It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Magazine which portrayed Prophet 10 Dead in Office.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

originally posted by: SprocketUK
a reply to: EA006
I take your point, but what else were they to do? Give in to threats and no longer publish anything that they don't like?
Free speech is either protected properly or society just pays lip service to it.

I'll repeat. Free speech doesn't come from fortified buildings. It's either free as you say or it's deliberately baiting someone.
In this case it's the latter.

Free speech is a fundamental principle in society, and it can come from any entity. Yes, it would be wise for publishers to hold a firm stance in editorial management, but people have to understand when satire is just that. 11 people do not deserve to die because a couple of people couldn't control their emotional responses.

link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

It's not certain but It looks like it......

link   
there is graphic footage out showing the militants killing people point blank
I wont post the link here, U2U if you can stomach it
edit on am634318072015-01-07T06:34:46-06:00062015p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: SprocketUK

...goes for the same for any religion.

Suggesting "extreme factions" of other religions compare to that of extremist fundamentalist Islam is the equivalent of saying that a Black Cat firecracker is the same as a MOAB.

It's naive to say such things, and one more example of how "PC" thinking is dangerous and irresponsible.

KZ.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

It's not a one off, it's consistent baiting.
Agreed, people shouldn't lose their lives over this. But they have, and it's not the first time.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
Free speech is not a licence to say what every you want to say .This is a lesson children should learn and take into adulthood.

You cant go and gun people down like this because of reasons given. Thats the lesson that should be taken into adulthood. Free speech has only one lesson to learn here.
edit on 7-1-2015 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

A video being shown on Sky news shows two of the gunmen,and it appears as though at least one of them shouts "allah akbar"while shooting...

Who do you reckon goes round shouting that?
Jews?
Christians?

Or anyone who wants you to believe that someone else was responsible?

This place is bizarre, you all claim the most outlandish conspiracies and theories about everything else, but when it comes to things you find a little too inconvenient there can't possibly be a false flag! It has to be the people you WANT to be guilty!

But hey, lets not wait for actual evidence, lets just start rounding up all the Muslims and burning their religious texts in the street! Oh wait, that's been done before, but by whom I wonder?!

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Right.....cheers for that.

THE COWARDLY BASTARDS SHOOTING PEOPLE ON THE STREET POINT BLANK...
I Don't believe in hell but I hope one pops in existence for these scumbags.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

There are reasons to assume that this attack was carried out by Islamic extremists...

In addition to witness reports of political/religious statements made by the attackers, the magazine in which was attacked is notorious for its publications on Islam and the religion's prophet.

As for this attack resembling military tactics and not being comparable to other extreme actions, it is quite possible that these criminals were trained by any number of terrorist organisations either within, or outside the country. Many states have expressed concern over returning terrorists, and these people may be what has been talked about for so long. We simply don't know.

All things considered though, i will reserve judgement until there is much more information.
edit on 7-1-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I am shocked mostly by those on here who believe that we shouldn't have 'taunted' the little mites...

No way will I let people turn it round to make it sound as if the cartoon has caused this. Lets be clear here, someone drew a picture that some didn't like and as a result 11 or more people are DEAD!
It wasn't a drawing that killed them, it was an extremely disproportionate revenge that smacks of lunacy.
Even if I drew a 1000 cartoons, I do not expect ANYONE to lose their LIFE over it.
The worst is to say: "Well, don't wind them up then..."
Why on earth not?
Because if we do they kill us?
Seems that some here love the bullies to win.
I also love the Mafia, because if I do what they tell me I will be safe.
I also think that people should always do what tyrants say, you know...so they don't get hurt.

I am so angry about people who believe that. Can't you see you are doing exactly what they want because you are scared of incredibly mad and unjustifiable consequences, set by nutters?

Rubbish, it is they who are wrong and need to get with the 21st century. YOu do NOT kill humans because of a drawing, no discussions!

edit on 7-1-2015 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Yep, its pretty cold blooded. That man was pleading with his hands up wounded and they just executed him.

It might be time to take off the kiddy gloves in some cities around the world.
edit on am640318072015-01-07T06:40:03-06:00062015p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

link   

I never mentioned rounding up muslims or burning their sacred texts...
Also,this magazine has been targeted once before by the fanatics,and threatened many times.

I would say its obvious who did this,but you go ahead and believe your false flag scenerio if it helps you.

edit on 7/1/2015 by Silcone Synapse because: sp

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   

The french will not take this lying down as a very secular nation.

link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
Free speech is not a licence to say what every you want to say .This is a lesson children should learn and take into adulthood .Although the law addresses some aspects like sex abuse , and libel ,the fact that you can hurt someone or a group with what comes out of your mouth ,means that it's wrong to do so .It's like the bullies at the school yard picking on someone that finally wont take it anymore and fights back .Do you stand up for the bullies right to free speech ? ......I don't condone what they did ,but at the same time ,if you walked into a motorcycle bar and started calling them bikers a bunch of wimps ,you might expect to be challenged . Not a real smart thing to do and I might add that a magazine operation should consider the value of their content .

They didn't go up to anyone and say it, they printed a magazine that people can buy or leave on the shelf.
It's about nut jobs not leaving other people free to live their lives.

Edited to say Do you remember the southpark bikers are fags episode?
Everyone I know who rides thought it was hilarious as we all know that the only man who was ever as cool as he thought he was, was Steve McQueen :-)
edit on 42pWed, 07 Jan 2015 06:45:42 -060020152015-01-07T06:45:42-06:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

originally posted by: EA006

originally posted by: SprocketUK
a reply to: EA006
I take your point, but what else were they to do? Give in to threats and no longer publish anything that they don't like?
Free speech is either protected properly or society just pays lip service to it.

I'll repeat. Free speech doesn't come from fortified buildings. It's either free as you say or it's deliberately baiting someone.
In this case it's the latter.

Free speech is a fundamental principle in society, and it can come from any entity. Yes, it would be wise for publishers to hold a firm stance in editorial management, but people have to understand when satire is just that. 11 people do not deserve to die because a couple of people couldn't control their emotional responses.

This wasn't an emotional response. This was a well planed Islamic command style political assignation and intimidation of western culture. Cant have a rag like this in operation when you are trying to transform a culture. Just ask the Nazis.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

In addition to witness reports of political/religious statements made by the attackers, the magazine in which was attacked is notorious for its publications on radical Islam and the religion's prophet.

Hasn't it also created plenty of controversy about the far right in France? From what I know, they're not only satirizing Islamic extremism, they mock their politicians, celebrities, nationalists... anyone in the news deserving of a kick up the butt.

They don't only satirize one subject.

In addition, the statements about religious rantings has only just come to light. This thread started accusing all Muslims within moments of the story breaking.

All things considered though, i will reserve judgement until there is much more information.

That's all I'm saying.
There is not enough information to know for sure who carried out this attack. It could have been Islamic extremists, but it could just as easily have been far right nationalists, many of whom have an active and stated GOAL to CAUSE a religious and racial war in Europe.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

It looks like a well planned attack, but we can't rule out any emotional responses this early as we do not know the motives. The attack could have been triggered by emotions. It could have had political goals...we don't know. In saying that, perhaps my statement regarding 'emotional responses' was poorly worded.
edit on 7-1-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

I would say its obvious who did this,but you go ahead and believe your false flag scenerio if it helps you.

I'm not saying I do believe in a false flag scenario, I'm just pointing out that while you're all instantly claiming Islamic extremists are responsible, there is no actual evidence to say that this is so, and every reason to wait.

You claim that it's no secret Islamists threatened to attack, and I say it's no secret that factions in the nationalist movement in Europe have repeatedly shown they want to start a religious/racial war.
It's also no secret that in Germany there is a far right movement growing, that in France there have been other attacks in the past by far right nationalists.

You're instantly creating a guilty party, when it's just as likely this could have been the far right attempting to start a wider conflict against many perfectly innocent Muslims.

I prefer to wait until I have more information before ranting about who is responsible and what should be done with them.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
It's 10-1 time France

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

The french will not take this lying down as a very secular nation.

Just read this and exactly what I was thinking.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join