It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltimore Fox Affiliate Edits Protest Footage To Sound Like 'Kill A Cop'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

originally posted by: eisegesis

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Thats a local fox affiliate not Fox News network. Big difference.

Out of curiosity, what would that difference be? My understanding is the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

Report first, fact check second. Got it.

So a democrat senator rapes a girl, that makes all democrats rapists right?
Would you all be so pissed off if this was a cbs affiliate? If so, would you blame cbs or the "local" idiots that change the video?

Rape is by far the worst analogy you could have given. The act usually involves less than a few people and the rather isolated nature by which it occurs would lessen the importance of any affiliation, representation or title. Nobody rapes another and then shouts, "That was for Fox news!", or "I just raped you, brought to you by Valvoline motor oil!". The point is to stay anonymous.

Reporting the news on television requires drawing in viewers, or indirectly but knowingly swaying public opinion. There is a great responsibility to uphold or should be. Television "programming" news, main network or affiliates, has degraded into a cesspool of recycled marketing tactics of the worst nature. I have not had cable or watched the television driven news outlets for decades, but I have explored them online. The use of twenty "power words" and emotionally driven facial expressions can immediately flip switches in the weak minded and unstable. It puts boots on the ground.

If you see a few instances of this happening on a local scale, expect it to be happening on a much greater scale. Affiliates are licensed and abide by the given terms and conditions. A regurgitation of what their parents throw up in their mouths, to put it lightly.

Their $hit business model trickles downhill and their target audience is lower than the ground it settles on.

edit on 22-12-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Thanks guys. I'm a bit a of a stickler for facts.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Has anyone found a source that confirms an "edit" ?

I think Fox got sucked in bigtime by a youtube translation.

Maybe no edits even happened.

The "original" video does have some garbled audio.

Hmmm.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Really?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Really?

Well yes really.

Can anybody identify this "Mike Baker"?

That seems to be the only source that started the problem.

I still can't find an original C-Span version.

Fox got played I think

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

You want a source to come out and say that they edited the video? So like...the producer to come out and say "Yep we did that on purpose!" Really? Has anybody in the media ever done that? Like...ever?

There's the original video. There's the edited video. Fox heard what they wanted to hear is the BEST explanation for the "mistake" here.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

You can hear the anchorwoman in the 1st vid saying that the protesters were chanting "kill a cop" and they've issued a statement that they were wrong... what more do you want?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

You want a source to come out and say that they edited the video? So like...the producer to come out and say "Yep we did that on purpose!" Really? Has anybody in the media ever done that? Like...ever?

There's the original video. There's the edited video. Fox heard what they wanted to hear is the BEST explanation for the "mistake" here.

I agree somebody at the Fox station got over-zealous.

But I would still like to find an original C-Span version for comparison.

Maybe they heard "kill a" when in fact the lady said "killa" (as in "killer")?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

You can hear the anchorwoman in the 1st vid saying that the protesters were chanting "kill a cop" and they've issued a statement that they were wrong... what more do you want?

Proof of an "edit" as claimed in several articles.

I don't think there was an "edit".

We all agree Fox was sucked in.

I think the articles/stories are sucked in from a different angle.

The whole mess is confused

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Who is "we"? I'm not seeing that.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

The very next line is "are in cell blocks"... so no. It's pretty obvious what they were trying to do because the next thing the anchor woman says is about the two murdered cops in NYC.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
That's Fox for you.
They made a survey and found out that people who watch no news are more informed than people who watch Fox news all the time.

Amen!

Fox news makes you stupid. It's like in real life, you tend to be an average of your 5 closest friends or people you hang out with the most. Hang out with better, wealthier, more succesful, happier people and become a better person or hang out with negative, whiny, victim mentality people and end up a loser. Same goes for what you digest in media, whether its on TV, audio or print.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Well then substitute "we" with "me" if you wish.

I bet Fox's final admission will say they "misinterpreted" the audio.

A clever cover up for getting caught.

But I'm still not finding any evidence of any "editing" as claimed.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

You aren't making any sense :/

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

You aren't making any sense :/

Neither is Fox.

They got caught

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Well then substitute "we" with "me" if you wish.

Was that a "misrepresentation"?

I bet Fox's final admission will say they "misinterpreted" the audio.

A clever cover up for getting caught.

No bet. "We made an Oops" seems to be these peoples modus operendi. Why is this allowed? Why is this defended?

But I'm still not finding any evidence of any "editing" as claimed.

Dem be guilty here. I'm not going to argue semantics.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
"Affiliates" can feed cover a main distributors footage and news without even sharing the same political beliefs or agendas.

And AFFILIATE did this. Not "Fox News Corp". In fact Fox news ran the original footage as was.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Looks like they are "apologizing" .....

Updated: Monday, December 22 2014, 08:22 PM EST

Tawanda Jones sat down with Fox45 News Monday night, one day after we aired a clip of her from a protest in Washington, DC where we reported protesters were chanting "kill a cop". Tawanda's brother, Tyrone West, died in police custody in 2013. She told us the chant was actually "We won't stop….We can't stop…. 'til killer cops…. are in cell blocks".

We have apologized for the error and followed up with an interview with Tawanda.

FOX45 News Interviews Tawanda Jones

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Honestly I couldn't tell what that person was yelling about or what he/she was saying. It could have been "kill a cop" as far as I could tell and I listened to it over 10 times and the C-span version. I am getting old, but I don't think my hearing has gone yet.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

The next line "are in cell blocks" makes it pretty clear what they are saying.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join