It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pope says christian fundies no better than isis

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

The Pope and the Vatican openly worships Lucifer. If you don't understand Latin, then type the words in google for a translation.

What words?

So....... this Pope is cool, huh? I don't think so.

you are free think that,

I think this Pope is a legend and keeps raising his status in my books with some of the comments he has made,

He seems very Christ like, pretty much F the establishment and how what I say might offend my own followers or brothers and sisters, he speaks from the heart and mind of a saint in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Actually I did know all this, but thanks for pointing that out. It proves my point even better. Their ideology isn't even an OLD ideology, but they pretend like their beliefs have always been the case. Denying that Christianity, Islam, and Judaism all came from the same source, is denying reality. They all worship the same god with the same(ish) religious texts. And even before that, the Abrahamic religions all stole from older, pagan religions to complete their beliefs. Only the oldest religions in the world are the purest ones.

Your saying some thing does make it true. Judaism, Christianity and Islam are not the same by any stretch of the imagination. That shows me exactly what you do not know. It is true that some of their core claims are somewhat the same is not to say that their gods are the same. You need a good teacher to show you the differences. Re read the five Fundamentals of Christianity and then try to apply them to Islam and Judaic thought. You will then see it is impossible. All three are three separate ideologies with all three having their own disagreements among themselves.

Prior to the early 1900's the age of the world was determined by Torah. Did you know that? That is not very far from where you stand today is it? It was about 1907 that radiometric dating became published and accepted. But radiometric dating is not confirmed as true but only manipulated and accepted in selected cases. The reason I say this is that almost all of theoretical science is imagined from radiometric dating and is only accepted by the club mentality as being absolute. That is not true and never has been true. You nor any other member of your science club can prove 65 million years ago ever existed 65 million years ago. Your science is no better than theology in that respect and requires no more critical thinking than does theology. You have been brain washed into believing that your science (whatever that means) is absolute and only consists of critical thinkers. This is one reason that America has dropped to 21st or 22nd second place in the math and sciences. Face fact and get off the science word. Both have their place and both entail critical thinkers.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede
Your saying some thing does make it true. Judaism, Christianity and Islam are not the same by any stretch of the imagination. That shows me exactly what you do not know. It is true that some of their core claims are somewhat the same is not to say that their gods are the same. You need a good teacher to show you the differences. Re read the five Fundamentals of Christianity and then try to apply them to Islam and Judaic thought. You will then see it is impossible. All three are three separate ideologies with all three having their own disagreements among themselves.

Cognitive dissonance. There is a reason they are called the "Abrahamic religions". Funnily enough people like you who perpetuate the myth that they aren't the same god are one of the reasons that Muslims and Christians can't come together and be peaceful. They all get many of their core beliefs from Zoroastrianism in any case.

Prior to the early 1900's the age of the world was determined by Torah. Did you know that? That is not very far from where you stand today is it? It was about 1907 that radiometric dating became published and accepted. But radiometric dating is not confirmed as true but only manipulated and accepted in selected cases. The reason I say this is that almost all of theoretical science is imagined from radiometric dating and is only accepted by the club mentality as being absolute. That is not true and never has been true. You nor any other member of your science club can prove 65 million years ago ever existed 65 million years ago. Your science is no better than theology in that respect and requires no more critical thinking than does theology. You have been brain washed into believing that your science (whatever that means) is absolute and only consists of critical thinkers. This is one reason that America has dropped to 21st or 22nd second place in the math and sciences. Face fact and get off the science word. Both have their place and both entail critical thinkers.

Yea yea, the old "radiometric dating is unreliable" tripe. There is plenty of corroborating proof that radiometric dating is reliable. Especially for some of the more reliable isotopes. Produce some evidence that radiometric dating is unreliable. Saying it is so, doesn't make it the case.

In fact the only people saying it isn't accurate, are the very Christian fundies that we are talking about. I thought you just said that you weren't a fundie?

Radiometric Dating Does Work!
edit on 8-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Christian Terrorism is alive and strong.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
There is only one God, and Christians, Muslims and Jews all worship this God. How we worship and how we discern our various scripture obviously differs. Allah is my God too, imagine that.

a reply to: Seede

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

There is only one God, and Christians, Muslims and Jews all worship this God. How we worship and how we discern our various scripture obviously differs. Allah is my God too, imagine that.

Yes I agree that there is only one God. There are also Christian Jews who do agree with Christianity and worship the same God of Christ Jesus. Because some are brothers of others do not mean that their gods are the same. You need some education in that particular field of theology because neither Islam or rabbinic Judaic belief will confess the Christ as being Jesus or that Jesus' God is their god. To confess Jesus as the Christ one must accept His covenant and none of either Islam or rabbinic Judaism will accept His covenant.

Islam and Judaism will profess Jesus as a human who may have existed but not as divinity. Without Christ Jesus you can have no portion with His God. They are one and cannot be separated. To deny Jesus as the only begotten is to deny His Father as is taught in the NT. You are theologically wrong in your understanding and do not understand His doctrine at all.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ignatian

That's quite a claim (ie. there is only one God). Can you prove it? Is that God named Odin or Cernunos or Isis?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

a reply to: Ignatian

Yes I agree that there is only one God. ...

How do you know there's only one? I can name many. How do you know there are any?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I wonder what is peoples definition of the divine?
And don't say God

Also what is the meaning of the one God concept

Is it literal or does it have to do with unity?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

I enclosed a Youtube presentation of the Vatican in the middle of them as they worshipped Lucifer afterwards they said AMEN.

The worship they gave stated Lucifer was the father of Jesus Christ.

Did you review this? If not I suggest you take the five minutes to do so.

A spiritual journey travels in one direction.

If you are of Christian faith you know this is false worship.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I know there is a God from personal experience. To think there is no God, is unreasonable. To think there is more than one is illogical.
a reply to: Tangerine

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I wonder what is peoples definition of the divine? And don't say God Also what is the meaning of the one God concept Is it literal or does it have to do with unity?

One God concept is monotheistic theology. Most all of the world in past days embraced polytheistic gods (more than one god). The Roman empire embraced many gods and that is now the door way that the pope is opening today with his unification proclamation. It is clear that America has moved into the same mindset as the Old Roman Empire. The pope has his agenda the same as any religion and that is to embrace as many people as he can.

The world is now moving into a different mindset. The new age movement is not the old mindset of denominations and money schemes. It has developed into a spiritual concept of afterlife consciousness with no ties to any physicality whatsoever. In this mindset everyone is a winner in the end. Divinity is no longer a entity but is consciousness. In other words a bodiless existence of knowledge and bliss. This concept is the new afterlife with no boundaries afforded to life. It is still theology.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Did you review this? If not I suggest you take the five minutes to do so.

No thanks I am what one would stubborn and close minded in thinking there are infinite ways, not

A spiritual journey travels in one direction.

So I wouldn't waste my time on what I consider stinks and would make me sick.

If you are of Christian faith you know this is false worship.

I could say I am but none of the 22000 or how ever many sects of Christianity there are would fully agree with my views.

I have watched and read too many other opinions of truth in my life to know there is only personal truth that can be reached in any number of ways.

The best way is try and unite, but when comments are made such as the poster Ignatian made further up on this page you see the ones that want to keep us separated come out and talk of educating oneself and what not.

Coming close to understanding God or the concept of God and humans meeting other beings in the universe will only be understood when unity is formed on this one planet by us one species of Human.

Its so simple in my eyes, the answer that so may seek yet pointing out unity gets met with such defense and defiance.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

How do you know there's only one? I can name many. How do you know there are any?

How do you know that I do not know? I know what I know because I know what I know. Can you say the same? If you can then I can not prove what you know anymore than you can disprove what I know.

All knowledge is not provable knowledge. Some knowledge is hidden from the prudent and those who think they are wise.
Your knowledge is from other people's thoughts such as books and films of all sorts but my knowledge is also from God as well as books and films of all sorts. To prove God to you is not mine to give. You must prove God to yourself by God and not any other way. You can start your journey by understanding the doctrine of Christ Jesus. That is what I know.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

How do you know that I do not know? I know what I know because I know what I know. Can you say the same? If you can then I can not prove what you know anymore than you can disprove what I know.

All knowledge is not provable knowledge. Some knowledge is hidden from the prudent and those who think they are wise.
Your knowledge is from other people's thoughts such as books and films of all sorts but my knowledge is also from God as well as books and films of all sorts. To prove God to you is not mine to give. You must prove God to yourself by God and not any other way. You can start your journey by understanding the doctrine of Christ Jesus. That is what I know.

In other words, it's your belief. Thought so. This may come as a shock to you, but beliefs are not facts and there is absolutely no reason why we should take your beliefs as facts. No, I don't need to prove God to myself. That's another of your beliefs. The doctrine of men written by men who didn't even live when Jesus allegedly lived and never heard him say anything isn't very convincing. Essentially, you want us to worship you. No thanks.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ignatian
I know there is a God from personal experience. To think there is no God, is unreasonable. To think there is more than one is illogical.

I'm guessing that your personal experience didn't produce an iota of testable evidence. Your definitions of unreasonable and illogical serve your ego. Sorry, but I'm not interested in worshipping you, the all-knowing, which is what this is really all about. When you come up with some testable evidence to prove your claims, share it.

edit on 9-12-2014 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

In other words, it's your belief. Thought so. This may come as a shock to you, but beliefs are not facts and there is absolutely no reason why we should take your beliefs as facts. No, I don't need to prove God to myself. That's another of your beliefs. The doctrine of men written by men who didn't even live when Jesus allegedly lived and never heard him say anything isn't very convincing. Essentially, you want us to worship you. No thanks.

Yes, Finally you have understood what theology really is. Only proves that you are not completely dense. When you read a post it would do you well to try to focus on what is being written instead of defending your own ideologies. I have repeatedly explained that Theology can never be proven. Once proven it is no longer theology the same as any theoretical scientific proposition follows the same method. There is no Christian who has ever claimed that he or she can present God to any living person. You know better than to even entertain that sort of an argument. Complete foolishness.

It would also serve you well to read the KJV bible before you continue to show your ignorance in Christian theology. The majority text of the NT of most all Christian bibles were letters written by one man who theologically met Jesus and did live in His life span. As far as worship is concerned, that is your choice and i hope you eventually will make the right choice just the same as I hope that I make the right choice but I shall never depend upon science to give me eternal life that is for sure.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
It's not about me brother, i'm just relaying what 1/5 the earth's population believe. The first reaction to truth is anger. Yours drips from your posts. Peace!

"to a nonbeliever, no evidence is adequate, to a believer, no evidence is necessary"

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
St Paul never personally met Jesus, in person. That's in the Bible :-))

You might want to research what the word "theology" means. Your usage in text is quite strange.

Christians invented science!! Why do you ignore science? It's not a naughty word. Science is beautiful and further enhances our understanding of God's awesome creation. Follow truth wherever it leads you. Humility beckons one to open their eyes to Truth. Have an open mind, but don't let your brain and common sense spill out in the process. If science tells us the earth is X-billion years old, question your preconceived notions brother. Reason and Faith always dance together.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I believe 2 + 2= 4. Do you? Is this a fact, or merely a belief?

Objective Truth...Subjective Truth. Some things are true everywhere, for everyone, all the time. If you don't believe 2 and 2 are 4, I'd never convince you otherwise.

You do believe there are unarguable facts right?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join