It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

45 shot, 8 dead in Chicago - 6 blacks murdered

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Its like about Muslims killing Muslims......what story, what else is new.

Pretty sad but, yeah. That's pretty much it. Kind of a fact of life. People kill people all the time in a lotta different ways and we've become inured to it. And it doesn't always make the national news unless 1.) someone makes the right kind of noise and 2.) the controllers of the media decide to allow them to be heard.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Yes. The one event in Paris is more worrisome. Think about it. People at WORK doing their job were killed by a group of terrorists because they were insulted. Agree with it or not, they simply were using satire to make a point and make people examine the tenants of a dangerous religious viewpoint. For THAT, they were killed.

Now people wonder...who is next and for what minor insult might they be blown to bits.

Chicago is ongoing. A corrupt slush fund of neighborhood initiative programs suck up taxpayer money to help a segment of society that continues to sink into a quagmire of violence and destruction. Maybe people are tired of it and deep down just don't care what they do to each other anymore. I don't know.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Yes. The one event in Paris is more worrisome. Think about it. People at WORK doing their job were killed by a group of terrorists because they were insulted. Agree with it or not, they simply were using satire to make a point and make people examine the tenants of a dangerous religious viewpoint. For THAT, they were killed.

Now people wonder...who is next and for what minor insult might they be blown to bits.

Chicago is ongoing. A corrupt slush fund of neighborhood initiative programs suck up taxpayer money to help a segment of society that continues to sink into a quagmire of violence and destruction. Maybe people are tired of it and deep down just don't care what they do to each other anymore. I don't know.

My perspective, after reading all the replies so far, is that it may be very difficult for 3rd parties to use the deaths in Chicago to promote their own agendas.

It seems clear that those claiming to care about the lives of the victims only care about victims whose deaths can be used to promote their own personal or political self-interests.

Boo the bads guys.

Yeah the good guys.

Nobody makes money or furthers their agendas booing the murderers in Chicago.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

So you like trolling black people huh?
I don't see anyone talking about how the man "tracked down" and killed 3 people in Idaho over the weekend.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: WatchingY0u

So you like trolling black people huh?
I don't see anyone talking about how the man "tracked down" and killed 3 people in Idaho over the weekend.

Can you please clarify what you mean by "trolling black people?"

Are you black, or do you just believe you speak for "black people?"

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

Gotta keep up those racial tensions, eh?

A job is a job.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

Gotta keep up those racial tensions, eh?

A job is a job.

Can you clarify what you mean? Are you referring to the subject of this OP, or are making a statement about me personally?

Do you have anything to add to the subject of why 45 shot in Chicago in 10 days gets no attention?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Race of Victim

Race - Black

Victim - 6

Attacker - 1

As of 1/7/15

Why does your source say only 6 of the 8 victims were black, & only 1 black attacker?

Is this really about black on black violence?

Have I read that stat wrong, despite that being what it says?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Race of Victim

Race - Black

Victim - 6

Attacker - 1

As of 1/7/15

Why does your source say only 6 of the 8 victims were black, & only 1 black attacker?

Is this really about black on black violence?

Have I read that stat wrong, despite that being what it says?

No, it's because there are no race stats on the attackers when the case still open.

There is no presumption of the race of the attacker.

This is about the victims, not black on black crime or whatever.

It seems that the variable that determines media and social attention is whether or not those creating the attention can leverage deaths for their own personal benefit.

Boo Muslims.

Boo White Cops.

Who do you boo in Chicago to make money or further a personal or political agenda?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
#livesonlymatterwhencherrypickedbythemedia

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Ho-humm....just another low-life killing another low-life is probably the prevailing attitude. That's why.

I don't get it...

Low lifes because they're black?...
Or low lifes because they're from Chicago?...

You do know the source didn't say that any of those victims was involved in crime, right...

So why are they low lifes?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Thought so my friend, it wasn't an accusation, just wanted clarifying because I didn't see black on black in your OP but quite a few people have alluded to it being such!

Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

Why? What's the difference between 45 shot in Chicago and 38 shot in Paris?

Why don't the same people who protest over Michael Brown, Eric Garner, and the victims in Paris protest the ongoing murders in Chicago?

Because terrorism is an act of communication - & we heard the message loud and clear.

The people who took those 38 lives in France got what they wanted ...... attention and to spread fear.

We have also unfortunately incentivized the process - they have an audience (I am contributing in a small way to that process right now )

Unlike the French incident the Chicago shootings were not an act of communication.

The frequency of the shootings I would imagine has also had a normative effect - whereas the French incident was novel, fear-inducing and unpredictable - features which immediate draw human attention.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

Because it wasn't manufactured.

Whenever paranoid governments confiscate guns from law abiding citizens, the only people left with guns, are the ones who are more than willing to murder, and the only ones who never give up their guns, or are the last to do so after they have shot up a few gun free zones and murder in cities ONLY where they know that the citizenry have already been disarmed by government.

I would say that this is definitely manufactured by government either wittingly or unwittingly, and I will go even further and say it has to be done wittingly unless these government fools actually believe they can take all the guns from all the good nice people, and not take the ones that murderers have and also make retarded gun free zones that actually assist and advocate gun violence by direct action incompetently, delusionally, and criminally negligent in doing so. No one on the planet is this stupid in government and they know what they are doing when they get you on board with their lies.

They are spitting upon all the families and their children when they continue any law like a gun free zone, or a gun ban that is city wide, and the only places where the criminals with illegally possessed guns can kill others in the most cowardly and sickest way any of us regular people can even imagine to actually be happening, is practically being all done in those gun ban cities and places. And it is obvious that cowardly murderers with guns would logically want to do their work with a good chance of survival as opposed to being in a city where good caring folks have guns themselves and will shoot bad guys with guns to save their own life.

Anti gun crowds want people to cozy up to the idea that you don't have a right to defend yourself, nor do they respect the ones who have passed because of their evil contribution to halt freedom and liberty, or the right to self defense
People that put up with this from government have already drank a catastrophic overdose of koolaid for buying into that logical fallacy, and it appears to be irreversible... Sadly.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

The line of thinking you presented in your post is sooooo played out and the argument is invalid. Cops represent a tax-based force meant to protect us. The terrorists in Paris represent religious extremism. You can protest our law enforcement industry and you can protest religious extremism.

You can not protest criminals. They are already protested against. Crime gets you put in prison. People aren't protesting the police because of their actions; they are protesting the police because they aren't held accountable for their actions.

I would say it's apples and oranges but it's not even that. You are comparing fish and birds.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

im guessing perhaps deaths by guns in Chicago is a more common occurrence than in Paris for one..

the other, perhaps, since the Paris was an attack on one of their own (Journalists) it automatically gets more publicity..

also Paris was a mass shooting, Chicago seems to be all unrelated incidents..

just my 2 cents.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Ho-humm....just another low-life killing another low-life is probably the prevailing attitude. That's why.

I don't get it...

Low lifes because they're black?...
Or low lifes because they're from Chicago?...

You do know the source didn't say that any of those victims was involved in crime, right...

So why are they low lifes?

You don't get it, uh?
I didn't say they were low lifes, much less say it's because they may be black and/or from Chicago. I said that is probably the prevailing attitude. I read and research a lot of statistics, historical data, current stats, and commentaries. When you are looking for truth, you have to take off the PC glasses and look matters square in the eye.

People are so quick to look for things to be offended by, they tend to not read something thoroughly before jumping to conclusions.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
back at ye kid....."It can't all be just about money, can it? "
Nope some of it is about stars and flags too....tata..............

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Some lives don't matter when they put themselves in those positions. I always thought that all lives mattered, but I woke up. If you're an evil vile person, bye. We won't miss you. Only your ignorant friends and the media will.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Hey you might be right, but hey, just like a reporter that tries to get the scoop by any means, some use the internet, searching on google, to grasp not for straws, but for stars only by using the headlines on CNN or worse Fox, I'm just saying it gets old after awhile when the site looks just like what I used to turn the tv off for and escape to sites like ATS for the off grid stuff, you know " secret societies, UFO's and chemtrails oh my " oh well, to each his own, it's all news that effects everyone and the sight seems to have long outgrown those very subject, not too much though, thank God!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join