It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sydney cafe being held up now isis flag in window

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo
a reply to: OpinionatedB

What is the purpose of the attention?

Could it be...
A message
A diversion/distraction (shortterm/longterm)
An act of extremism
That the guy is a psycho
Something related to politics?

Hmm..

Well... its going to be both political as well as a message.. its going to be, don't mess with us or this will happen, and the this will have as much emotional impact as possible - hence the media.

He is probably wanting others to join him.. ie: to get springboard of more attacks like this around the world.

if he doesn't kill them, then its a different message.. its a .. we don't really want to kill you so like ISIS they aren't the enemy or something like that..
edit on 15-12-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

link   
2 more escaped.?? Total of 5. Not making alot of sense atm. Lone gunman tired? Speculation on my behalf of course. Un known if they were released or escaped. Watching channel 7
edit on 15-12-2014 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

link   
Someone else just got out

2 asian females. Both worked there
edit on 15-12-2014 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2014 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Too dangerous for them in Arabia, so they went to find Willy Wonka's secret everlasting gobstopper recipe. Much more fruitful!

link   
a reply to: ausername

It really depends..
1. how off guard they were when you shoved the scissors into their throat
2. who is around you - who has the nerve to jump on him when your falling to the ground
3. how dedicated he is to his cause - he could be paralised with fear
4. what kind of trigger/bomb he has

I'm not talking about just being bravado and having a shot.. I'm talking about taking your time, waiting for the perfect moment or waiting until you had no choice.

link   
Reports that two women have left the cafe.

Wow, you people are fast, lol.

edit on 15-12-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Has anyone explored the notion that this could be a false flag, owned and operated by the USA, as usual, in accordance with the Australian government and in cooperation thereof?

There is one aspect of this that bothers me no end. The woman in the street who noticed a man with a 'sports bag', entering the building, and called the police. Was this woman an innocent member of the public, doing her civic duty by calling the cops about a 'suspicious activity'? What's so suspicious about a man with a sports bag?...unless a shot gun was obviously sticking out of it, but that was not reported.

Who is this woman who notices such irrelevant details as a man with a sports bag entering a building?
What if there's a sports or work-out facility in this building, where sports equipment might be required by its members?
What's so strange and unusual about a 'man with a sports bag' entering a building, unless this woman was a member of a security force for the establishment and was trained to recognize and report suspicious activities of this kind?
Any professional 'security' description regarding this woman was not reported, so what made the police and security forces react so vehemently to this laywoman's claim...?

And then we get all this vagueness and fluidity about what's really transpiring, keeping the public on edge, frightened and confused...just like 9/11. It looks like they got just the desired response from us, for the rogue 'authorities' to keep us ignorant and submissive to whatever evil goals they have in mind.

OK, we don't know what's going on yet, but I smell a rat, based on this laywoman's reaction that most of us seem to be ignoring. Pay attention, guys! These are the same old signs that always seem to elude us...

I dunno. The way this story developed on TV news doesn't quite feel organic and kosher to me.
It feels STAGED. Especially with all the 'unknowns' regarding the development of these events.
They're keeping it flexible and monitoring the public's reaction, in order to gauge how to go forward with their plan.
I dunno what fellow ATSers are feeling, but that's what I suspect.

It feels like the 'Authorities' are playing us once again.

edit on 12/15/2014 by Starling because: Spelling

link   
Any1 thinking this is lone isis guy needs a better excuse to exercise their imagination. Wow. Learn the world. Isis is a catch all term nowadays, synonymous with terrorist. I want to know what the # the fiasco is for. Something much more sinister is going on NOWHERE INSIDE that building. I can't believe the lack of vision for some of the posters here. This # has been EVOLVING from JFK where it was first "inaugurated". Years of documenting advancements in technology, training, espionage, trick tactics, propaganda, and media ploys, DO NOT LEAD TO US TODAY WITH 1 "SCARY LONE GUNMAN" from ISIS no less, pretending to be putting anyone's life in jeopardy. IF SOME1 DIES, MY MONEY IS ON FAKERY. I mean holy # you'd guys all eat it up if it were faked.

:edit:
# YES "Starling", freakin finally somebody THINKS instead of speculating the overall shininess of their internal doomsday clock!
edit on 15-12-2014 by Arrestme because: Starling > U

link   
a reply to: Domo1

we just look to those that are more experienced at dealing with psychos, murderers, rapists and the scum of the human race.

so we look to America.

except for the incredibly important issue of police tape colouring.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Arrestme

what if everything isn't a conspiracy? what if the world is truly as stupid as it seems?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: sweord

we just look to those that are more experienced at dealing with psychos, murderers, rapists and the scum of the human race.

so we look to America.

And that's only talking about our politicians. not terrorists.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Starling

I heard that the woman was approaching the cafe when a hostage indicated to her to leave. Then, the gunman, holding a sports bag, pulled out a weapon. If that's the case, then it makes sense that the woman had seen the gun and called police.

There was another incident, before the gunman entered the building, where a man who had left the cafe had actually bumped into him. He asked the gunman to watch where he was walking, and was promptly threatened with death.

Two different reports of a man with a sports bag...there's more than one witness before this event went down.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Starling

I'm just going to say, you'd be surprised at what some people find suspicious and call police over.

I was once picking up pecans in someone's front yard, within two feet from the street, and police showed up saying someone called them over suspicious activity.

Are we really going to yell 'false flag' because some lady found this man suspicious?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

IN the last issue of Dabiq al-baghdadi put forth the call for all of his followers in the west begin attacking the west anywhere and everywhere they could.

I would say this is why ISIS comes up in this.. they already put out the call.. since then we have first canada and now this..

that said... your average Muslim doesn't have a black shahadah flag just lying around their house.. its not something most people just simply have lying around.. its not like a prayer rug or something..

they are slightly more specific than that.. if you not a mosque, you don't have one.. unless of course your a jihadi.
edit on 15-12-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: sweord

so we look to America.

LOL

I didn't want that to sound like I was cheering the US, or insinuate we're better. It just seemed rude to police there to say that on the news. They are more than capable.

You should come visit the US some day. I'll try not to rape or murder you. It's going to be hard because I'm a psycho, but I'm fairly confident I can keep my disgusting US urges under control.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

what if everything isn't a conspiracy? what if the world is truly as stupid as it seems?

Then the song remains the same, unfortunately, but point taken. We can't stop them lip syncing all their performances, but we can stop buying their albums!

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
so this is the worst hostage taker ever
people are just running right out of the joint.

nice

and if youre gonna make the lunge for the throat with scissors, you can do it without too.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit
so this is the worst hostage taker ever
people are just running right out of the joint.

nice

and if youre gonna make the lunge for the throat with scissors, you can do it without too.

Well terrorist's are not known for their over abundance of intelligence,

They like to blow themselves up because "God told them to do it'.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Nice led zeppelin song. Regardless, im not sold on conspiracy i play devils advocate at times only to keep my mind sharp. JFK is a conspiracy i agree. However maintaining the level of control that higher levels of conspiracy suggest, would make the manipulators omnipotent or omnipresent. All that id like to see is everyone get out alive today.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

IN the last issue of Dabiq al-baghdadi put forth the call for all of his followers in the west begin attacking the west anywhere and everywhere they could.

I would say this is why ISIS comes up in this.. they already put out the call.. since then we have first canada and now this..

that said... your average Muslim doesn't have a black shahadah flag just lying around their house.. its not something most people just simply have lying around.. its not like a prayer rug or something..

they are slightly more specific than that.. if you not a mosque, you don't have one.. unless of course your a jihadi.

And who made you the Betsy Ross of ISIS? That guy's been claimed dead and captured more than 4 times. It's a smokescreen for plans you wouldn't believe in if I said this is how they are to pull it off. Yet how many people race to the "radical religionistismality" card, m'iright?

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join