It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're white? Sorry, your support is not welcome.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Grovit

I know about the Ledges, I have friends who go there pretty much yearly. As someone who attends these festivals, MOST people aren't high when they are driving into them. So your point about intoxicated drivers is lost on me. And regardless it is STILL profiling. That was the point I was bringing up.

no way to know if most people are high driving into them.
are most of them still off their ass when they are leaving? some of them?
what about the dope they are bringing in?

yeah, it is profiling. just like the dui checks i mentioned. that is profiling too.

profiling has been going on in some form or another forever.

i just dont see how the cops sitting out by a spot where there is a good chance to be dope and/or intoxicated drivers is a bad thing. cops sit on the side of the road with radar guns all the time waiting for speeders.
why not wait for speeders near these festivals?
cops grab people for tail light and other traffic violations all the time.
why not do it near these places where the chances are greater to get # off the street?

i just dont see the issue....

people should be allowed to load up all they want..in their home...you know
i do...with my xxxxxxxx of choice
what i dont do is take it to the festival and get blitzed......its not cool.
edit on 5-12-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Yes, but normally when you get pulled over for a tail light in fraction, you get a work order (and possibly a ticket), but your car isn't ripped apart because the cop said he smelt pot (regardless if that is the case or not, I've had friends have this line used against them with nothing in their car).

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I know it's not just hippies, not just blacks... every citizen in the country has a problem on their hands with police brutality. Black people have been speaking about this for... well since they were allowed to speak. NO ONE is denying this. There's no black people saying they are the only victims (that narrative reinforces racism by making it easy for too many people to shrug them off as just perpetuating victim mentality). However there is NO refuting that police brutality disproportionately affects black people, they are in the eyes of the state the lowest on the totem pole, narratives such as the OP reinforce that situation.

Some protests have been about police brutality, some have been specifically about Mike Brown and Eric Garner. NO ONE has asked white people not to participate. In one instance a black person asked of a university walk out that white participants not partake in the die-in, that's it. It was a protest about the perceived lack of justice for Mike Brown, they wanted a statement made by black people lying on the ground... that's it.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yes, but normally when you get pulled over for a tail light in fraction, you get a work order (and possibly a ticket), but your car isn't ripped apart because the cop said he smelt pot (regardless if that is the case or not, I've had friends have this line used against them with nothing in their car).

no doubt that happens...not arguing that.
but some do get pulled over for a light and the car does reek and they do wind up with a bust for dope or worse.
not every time...maybe a small percentage of the time...what i am saying is that does happen as well and i get why they would set up shop there...
thats all.

there are those dui stops in several places in my city ever year on the days i mention...they pull a lot of drunk drivers off the road on those days.
it makes sense that they set up the checks on those days...
seems like the same thing to me....

but yeah, you get those cowboy cops that stop a guy on the way to the ledges for a light and toss his car to find nothing at all. in the end the guy was guilty of nothing but looking a certain way...it sucks and it happens.

how do you think i feel when i get stopped?
big ass beard, tattoos on my throat, hands, knuckles, etc...

when i get pulled over the first thing i do is give my cell phone to my wife and tell her if they pinch me to call her father(he's a bonds man)....
ive never been pinched like that.
i get my ticket and i am on my way...maybe i am lucky and i get the cool cops. maybe its cause i dont start flipping out about my rights and this and that with the attitude....i dont know.

i still think im gonna get the pinch when i get stopped though. cant like about that.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

NO ONE has asked white people not to participate.

In one instance a black person asked of a university walk out that white participants not partake in the die-in, that's it.

so there has been no one who has asked white people not to participate?

except for the person that asked white people not to participate....ok. that makes sense
participate=partake

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Well I think we are starting to brush up on another topic here, but I will say that the reason for these stops comes back to the war on drugs which needs to be ended immediately, but since it isn't really tied to racism it is offtopic. I was just trying to point out that I am familiar with being profiled even though I am white (albeit for different reasons).

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

fair enough and agreed.
i feel i have been profiled as well.
im white but i suspect it has to do with all the artificial color i put in my skin...who knows though.

but agreed. the war on drugs bs needs to stop.
youre right though. thats for another chat.

edit on 5-12-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
our ancestors who died fighting to end slavery - all for nothing. our ancestors who died after the civil war, to create new laws that governed people fairly - all for nothing. our collective tax money, itself a form of slavery, to erect social programs to help the poor, without respect of color - all for nothing. in short, it's all one big fat lie, and now that the real power brokers are in debt to the american people to the tune of billions of dollars, they want to wipe us out in a race war.

i'm getting really ticked off.
edit on 5-12-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

White students and faculty participated in the walkout/protest but did not participate in the die-in. What's so complicated about this?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

White students and faculty participated in the walkout/protest but did not participate in the die-in. What's so complicated about this?

because einstein, white people die too! what's so complicated about THAT?@!!?!?!

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

are you acting like this on purpose?
they participated in one, but not the other.....
you said no one has ever asked a white person not to participate and in the very next line you give an example of a black person asking white people not to participate..

that is what is complicated about this...
this is an issue(brutality) that effects all people. not just black people.....that is what is complicated about this

if a white person told(asked) any black person/people not to participate with them, there would be hell to pay and you know it.
people(you too) would be all over it...the racism and the blah blah blah

thatis what is complicated about this

but you know that

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

The white people were still there they just didn't lie down as if dead.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

MAYBE SOMETHING (more outside the 3d? human perceptive peripheral) IS TARGETING THE HUMAN CONSCIOUSNESS to TEST its integrity COLLECTIVELY, possibly due to a conscious level of awareness approaching this old worlds ways.

Seriously...Your post sounds americentrism at its finest. I think these "Archons" would have had a better picture by now studying our collective acquiescence since the Fukushima meltdown on 11 March 2011. The whole planet got screwed!

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Ok and Michael Brown committed a crime right before his demise and also charged the police. He also assaulted Darren Wilson and attempted to take his gun.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

The white people were still there they just didn't lie down as if dead.

yes kali, i understand that.
the white people were asked not to participate in the die in.
being there and participating in the die in are 2 different things.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

What a mess, POOR WHITE KIDS are exactly what MLK was talking about too. I hate this and how it is going, my kids already feel like the minority and now this is only going to make things worse. I half expect the rioters to start killing innocent white teenagers to make their point.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Some people do get it...

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Pretty sure that's photoshopped...

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo
our ancestors who died fighting to end slavery - all for nothing. our ancestors who died after the civil war, to create new laws that governed people fairly - all for nothing. our collective tax money, itself a form of slavery, to erect social programs to help the poor, without respect of color - all for nothing. in short, it's all one big fat lie, and now that the real power brokers are in debt to the american people to the tune of billions of dollars, they want to wipe us out in a race war.

i'm getting really ticked off.

Can only star your post once. was not surprised to see who the poster was after reading it.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join