It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pope says christian fundies no better than isis

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: blackthorne

The Popes right.
/

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Sure because of the western secular movement, the renaissance and enlightenment, prompted by the freemasons (that still needed two centuries for the west to stop enslaving Africans and murdering Indians) the west ONLY NOW is too secular to let religion run amuck.

But BEFORE THAT TIME the “Christians” were responsible for more murders and genocides than anybody in history.

Just think of the numbers of Africans and Native Americans who were slaughtered by the Christian civilizations until secularism took over.

And even then the secular Hitler did his thing on everybody.
The pope is right though it is the idea that God ONLY LOVES MY RELIIGON that is the source of religous insanity

And that is widespread in evangelicalism

If they didn't have this secular power they would run amuck just like ISIS

It only takes a lunitic leader to use cultic methods and he can have people killing everybody becasue remember GOD ONLY LOVES THEIR CULT

edit on 4-12-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
If you want to see the full effects of Christian Fundamentalism look no further than the wonderful documentary, "God Loves Uganda". In my opinion it is significantly worse than anything ISIS could ever come up with. Also "our" religious fundamentalists have been at it significantly longer. Suure.... They aren't as in your face as cutting someones head off. Which probably makes them even more dangerous. If you refuse to learn, adapt and change based off of notions of faith or whatever sermon you heard last week, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM! No scientific method or heated debates required. Sadly no fundamentalists ever think any of this pertains to them. It's always the other group. I think any and every fundamentalist group is batty. Even in our world, the "conspiracy fundamentalists" are out of their freakin minds. I cant tell you how many people I know talk to me about things like UFO's and Moon bases etc as absolute fact. They drive me as crazy as any of the other groups. Anyone that doesn't use words like - if, theoretically, Possibly, or Maybe they are probably not in the know and you should be wise to take what you are being told with a grain of salt. Very few people actually do this any more. IMO

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: Klassified

Please Klassi, please tell me you don't mean this.

It just crushes my spirit to read what people say, hard to come back here day after day.

I wasn't going to say anything but I like you and was shocked you took it to this level.

Oh, they mean it.

The hatred of Christians and Jews is increasing all over the world. In this thread alone, these "ATS members" are accusing their neighbors and fellow citizens who have done nothing to them of "secretly wanting to murder" those they don't religiously agree with. 25% of Americans regularly attend Christian religious services in this country and even more identify themselves as Christians. Are YOUR Neighbors and fellow citizens YOUR Enemy? What the hell is wrong with your minds?

They have no idea how freeking full of hate they are and those that do are promoting and projecting some "murder fantasy" Christians are secret monsters theme.

They have the nerve to call Christians "haters". LOL the Hippocrates are out in FORCE today.

edit on 4-12-2014 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I'm done, see ya ATS, just to sad and negative here.
edit on 053131p://bThursday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Backwards thinking creates fundamentalism, which creates the murder and bloodshed that religion is so infamous for. It is all related. With proper education in the sciences, people like this wouldn't exist to spread their hate.

and evolution created a humanity that was nothing more than animals, leading to Stalin Hitler Mao and Pol Pot.
www.conservapedia.com...

Oh and eugenics

This pope will see Christians who question his church treated like terrorists one day, I am sure of it

People bang on about how bad religion is, how evil Christianity is and this bloke is the leader of the church that instigated all that evil.

Are people that gullible, seriously? This guy isnt a leader, he is the painted face of the pig.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Nobody is saying all Christian fundamentalist will kill everybody given a chance.
In fact as there are decent Muslim fundamentalist who would never act like ISIS,
there are decent Christian fundamentalist who would never act like the Westboro Baptist church.

The point is that these kinds of militant crazies CAN spring from a religious ethic of extreme sectarianism that often comes from religion.
That’s all the pope was saying.

Were talking about a sectarian group like the Westboro Baptist or the Christian movement that springs from Christian fundamentalism just like ISIS sprung from Islamic fundamentalism

Sure they aren’t nearly as bad as ISIS but that’s ONLY because of the victory of secular philosophy over religious dogma.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

You're taking this personal.

You are, im sure, a good christian who would never do any one any harm and follows the best of you're religon, but there are fundamentalist in your religion who will and have dome people harm. Those are the ones people are talking about... They are the vast minority.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
You're taking this personal. You are, im sure, a good christian who would never do any one any harm and follows the best of you're religon, but there are fundamentalist in your religion who will and have dome people harm. Those are the ones people are talking about... They are the vast minority.

I wonder if this is actually about the Pope's storm troopers who are responsible for infiltrating most religions...

I suspect that the real conspiracy here is the Jesuit infiltration of Christianity.

Jesuits have always been hiding behind the scenes seeking to destroy the true Church.

Not to mention all of the other atrocities such as wars and inquisitions that Jesuit agents have instigated.

It's not without reason that the Jesuits have been expelled from virtually every country on the planet.

...the goal is to infiltrate it with their compromising philosophies and attempt to destroy the Church from within."

"What if there were people within the various Churches of God who covertly were guiding the members to slowly accept new ideas which are alien to the true faith and who were dedicated to destroying that faith at all costs?" JESUIT-JEDI MINDTRICKS

...most of our institutions are infiltrated and run by racists, satanists, perverts and criminals, often masquerading as devout and God-fearing Christians.

Did the Illuminati Exterminate Canadian Indian Children?

In the late forties the Illuminati wanted to infiltrate the churches because they understood the power of God within the structure of the church, and they had to find a way to infiltrate the church to break down that spiritual strength within the church, the power of the holy spirit that works within the church. They had to find a way to infiltrate that, and they wanted to bring the world into the churches so that the churches wouldn't be so strong spiritually. That was part of my father's job.

The method the illuminati used to infiltrate the organized church

What if I were to tell you, that there is a vast Satanic conspiracy to deceive the masses of every society on earth? What if I were to tell you that the top leaders of the world’s religions were in league with the Devil? Would you think I’m crazy? I would! Yet, the truth is stranger than fiction! You have been lied to my friend. Few people in the world today are aware of just how much Satan has infiltrated organized religion. Link

The Vatican has infiltrated, or neutered and spayed, virtually every denomination and organization in Christendom. Various means have been used, but Opus Dei has played a major role in this. I am fully persuaded that Opus Dei and the Jesuits have already planted many of their agents in Baptist and Fundamental churches and schools.

OPUS DEI-- War on Protestantism

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Tell THAT to OLARU...

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

More than 250,000 Christians have fled Northern Iraq amidst ISIS persecution.
www.jpost.com...

Christian persecution at 'biblical proportions'
www.foxnews.com...

the 2014 World Watch List of the most dangerous places for Christians to live.
www.worldwatchlist.us...

China: Anti-Christian persecution intensifies
www.indcatholicnews.com...

www.gatestoneinstitute.org...

a sign of the times I guess

Yes it is.

This was all predicted. Why did everyone hate Jesus? He said all his followers would be hated because of Him.

Yet the Vatican is pushing for Chrislam. And everyone loves the Pope.

It boggles my mind that I am seeing people compare beheadings and mass murder with those that have different beliefs.

And some would rather just execute the Christians now.

It is coming. You can see it in this thread. Amazing this was all foretold 2000 years ago.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Backwards thinking creates fundamentalism, which creates the murder and bloodshed that religion is so infamous for. It is all related. With proper education in the sciences, people like this wouldn't exist to spread their hate.

and evolution created a humanity that was nothing more than animals, leading to Stalin Hitler Mao and Pol Pot.
www.conservapedia.com...

Oh and eugenics

This pope will see Christians who question his church treated like terrorists one day, I am sure of it

People bang on about how bad religion is, how evil Christianity is and this bloke is the leader of the church that instigated all that evil.

Are people that gullible, seriously? This guy isnt a leader, he is the painted face of the pig.

Exactly!

Hate to see stormdancer777 leave but I understand. The venom that comes out in these threads is amazing.

I don't debate in the religious threads because I feel it is pointless. All I do is state my side, because I'll be damned if I wont respond to defend my Savior. But then I move on.

There are many other things on this site I learn from.

Peace
Steve

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I seem to remember our own President George Bush telling Americans that God wanted him to declare war on and attack Iran. Should I go looking for photos to post of the masses of dead women and children that our Christian President proudly claimed responsibility for?

You're right. He referred to it as a crusade, word very clearly understood by fundamentalist CHristians and by Muslims of all sorts to mean a holy war based on religion.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

This was all predicted. Why did everyone hate Jesus? He said all his followers would be hated because of Him.

Uh..there's zero contemporaneous documentation (ie. historical evidence) proving that Jesus ever lived let alone was hated by everyone. It's like claiming that Frodo was hated by all the other hobbits. Pure silliness.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Following Paul is interesting. Because that interpretation, which our family was prone to considering Paul's supposed support for slavery and misogyny, is a division amongst many Christians. However that interpretation of Paul is also fundamental or literal when he was gnostic and therefore metaphor. Though possibly still old school misogynist OR the Church made him appear that way. Paul was a gnostic, and the message is about being Christed. Achieving Higher Mind.

There is a difference between fundamentalism and ISIS. I don't see renegade bands of Christians, fundamental or otherwise, taking over sections of territory and holding thousands of people hostage, possibly millions and beheading whomever they wish.

In fact they wouldn't be Christian, fundamental or gnostic, if they did.

So, not really in agreement with Rome or the massive hypocrisy of the Church's secrecy, extortion with tithings, and sitting on the wealth needed to provide land, crops, wells, water, atlernative energy and survival for all the world. At least, the Church, Royals and Rothschild's would restore justice to this earth and they should all be in jail, they're extremely evil.
edit on 4-12-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Christians DID DO THAT in earlier times. So you are just forgetting that Christians genocide Native Americans, enslave millions of Africans, and just because they got away with it can be forgotten.

Even genocided the Gnostic Cathars, the first recorded genocide in European history.

The Euro Christians DID EVERYTHING ISIS IS DOING NOW AND MORE

SO what are you talking about?

Just because were talking about time and different eras you want to dismiss history as if there is no legacy of King Loepold WORKING 10 MILLLION BLACK AFRICANS TO DEATH!

But God doesn’t forget

'King Leopold's Ghost': Genocide With Spin Control

Under the reign of terror instituted by King Leopold II of Belgium (who ran the Congo Free State as his personal fief from 1885 to 1908), the population of the Congo was reduced by half -- as many as 8 million Africans (perhaps even 10 million, in Hochschild's opinion) lost their lives.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Um, no they actually didn't. It wasn't exactly under a theocracy. More control by elites, ie. they weren't even allowed by law to read the scriptures for centuries, and the ones who went overseas, were what I call mercenaries. Not Christian soldiers. The settlers were often the poor who got land, and some were criminals like the Australians.

Theocracy is a whole different ballgame.

Will say this however, the primitive past, needs to stay in the past.

This is today we're talking and everyone has read the bible and walking in Christ's footsteps change everything, even literal.

As for Paul:

Tons here:

www.spiritofthescripture.com...

wicca.com...

1. Josephus Flavius, a famous first century historian, records that "there were three (Jewish) sects, the Pharisees, Sadducees, and Essenes." The Bible makes no mention of the Essenes, but agrees there were indeed three main sects in that time... the Pharisees, Sadducees and Christians.

2. In the writings of Josephus, he gives a lengthy description of the Essenes and their customs. Josephus wrote that the Essenes were a very unique sect... and there were no others like them! Yet the Bible records followers of the early Christian church observing the exact same "unique" customs that the Essenes did.

This is even an interesting association:

www.nazoreans.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackthorne
i love this new pope! first, he is actually following christ as opposed to paul. now this!

www.addictinginfo.org...

what do you think? consider that we have on this site a thread about a pastor calling for genocide of gays, he has a point!

The Pope and the Vatican openly worships Lucifer. If you don't understand Latin, then type the words in google for a translation.

So....... this Pope is cool, huh? I don't think so.

Check out the enclosed Youtube film of the Vatican and the Pope worshipping Satan and this was on TV!!

www.youtube.com...
edit on 4-12-2014 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

The pilgrims and setters murderd the heathen based on what?

Felt superior to the natives based on what?

They were prettier?

No, the Bible said they could destroy these people! Or at least their twisted interpretation of it.

No on is peddling the past but any wisdom will tell you the present is made up of the past.

If the past wasn’t important then why does the scriptures primarily instruct on past events.

It does that to illustrate the constancy of the archetype.

So people won’t come and say “look what these are doing, its unique.” ISIS is a isolated event in history”

Nothing is further from the truth.

As if Hitler and the Klan and the pilgrims was thousands of years ago

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Of course everyone who talks the truth worships Lucifer. Instead of realizing and seeing the flaws in fundamentalism in general
all I see is offended christians who argue about which religions fundamentalists are the worse.
When the discussion is about serious issues of their religion, the christian persecution syndrome awakens often followed by prophecies of the end times.
Somehow they are always the victims.
That's the biggest issue with religious people, no room for sense in discussion.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join