It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltimore Fox Affiliate Edits Protest Footage To Sound Like 'Kill A Cop'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

So, when NBC edited the Zimmerman 911 call... Your thoughts?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yes, when a NBC affiliate edited the Zimmerman 911 call they were fired...

was anybody fired when MSNBC edited Biden's speech, that I posted earlier? I don't remember anybody getting fired but I could very well be wrong.

FoxNews spins and edits. But Fox doesn't have a lock on it. That's my only point here. It's cool to hate FoxNews (I don't watch them so don't bother trying to say I'm defending them) and ignore what everybody else is doing, even when it's the same thing.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

edit on 23-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This happens alot with local broadcasts reporters try to make national news. And a story about a dog rescue isn't going to cut it. What's happen is journalists no longer have integrity and there only concern is find that big story to make there career.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Metallicus

The next line "are in cell blocks" makes it pretty clear what they are saying.

Okay, what WAS it they were saying?

ETA: Okay, I see you did write it out for me. Thank you.

"We won't stop, we can't stop, til killa cops, are in cell blocks".

I think the confusion stems from the 'til killa' which is practically nonsensical.
edit on 2014/12/23 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

"until killer.."

" 'til killa "

it's not really, 'til is commonplace/commonly known/commonly seen.
Killa is pretty obvious too.

I'd think an agenda is needed to miss it.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: NonsensicalUserName

I understand what it means when it is spelled out, however, it is hard for me to hear and understand since it is a dialect to which I am not normally exposed. I have the same problem with a Scottish dialect. I know it is English, but not something I hear on a daily basis.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
You don't need to go to a bogus Fox edited tape for ant-cop rhetoric. Just go straight to the NYPD 911 call center. These animals should be fired immediately.

"911 operators made ‘anti-police’ remarks, causing quarrel with FDNY dispatchers as 2 NYPD cops were dying from gunshots: sources"
www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: truckdriver42

I agree. I don't understand why so many people immediately need to berate me for simply saying what I hear.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

It sounds exactly like they said to me. Even watching the other whole video, still sounded the same. Whether the other vid showed them chanting it a couple more times or not. I am just hearing what I hear. Nothing more. Loud, angry, urban women can be quite hard to understand sometimes.
I thought that maybe they were trying to relate their city streets or "blocks" to cell blocks. It is not really something I studied for a good hour, I just heard what I heard.
There is no need to get rude.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

So, just because I hear something different than you, I am automatically a right winger, and defending FOX?
I have no party affiliation. I don't believe in parties, I believe in policy, personally. Now you are being ridiculous. I would be embarrassed to be a liberal if I were one. At least, I am assuming that you are, because you don't like FOX....see what I did there?

(post by FoJAk removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Thanks Kali. That does make more sense. I wish others could respond in a more productive way such as you have during discussions. Rather than get personal.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: FoJAk
a reply to: truckdriver42

I agree. I don't understand why so many people immediately need to berate me for simply saying what I hear.

It was already written in the the first post what was actually being said together with the videos showing you that they cut the video off on purpose and in several post's in the thread it was repeated word for word what had actually been said at that protest. Given the whole context of the words used in that sentenced which had been presented word for word on several occasions it becomes quit a stretch to claim that you still don't understand and still manage to post the following:

"I don't get what the FOX affiliate did wrong here?"

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

What don't you get? I think it's rather easy for whoever at fox to have made the mistake and heard what they heard. I don't personally like fox at all, but I heard the same damn thing. That is and was my initial point, period.

The lady says she said something different? Well that's good and fine. I don't hear it, but if she wants to have an open dialogue about it, alright. That's what is going to happen. Awesome. I'm not just going to take her word on it outright though. I apparently couldn't understand it in the first place.
Lets see what unfolds in the interview.
Who knows, maybe they will come to an agreement that, yeah, maybe it was hard to understand with all of the yelling and distortion, and no hard feelings. Kind of like normal people do when they have a discussion.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: FoJAk

What don't you get? I think it's rather easy for whoever at fox to have made the mistake and heard what they heard.

Then why did they make sure the other half of the sentence was not shown. What did you not get about that.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

The main point was the sentence in question, which sounded like she said "so kill a cop". Why would I need to hear more than that one sentence? Hearing the rest of it made no difference to me on the other video. I still heard the same thing. The "cell blocks" sentence personally gave no more meaningful context to me.
Could someone have edited it that way intentionally for nefarious reasons? Possibly. Is that definitely the case? No one but the person who made up the cut would know.
I can see how it could easily be a mistake. I don't think they definitely did anything wrong. I was appalled when I watched the videos. I thought it was disgusting to be saying, what I had heard.
edit on 12/23/2014 by FoJAk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Puts a whole new perspective on the old phrase "keep up with the Jones'".

Is somebody getting fired over this convenient mis-understanding?

I don't know, was anyone fired over MSNBC editing of George Zimmermans 911 call that made it sound like he was profiling Trayvon Martin based on his race?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I agree with you. NBC has been caught manipulating videos and audio many times. However, the MSNBC fanbois here pulled the "that was just an affiliate" card. The threads are out their for their limited memories to review.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I guess you missed my previous post. Here you go:

originally posted by: intrepid

Interesting take on this. We ALL know there's manipulation in the news but look at the intentions. That one in your link was about the channel trying to say Biden was endorsing gun control. This one can only be interpreted as attempting to stoke already poor race relations. For whatever reason that is REALLY wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join