It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're white? Sorry, your support is not welcome.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Here's a little history on the Irish slave trade. Nothing to LOL at.

The Slaves That Time Forgot

The Irish slave trade began when James II sold 30,000 Irish prisoners as slaves to the New World. His Proclamation of 1625 required Irish political prisoners be sent overseas and sold to English settlers in the West Indies. By the mid 1600s, the Irish were the main slaves sold to Antigua and Montserrat. At that time, 70% of the total population of Montserrat were Irish slaves

Ireland quickly became the biggest source of human livestock for English merchants. The majority of the early slaves to the New World were actually white.

From 1641 to 1652, over 500,000 Irish were killed by the English and another 300,000 were sold as slaves. Ireland’s population fell from about 1,500,000 to 600,000 in one single decade

Source ---- Much more here

edit on 4-12-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The biggest problem Black People have had in the previous 100 years is not White People attacking them it's White People trying to help them.

I think it's high time we got past our newest American Utopian vision and realized the culture clashes are real and there are some you just can't make work.

Everyone will think this is Racist as hell, but I say that what i'm about to say comes from a place of actual heart for the culture... We should create a State where African Americans can be free (those that wish to be) from majority rule in this country because the TRUTH while we kiss their butts trying to "make it better" demographically they have been surpassed by Hispanics and at current rate of Progression Asians will surpass both Blacks and Hispanics maybe as soon as 20 years from now and African Americans are never going to have a culture they control or the ability in a majority rules nation to actually have their own culture, they are always going to have to live under rules mandated by other cultures and "some" will always be malcontent, feel helpless and victimized

I know Liberia was a nightmare in the end but it's a modern world, a location where African Americans who feel unhappy can govern themselves, done better, not separated on another continent or anything crazy but a place where White People don't get involved in local governance. Everything from Tenement Buildings to our legal system rubs a part of the culture the wrong way and turns bad, there is honestly nothing we have done that actual works for this culture, we are different and we need to realize that....I don't for the record believe race itself accounts for much of the difference if any, mainly culture, but obviously their experiences don't let them see eye to eye on a lot of issues...

There is a degree of TRUTH to the African Americans that say but out, you don't understand, don't help... when we do, like sending in cops one way or another we make things worse...

I think there are a lot of African Americans that wold want to stay mainstream in the American system, maybe most... But simultaneously, there is a portion of the African American community that wants to Live it's own destiny entirely, and that's okay so do a lot of Texans

I think this thread shows pretty clearly, there is a portion of African Americans (and I wont call it racist, people can preference their way of life) but they simply want to be left alone from White culture and wont be happy or relate well to the way others do things

Is this idea practical....ehhhh, expensive and difficult. But, if people cooperated it could be done... and while people will insist on more "White Ideas" for the problem, currently forced integration but all the good intentions wont change squat, African Americans... Look at the demographics, African immigrants don't bond with them, Asians and Latinos eclipse their numbers now, A lot of Caucasians feel uncomfortable even the ultra Liberals don't actually "get" them and just look stupid trying to...

Under a majority rules system they are being crushed out of existence, not by a few retarded cops, not even close... by simply not relating to the rest of the Nations ways... A people to themselves with the rights to build a society they can live in

These are the descendants of a people who have not had rule of themselves for hundreds of years...some, SOME a portion of the populations wants the freedom to rule themselves not be literally lost in the meting pot and many of them know it, by numbers and rules they can't relate to they are being destroyed at least in the form of having a culture distinct in America, There is no hope in a majority rules situation for those that want their own identity and culture

The ultimate reparation... not a crappy reservation, but an actual state

edit on 4-12-2014 by criticalhit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The blog post cited as inspiration in n the the OP articles has the following to say:

Solidarity is not meant to be comfortable. It is not shining light on yourself as ally at the expense of the oppressed who are demanding their counternarratives be centralized. It is understanding that your whiteness protects you from certain things which in turn prohibits you from participation in others, because at the end of the day, when you get tired of marching and chanting, you can put your hands down and feel confident that the police won’t see you as a threat.

So, according to this person, a white person will never be able to even step in t the shoes of a black person, much less walk any distance in them and so should not even be allowed try and demonstrate support.

The anarchists mentioned in the blog post are just as wrong as any of the looters who hit Ferguson.

And speaking of, this person seems to think that such action (rioting) is a legitimate form of protest:

I want to think that white people care about systemic racism. I want to think they are outraged by Mike Brown’s murder, that they are bursting with righteous anger and that they want to riot because the state of our country’s “criminal justice” system is unacceptable.

So because our country's criminal justice system is screwed up (on which point I actually agree), riots that burn down stores that serve the community are in order?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Well Alright then. If they want to cut their own throats so-to-speak by not accepting support from sympathetic parties, then that's their problem. Interestingly, I recently finished researching Machiavelli's "The Prince" and its effectiveness in application. So yeah; their hurting themselves.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnFisher

Accepting help from sympathetic parties would greatly benefit them as well as said sympathetic parties. It's the masses v the few. The masses should realize we're all in this big oppression stew together

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Dear Angry White People, The Ferguson Protest Was Not About You

Some of you decided to rage and whine on the Black Lives Matter protest Facebook group about how this was segregation, and how your life matters too, and how we should screw ourselves if we don't want to include you. Well said, angry white people. But in case you haven't realized, everything in the world is already about you.
Towards the end of the protest, you were asked nicely to move. A small act of kindness to let your fellow black protesters get a glance at the center (where many of couldn't see due to the large turnout). Some of us needed to see that center after such an emotionally charged day. After all, you had been standing there for 1 out of the 1.5 hour protest. I sincerely thank those who moved. Where I was located, as well as a few other spots, barely any white people budged. If you're having trouble with that, you either disliked having a black person tell you what to do, or you are so full of your white privilege that you didn't feel you needed to move. After all, you got there first, right?

My feeling is, Ferguson is their fight. I am an ally and I support them. But they have to rise up and make this happen. No one else can do it for them.

Police brutality in general is my fight. But in the cases of police targeting blacks, I don't have a dog in that race. I will cheer for them, but if they would prefer I step back, I'm going to step back. Not because they don't like white people, but because they are fighting for their lives and I respect them for that.

This is not about me. Or any white person.

This post deserves 100+ stars...

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

What is happening is this is part of a bigger picture of someone's desire to level the playing field and destroy the power of America because they perceive America as an evil colonial power. See the movie made by Dinesh DSouza about the anti-colonial ideas and agenda of people in power.

www.dineshdsouza.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Grovit
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

they may not hate you but it seems they dont want you as an ally.
youre the wrong color

And what proof do you have of that? They have said they DO want allies. They DO want support. I don't know what you're reading. DO you have a link to something that backs up your statement?

when talking about the brown case why do you keep saying he was killed for walking down the street?

I never said that. When he came in contact with the cop, he was walking down the street. Trying to compare that to a case where a naked guy was banging on the PD windows, high on hallucinogens, yelling at the cops is a different scenario entirely.

I'm just so tired of this argument. Neither of us is going to change our minds... Another "agree to disagree", I guess.

He was NOT just "walking down the street". He was in the middle of the street - which happens to be against the law - that is why Officer Wilson stopped him and his friend. Then he politely told them to get on the sidewalk. He was leaving when he realized they might be suspects in a robbery because he saw the cigars. That is when decisions made and MB lost his life. It's all in the fight vs obeying.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jheated5
I'm loving these bleeding heart liberals being lambasted by the people they're trying to support... Just shows how brain dead people like that can be.

If such a thing as a race war breaks out, say bye bye to black people in America, shooting themselves in the foot is right! Be careful what you wish for.....

Right.... We got Mexicans, Asians and other NON whites. Plus I'm sure the border will open up and we can finally say bye bye whitey..... And BTW you did not build this country... We did.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Love the Peace Train theme.... one of my favs from the 70's www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

Finally a solution.
2nd

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: 3u40r15m

How racist of you. I bet you enjoy crying about racism while being racist towards others. And no matter how you meant it, no matter what the "context" was supposed to be it's still racism. If this country wants to finally unite all racism has to stop.

Blacks helped build the country along with whites, Asians, natives. Everybody built the country and everybody's responsible for the shape it's in today.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3u40r15m

I'm loving these bleeding heart liberals being lambasted by the people they're trying to support... Just shows how brain dead people like that can be.

If such a thing as a race war breaks out, say bye bye to black people in America, shooting themselves in the foot is right! Be careful what you wish for.....

Right.... We got Mexicans, Asians and other NON whites. Plus I'm sure the border will open up and we can finally say bye bye whitey..... And BTW you did not build this country... We did.

Lokhu ezinye Bull#. Awukwazi ukulwa nokucwasa kanye nokucwasa.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: wanderingconfusion

Is that Polish?

More proof that America is a melting pot, I recall seeing the Irish, the English, the Germans, Italians, etc, etc arriving on Ellis Island to contribute to the growing economy. And one thing that springs to mind, the Chinese and the railroads in the West.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

YES she was, she LIED during the WATERGATE investigations as ACTIVITSTS ARE want to do.
Don't try to tell me what I saw is mistaken.
I'm both an effective critical thinker and a trained scout,I GOT that way from disgusting pukes who spit on my troops and WHITE people who were hall hung up on their skin like the pathetic BLACK people are today,just different end games that won't work either way.

You must not have READ much.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Absolutely. Don't get me wrong; we could be much worse off. We certainly aren't bad as many other countries, but those other countries aren't where we ought set the bar either. You're 100% right in your sentiment!

Unfortunately, there are many divisions among people. Divide and conquer. What threat do we pose to the powers that be if instead of uniting we direct our anger toward each-other? It is much easier for the powers that be to squash dissent if smaller demographics contend independently from each-other. Elitists are well aware of this. Academia and media are perverted to ensure these divisions. Labels... Many people are yet unaware the deceit and manipulation tactics, and many who are still underestimate the combined works of Niccolo Machiavelli, Edward Bernays, Ivan Pavlov, B. F. Skinner, Phillip Zimbardo, Sun Tzu, etc, and the many theories in communications too.

They just don't see it yet. While this is much more widespread than just one group of angry racists, this "whites need not join" group is a perfect example. Let's not be too hard on them.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ancient Champion

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Ancient Champion

From what i read on here so far it sounds like the protest are doomed to fail. Nothing will change from these protest.

And when it does fail, who do you think gets the blame?

The fools who don't want whites to help. MLK made a difference by protesting along side whites.

White people hated MLK....

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnFisher

Ah BF Skinner, he's someone people seem to have forgotten
Just as relevant as Pavlov imo. People are so controlled, so gullible, so easily herded.....and divided. People are no threat to the system if they're busy cursing the person next to them. They do whatever they can to distract us, divide us, and crush any ounce of true spirit, individuality and freedom people ever develop.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Ancient Champion

Many people today in the black community don't really have a clear idea of what MLK actually stood for. They just know he did a lot for them, but don't know how. MLK understood that the key to overcoming racism is to come together against it, not to push the other party away,

You're also full of #... MLK was a spokesman just like any other we have today like Jesse jackson, except now white people have been outnumbered in who will actually fight, and are more afraid of black people. But don't act like white people supported MLK. Because they didn't, they wanted to lynch him. Hence they assassinated him.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: wanderingconfusion

originally posted by: 3u40r15m

Lokhu ezinye Bull#. Awukwazi ukulwa nokucwasa kanye nokucwasa.

Bring it...

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join