It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Franco and Seth Rogan Might Just Kill Us All!!! The Two Horsemen of the Stonedocalypse

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

I would be wise not not accept censorship from the government. I would be wise to not accept censorship from foreign governments...

Otherwise you used the word stoner a lot..

Not really sure how much more I should read into this. You are a silly boy Heff.

I wouldn't buy into the hype. I've been noticing increased activity from earlier on... Or are you going to play the same tired plot of dummies being pissed off by movies and deciding to become terrorists? I think I saw that movie too recently to suspend disbelief again.

Sometimes you are hard to read heffernan hefferman ol heffy.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

I did use the word stoner alot - it was poetic feng shui to purge the soul!

Well that and this is a rant about how two stoners could potentially have made a movie about North Korea that has already caused reality to start to mimic the general concept of the film.

Well that and I ran out of medication....

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
one of the 2 actors mentioned isnt really a stoner he only plays one on tv.

ill give you a hint.. he's a white guy.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Poppcocked

Well then it's Franco - because Seth Rogan ruined Kevin Smith with his bad habits. LOL

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
a reply to: Emerald53

Catch-up information here and here.

Sorry for the short answer - real life, dog eating plastic type crisis in progress. LOL

You rant about a movie while your dog rants for food. S&F your dog.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Does anyone know if there is historic evidence of satire causing a major world incident?

If so it would certainly bolster Heffs theory.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
There were many things they could have done with the movie besides stir up trouble. It would be different if those 2 were boyfriends with him like Dennis Rodman, but they aren't and I think those 2 should have left that one alone.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

If it were reversed..if North Korea or some other country made a movie about killing Obama, it wouldn't go down too well with Washington.

Really curious that this movie got green-lighted, especially considering how looney, insecure and paranoid the NK government is.

Looks like we've all been paying the price for Rogan's/Franco's/Sony's dumbassery.

Let's just hope it's limited to the virtual world ...
edit on 12/14/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
It's just a stoner joke movie. The plot is obviously a farce and the 'killers' are idiots. It makes Americans look inept and incapable. I'd think N. Korea would like that.

That being said, I kinda appreciated reading the leaked SONY memos and what the corporate bigwigs thought of Angelina Jolie. They basically said she's a no talent ego filled mess. Totally agree.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

...And to think, I wasted several minutes reading this far on stuff (polite word) that I care not a whit about!

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

That was my thought:
how the hell did this movie ever get the go-ahead???????

North Korea isn't a country known for its sense of humor....
Would we allow this movie if it were about the Queen of England? instead The head of state of Israel? Saudi Arabia? The Ukraine? Maybe Putin????

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Stop watching the news. Stop reading about anything related to conflicts. The media manipulates the population into a hysteria, which I believe your post more than proves. They turn people into ideologues and what ideology you end up subscribing to depends on your emotional attachments.

Trust me, I was a radical for over a decade. All I saw were bombs and death and misery...and worst of all, celebrities. Then again, I never took them as seriously as you have. They were just lame and in my face

So in my head, there's this raging war going on outside. It's like being in Hitler's bunker in late April, 1945. Only if you go outside I assure you nothing is happening. It may even be almost comedicly serene with the sun shining, the daisies dancing and the birds' a chirpin'.

"James Franco and Seth Rogan are going to kill us all." Too funny. North Korea can't hit us. Why the hell do you think we spent so much time setting up, or attempting to anyway, strongholds in East Asia? We were run out of Vietnam but we're still in South Korea and Japan.

Not to mention they remade Red Dawn a couple years ago and I believe they were originally going to make it China but then changed their minds to North Korea, because China...we don't want to offend them too much. But North Korea? Even with nuclear capabilities, they're a joke. They're only a danger to the region but even still, Russia and China are just a godslap away from shutting down any temper tantrums Psycho the Second (or is it the third?) might throw.

We're gonna be alright. Look into Valium. Even if this dismissal proves foolish and NK starts bombarding us tomorrow, the valium, man...the valium. Others will scream "WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE" as you snicker at a Tom & Jerry cartoon. Or maybe try some of whatever Franco and Rogan are smoking. Relax, it's all just a show. And some people prefer horror which is why we have cable news channels.

I recommend channels that show old TV shows like Mister Ed and the Twilight Zone and Get Smart and the Avengers...trust me, you'll go sane.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

That being said, I kinda appreciated reading the leaked SONY memos and what the corporate bigwigs thought of Angelina Jolie. They basically said she's a no talent ego filled mess. Totally agree.

hahahahah, thats awesome

people are all about her though. i went to youtube to watch a movie trailer, and there her bony ass is saying how she wont be able to go to her movie premier cause she has chicken pox.

4.5 million views in about a day

and nobody will mess with franco and rogen.
if they do, they better watch thier back

red will kill every one of them mugs with his daewoo lanos

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Here's hoping when it's all said and done we get blasted to the stoned age

PS: don't forget to horde the snacks

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Lol, You dont get out much do you?
Sorry but this stretch is a little to overboard. I cant even reply to this seriously. i could see somebody who is 6-10 years old making this claim. do your parents know your on ats?

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Sorry but she is so far from attractive. If it weren't for the fact that Hollywood swears by her I'd think she was someone hanging around at a truck stop in Tennessee.

Can Hollywood find talent, actual talent instead of the same tired, crass jokes? This is an industry pumping out pathetic remakes, endless superhero movies (really, Birdman? Polish your plate glass window and watch him fly into it, end of Birdman, that simple). They destroyed Star Trek.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Funny you mention that - during the reign of the Tudors satire and plays were considered to be the height of political intrigue and were heavily monitored. Writers and actors were frequently jailed or recruited to spy on their friends for the crown.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: St0mP121

originally posted by: St0mP121

Lol, You dont get out much do you?
Sorry but this stretch is a little to overboard. I cant even reply to this seriously. i could see somebody who is 6-10 years old making this claim. do your parents know your on ats?

This stretch was supposed to be overboard - it's the rant forum. Additionally it was written to be over the top and fun. But I guess you missed those points while you were busy cooking up half-assed psuedo insults. That's OK. I forgive you.

Oh, and yes, my mommy knows I am on ATS. Though I doubt she's concerned about it in her retirement home.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Can Hollywood find talent, actual talent instead of the same tired, crass jokes? This is an industry pumping out pathetic remakes, endless superhero movies (really, Birdman? Polish your plate glass window and watch him fly into it, end of Birdman, that simple). They destroyed Star Trek.

there are still fantastic movies being made.
lots of talent floating around and birdman is awesome....

leading man/women like jolie, pitt, cruise...those types are not really known for their amazing acting chops. they make entertaining flicks. most of the time they are a sex symbol of sorts.

the chops almost always come from the character actors. sure, the leads do great some of the time but the character driven actors are where it is at.

tom cruise is always tom cruise, you know...dont matter the movie and he has had a couple of outstanding moments but for the part he is always cruise...
he did not become maverick. he did not become ethan hunt. he played them.

now think someone like dustin hoffman...he becomes the character. if you had not known about him before you watched rainman, you would think he WAS raymond babbot.
think meryl streep. robert deniro. gary oldman.

its a different class/type...
sure, i liked mt and mrs smith with jolie. i thought salt was fantastic but not because of her mad acting skills.

meryl in sophies choice, osage county, hell even devil wears prada....she became miranda priestly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join