It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltimore Fox Affiliate Edits Protest Footage To Sound Like 'Kill A Cop'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: FoJAk

The person that made up the cut works for the Fox affiliate that edited and aired it in that manner with the corresponding story narrated around it of which you claimed you saw no fault in in the first place.

"Why would I need to hear more than that one sentence?" You didn't hear the sentence,half of the sentence was kept from you and anyone watching their piece showing everyone that they deliberately where hiding something which was the whole point that i and others where making. That alone did not ring a bell?

" Hearing the rest of it made no difference to me on the other video. I still heard the same thing. The "cell blocks" sentence personally gave no more meaningful context to me."

Then i am afraid there is no helping you and will leave it at that.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: truckdriver42

originally posted by: amazing
And why do people watch fox news again? LOL

Wow! It always just gets worse. Fox news is for dumb people.

Before anyone throws out the "..they are all the same." or "...just like MSNBC on the left." comments... NO Fox is way worse...it's not even close.

I would like to know how you justify that comment in the context of Al Sharlatan on PMSNBC.. With the help of go old Al, they fan the flames of hate more than any "news" network out there but CNN does come close.

No not even close. He's one guy. Now let's take Hannity, Coulter, LImbaugh, O'Reilly, Savage, etc etc...It's a litany of misery, blaming, complaining, whining, blind eye to their own party. Horrible. For the record, I don't watch MSNBC either, but fox news is way worse and I tie fox news with talk radio as they are basically intertwined. Same talking points.

Only stupid people watch fox news or listen to talk radio. I stand by that statement 100%

(post by FoJAk removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I did not actually. I made clear that i give up in helping you understand. That was all.
And this is not my first time on ATS but thank you nonetheless.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Am I the first post here to point out:

THEY DIDN'T EDIT ANYTHING

They clipped the the video, but they did NOT edit the audio in ANY WAY.

Whoever wrote the chant is a freakin moron, and even and worse, they got someone who can't pronounce the words properly! It absolutely sounds like she says "so kill a cop" The audio in both videos are identical. Apparently she was attempting to say: " 'til killer cops..... are in a cell block".

Lemme give this a 5second try:

"We won't stop,
We Can't stop,
Until all bad cops,
Sit in a cell block "

See, much better!

I heard exactly what the WBFF people heard. They went with the story, and it definitely sounded like 'kill a cop'. I honestly had no idea what the words were supposed to be until reading the youtube comments. Even listening to it while knowing what it's supposed to be, it still sounds like they chant "kill a cop".

edit on 23-12-2014 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Im old and white, so I have to say I am not fluent in Ebonics.

So when I listened to the extended video I also heard, 'we cant stop, we wont stop, so kill a cop, on cell blocks'. I am sorry if this offends any one but that is what I heard, all 10 times I listened. It is what it is.

Then I read the many seemingly correct translations and I can see I misunderstood, and I appreciate those of you who took the time to translate correctly.

I even found a translator HERE, and this is what I got.

From 'We won't stop, we can't stop, until killer cops, are in cell blocks', which it appears IS the correct translation,

I got this, 'yoyOOOO we'S won't $Top, WE'sss CAyn'T $toP, UntiLL KIlluhh fiVE-oh,,,, Izz Ynn CeLL BlOCKsssss'.

Words mean a lot and I can see even translators get it wrong, so it is inevitable for this confusion to arise.

That being said, the way they cut the first video is clearly an attempt to promote an agenda. And is deplorable.

Is anyone really shocked that this occurred?? It happens A LOT on ALL the MSM.

And ALL MSM channels are deplorable with their agenda driven tactics.

The feigned outrage at one network over the others amazes me, THEY ALL HAVE THE SAME GOAL in the end.

And it seems to be working perfectly.

Peace
Steve

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

It's called an accent, not ebonics.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

edit: to prepare (something written) to be published or used : to make changes, correct mistakes, etc., in (something written)

Edit doesn't always mean altered content. When producers select footage to be used in a broadcast they edit it show the relevant part to which the anchor/reporter comments on.

This particular video was edited to cut off 'are in cell blocks' so that the commentary could be, protesters chant for cops to be killed.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74
This is nothing new, remember the edited version
of the little girl firing an UZI?

Rebel 5

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

The link I provided in my post was to Encyclopedia Britannica, so I didn't just make it up.

Ebonics, also called African American Vernacular English (AAVE), formerly Black English Vernacular (BEV), dialect of American English spoken by a large proportion of African Americans. Many scholars hold that Ebonics, like several English creoles, developed from contacts between nonstandard varieties of colonial English and African languages.

So I beg to differ.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Yes but the words chanted were not ebonics. Just plain old english with an accent.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

edit: to prepare (something written) to be published or used : to make changes, correct mistakes, etc., in (something written)

Edit doesn't always mean altered content. When producers select footage to be used in a broadcast they edit it show the relevant part to which the anchor/reporter comments on.

This particular video was edited to cut off 'are in cell blocks' so that the commentary could be, protesters chant for cops to be killed.

Perhaps you should EDIT your thread title then, because you clearly made it out like they had modified the SOUND:

Baltimore Fox Affiliate Edits Protest Footage To Sound Like 'Kill A Cop'

They didn't edit it to SOUND like anything. It sounded like what it sounded like.

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
you can call me deaf or what ever you want, i have listened to both over and over again. they both sound the same to me.
i think what everybody is hearing, and i know that i'm gonna get flamed for this, is that the way she is pronouncing killer.
instead of er at the end it sounds like a, such as killer, killa.

now they did cut the chant after killa cop, so it does sound like that if you just heard the fox video.

that is not so much the net work as it is the local station.

Exactly, the OP led us all to believe the SOUND was edited when in fact it WASNT.

originally posted by: FoJAk
Uummmm, I hear the same exact thing in both videos. Both are saying, "so kill a cop". The only difference that I hear is the second video has extra lines afterwards about a "cell block". I don't get what the FOX affiliate did wrong here?

Exactly, the OP led us all to believe the SOUND was edited when in fact it WASNT.

originally posted by: everyone

You have to be on the low end of the IQ ratings to make that out of the context and especially the context of the fact that fox cut the video of at the part that made it too clear.

Someone must be of low IQ simply because they can't understand someone else's ghetto ass, not-properly-pronounced, slurred words?

I heard it exactly as he did, and statistically I have an IQ higher than 998/1000, so you can put that back in your pants there buddy.

edit on 23-12-2014 by 8675309jenny because: Posts merged

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Horribly deceitful.

First, they have the reporter say what they want people to hear. This colors listeners' perceptions - it's why paranormal investigators frequently ask what a person hears in, for example, EVPs.

Second, they cut the clip short, so you can't get the full sentence - disgraceful.

Regarding misinterpreting 'til as so, it's not so much an accent as it is audio distortion. The woman is speaking into a microphone next to a megaphone - clearly not one with a fantastic microphone. Certain sounds get distorted.

The combination of all of this works in favor for the malicious affiliate.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Metallicus

The next line "are in cell blocks" makes it pretty clear what they are saying.

No it doesn't because she doesn't pronounce any of it clearly.

Just as easily could have been "so kill a cop, around the block"

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

But it wasn't. Already shown.

ETA: And Fox didn't do their due diligence. All on them.
edit on 23-12-2014 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

But it wasn't. Already shown.

ETA: And Fox didn't do their due diligence. All on them.

Look, you can't argue about what other's hear. I can only understand the first two verses, the rest of the chant is slurred and sounds drunken.

Lots of others in this thread have stated they heard the same.

It's completely subjective. I'm not a FOX fan at all BTW, but that's irrelevant since it was only an affiliate.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I used the title of the article like you're supposed to do when your thread is an article share. The FOX affiliate most certainly did edit the video to make it sound like something it wasn't. Is it less deceptive because they made a convenient cut rather than alter the sound? Not in my opinion. You're mad at me for sharing the info rather than the deliberate deception, why is that?

Ghetto ass?

Oh dear.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

You don't think editing the Zimmerman 911 call was race baiting?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join