It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona pastor predicts ‘AIDS-free Christmas’ if all gays are killed, as God commands

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

Another one from the "you just can't make this **** up" department....

A Baptist pastor in Tempe, Arizona called for the mass extermination of LGBT people on Sunday in a sermon entitled “AIDS: The Judgement of God.”

In the sermon, which was uploaded to YouTube on Monday from Faithful Word Baptist Church, Pastor Steven Anderson said that God has ordered in the scriptures that gays should be killed, and that if humanity wants to have an “AIDS-free world by Christmas,” he said, that’s what should be done.

“Turn to Leviticus 20:13,” he says in the video, “because I actually discovered the cure for AIDS.”

I wonder how many of his parishioners he can round up to start "the killin". They better get to work if they expect to killem all by Christmas.

“And that, my friend, is the cure for AIDS,” he said. “It was right there in the Bible all along — and they’re out spending billions of dollars in research and testing. It’s curable — right there. Because if you executed the homos like God recommends, you wouldn’t have all this aids running rampant.

Other sermons from Faithful Word have included a meditation on the evils of allowing women to speak in church and a lengthy discourse on the lying, evil ways of Jewish people.

I had a feeling that the good pastor would get around to the Jews sooner or later.

edit on 3-12-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-12-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Christian extremism at its finest.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I wonder what he is hiding ? I bet if you were to follow him around you would find him doing things that he is speaking against in his sermons.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I have an NLBS episode already written about this guy. The fundamentally toxic Christiantity explains Independent Fundamental Baptists pretty well. They are a pretty extreme bunch. Check for the episode coming soon :-)
edit on 3-12-2014 by theNLBS because: (no reason given)

link   
Wow, this might be even worse than WBC, at least they didn't call for genocide.

This is a perfect example of what religion can do to the mind. Isn't inciting violence against the law?

link   
Theres nothing in the book ive read that says anything to this effect........

Infact everything ive read says the exact opposite.........

Maybe he should actually learn that damn thing.............

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Thank you.

That's quite a refreshing comment. Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

No way. How is that guy for real? He says a genocide for Christmas is what god wants? Where am I? What time is it? Are we picking slightly different groups amongst the neighbours we're supposed to love, to sacrifice them to our rainmakers? Is that satire?
I bet he's a creationist, I never liked them. Let's go get them. Come on, it is Christmas!

link   

What, you mean actually open up and then read the bible? What makes you think he can even do that? He's too busy shouting his version of it about. He's not going to learn something and then be forced to go back on his hatred!

link   
Calling for the deaths of "sinners" in the name of God is justified from their perspective. Why not? They're going to hell anyway.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

That "preacher" is a waste of DNA and an oxygen thief. I agree, he obviously didn't read his own manual.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
and people wonder Why there are so many atheists (rolls eyes)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

There are some sects of Christianity that are very, very dark.

A pseudo-family member of mine subscribed to one of these systems of belief. Before his death, he admitted that the only things he had ever prayed for was suffering, and he hoped that would please his "God."

Much more to that story, but these sects tend to focus on other groups of Christians more than any other group.

The pastor from the OP doesn't seem to know the tenets of his own faith, like so many.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Calling for the deaths of "sinners" in the name of God is justified from their perspective. Why not? They're going to hell anyway.

You see, that's where I think the logical fallacy of their position comes in. If they believe in a god and in a hell and that god puts sinners in hell for eternal punishment, then why even bother to punish them now? They are going to get it in the end anyway, right? IMHO they do this because deep in their own minds, they understand that its not real and there is no eternal lake of fire and so they subconsciously try to get their punches in now, on the earth.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
And we wonder why there is such a division between people in America.

Pastor Steven Anderson isn't an isolated case; there are many neoNazi's in America that feel exactly the same way.

And it's not just the religious that preach hate; it also has a political component; evident right here on the boards of ATS.
edit on 3-12-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I'm sure his boyfriend doesnt appreciate this one bit.

Also, straight people get AIDS, argument invalid.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It's weird, I've read the bible more than a few times and I always see a passage that says "Love thy neighbor".

Not "Love thy neighbor unless he's a homosexual, then kill him."

Huh, I wonder what book he's reading, it's not any bible I've heard of.
edit on 3-12-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

A pseudo-family member of mine subscribed to one of these systems of belief. Before his death, he admitted that the only things he had ever prayed for was suffering, and he hoped that would please his "God."

Sounds like he'd fit better with the Cuthulu worshipers.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

There are some sects of Christianity that are very, very dark.

Much more to that story, but these sects tend to focus on other groups of Christians more than any other group.

The pastor from the OP doesn't seem to know the tenets of his own faith, like so many.

Was this pseudo-family member of yours a member of a cult of Satanists? Or perhaps a member of the IRS?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Actually, what this verse of scripture says is:

"And if a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

I don't see how just killing gays will stop AIDS , but then I don't even agree with a lot of things in Shria Law either.
In MHO, there is much in common with both the conservative Christians and the conservative Muslims.
But the main problem I have is the question about both of them doing "right in the eyes of God".

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join