It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sydney cafe being held up now isis flag in window

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Update: reports of a 6th hostage escaped

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

Can't be 100% only 99% or 101% as nothing in this world is perfect.

All this about the flag is nit picking as above lol

A terrorist is a terrorist.

I stated earlier that I may have some details wrong ok cool.

1%

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

originally posted by: neo96

Channel 10 is reporting that the gunman has requested two things. (1) to talk to the Prime Minister, and (2) for police to provide him with an ISIS flag. He claims that there are two bombs inside the cafe, and two more elsewhere in Sydney.

www.smh.com.au...

So we were right ALL along.

Perhaps. We still don't know why he wants the flag. I don't care though, as long as he releases some hostages once he gets it. Whatever secures the safety of civilians.

EDIT: That reminds me though, that there was chatter a couple of months back about draping an ISIS flag over a civilian and beheading them...i hope that is not what the terrorist wants it for...if the authorities are going to go ahead with providing him with an ISIS flag, they better be ready to raid the joint while he is distracted.

Sadly when he said he wanted an ISIL/ISIS flag, that was my thought as to why he wanted it. I just pray to God that I'm wrong.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Aren't firearms illegal in Australia?????

No, not at all. Whatever gave you that idea?

You can find a summary of Australian firearms law here: GunPolicy.org : Australia

link   
My sister works quite near to where this is happening, her whole office can't leave yet. Not good.

link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: my1percent

How did this happen?

Aren't firearms illegal in Australia?????

no -No not at all.ere are more restrictions than in the US, but there's plenty of legally owned guns - although the NRA might like you to believe otherwise.

Great!

Thanks for answering my question!

Gun control doesn't work!

If you actually take the time to look at the link. The only firearms the average person MIGHT have is a Single Shot Rifle or maybe a Shotgun if 'genuine need' is demonstrated. That's like saying you can get a concealed carry permit in DC. Sure, there are laws on the books, but first you have to become best friends with the ridiculously anti-gun Sheriff so she can approve of your 'reason' for wanting one, then go through a bunch of ridiculous classes, register your ammunition, and pay egregious fees.

The 5 percent of Australians that have a chance to get weapons are probably the ones who live in the outback, not downtown Sydney.

What I want to make sure of is that when the terrorist is captured (assuming he doesn't suicide himself) he is given tea to calm his nerves, coddled, given a nice fluffy prison bed and told it's not his fault. They better not yell at him either like those evil British, and make sure a door doesn't close to loudly as to startle him like those evil British did!
edit on 15-12-2014 by chuck258 because: Puncuation

link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

Channel 10 is reporting that the gunman has requested two things. (1) to talk to the Prime Minister, and (2) for police to provide him with an ISIS flag. He claims that there are two bombs inside the cafe, and two more elsewhere in Sydney.

www.smh.com.au...

Perhaps. We still don't know why he wants the flag. I don't care though, as long as he releases some hostages once he gets it. Whatever secures the safety of civilians.

EDIT: That reminds me though, that there was chatter a couple of months back about draping an ISIS flag over a civilian and beheading them...i hope that is not what the terrorist wants it for...if the authorities are going to go ahead with providing him with an ISIS flag, they better be ready to raid the joint while he is distracted.

Sadly when he said he wanted an ISIL/ISIS flag, that was my thought as to why he wanted it. I just pray to God that I'm wrong.

Yeah that would not be good... It's possible that could be the motivation behind it, but seeing how it's been hours now and 6 hostages have been freed/escaped I just don't think it's the case. A true ISIS member/leader would have wiped out most if not all of the hostages by now. The brutality just hasn't taken shape in this. I think we are just looking at a publicity stunt, IMO.
edit on 15-12-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Nevermind on that.. they just announced that he contacted the news stations and said he had two bombs inside the cafe and two more planted in the business district..

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Honestly?

Where the hell they gonna get an ISIS flag?

Like they are laying around everywhere in Australia.

The report stated they "found plenty of people who had one, but they didn't want to give them up. They also believed that the police were trying set them up". I'm shocked that these flags are so readily available here, personally.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TRiPWiRE

especially because they are illegal!

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Are you talking illegal in aussie?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Ive been watching ABC24 and there has been no mention of a request for an ISIS flag or anything about a bomb, where are you getting this info?
No mention in the online news either.

Five people have got out or been let out.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Are you talking illegal in aussie?

Yes, the news station said they were illegal.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
There is a briefing going on. The officer won't answer the questions asking for detail...even though the media has already released that information.

Though I saw a tweet saying that the police wants the media to not give out such info...

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: lifecitizen

CNN is reporting this in the U.S. It could be B.S, who really knows at this point.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

originally posted by: Anyafaj

www.smh.com.au...

Yeah that would not be good... It's possible that could be the motivation behind it, but seeing how it's been hours now and 6 hostages have been freed/escaped I just don't think it's the case. A true ISIS member/leader would have wiped out most if not all of the hostages by now. The brutality just hasn't taken shape in this. I think we are just looking at a publicity stunt, IMO.

You never know. All he needs is one hostage.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

f you actually take the time to look at the link. The only firearms the average person MIGHT have is a Single Shot Rifle or maybe a Shotgun if 'genuine need' is demonstrated.

That is wrong and I live here.

We can have single and DB shotguns and lever or bolt action rifles.

The Shotgun that the bad guys have is illegal in this country.

Farmers can get 10 semi-auto rimfires for vermin control.

P

link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Thanks. They just mentioned the bomb threat but are saying there's lots of rumours about demands.

link   
a reply to: lifecitizen

CNN here reported on the flag but no bombs. I believe Ten Eyewitness News is reporting that the escaped hostages mentioned bombs (as well as the flag).

A random Twitter source mentioned a third demand that the media alerts his "brothers" not to detonate the bombs yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join