It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

45 shot, 8 dead in Chicago - 6 blacks murdered

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

The question is 'how were they shot and for what cause?

The shootings in Paris were related to ISIS and extremism. I'm guessing the shootings in Chicago were just random. therefore just another shooting incident and we get plenty of those every year.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Jamie1

45 shot, 8 murdered in Chicago. Those are the crime stats in Chicago since January 1, 2015.

Holy Crap! That is all! Things are looking better, and it seems like a nice fresh new years start for Chicago. There was 38 in December so

it is too cold now for target practice

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

In all honesty, the local communities that have been ravaged by this violence have been speaking out against it FOR YEARS. They even tried to convince local representative to send in the national guard to stem the gang and drug related violence. Unfortunately, it can't be spun, marketed and released to the masses for sake of tv ratings and thus the paycheck.

So you won't see any kind of MSM coverage from Chicago by those that are trying to do something. Just like when Al Sharpton went to Chicago to do something about the violence and summarily got drummed out by angry black people.

Oh and btw, Al Sharpton isn't welcomed in Chicago so invoking his name doesn't mean anything, Al is a race baiter and is there to divide the masses in order to tell them it's "us" versus "them"

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: TsukiLunar

That's right! I totally agree! Since the media didn't "report" them, it means its not important! I know I get tired of the news not being an extended casualties list 24/7!

Rather than answer with sarcasm and personal attacks, do you have a reason to explain why world leaders would flock to Paris over 38 being shot, and zero focus is being brought to 45 shot in Chicago in 10 days?

The difference is glaring. There will be thousands shot in Chicago in the coming months, and hundreds of individuals murdered.

Why is this not deserving of at least national media attention?

We already answered you twice. It's because it was a mass murder/terrorist attack.

So an isolated incident matters more than the ongoing, never ending mass killing in Chicago?

Why?

No, it's more shocking when they kill a large number of people all at once. It might not be true for you, but for most humans that is more shocking and horrifying. And, there are a large number of protests, community meetings and groups that have formed in Chicago because people do care about that violence as well. The big difference is that those protests and community meetings don't get covered on the news.

So, your real question should be, why the mainstream media doesn't cover crime violence in Chicago.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Seriously. The question is so ludicrous, I assumed it was rhetorical. Goes under the category
"If you have to ask, you're too incompetent to know".

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
There's a huge difference between 45 separate shooting incidents in a variety of situations and a mass shooting or possibly wrongful shooting by law enforcement.

You cannot simply lump all the shooting incidents in a city the size of Chicago and then compare it to something like a mass shooting event.

That and, of course, as many have already said what the media chooses to focus on, for whatever their reasons matters too. Of course they will focus on the mass shooting and potentially racially motivated or reactionary things more. That's not just the media's nature...it's also human nature.

And, finally, how exactly would they focus or sensationalized the 45 shootings and 8 deaths, including 6 black, with so many variables that among them that it would be hard for them to find an angle in that equation and not fail the way this thread clearly is failing?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Why dont black people have issue with black on black crime? 91% of all blacks killed are killed by other blacks. Why do blacks go up in arms when a fraction of blacks killed are at the hand of whites or white leo's but they say or do or say nothing about the earlier referenced? If black lives matter so much perhaps black's need to start acting like they do!

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

45 shot, 8 murdered in Chicago. Those are the crime stats in Chicago since January 1, 2015.

Do those lives matter? Are there any protests planned? Are Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton planning to meet with leaders of Chicago? Obama and Holder? Are there federal civil rights investigations begin conducted?

There were 18 killed and 38 shot in Paris. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict by the end of the moth, more will have been murdered in Chicago than in Paris, and there will be no media coverage, no protest organized at universities, no contrived slogans or hashtags, and no political leaders calling this an outrage.

Nothing.

Why? What's the difference between 45 shot in Chicago and 38 shot in Paris?

Why don't the same people who protest over Michael Brown, Eric Garner, and the victims in Paris protest the ongoing murders in Chicago?

heyjackass.com...

That's different because..... why?

What do you honestly think?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar

That's right! I totally agree! Since the media didn't "report" them, it means its not important! I know I get tired of the news not being an extended casualties list 24/7!

Rather than answer with sarcasm and personal attacks, do you have a reason to explain why world leaders would flock to Paris over 38 being shot, and zero focus is being brought to 45 shot in Chicago in 10 days?

The difference is glaring. There will be thousands shot in Chicago in the coming months, and hundreds of individuals murdered.

Why is this not deserving of at least national media attention?

We already answered you twice. It's because it was a mass murder/terrorist attack.

So an isolated incident matters more than the ongoing, never ending mass killing in Chicago?

Why?

No, it's more shocking when they kill a large number of people all at once. It might not be true for you, but for most humans that is more shocking and horrifying. And, there are a large number of protests, community meetings and groups that have formed in Chicago because people do care about that violence as well. The big difference is that those protests and community meetings don't get covered on the news.

So, your real question should be, why the mainstream media doesn't cover crime violence in Chicago.

It's MSM, politicians, and community activists who choose to ignore Chicago murders on a large scale.

Of course people in Chicago care. That's not the issue. It's their city.

Why do people in the U.S. care more about 38 shot in Paris than 45 shot in 10 days in one of their own cities?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliian
Dying doesn't make news. It's who died.

So what was special about Michael Brown dying? Or Eric Garner?

Or the 18 killed in Paris?

What is special about them?

Having a 20s something kill a 20s something in Chicago doesn't really provide anything to protest about. If people really cared they might, but Ferguson was a circus. With Paris I see as a different situation, it was not a live by the streets, die by the streets situation that is typical in Chicago, and even though you might say "your not sure that is the case in Chicago" it is still such a common scenario that I would be right the majority of the time.

I would bet though, if 2 guys did the same thing in Chicago as Paris we would see it on the news.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Seriously. The question is so ludicrous, I assumed it was rhetorical. Goes under the category
"If you have to ask, you're too incompetent to know".

Are you from the U.S.?

Are you more concerned with the news out of Paris or the news out of Chicago?

Which, if either, affects your life more?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Are you more concerned with the news out of Paris or the news out of Chicago?

Which, if either, affects your life more?

For me Paris since I plan on going to Paris many more times and I plan on going to Chicago...never...

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Personally, I'm more concerned with the EVENT in Paris than the EVENTS in Chicago. Those events in Chicago go on and on and on and on and on year after year after year after year.

The EVENT in Paris was on a different scale. It has nothing to do with whether their lives were of more value than the lives lost in Chicago, but it was the event and the reason for the event that has everyone focused.

Sheeeesh!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

And, finally, how exactly would they focus or sensationalized the 45 shootings and 8 deaths, including 6 black, with so many variables that among them that it would be hard for them to find an angle in that equation and not fail the way this thread clearly is failing?

I think it would be easy to find an "angle."

"There will be more people shot in killed in Chicago by the end of the month than killed by terrorists in Paris."

Do you think it's just "understood" that those lives in Chicago are not important and worth talking about?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Are you attempting to say that people don't care and focus locally? Both on crime stats and prevention/ Because that would be a false assumption. Both citizens groups and law enforcement groups and local media do focus and take steps locally. It just doesn't always garner national attention...again unless it is something like a mass shooting or questionable incident involving LE.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I'd be surprised if Jesse Jackson doesn't swing down into Chi-town. He's in Milwaukee right now and has been for a bit. Jackson is often outspoken about black on black violence. Here is a report from last year, where he calls the fourth of July body counts in Chicago "a national disgrace".

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 12-1-2015 by TheArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Personally, I'm more concerned with the EVENT in Paris than the EVENTS in Chicago. Those events in Chicago go on and on and on and on and on year after year after year after year.

The EVENT in Paris was on a different scale. It has nothing to do with whether their lives were of more value than the lives lost in Chicago, but it was the event and the reason for the event that has everyone focused.

Sheeeesh!!!

So one "event" in Paris, an isolated incident by definition, is more worrisome than something that is constant, and goes on every day?

The "event" in Paris was a direct cause and effect event. Cartoonists knowingly "insulted" Islamic extremists who had already threatened to kill them for insulting them before. The cartoonists ignored the threat, and the Islamic extremists killed them.

Why is that one-off event a concern to so many people, and the lives of those about to be killed in Chicago in the next few weeks not a concern?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Its like about Muslims killing Muslims......what story, what else is new.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Homicide stats in Chicago and other larger cities are on a (slow but still) downward trend. That's in the news too if you look for it. But again it's not as sexy or click worthy as some stories.

And like someone said...slow month for Chicago. There's a pretty bad gang problem there, as in many metro areas, and as many are well aware of. It's endemic and not exactly news. But even when the stats go down, no one notices or gives credit where it's due because that's not sexy either.

Clearly you don't see the difference. Or aren't getting the answer you're craving though. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Why don't the same people who protest over Michael Brown, Eric Garner, and the victims in Paris protest the ongoing murders in Chicago?
That's different because..... why?
Because their job is not titled "Professional Protester..."
edit on 12-1-2015 by Emeraldous because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join