It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're white? Sorry, your support is not welcome.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: eeyipes

Interesting take on that.......... The imagery sure wouldn't be productive, just provocative. I don't think that was the intent, but I wouldn't put it past some media outlets to use such imagery on both sides of the political spectrum.

Personally, I would take on all the allies I could in a situation such as that. You are trying to change society from a minority standpoint, you need all the help and support you can garner if you are to succeed.

Do Gay rights activists tell straight people, thanks but we don't really want you at this rally?

Do Native American activists eshew help from any other group for their causes?

Hell, Palestinians even allow Jews to stand with them in protests. If they can, surely anyone can.

I get the "you haven't walked in our shoes" feeling, I don't get the shunning of support from people solely based on their race, not their character. Shooting themselves in the foot as far as I can see. It doesn't help them.

To fight exclusion by excluding others seems ludicrous to me.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This is an Art symbolic movement, this speaks louder than words, I think this is a cool idea to begin with, no need for that "title" I believe.
Cool Post !!

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: oblvion
a reply to: oblvion

I guess open racism is fine against whites...
blacks cant protest here because this is a white issue

now all darkies get to the back

we dont want you seen amongst the whites

I SCREEN SHOTTED ALL THIS

DELETE ME ANND LEAVE THEIR COMMENTS, I FORWARD THIS TO THE NEWS FACEBOOK AND TWITTER!!!!!

Well. That escalated quickly.

Not Facebook...

Why get so angry ?

Intelligent people understand we are not equal when one group acts exclusively.

Now, it could of been one organizer that said Blacks in the Die Off.

People are angry. Their anger is misdirected.

But, when we start calling our own members racist.

It defeats the reason I enjoy spending time here.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

True there are more white people and WE like guns so more of US die by cops. But saying white people can help at arms length will KILL your movement...because we are still the majority.
As to my programming I was a soldier from the Cold War it was better than the electronic method that destroys your prefrontal cortex,like what is dumbing them down today.
FORTUNATELY I UNDERSTOOD much of what I saw from the news and what happened around me so I became mysanthopic due to effective critical thinking.
It NEVER worked well with most of popular cultures in the history of the US I lived through.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
You're bang on, the amount of hypocritical jibes and comments lately is just plain wrong, and when we voice our opinions on the matter, we get accuised of "whining on", well im getting to a point where my comments towards racist people wont be very p.c. everyone is equal, so everyone shall receive equal contempt!! As for oblivions outburst, it was only a mater of time before someone did it, some people just come on here to bait other people into arguments, then wonders why the s#@t hit the fan, or its how they get their kicks....sad fools!a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: billyvonhelvete

Sheer ignorance and that's all it is. One thread had people saying things over and over again. Some joke. Reverse the target and they would've been banned. In real life, sued or worse. As for the race baiters, they're pathetic and their tactics are in the open, they believe they're hidden.

Reverse the target, and like what happened to oblvion would happen again.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: oblvion
a reply to: oblvion

I guess open racism is fine against whites...
blacks cant protest here because this is a white issue

now all darkies get to the back

we dont want you seen amongst the whites

I SCREEN SHOTTED ALL THIS

DELETE ME ANND LEAVE THEIR COMMENTS, I FORWARD THIS TO THE NEWS FACEBOOK AND TWITTER!!!!!

Well. That escalated quickly.

Not Facebook...

Why get so angry ?

Intelligent people understand we are not equal when one group acts exclusively.

Now, it could of been one organizer that said Blacks in the Die Off.

People are angry. Their anger is misdirected.

But, when we start calling our own members racist.

It defeats the reason I enjoy spending time here.

Somebody had to point out the level of ridiculous that had been achieved in as non-inflammatory of a way as possible. Things had gotten so far removed that we weren't even in the same neighborhood as the ballpark anymore.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I have had some frustrating arguments with some of these same posters.

I learned, they just have a different opinions.

But, ATS is the only place I have found that demands civility.

That is Special to me. Challenging as well. I hate to see it devolve to "you're a racist".

On some other threads these posters are delightful.

edit on 4-12-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Too true, in another thread the other day, it got heated now and then, but it was a clean rational discussion, then one of the "baiters" started replys, completely killed it, and that been happening alot lately, yes, we all have opinions, but sooner or later these "baiters" either start snide comments or get personal with insults. Its about time they grew up up and let the adults talk......or shout at each other!lol! Im getting fed up with every thread turning into an us against them race war of words, when they start it, but get the hump when your rational point of view is shared by others, then we accuised of ganging up on them. Small minded fools.a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

White people are NOT being held at arms length, not at the actions discussed in the articles linked in the OP, not anywhere else that I've heard of anyway. Here in Boston tonight marks the 3rd major protest since Wilson walked, tonight is a direct response to Eric Garner's killer walking without an indictment and part of a continued response to cops killing unarmed black men. I'm home tonight because I'm sick but I can tell you firsthand that there have been as many white people as black and zero resentment, zero tension, and this is the first time (second link in the OP) I've heard of anyone asking white protesters to not do hands up and the person making the request was a white woman... all the people that walked out last Monday must not have gotten the memo because all colors participated in the die and all colors formed a circle around them.

I've also watched live streams from around the country and all colors have marched and blocked traffic and done sit-ins and die-ins... no racial tension at all. But I can also tell you this because this is just how us white activists are... if any black fellow activist had asked us to back off a die-in or not put our hands up as we all protested together, none of us would have a problem honoring that. If they had felt they needed to make a statement by only black people doing the die-in, we'd have perfectly understood because these protests are specifically about the black lives lost to police violence and acknowledging that police violence disproportionately affects black people.

Someone is race baiting all right, but it's not us.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

So if white people asked the same of black people would you have a problem?

These "protestors" want change and they're part of the problem. Unity is change, not one-sided "I'm the victim!!!!!"

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

So if white people asked the same of black people would you have a problem?

These "protestors" want change and they're part of the problem. Unity is change, not one-sided "I'm the victim!!!!!"

It was a dumb thing to do I think. To instruct anyone by color.

When they are done being angry. Maybe they will realize how ridiculous it sounded.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

If it were a 'white issue' and black people showed up to support and we asked them to just observe an action? I don't think they'd have a problem doing that either. Protesters/activists generally speak the same language, we get each other, we respect the hell out of each other... I can't imagine the white people participating feeling unwanted at all. It utterly baffles me that such a fuss is being made of this.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I think people would scream racism over that. This entire debacle is derived from the fact that people are trying to expose racism in this country, while being guilty of the same elitism they claim they're fighting against. It's ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I don't think anyone would scream racism over it... it would be silly to do so.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

There was a case recently where a black guy cried racism over the cops stopping him because he had his hands in his pockets. Turned out, the cop stopped him because business owners felt nervous due to him walking by and staring in at least 7 times.

If racism is blamed over something as simple and routine as that, it will most certainly be blamed if something like that happened.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: intrptr

Those hippies are running the education system now.

What education system? The one that turns out cannon fodder?

The hippies you speak of hung on Height Street, not in Universities.

They are blamed for all the ills then and now just like the "communists".

Cold War rhetoric.

Nope. The hippies that used to hang out on Height Street now run academia and the government and media and still spew their same crap, just in a business suit.

I lived through it. Which "hippies" are in charge now? Lets hear some names…

All the hippies are dead, lol.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Sorry Hillarie and her ILK ARE whom I speak of legal,sociology and science are completely glutted.

Hillary wasnt a "Hippie". Summmer of love, Wood stock, Kent State, Tune in turn on and drop out? Far from it. Don't confuse everyone from the Hippie era with "hippies".

The people that are called Hippies today were the ones protesting against the Vietnam war, against Nixon and against Civili rights violations. Kent State, The Chicago 7? Summer of Love? Those were "hippies".

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

It appears that the song White Christmas has now become offensive to some.

Social media lit up Wednesday evening with complaints about former Hootie & the Blowfish lead singer Darius Rucker performing "White Christmas" at the annual Christmas tree lighting ceremony at New York City's Rockefeller Square.

The ceremony went ahead under police protection, and Rucker performed "White Christmas," a classic written by a Jewish immigrant, Irving Berlin. The song refers to snow, not to race, in recalling a traditional Christmas scene.

Critics, however, believed that the mere reference to the color "white" by a black singer in the throes of a racially-charged controversy was offensive and suggested a contempt for the feelings of other black people.

source

Kali,
You mean as silly as protesting a black man singing the song White Christmas? It has happened, and it would happen. Being naive does not change that fact....unfortunately. I wish it did, I personally don't give a rats tail about a persons skin color any more than I do about the state in which they were born. Neither of which they had any control over when they were born. That, my dear, is the crux of the matter. Segregating and protesting something based upon a characteristic that someone had no control over when born is unfair to everyone. Each should be judged upon their deeds and not their status or some uncontrollable aspect of their life.

(Hmmm... where have I heard that mentioned before?)

edit on 12/4/2014 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Funny, some people would call that window shopping. I do it all the time. "Do I spend the money or don't spend the money, I really want it but do I really need it?".

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join