It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

pope says christian fundies no better than isis

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:41 AM

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

originally posted by: blackthorne
i love this new pope! first, he is actually following christ as opposed to paul. now this!

what do you think? consider that we have on this site a thread about a pastor calling for genocide of gays, he has a point!

The Pope and the Vatican openly worships Lucifer. If you don't understand Latin, then type the words in google for a translation.

So....... this Pope is cool, huh? I don't think so.

Check out the enclosed Youtube film of the Vatican and the Pope worshipping Satan and this was on TV!!

Where did you get your education in Latin? Oh, from a YouTube.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:53 AM
First off, Lucivar means bringer of light, and was used to refer to Christ as well in the old bible. Secondly, as I posted, the us is one of the most fundamentalist Christian nations in the world, and we regularly kill people all over the world, and are responsible for more wars since ww2 than any other nation.

edit on 5-12-2014 by pexx421 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:38 AM
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

"Collateral damage" doesn't count as a genocide.

Winword didnt use the word, you did.

About Collateral damage...obfuscation

Also during the 1991 Gulf War, Coalition forces used the phrase 'collateral damage' to describe the killing of civilians in attacks on legitimate military targets. According to Scottish linguist Deborah Cameron,[11] "the classic Orwellian argument for finding this usage objectionable would be that
it is jargon, and to the extent that people cannot decode it, it conceals what is actually going on;
it is a euphemism; abstract, agentless and affectless, so that even if people succeed in associating it with a real act or event they will be insulated from any feeling of repulsion and moral outrage".

Did you miss the context

God = attack Iran = Moral justification = mass dead

Does that make it easier for you?

edit on 5-12-2014 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: spelling

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:43 AM
a reply to: blackthorne

Many Christian Churches needs to STOP teaching the wrong worship. Jesus is NOT God, never claimed to be and is NOT to be worshiped in any form.

The Papal Chair/Vatican are an organization that has no business in Christianity to begin with.
They only ran with the Christ/Messiah & Mary/Madonna & Child theme when it proved to be lucrative. Both of which are blasphemous to have worshiped as beings and especially in idol form. Neither Christ nor Mary/am want, need nor deserve a dedicated statue in their honour.

Their (the Vatican) entire racket needs to cease their even commenting on Christianity.

They walk on a pool of blood so deep they should drown in it.

edit on 5-12-2014 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:49 AM
a reply to: ElohimJD

we convince ourselves we know everything by forgetting we actually know very little

We know little and if we were to restrict our morals and view of the world through the texts of the bible we would all remain in perpetual ignorance. I think fundamentalists have power issues of their own; and are happy to remain in "conveniently selective ignorance"

The problem is of course, no human being knows what they do not know; therefore we have conflict in the present age of mankind's self rule.

We have conflict because we are individuals, nationalistic, easy to go with flow with the propaganda and "moral"
pretexts for war.
We dont have to know everything to live in peace; all we have to do is practice the mental exercise of
"walking a day in the shoes of our neighbours" No war mongering abrahamaic jehovah needed.

edit on 5-12-2014 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: spelling

edit on 5-12-2014 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2014 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: formatting

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:05 AM
a reply to: infolurker

The hatred of Christians and Jews is increasing all over the world. In this thread alone,

So you draw jews into the this a sneaky way of bringing up the anti-semitic card?
A cursory search of certain midrash will show how much the jews hate all gentiles and christians - you have been fooled

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:17 AM
a reply to: Willtell

I agree with most of your post except...

ISIS sprung from Islamic fundamentalism

I thought with the great work you did in the Vallee threads you would research deeper and realize that ISIS is a western creation to destabilize the middle east further. ISIS is needed for perpetual war.

“Today, it is infinitely easier to to kill a million people than to control a million people.”- Zbigniew Brzezinski

“Today, it is infinitely easier to to kill a million people than to control a million people.”- Zbigniew Brzezinski, imperialist/globalist/war-monger, former policy advisor to Obama, CFR and Trilateral Commission founder, lamenting about how the global political awakening is making it increasingly difficult to sedate/exploit and the masses.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:21 AM
a reply to: Murgatroid

Jesuits have always been hiding behind the scenes seeking to destroy the true Church.

Not to mention all of the other atrocities such as wars and inquisitions that Jesuit agents have instigated.

It's not without reason that the Jesuits have been expelled from virtually every country on the planet.

First came christianity...aka Roman Empire resurrected
then came the Jesuits and Opus Dei

Jesuits have always been hiding behind the scenes seeking to destroy the true Church.

there is no such thing as a true church. Jesus was a jew...he didnt come here to start a church

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:47 AM
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Did you miss the context

Collateral damage = Inverted commas = sarcasm.

Does that make it easier for you?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:03 AM
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Exactly, which would leave and Jesuits (poooo ha) and Opus Dei (bahhh) absolutely unnecessary and hopefully

No loss.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:11 AM
It was during bush's reign that saddam's stockpiles were left unguarded for the radicals elements to get hold of.
It was saudi arabia's money that bin laden used to empower the taliban to power
Saudi Arabia itself could only be describe as quite fundamentalist and is a great friend of the US and the bush family.
Bush was the one who declared a jihad against the radical islamists.

Many believe that it was the Obama administration that brought up Isis, trained and funded them, and tasked them with the job of bringing down the Syrian Govt. And I do believe that although our gov't says that they are against Isis I am not sure their actions are in line with their words..

Isis seems to be building the same type of hell for the people who fall under their rule as the Taliban created for the afghani people.

I also believe that the catholic church secretly supported hitler's extermination of the jews and other not so acceptable groups didn't they and one of the common rumors that was circulated through the church's congregations was that "The jews were sacrificing christian children upon their alters."

So it seems that all three of these creators of hell on earth seem to have had their birth through the powerful elite of the west! Are the Russians and China playing the same game? Probably are but really I have no idea!!
But the fact that the conditions that are created seem to only to serve the purpose of feeding the dark entities a feast full of pain and suffering tells me that God has nothing to do with this although the religions do seem to!
But my bet is that it's the power of the elites running the show! But it's when the religious accepts the bribes that allows the face of religion to be applied to the mess!

The taliban accepted the bribe because the US had deserted them and left them so proverty stricken that had no choice. The same can be said of most of the arab fundamentalists. They were left in such a poor state that when those charitable groups came calling providing them with food and other necessities they sat and listened with open hearts the words that were spoken calling them to jihad!

But I remember the bribes while I was attending church also! The prosperity movement which told us all that we only had to claim it and accept it and then have faith that God would provide it! I remember some who actually would be signing leases to expensive apartments they couldn't afford and then expecting God to provide the money. Most times they ended up moving out a few months later when the money didn't come forth. I remember walking through the city I was living in and having a voice in my head directing my attention to this mansion or that and telling me how it could be mine! How if only I would spend every cent in businesses run by those of like mind as God directed me to I would be given more and through this the church would become a great power! And I also remember what happened within that church when the congregation suddenly realized that the pastor was old!! He would be retiring soon! And all of a sudden the men set off competing with each other for the power! Power and wealth are the bribes that were taken! And well when the dream came to be of one of the brothers standing up and preaching suddenly turning into a wolf while speaking I knew they were off course.
They want the gov't assistance to stop- so that our people can be just as pliable as the afghanis were when Bin Laden showed up with his rolls of cash!
They want to drive the women back a few hundred years so that they can be the primary showcase of blind obedience to the children!
And of course they want, no they were promised, the power of the gov't backing them by that same voice that spoke to me offering the world if I only played the game!

Only I am sorry but every time it seems that the gov't has merged with the governing forces bad things have happened and God's image is distorted into this unkind monster who only wishes to bring suffering and misery for the dark forces to feed upon!

The church can be the tool of God but it is also a tool for satan when it allows itself to be thrown offtrack by him!

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:17 AM

originally posted by: borntowatch

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Backwards thinking creates fundamentalism, which creates the murder and bloodshed that religion is so infamous for. It is all related. With proper education in the sciences, people like this wouldn't exist to spread their hate.

and evolution created a humanity that was nothing more than animals, leading to Stalin Hitler Mao and Pol Pot.

Oh and eugenics

So because those people were born, that means that evolution is wrong? I fail to see your point here. Evolution also produced Ghandi, Buddha, Martin Luther King Jr., and Mother Teresa.

This pope will see Christians who question his church treated like terrorists one day, I am sure of it

People bang on about how bad religion is, how evil Christianity is and this bloke is the leader of the church that instigated all that evil.

Are people that gullible, seriously? This guy isnt a leader, he is the painted face of the pig.

I'm not surprised you don't like him. You are one of the people he is talking about.
edit on 5-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:31 AM

originally posted by: UNIT76
a reply to: windword

be honest.
did bush jnr seem like he loved God?

…25But one who looks intently at the perfect law, the law of liberty, and abides by it, not having become a forgetful hearer but an effectual doer, this man will be blessed in what he does. 26If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man's religion is worthless. 27Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.

or was it just all about family dynasty?

barbara: "there are a lot of great families. It's not just four families, or whatever. There are other people out there that are very qualified. We've had enough Bushes."

Who are you or I to say who loves God and how they should show it? Plenty of Christians deceive their own hearts, it's the nature of the religion, imo. Plenty of Christians agreed with George Bush at the time. He identified with and catered to fundamentalist Christians. His brand of Christianity has been widely accepted by Americans, historically and at the time of his presidency. And still is.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:35 AM
a reply to: borntowatch

and evolution created a humanity that was nothing more than animals, leading to Stalin Hitler Mao and Pol Pot.

Oh and eugenics

I seem to remember Christian apologists telling me that Jesus could NOT have been born unless God killed off all those impure people of the Old Testament, to keep the "blood lines pure".

Jesus, according to Christians, was the product of eugenics! And, then, with all those perfect genes, he never even reproduced! What a waste or eugenics!

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:39 AM

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
In his attempt to appease the masses on both sides, Muslim and Christian, he is missing the mark bigtime. With actual crucifixions, beheadings in public squares, mass graves, mass rapes by Isis, Christian fundamentalists are not out committing genocide on a national size policy scale. In this sense he is downplaying the atrocities of Isis by labeling them generic fundamentalists along with Christian fundamentalists.

Pope still doesn't like, Catholics still don't like anything protestant, independent ect.

And with so many pedophiles in the church it no wonder he doesn't like "fundamentalists". LOL

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:12 AM
I really like this pope. He is a conciliatory, progressive humanitarian, which is just what the church needed. He is open and honest confronting the disgrace that has become the national interest and foreign policies of our most powerful nations, and direct in his statements about the massively wealthy exploiting and manipulating everyone else. He also gives thoughtful and reasoned statements, with little of his words being swamped with dogma or ideology. No wonder fundamentalists don't like him. Funny to me is that the American archdiocese split from the Roman one, what, 20 years ago now? Because the Roman was to progressive and egalitarian, embracing new ideas, for the fundies in the protestant colonies to handle. And where did the majority of those child abuse scandals happen I wonder? Anyone know if it was majority in Rome, or in US? Anyway, so yeah, I like Francis. Much better than that Ratziger....I had bad feelings about him from the first time I saw him. Looked like the emperor off of star wars, persecuted the (non practicing) gays in the order, was isolationist and literalist, and probably pulled the wings off butterfly's and threw snap pops at cats.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:39 AM

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
Jesus was a jew...he didnt come here to start a church

You couldn't possibly be any more out of touch with reality.

He wasn't a Jew.

Judaism is not the OT religion that many believe.

Nor is the Bible a Jewish book...

originally posted by: sweftl337
The word “Jew” never existed in Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic and Jesus spoke mostly Greek and Aramaic. First of all, if we go back some 2000 years, there were no Jews. There was a land known as “Judea” and in that land lived many different peoples. The people of Moses were the Hebrew Israelites – there was no Jew.

originally posted by: Nichiren
Jesus was a 'Judean', not a Jew. During His lifetime, no persons were described as "Jews" anywhere. That fact is supported by theology, history and science. When Jesus was in Judea, it was not the "homeland" of the ancestors of those who today style themselves "Jews". Their ancestors never set a foot in Judea. They existed at that time in Asia, their "homeland", and were known as Khazars. In none of the manuscripts of the original Old or New Testament was Jesus described or referred to as a "Jew". The term originated in the late eighteenth century as an abbreviation of the term Judean and refers to a resident of Judea without regard to race or religion, just as the term "Texan" signifies a person living in Texas.

In spite of the powerful propaganda effort of the so-called "Jews", they have been unable to prove in recorded history that there is one record, prior to that period, of a race religion or nationality, referred to as "Jew". The religious sect in Judea, in the time of Jesus, to which self-styled "Jews" today refer to as "Jews", were known as "Pharisees". "Judaism" today and "Pharisaism" in the time of Jesus are the same. Jesus abhorred and denounced "Pharisaism"; hence the words, "Woe unto you Scribes and Pharisees, Hypocrites, Ye Serpents, Ye Generation of Vipers".

More in another post here.

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
First came christianity...aka Roman Empire resurrected, then came the Jesuits and Opus Dei

pagan roots of catholicism - Google Search

Go to Google images and search > dagon mitre pope...

Everything religion says is a fabricated LIE...

"The two-horned mitre, which the Pope wears, when he sits on the high altar at Rome and receives the adoration of the Cardinals, is the very mitre worn by the priests of Dagon, the fish-god of the Philistines and Babylonians."

"...there are strong evidences that Dagon was Nimrod.... All scholars agree that the name and worship of Dagon were imported from Babylonia. " - The Two Babylons ; Alexander Hislop; p. 215

edit on 5-12-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:42 AM
a reply to: Murgatroid

Epistle to the Galatians :

O foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you, that you should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ has been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

The galatians were there when JC was put on the cross ?
What could have done the wacky Celts (galatians) to the image of Jesus to obfuscate Paul that much ?

My guess : he already had some sort of Santa hat at the time ...

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:11 PM
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

I believe Paul was once a Pharisee.

He would have never learned what he did without a direct encounter.

The same with Nicodemus...

Nicodemus was a Pharisee at the top of his field.

Not only is he a member of the Sanhedrin, he is the most renowned Bible teacher of his day.

But he still made the same mistake that most of us do...

Trying to understand that which can only be understood by experience.

“You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and do you not understand these things? 11 Very truly I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? John 3:10-12

Only in receiving can we know...

Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know, and bear witness to what we have seen, John 3:11

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. ~ 1 Corinthians 2:14

And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. ~ 2 Corinthians 4:3

“For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe” ~ 1 Corinthians 1:21

originally posted by: graphuto
I mean, the Bible plainly says that those who aren't saved, literally can't understand God and His Word.

Like Origen and Irenaeus, Hilary [of Poitiers] believed that God can be known only as God "has made himself known to us." The knowledge of God begins in receptivity, in openness to what is revealed and the willingness to accept what is given. Hilary singles out the word "receive" in a text from Saint Paul: "We have not received the spirit of this world, but the Spirit which is of God" (1 Cor. 2:12). When we speak of God we speak of what we know and we know what we have received and we receive what is given through the Holy Spirit. Everyone has the facility to "apprehend God," says Hilary, but it is only when one receives the gift of the Spirit in faith that the "gift of knowledge" becomes our own: "Only in receiving can we know."

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:11 PM

edit on 5-12-2014 by Murgatroid because: Double post..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>