It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally saw the full effect of Illegal Immigration in Los Angeles. We're in trouble.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
we also need to accept responsibilty to a point.
do not support businesses who hire illegals, whether landscapers or resterants, hotels whatever.
if the economy did not support them there would be no reason to come north.

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul
America doesn't have an official language - speaking only Spanish is no indication of anything.

Sucks to make racist assumptions huh!

I am sick to death of people playing the race card just because someone is against illegal immigration! Never assume!

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This is exactly why I left California after 40 years. I was having a very difficult time finding employment in social services, schools or hospitals because I wasn't bilingual. They couldn't say that it was "required" but they would say "bilingual preferred". One lady got pissy and told me that speaking Spanish was a requirement so if I didn't speak it, forget the job.

The final impetus for my exodus from Cali was when I went to the Monterey County Fair and saw that the Mexican Flag was flown over the US flag on every pole, on government property. I complained and was told by fair officials that the US "stole" California from Mexico, and they're taking it back. Sold my house and bailed out of that idiocy right quick.

Here in west Texas, I work in social services, and there are a few illegals who are angry and want to know why I am not bilingual. I told them it was because there wasn't enough bilinguals in the area with a college degree, so if they wanted services, they need to use an interpreter. The rest of the illegals quietly use interpreters and continue to collect every freebie they can get, which is substantial.

I need to mention that there are sizeable numbers of "non-Hispanic" native Mexicans (ie, German Mennonites) who are here illegally and also get a ton of freebies. However, their level of English tends to be higher and they do make themselves learn the language more than the Latinos do.

Before you call me a racist, my mother is Puerto Rican and I grew up hearing a LOT of Spanish. She speaks perfect English, and gets pretty damned mad at those who refuse to assimilate in this country. I was raised with English only, as that was the language of the land. As far as I'm concerned, it still is. It's bad enough I'm being paid by tax payers to give free care and medicine to illegals, no questions asked, but to force me to learn their language is a step too far. I also serve citizens...sadly, they are only 60% of my caseload.

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

The ignorance of believing only white americans are americans is mind blowing. We are a nation of immigrants.

Who said anything about believing only white Americans are American? Yes, we are a Nation of immigrants, people of different colors and races. We are NOT a Nation of Illegals!

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaticusMaximus
The big picture is this, and its been in the works for decades, in both the US and Western Europe: fracture the culture base of the nation as much as possible so the public will be divided and either fight amongst themselves, or simply be unable to unify because of major cultural differences, while the country or countries in question are looted of what resources they may have by small handfuls of hyper rich psychopaths, using various channels to concentrate the wealth looted into their own hands.

Doubly great if they can even get a segment of the population to rabidly cheer for the cultural dilution and defend, protect, help propagate, and attack anyone who would question their own demise, especially by mislabeling them with emotionally charged words.

What you see is a product of this. What youve seen is a nation, which is at its heart a culture, and not a land area, destroyed, or at the least, weakened beyond the ability to resist the looting.

America in spirit died slowly, and few realized. Only the rotting shell remains, and its stench is finally having some take notice of what theyve lost forever.

I stopped here...

It could not have been spoken any clearer..

The thread should have and could have stopped right HERE...

I assure you if America got nuked tomorrow, and Mexico had a better infrastructure Or Canada guess where all the illegal emigrants would go? Just making an example I am sure if We got nuked their would be no tomorrow...

I do not see an allegiance from Illegal emigrants, what I see is illegal, and people who do not know right from wrong.

Being a working man I understand most of my taxes I pay do not goto the places it should First like education, defense etc.

No I am paying the debt off that is constantly climbing spiraling out of control due to lack of fortitude in this country.. I believe and I am about as positive as I can possibly be when I say WE stopped BEING a Nation a very long time ago. SADLY and I say SADLY RUSSIA, is the only NATION I am aware of now. Oh and why don't you guys check out Putin's Emigration policy LOL...

Anyhow you win the award for hitting the truth on the nail..

Not much we can do now, I think the British saw this coming back in 1776 folks..

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

America doesn't have an official language - speaking only Spanish is no indication of anything.

I am sick to death of people playing the race card just because someone is against illegal immigration! Never assume!

Millions and millions of illegals.

Millions and millions...Let that number sink in.

Enough...Its time to start deporting in mass.

The line forms in the rear of law abiding people that do not break the law to get here.

All they do when they catch them is take them to the Border.

They are back before the officer ends his shift.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

This is exactly why I left California after 40 years. I was having a very difficult time finding employment in social services, schools or hospitals because I wasn't bilingual. They couldn't say that it was "required" but they would say "bilingual preferred". One lady got pissy and told me that speaking Spanish was a requirement so if I didn't speak it, forget the job.

I once asked a company why they required employees to speak Spanish. Know what I was told? They said it was because most of their employees spoke it. It had nothing to do with the actual job. I told them that legal immigrants learned English and that if they had so many people just speaking Spanish that it sent up a red flag that they were probably illegals.

At one time it was unheard of for companies to require an American citizen to speak a foreign language in their own Country. Now you see more and more jobs requiring it. This is not right! Can you imagine going to another Country and companies requiring its own citizens to speak YOUR language? Can you? OMG! How many of our citizens are losing a job opportunity because of this? They have families to feed. They live here and are citizens and are losing an opportunity to provide for their families because some people decided to waltz over the border or overstay a visa. How horrible is that?

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Los Angeles hasn't gotten to the point where NOBODY is even on the same page anymore.

Asian Illegals have their own culture and they're insulated. Armenians have their insulated culture and don't go outside of it. The fresh over the border Hispanics do the same...but they're the most aggressive, entitled, and they're taking over by sheer numbers as the majority.

And I'm seeing it's just getting more and more until I feel Los Angeles may be majority Illegal Aliens soon. I dunno how much of this place is an underground economy, where these people get their papers to work, or what's going on. I'm starting to think L.A. is one big scam, one big fraud with no real economic model to even look at.

I don't see how this place is surviving. And I have a feeling the Governments are lying because they don't want us to know just HOW bad it is. But I had a real glimpse last week and it was shocking.
edit on 1-12-2014 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

The line forms in the rear of law abiding people that do not break the law to get here.

I understand they estimate the number of Illegal in CA around 4 Million (on paper with their magic crystal ball) Yet CA has a population of just around 40 Million. Am I to believe the CA is around TEN PERCENT Illegal Immigrants?

Can that even be right?

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CaticusMaximus

America never was a nation, in the singular sense.
www.tufts.edu...

graphics8.nytimes.com...
www.nytimes.com...
edit on 1-12-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

If we could stop the jobs, the freebies and anchor babies, they would self deport.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

If we could stop the jobs, the freebies and anchor babies, they would self deport.

It would be damn near impossible to stop the jobs. It's called capitalism and maximizing profits by exploiting low wage workers. How do you stop that?

edit on 1-12-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

that is why the system is broken.. I am pretty sure their is not enough tax dollars to pay for all the entitled programs we are giving to not only illegal emigrants but others who cannot work welfare whatever etc.

This is just one of America's glaring problems. She has many more unhealthy activities as well.. America has lowered her standards for way to long, to raise them back up
well you see how it looks when we just follow the executive branch and judicial branch in St. Louis...

Their are things happening in the World, I believe geopolitics that are going to destroy what is left of our fake valued dollar, we have nothing backing our dollar up besides an imaginary bar graph that changes based off of the future. There is no way in hell America, would survive right now with the same interest rates we saw in the 80's right now.. No way since our standards are so low now, so must everything else that we have...

I dunno where or how or why this happened to us, after about 8 years of hope and change I have no idea how we can fix our system, and politics, I think it has rotted to the core and it is sad as hell..

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

but we could stop the jobs and other supporting roles.
problem is, this is the american economy, whine, yet hire them and support businesses that give them jobs,
just to save a buck.
personally, just like supporting american workers, of any color, i go out of my way to not buy chinese goods,
i don't mind paying a bit more for 'made in america', but it's getting really hard to do.
same with not supporting businesses that hire illegals.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It would be damn near impossible to stop the jobs. It's called capitalism and maximizing profits by exploiting low wage workers. How do you stop that?

Not sure if it's possible to stop it because money always seems to matter more than our own people. Then again, a lot of people are getting pretty upset and have had enough for far too long. Something has to happen.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

I dunno where or how or why this happened to us, after about 8 years of hope and change I have no idea how we can fix our system, and politics, I think it has rotted to the core and it is sad as hell..

It is indeed sad as hell. This is not the America I grew up in.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: rubbertramp
a reply to: Night Star

but we could stop the jobs and other supporting roles.
problem is, this is the american economy, whine, yet hire them and support businesses that give them jobs,
just to save a buck.
personally, just like supporting american workers, of any color, i go out of my way to not buy chinese goods,
i don't mind paying a bit more for 'made in america', but it's getting really hard to do.
same with not supporting businesses that hire illegals.

That's where it's difficult to do anything about it...some people can't afford to pay extra for anything as they are barely getting by and those who can afford to pay extra have an extremely hard time even finding anything made in America anymore.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

That's where it's difficult to do anything about it...some people can't afford to pay extra for anything as they are barely getting by and those who can afford to pay extra have an extremely hard time even finding anything made in America anymore.

or, just decide as an american, we don't need it!
don't go out to eat, stay home and cook something from america.
americans are far to lazy imo, we'd rather bitch about it while eating tacos in a mexican establishment, owned by an illegal and having an illegal make our tacos. oh, and delivered to the table by an illegal also.
edit on 1-12-2014 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Let's Keep America for Americans PERIOD!

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

Let's Keep America for Americans PERIOD!

Let's all follow the rules and laws of America, First.. Then that might work..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join