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds."

-- Former Klansman and Democrat US Senator Robert Byrd

I think you're right about the murders in Chicago. Ignoring the murders is also a way to ignore the fact that the promised solutions did NOT work.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
This thread is kinda retarded, the truth in my opinion is that all lives matter wether african american or not.

I am bringing attention to two things:

1) the hundreds of black men who are about to be murdered in Chicago this year, and

2) the fact that the MSM, politicians, and "activists" don't seem to care.

What race would I be "baiting" by pointing this out?

A year from now, when 400+ criminals in Chicago shoot nearly 3,000 people, what race do you think will be most impacted by the killings?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

1) the hundreds of black men who are about to be murdered in Chicago this year, and

A year from now, when 400+ criminals in Chicago shoot nearly 3,000 people, what race do you think will be most impacted by the killings?

There are going to be between 12000 and 15000 murders in the US this year. Many are going to be black males. The thing is the majority of the black males killed will be murdered by other black males.

As I said before the media will comment on things that are out of the norm. Black on black murders unfortunately are all too common. If you take a look at the stats the number of homicides in the US is steadily falling. The 2013 numbers were the lowest for many years.

If you want less black deaths, stop black people shooting each other.

Is it sad so many people will die? Yes.
Is it unusual? Unfortunately no.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: PaddyInf

There are going to be between 12000 and 15000 murders in the US this year. Many are going to be black males. The thing is the majority of the black males killed will be murdered by other black males.

As I said before the media will comment on things that are out of the norm. Black on black murders unfortunately are all too common. If you take a look at the stats the number of homicides in the US is steadily falling. The 2013 numbers were the lowest for many years.

If you want less black deaths, stop black people shooting each other.

Is it sad so many people will die? Yes.
Is it unusual? Unfortunately no.

It's a false assumption to claim the media only focuses on what's "out of the norm."

And even if that were true, what's the explanation for why "activists" and politicians are not holding press conferences and calling for international marches to stop the killings?

Do they not care about the 400 people who are about to be murdered in Chicago this year?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join