It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're white? Sorry, your support is not welcome.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

If it were a 'white issue' and black people showed up to support and we asked them to just observe an action? I don't think they'd have a problem doing that either.

Wow! You're so full of crap and you know it. It would be all over the news and the "white folk movement" would be plastered as a KKK movement everywhere in the media and on FB etc...

Knock it off and stop being so damn ignorant in the name of the "leftist" party you support.

You're no "anarchist" as you have persistently proclaimed, nor a defender of "rights" in any fashion. Just another liberal bigot, flaming the racism fan the MSM and liberal media agenda have been advocating all along.

Wow, just wow. Wtf is wrong with you?

You don't like what I have to say so you seek to strip me of an identifier? What am I saying that in your opinion makes me not an anarchist?

Just take a good look at yourself here... you're taking two very small instances one of which was a request by a white woman that in my first hand experience no one (not black, brown, white) participating, even knew of... and using it to label all the hundreds of thousands of people that have protested almost every night since the grand jury decision not to indict Darren Wilson as segregated... wilfully segregated at that.

During that walk out and the demonstrations that followed, no one talked about white people not doing hands up or die ins. But if they had, I don't think any of us white people there would have had a problem with it. It wouldn't be asking us to leave it wouldn't be asking us not to protest with them. It would be asking for us to step back, just for a moment.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: 3u40r15m

Generalities like that are just wrong.

some did, indeed, hate him. Others did not. Most did not. Because most realized that the Civil Rights movement was right.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Are Black Americans unaware that there are white people all over the world who support them !

Almost all of my friends personally and on social media every single one of them have expressed their disgust in how the police and grand jury have handled the situation.
It's a constant subject of discussion amongst my friends here in Scotland

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3u40r15m

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Ancient Champion

Many people today in the black community don't really have a clear idea of what MLK actually stood for. They just know he did a lot for them, but don't know how. MLK understood that the key to overcoming racism is to come together against it, not to push the other party away,

You're also full of #... MLK was a spokesman just like any other we have today like Jesse jackson, except now white people have been outnumbered in who will actually fight, and are more afraid of black people. But don't act like white people supported MLK. Because they didn't, they wanted to lynch him. Hence they assassinated him.

So those white people who walked with MLK weren't really white people? Nope the WHOLE body that is "white people" wanted MLK dead. I see your point... I do... There is a phrase for that... Hmmmm.... Oh yea! Racial stereotyping!
edit on 5-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a test to determine if you're a racist hypocrite:

let's begin with the BIG issue, because it's where all the racism started -- in the garden of eden. humans as a species, were condemned by some other species, because we were humans. female humans, in particular, were hatedbecause they created more humans. so the pecking order was:

1. the ruling species who despised humans
2. the ruling species who despised female humans, especially
3. human males who were taught to abuse their female counterparts and to blame them for being human by the ruling species (this was taught ACROSS the board, to every racial group). it became a no-no to be sexually appealing, sort of like blaming your female cat for attracting a male cat (nature became evil). special rules were put in place, to keep the human population numbers down and to keep them uneducated. for example, king henry killed wives that didn't produce sons for him, believing it to be the fault of women if they didn't give birth to male children. turns out, the gender decision is made by the sperm, not the ovum.
4. as people became more educated and aware, via trial and error and word of mouth, it no longer worked to blame humans for being human *including females*, so culture became the new thing to pick on. again, also a population control mechanism.
5. then as people became more accepting of cultural differences, skin color became the new population control mechanism.
6. then as more people became more accepting of skin color differences, religion became the new population control mechanism.
7. then as more people became accepting of religious differences, money status and politics , became the new population control mechanism.

and finally, as more people became accepting of money status and politics, the flood gates opened and rhetoric came flowing out that exercised every single divide that came before it:
-species (humans in general vs. overlords) via gender abuse
-culture
-skin color
-religion
-money, status and politics

it's a population reduction mechanism disguised as all of the above prejudices

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
With all of the fuss around Ferguson, racial tension has seldom been higher in this nation. Lines have been drawn and woe unto anyone on the 'other side' and should some wish to espouse views that are contrary to what others think should be held simply due to melanin content, then they are considered race traitors.

White guilt is not even enough any more. Even if you subscribe to the idea that, as a white person, you are personally responsible for years of black oppression and you benefit from white privilidge and wish to support those supporting Michael Brown, you are not welcome:

Columbia, MO. — Organizers of a recent Ferguson protest at the University of Missouri requested “only people of color” take part in the event’s “die-in,” one element of a larger demonstration that prompted at least two classes to be shelved so students could participate.

WHITE STUDENTS TOLD THEY CAN’T PARTICIPATE IN FERGUSON ‘DIE-IN’ DEMONSTRATION caps copied verbatim from source

And this is not the only school at which such behavior was displayed:

"White folks” in Massachusetts were told to keep their hands down if they joined a campus walkout Monday afternoon to protest the recent grand jury decision in the shooting of teenager Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo.

“I understand wanting to show up and support, but white people need to understand that this symbolic act of raising your hands in a position of surrender is meant to illustrate how black people are violently targeted by police because of their race,” the post says. “If you don’t experience that, you should not mimic the gesture in an attempt at ‘solidarity.’ It is centering yourself in a narrative that you cannot tell because of the protection your white privilege gives you.”

And not just students:

In a campus-wide email to all students,Marcella Hall, Dean of Students, encouraged students to attend the walk out.

“Please remember faculty and administration are here to support you with questions, comments and concerns about Ferguson, race and social justice,” Hall, who attended Monday’s protest, wrote in the email obtained by Campus Reform.

White students discouraged from participating in Monday’s Ferguson demonstrations

How is this line of thinking supposed to help stop divisiveness?

You know what? I am white, and I support black people in their quest for equality in this nation. I can also say I've never been racially profiled by a police officer, been called a racial slur, or been treated like less of a person due to my race. I haven't dealt with years of suddle hints that I am not as good as others. I haven't seen a community full of my racial makeup condemned and demonized for fighting back, fighting back because they were fed up being #ing gunned down in the streets or choked to on a sidewalk.
For these reasons I will not be one to tell them how to fight injustice. I offer my support if it is ever needed because I want them to realize true equality, not because I want some ego boost or to show I'm not like "those white people." If I showed up to a march and they told me to go home, I would show my respect and support by walking away.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: suz62
This thread feels like you're a racist just for having an opinion one way or the other. Too much nitpicking about minute details, not enough substance.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: 3u40r15m

I recall many, many white faces standing with their brothers at his famous I have a dream speech. And the ones who traveled from different states to march with him. Sharpton keeps his own people down for profit, he stirs up controversy in order to profit and divide, as is dictated to him by the ones who tell him (and other major figures) what to do. MLK at least had some semblance of unity, realizing that all people have value.

The key phrase is "Sharpton keeps his own people down for profit". He is a tax cheat who hasn't paid any taxes on that profit.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It's offensive to say the least isn't it?

Plus, my son has been harassed by police too, and he is not a black man. He used to drive a bit of a hopped up red Camaro. Nice car.. . but a young man in his very early 20's driving it, well.. he was pulled over constantly.

They pulled him over once, because he made it to the speed limit too fast.. ended up giving him a ticket for - get this - "exhibition of acceleration".. he didn't speed, he just sped up too fast for their taste, and wasn't appropriately apologetic when they pulled him over..

After that, the cops were pulling him over literally every single time they saw him giving him bogus tickets constantly. He actually had to move for a while, and come back with a different vehicle before they let him be.

lol..

yeah.. white people don't know anything about being harassed and profiled.. right.. I'd say having to move because the cops have it in for you is pretty extreme.. for a white person who never committed a crime.
edit on 5-12-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Kali74

a reply to: Krakatoa

Well it is kinda funny if you have dark humor which a lot of people do (promise you someone will think in their head that me saying dark humor is ironic).

A black man singing White Christmas while a massive protest about a white cop getting away with killing an unarmed black man is happening hundreds of feet away.

It is ironic. Not racist but ironic.

Why ironic? Unless you are thinking of skin color. White Christmas is about flippin SNOW....which, big wonder falls on the ground as white. Like us, it cannot help what color it is either. IMO, only someone thinkning racially would make that connection.

This White Christmas fiasco was totally ridiculous. Next it will be car manufacturers are racist for making car tires black. Car tires are part of the conveyances which carry lily white asses to places, therefore it must be promoting slavery of some sort.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
any women who think blaming people for their dna is a good precedent to set, is exercising the same kind of rhetoric that blamed women for being genetically "cursed".

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I attend many music festivals and pretty much everyone who attends these things (95% white people) knows NEVER wear a tie dyed t-shirt while driving to one. Dread locks? Good luck, better wear a hat. If you have camping gear in your car, make sure you go the speed limit. And even then cops will make up reasons to pull you over.
edit on 5-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
What is wrong with that is, in itself, segregation. It carries with it the implication that a person with dark skin is superior to someone with light skin in that area.

That's not implied, it's inferred. That's YOUR judgment of the situation. These people aren't saying they're "superior", they're just saying that this is about them.

Now THAT would be a valid segregation based not upon race or physical appearance.

According to YOU, it would be valid. That's just your judgment.
edit on 12/5/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

After a Grateful Dead show at Boston Garden back in 91-92, can't remember exactly... we got out and you know the cattle herd thing getting out of sold out arena shows... anyway the cops almost incited a riot by pulling people out of the crowd for standing still and shouting over the bullhorn for people to disperse as if suddenly concert goers had turned into protesters... we couldn't move! People started shouting back, then decided we were gonna march up and down the streets across from the Garden, we did that about 3 times before they blocked off all the streets, they wouldn't let us in the bars across the streets either. We wouldn't have done that if they hadn't been assholes to start with. Point being, yeah it happens cops can collectively be assholes, always have been... and they certainly don't like hippies.

Overall yes, there needs to be united resistance and there is, the state is afraid of that... the element of old white racists (that still exists and holds power) are afraid of that and they are looking for ways to reinforce the ground they've been laying all this time, that keeps racism alive... inserting this false narrative that black people don't want white people around during these protests are examples of such. These two instances are not what the OP claims them to be.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

What's the problem with that?

The problem is, no one group is going to solve the problem. No matter how much some may believe that. Societal problems of this magnitude need the cooperative efforts of everyone. Not almost everyone. Not everyone of a certain racial/religious background... Everyone.

95% of the protests do include everyone. This is such a small, insignificant percentage of protesters who wished to represent themselves and people here are making a HUGE racial deal out of it...

Problems are solved by people of goodwill getting together and working together. Recall the original Civil Rights movement. That wasn't only blacks. It was blacks, whites. It was Jews, and Catholics.

See above.

How can some of you not see that?

I see that and I agree. But if a small group of black people want to say, "You know what? We appreciate your support, but we'd like to do this part on our own..."

Who are we to come in and say, "You're not going to be able to do it on your own. You need us. Here... let me show you how to do it. And if you don't include us, you're racist."

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Thanks. I really appreciate that.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

The point though is, its not just hippies. My son wears a crew cut, always has. He dresses normally, but he is a big boy.. not big as in fat either. One look at him and most people are afraid of him, even though he is a teddy bear. Even my husband says he wouldn't poke him with a stick.. no sense riling up bear he says.. lol.

They target anyone and everyone who they 1.) don't like. 2) who they think might be a problem. 3.) who they don't like

Whether its the car someone drives, or the clothes they wear, or the color of their skin,or the way someone wears their hair, there are cops out there who decide whether or not they like you, and if they don't then you have a very serious problem because they will make it a point to harass you.

This isn't every cop, but its enough that it has become a bit of a problem in the US - although I don't know if it has simply always been this way or not. It seems every generation has had their problems in this area.
edit on 5-12-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

There is a festival ground I go to just across the Maryland border in West Virgina by Cumberland that sets up police task forces solely designed to profile festival goers. I know this because my friend got pulled over by the cops near there and the head of the task force showed up and told them about it (he tells me this story all the time).

PS: I love my signature. That song is such a scathing attack against American patriotism, but it is so true.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

There is a festival ground I go to just across the Maryland border in West Virgina by Cumberland that sets up police task forces solely designed to profile festival goers. I know this because my friend got pulled over by the cops near there and the head of the task force showed up and told them about it (he tells me this story all the time).

there is a festival grounds in cleveland called nelsons ledges. killer bands play there but it is a drug infested suck fest.
grass, x, schrooms, etc...
most of the people out there go there for the dope, not the tunes.

cops set up a check near there and there are under cover cops that are on the grounds...
i dont see why this is a problem...

lots of drugs going in and coming out of there. they know it so they set up a check.

this is no different than all the cities across the country that set up checks on new years eve, memorial day, and the 4th of july to pinch drunk drivers....
they know there are a lot of drunks on the road so they set up stops....

this is a good thing. if they know there is a greater chance of pinching a drunk driver on those days, that is when they will set up.

know what i mean....

set up a stop by the ledges, wait for someone to roll through with a busted tail light..before you know it x amount of well, x is off the street.
sure, not every stop yields dope but in those spots its a lot.

im not anti drug in any sense....
actually, im a fan.

what i am not a fan of is people getting loaded and then hitting the streets in their 3 thousand pound death machine.
im not into going to the ledges to try to hear my boy buckethead but not being able to enjoy it cause all the load outs...

i guess i just dont see the problem...

how many thousands of stories have there been about people getting pulled over for 'no reason' and having that turn into drugs off the street, guns off the street, people being pulled in cause of warrants, etc...

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

I know about the Ledges, I have friends who go there pretty much yearly. As someone who attends these festivals, MOST people aren't high when they are driving into them. So your point about intoxicated drivers is lost on me. And regardless it is STILL profiling. That was the point I was bringing up.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join