It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally saw the full effect of Illegal Immigration in Los Angeles. We're in trouble.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: FissionSurplus

This is exactly why I left California after 40 years. I was having a very difficult time finding employment in social services, schools or hospitals because I wasn't bilingual. They couldn't say that it was "required" but they would say "bilingual preferred". One lady got pissy and told me that speaking Spanish was a requirement so if I didn't speak it, forget the job.

I once asked a company why they required employees to speak Spanish. Know what I was told? They said it was because most of their employees spoke it. It had nothing to do with the actual job. I told them that legal immigrants learned English and that if they had so many people just speaking Spanish that it sent up a red flag that they were probably illegals.

At one time it was unheard of for companies to require an American citizen to speak a foreign language in their own Country. Now you see more and more jobs requiring it. This is not right! Can you imagine going to another Country and companies requiring its own citizens to speak YOUR language? Can you? OMG! How many of our citizens are losing a job opportunity because of this? They have families to feed. They live here and are citizens and are losing an opportunity to provide for their families because some people decided to waltz over the border or overstay a visa. How horrible is that?

You do know that many countries around the world teach English as a second language in grade school correct?

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You do know that many countries around the world teach English as a second language in grade school correct?

Yes but as far as I am aware, they do NOT make their own citizens speak a foreign language in order to get a job that has nothing to do with needing to speak a foreign language.

No citizen of any Country should be forced to speak a foreign language in their own Country in order to get hired for a job that has nothing to do with International business dealings or being an interpreter. No foreigner coming to live illegally into someone else's Country should be catered to and rewarded.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Yes but as far as I am aware, they do NOT make their own citizens speak a foreign language in order to get a job that has nothing to do with needing to speak a foreign language.

No citizen of any Country should be forced to speak a foreign language in their own Country in order to get hired for a job that has nothing to do with International business dealings or being an interpreter. No foreigner coming to live illegally into someone else's Country should be catered to and rewarded.

You think business care whether someone is an illegal or a foreigner that does not speak a lick of english?

BREAKING NEWS: They don't.

The most important thing for a business are those green pieces of paper in your pocket.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Forgot to add...No Hospital should have personnel that only speaks Spanish. People can die that way! That is unacceptable! I have heard from people living in places where you can't even order at a McDonalds unless you order in Spanish. This is the USA is it not?

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

You think business care whether someone is an illegal or a foreigner that does not speak a lick of english?

BREAKING NEWS: They don't.

The most important thing for a business are those green pieces of paper in your pocket.

That is not breaking news, it is common knowledge. It is sad and frustrating. It is a slap in the face to all citizens and all people coming here through the proper channels. Illegals shouldn't even be here, never mind taking jobs and forcing us to speak a foreign language in our own Country.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I spent my entire K-12 education in the LAUSD's public school system, and decades working and competing with illegal labor in both Los Angeles and San Diego county. It's a fact, illegal immigration in Southern California has reached a critical mass.

The illegals are a professional entitlement class, taking advantage of nearly every single handout program that has been made available. With amnesty and chain migration in the works, a subsidized reproduction rate that's second to none, and a country that's 18 trillion dollars in debt, it's only a matter of time before the welfare system defaults.

Then what?

It actually appears that a sinister conspiracy is afoot.

"Do Not Doubt the Power of the Cloward-Piven Strategy."

edit on 1-12-2014 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Our people stole that land, they murdered and enslaved, they butchered and claimed higher morality but in fact it was about taking what they did not own, claiming to be christianizing the continent while coveting our neighbour's house and that is the simple plain fact of it.

www.nexuslearning.net...

There was one Ghost dane in which they made a grimme decision to use the darkest spirit's and call them forth to drive back the white man, many of the surviving tribe's joinded in this, this had not been done before and many among them did not want to but they where persuaded as they knew there people were doomed.

The Native american's lived there for thousand's of year's, though not all agreed with this last desperate shamanic act of the darkest native magic calling the spirits to drive out the white man they called upon there ancestor's even the dark one's and there own devil's to make a pact and call a curse down on the invader's and there children.

Of course it never worked, or did it?.

But many today have native blood, they are also linked so for them what way would it go and as the hispanic population are mainly of indiginous stock to the america's are they the medium of this curse and is blending and merging with these native son's and daughter's of the america's not preferable to extinction.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seasoul

I spent my entire K-12 education in the LAUSD's public school system, and decades working and competing with illegal labor in both Los Angeles and San Diego county. It's a fact, illegal immigration in Southern California has reached a critical mass.

I remember the first time I saw American citizens turned away from jobs they were well qualified for and illegals barely speaking a word of English was hired instead. My heart broke for those poor people as they had families to provide for and feed. I had a job at the time and it still affected me personally. I as an American citizen watching fellow Countrymen turned away and being replaced with law breaking illegals. It was shocking to me that such a thing could happen.

I have seen poor people needing cheap housing and having to be placed on a waiting list that was years long. There were so many illegals already living there. I knew some of the citizens and I knew some of the illegals already in those houses. How can that be? How can citizens be shoved aside and not matter?

One thing that really got me was when my Mom was in the hospital and an elderly woman in the next bed was in tears because she was denied help with medical and she said, "If I were an illegal I'd get help!"

I have also seen how illegals, through deceit got cheap housing food stamps and medical when they were above the poverty level. Enough is enough! No foreign law breaker should come before a citizen or those coming here the right way. They should not be placed above all others.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

sad to say, that's how it works. not to long ago i could walk onto any job site and run heavy equipment for minimum 20 bucks an hour, even up to 30+.
now i'm offered 9 or so, i gave up even trying, i've had employers literally say things like, 'but that' s what we pay the migrants/illegals.'
now one needs to go to alaska or north dakota for those kinds of wages.

edit on 1-12-2014 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

As human beings, every single one of us is a "native."

The earth belongs to no man, each is "indigenous" and responsible for acting as a caretaker.

There are only two paths that separate us, the path of those who take and serve themselves or the path of those who give and serve their fellow man.

Unfortunately at this point I perceive the "illegals" as serving themselves.

edit on 1-12-2014 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasoul

As human beings, every single one of us is a "native."

The earth belongs to no man, each is "indigenous" and responsible for acting as a caretaker.

There are only two paths that separate us, the path of to take and serve one's self or the path of to give and serve one's fellow man.

Americans have very generous souls who donate to poor Countries, who are there for their own poor and needy. But they aren't a doormat for people to take advantage of through breaking laws and being rewarded. If we had open borders everywhere, there would be no health checks, no background checks. By not enforcing laws, we have had murderers, pedophiles, thieves, gang members etc. come across the border. There is just so much we can give. People now can barely afford to care for themselves.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I agree, we are only custodian's if it belong's to anyone it is the children yet to be born and we only hold it for a day, all possession of property is flawed, we are not our thing's but the one thing that does matter more than anything else is the people around us, those that we love and those we should help but often fail to, still when people see there whole live's taken from them and do not have that philosophy (Some say wisdom but other's belief) then they feel as though there whole world which is the outward projection of there self is being destroyed and taken by stranger's.

Another way is to see the belief of the native people's of the plain's before the white man came, the concept of owning land was not alien to the america's but among them they believed rather the earth owned them than they owned the earth for it was before them, would be long after they were gone and long after there children were gone.

edit on 1-12-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: rubbertramp

sad to say, that's how it works. not to long ago i could walk onto any job site and run heavy equipment for minimum 20 bucks an hour, even up to 30+.
now i'm offered 9 or so, i gave up even trying, i've had employers literally say things like, 'but that' s what we pay the migrants/illegals.'

It is sad, very sad for too many people. This has been going on for far too long. I don't enjoy being disabled with back issues, but I am relieved that I no longer have to be in the workforce and putting up with all the bull.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Sigh, at the end of the day you can just blame it all on the Human condition...

Yet all in all the experiment we call America, is failing, without some kind of reform or a PERFECT reform to make everyone happy which will not come around, America is gonna go broke, or lower her standards even further..

Nothing great about that...

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Another way is to see the belief of the native people's of the plain's before the white man came, the concept of owning land was not alien to the america's but among them they believed rather the earth owned them than they owned the earth for it was before them, would be long after they were gone and long after there children were gone.

They also fought and killed each other over the land and hunting grounds. My ancestor's tribe was almost completely wiped out by another tribe. There is much about natives to love and respect, but often people tend to romanticize reality.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

i've been out of it for years.i assimilated, i guess you could say, been self employed ever since.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

not to mention they never invented the wheel... Not saying they were stupid, they were primitive tribes..

I am part Seminole.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: rubbertramp

i've been out of it for years.i assimilated, i guess you could say, been self employed ever since.

I am happy for you. I hope that whatever it is you are doing, there aren't other companies with illegals who will do it for less and you lose customers. That has happened to a lot of businesses. I do wish you well.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
How do we begin to define "foreign language" in a country with no official language? Serious question.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cambot
How do we begin to define "foreign language" in a country with no official language? Serious question.

The only reason we don't have an 'official' language is because it was always understood that the language of the land was English. When immigrants came here, they learned and spoke English. Things only changed when there was unlimited illegal immigrants coming into the Country.

When there are actually over 200 languages spoken here, it would be chaotic as well as dangerous not to have a uniting language. If an immigrant comes here, we can't expect them to learn over 200 languages in order to communicate with others. Many States have made English their official language and others are fighting to do the same. It's not something we ever had to do before as it was never an issue.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join