It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sydney cafe being held up now isis flag in window

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I had to take a break from this for several hours and missed alot. Apparently five people escaped from the cafe. But have they confirmed if it's just one lone gunman or have several turned up?

I hope this will be over with soon.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: bellagirl
Ok i am going to put this out there.

I have been told it may be the father of a girl who went over to syria as a isis bride who was killed in action last week.

Absolutely no media talk of who it is.

dont know how true this is.

I am starting to think maybe not a true isis situation. I hate to say it but those blokes are heartless and dont muck around for 8 hours without opening the door and throwing a certain something out that i cant even bring myself to type.

So one of the theories is what, this guy's a distraught father in anguish, taking it out on the first unsuspecting group he had the steelies to take on?

Actually, I wouldn't write it off entirely, especially if some social mistreatment brought on her departure to the ME. If he's really a dad who lost his marbles, I could muster up a smidge of sympathy, but it certainly won't excuse putting people through this.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: bellagirl

yes it very well could be a sympathizer. I would caution as who knows whats going on inside i hope explosives are not involved.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

True. I find it amusing with the timing as well. It won't surprise me if this individual is shot and killed or at the least incapacitated in such a way he won't be able to talk. Anyone who has the means to access public CCTV should be doing so to monitor the situation.

1km exclusion zone is overkill. They don't want this events outcome having uncontrollable witnesses or media present. That in itself is a red flag. The only clear message this individual has displayed is via the flags. Seems a very brief statement, let alone lack of demands on his part. This story will be told how ever those in control want it to be.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
CNN saying at least one of the "gunman" is called "the brother" and is demanding an ISIS/ISIL flag in exchange for a hostage.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Channel 10 is reporting that the gunman has requested two things. (1) to talk to the Prime Minister, and (2) for police to provide him with an ISIS flag. He claims that there are two bombs inside the cafe, and two more elsewhere in Sydney.

www.smh.com.au...
edit on 15-12-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Wookiep

I am also seeing such tweets. Some saying he got the wrong flag and wants an Isis flag. Not sure if they're joking or not

link   
a reply to: Wookiep

I also heard he claimed there are four bombs. Two in the store and two others around Sydney.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I have been told it may be the father of a girl who went over to syria as a isis bride who was killed in action last week.

Absolutely no media talk of who it is.

dont know how true this is.

I am starting to think maybe not a true isis situation. I hate to say it but those blokes are heartless and dont muck around for 8 hours without opening the door and throwing a certain something out that i cant even bring myself to type.

Where did you hear that?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

a reply to: TechniXcality

www.dailytelegraph.com.au... /story-fni0cx12-1227154629432

the news about that guy blaming just for his girls death.

edit on 15-12-2014 by option158 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2014 by option158 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ManiShuck

Yes I have read this as well. But the original tweet who said this did not put any sources. He simply claimed his statement.

Here comes the trend of possible misinformation :O

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

You mean this nutter?
www.dailytelegraph.com.au... /story-fni0cx12-1227154629432

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Starling
Has anyone explored the notion that this could be a false flag, owned and operated by the USA, as usual, in accordance with the Australian government and in cooperation thereof?

There is one aspect of this that bothers me no end. The woman in the street who noticed a man with a 'sports bag', entering the building, and called the police. Was this woman an innocent member of the public, doing her civic duty by calling the cops about a 'suspicious activity'? What's so suspicious about a man with a sports bag?...unless a shot gun was obviously sticking out of it, but that was not reported.

Who is this woman who notices such irrelevant details as a man with a sports bag entering a building?
What if there's a sports or work-out facility in this building, where sports equipment might be required by its members?
What's so strange and unusual about a 'man with a sports bag' entering a building, unless this woman was a member of a security force for the establishment and was trained to recognize and report suspicious activities of this kind?
Any professional 'security' description regarding this woman was not reported, so what made the police and security forces react so vehemently to this laywoman's claim...?

And then we get all this vagueness and fluidity about what's really transpiring, keeping the public on edge, frightened and confused...just like 9/11. It looks like they got just the desired response from us, for the rogue 'authorities' to keep us ignorant and submissive to whatever evil goals they have in mind.

OK, we don't know what's going on yet, but I smell a rat, based on this laywoman's reaction that most of us seem to be ignoring. Pay attention, guys! These are the same old signs that always seem to elude us...

I dunno. The way this story developed on TV news doesn't quite feel organic and kosher to me.
It feels STAGED. Especially with all the 'unknowns' regarding the development of these events.
They're keeping it flexible and monitoring the public's reaction, in order to gauge how to go forward with their plan.
I dunno what fellow ATSers are feeling, but that's what I suspect.

It feels like the 'Authorities' are playing us once again.

According to Daily Mail, he was with 2 other males, dressed in a similar manner. A man claims he bumped into the hostage taker and he growled at the taker, "Watch where the F you're going!" Supposedly the Hostage taker growled back, "Do you want to get shot?" He said something hard bumped into his leg that was in the gym bag.

I was almost a hostage

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Oops did they take the wrong flag with them. How embarrassing. reply to: Wookiep

On topic-
There was reports they evacuated workers from the higher levels of the building via ladders earlier. I missed that until just now. No other new news for a while.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

The one I saw listed Sandra Sully as the source (ten eyewitness news).

I was wondering, with the mention of bombs and people speculating some type of dead man's switch... what if he's not acting alone? Pages back I posted how in September there was a big raid against terrorism suspects with a plot similar to this. It's possible that instead of this man alone controlling whether or not explosions go off, that a partner (or partners) is watching the news and if anything happens to this guy then they can trigger an explosion.

Scary thought.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
Channel 10 is reporting that the gunman has requested two things. (1) to talk to the Prime Minister, and (2) for police to provide him with an ISIS flag. He claims that there are two bombs inside the cafe, and two more elsewhere in Sydney.

www.smh.com.au...

So we were right ALL along.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
From the Sydney Morning Herald:

This just in from the SMH reporter Tim Elliott:

The Martin Place hostage taker has requested police locate an Islamic State flag for him, according to a senior figure in the Sydney Muslim community.

"The man inside the café said that if police could get him an ISIS flag, then he would release some hostages," said the senior figure.

"A contact I know from Counter Terrorism phoned me four or five times today asking if I could find them an ISIS flag, in a hurry. At one stage I had a team of people trying to find one," the senior figure told Elliott.

After receiving the calls, the community leader rang everyone she knew: "I must have called 50 people trying to find an IS flag. I found plenty of people who had one, but they didn't want to give them up. They also believed that the police were trying set them up."

The source said that the request may indicate the gunman wishes to be seen as part of IS.

"Or it could mean that he could be from Jabhat Al-Nusra, which hates IS, and he might want to burn that IS flag to make a statement," the source said.

Possession of the ISIS flag is illegal.

www.smh.com.au...

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
You've gotta wonder if that suspect package reported this morning at opera house was now something. reply to: neo96

Another quick news snip. US embassy is close by & has been evacuated. Probably expected really

edit on 15-12-2014 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: daaskapital

www.smh.com.au...

So we were right ALL along.

Perhaps. We still don't know why he wants the flag. I don't care though, as long as he releases some hostages once he gets it. Whatever secures the safety of civilians.

EDIT: That reminds me though, that there was chatter a couple of months back about draping an ISIS flag over a civilian and beheading them...i hope that is not what the terrorist wants it for...if the authorities are going to go ahead with providing him with an ISIS flag, they better be ready to raid the joint while he is distracted.
edit on 15-12-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Honestly?

Where the hell they gonna get an ISIS flag?

Like they are laying around everywhere in Australia.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join