It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Magazine which portrayed Prophet 10 Dead in Office.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Terrible thing... why do these guys not start their own satire agency instead of killing unarmed civilians. Most people working at Charlie probably just felt fortunate to have a job.

Hopefully this will not result in definitive checkpoints with army/police at airports and other public places.

Just learned that the chief editor was killed too..

edit on 7/1/2015 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
They have a rocket launcher also....
Come on gendarmerie get these bastards.

link   
French cartoonists Cabu, Charb and Wolinski died in the attack. They worked for the satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo and participated in the 2006 reprint of the twelve cartoons of the Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons controversy with some of their own added.

edit on 7-1-2015 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

link   
Think as protest to these attacks the whole civilized world should have a draw a silly picture of Mohammed day.

Show we wont bend down and give in to these scum.
edit on 7-1-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

You know what I really hope newspapers all over the world do so.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
They have a rocket launcher also....
Come on gendarmerie get these bastards.

Hopefully they will shoot them dead.

Knowing the EU they will force France to give them a light sentence.

Light being anything that is not life without any possibility of parole.
edit on 7-1-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
12 people are now confirmed to have died as a result of the terrorist attack.

www.bbc.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Light being anything that is not life without any possibility of parole.

What they really need is Marcellus Wallace to:

...Go to work on the holmes here with a blowtorch and a pair of pliers.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TryAndStopTheFuture555

I think you also left out our alliance with Israel. Neither of these two allies are of any great benefit to us when it comes to our relations with the rest of the world . I am ashamed of cameron and his part in arming the opposition in Libya and I can't go far enough to criticise blair and Iraq. However the pictures of the Syrian refugees and their little ones is a terrible thing and will affect many hearts and minds.

We do need to get better advice for our parliament with foreign policy other than vested interested and greedy parties toadying up to our politicians as I am thinking we may find ourselves isolated, especially if we leave Europe where although we have allies some countries are not so pro the USA.

What really gets me is the gulf between what the public think and want and what our government does.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

What Bush said really is unbelievable and I expect heavily scripted. I was against the Iraqi war because I could see the destruction of going in gung ho and also the use of weapons tipped with uranium which causes cancer and polutes the ground. Having read a note from a doctor out there that he was seeing more cancer patients than people with flu/colds, it really hit home the sheer wickedness of those weapons.

I actually think that no decent human would be conducting these wars, never mind the god bothers, whichever path they decide to take up the mountain of faith.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Agit8dChop

The french will not take this lying down as a very secular nation.

This will end up in another shoot out later today. Time check 13.06 gmt.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Sky news have just shown a clip showing the two gunmen getting out a car and executing a policeman on the street.

Absolutely barbaric. I'm an ex soldier and that clip shocked me, I don't know why , but it has.

I have a nasty feeling that this incident has just broke the camels back so to speak .

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

The media is giving the impression it is Muslim exstreemists so its not unreasonable to assume they are right given the previous attacks against this publication.

You make the important point that we need to be aware that the training given by ISIS to people who are allowed to filter back into Western countries or are taught by weapons experts are extremely dangerous and can handle a powerful weapon and not end up spraying bullets round their own heads.

A couple of years ago I read about a group of men found in the New Forest learning how to fire weapons. So these little havens of training are probably happening in all countries. Do we feel safe?

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Whoever is responsible, are cowards. You do not attack and slaughter unarmed people.
For any reason.
If the only way you can spread and defend your idea/belief is to kill innocents, your ideas/beliefs are wrong. Period.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Its that steady, quiet approach, often given by some insignificant little women with glasses under the bacl veil that helps push along their demands.

But if you want a muslim state, go live in one and not go to live in a country that does not adhere to your islamic values or accept them as a virtue.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
www.geenstijl.nl...

2 videos of the shooting.

BE WARNED ABOUT THE FIRST VIDEO, IT MIGHT BE DISTURBING TO SOME OF PEOPLE.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Think as protest to these attacks the whole civilized world should have a draw a silly picture of Mohammed day..

I just put up a cover from Charlie Hebdo on my facebook page - in solidarity with the victims of this attack.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
that's what happens when you allow people that follow a 2000 year old rule book to live in modern society.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Think as protest to these attacks the whole civilized world should have a draw a silly picture of Mohammed day..

I just put up a cover from Charlie Hebdo on my facebook page - in solidarity with the victims of this attack.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Brilliant idea.

They died for free speech we should not let that go in vain.

Dont give the terrorists what they want!

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

Interesting thought until you go back to his 8 year old bride.

Surely the point is that in secular countries you can laugh at the ridiculous side of religion and shouldn't have to look over your shoulder.

Isn't one reason given by muslim immigrants leaving muslim countries in order to get into a western one, that they want more freedom. Well you can't then try to take away freedoms your don't like or think are disrespectful - you simply don't look because you don't have to.

We hve to be very careful because many of our freedoms before 9/11 are already being and have been hijacked by our own governments, do we want unelected people with views we may not share whatsoever, dictating to us and forcing the removal of other freedoms the government has left open? Its a biggy actually.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join