It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally saw the full effect of Illegal Immigration in Los Angeles. We're in trouble.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Yes I understand, Because at the end of the day we are all human being's with very little beneath the color of our skin to differentiate and only five thousand years ago most european's were no different to the native people's of the america's.

If you ever have a look at the Reindeed herder's of Scandinavia and Russia you can see many cultural similarity's, even there tipee's were vertually identical to many that were built by some of the tribe's of the america's, of course Cahokia and other places prove also that many age's of different culture passed through north america and they included settled farming community's and city builders as well as nomadic follower's of the great herd's.

Your ancestor's have an great but almost forgotten and sadly in part hidden by later european settler's history that rival's anything in the rest of the world but they were simply human's like any other human being's.

You are right.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

There is a concerted conspiracy to destroy our nation. You saw it in action.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: suz62

Yes, the Conspiracy is in the numbers of illegals.

We are lied to. It's just Democrats seeing millions of new voters.

Now it's time to expedite their citizenship before the next election.

It seems the Demecrats would rather destroy America that let the GOP take over.

As an Independent....This absolutely infuriates me.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I can see US turning to a 3rd world wold countries.

in the old world when you have peace for a long time.
two small communities would have big fights.
the leaders Knew this!
so they sent them off to war.

the Vikings knew this and sent the men away.
If the fighting starts in US it will be Very bad.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I grew up in LA too, but don't remember any time when hispanics were "rare". In elementary school, in Whittier, I was the only white kid, and the only one that spoke english.

From first grade to fourth, each day, I was sent outside to sit alone against a tree because they had to focus on teaching the kids to speak english, and since I already could, it was a distraction. I changed schools in the middle of fourth grade, when we moved to Orange County, and found I was seriously behind in all other areas, like math, because while I was sitting outside against that tree, kids in white school had been learning things like math, history, and further along in english grammar and spelling.

I was definately a minority, and got used to being hated and bullied. Even if kids decided to incorporate me into games, it was to abuse me somehow and laugh about it. Their parents told them my family was evil and the devil lived in our house, and one of the neighboring mexican women tried to beat up my mother.

They were not people on welfare though, they all worked and were legal, for the most part. But since they were the majority in the area, they saw no reason to learn english.

I am 46, so that was quite a while ago, but I never knew a time when it wasn't like that, and I wonder if I got so used to being a minority that I kept up that position through life by moving to another country later, in which I would be a minority, a foreigner, and also a symbol of peoples that are seen as powerful and corrupt by the ethnic group in my environment.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

That's so sad.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Just got back from a trip across the great SW, had the same experience, too tired to reply right but one thing I will say is that we stopped at a hotel in Amarillo and the kids went to the pool for a swim, they came back rather shocked at the more than 50 kids all under the age of 10 that were from 2 families. 2 families!

The next morning when we went to the restaurant for free breakfast, the 2 ladies running the breakfast spoke no engles, not a single word. They were all smiles and welcomes to the Mexicans but couldn't even understand when one woman came up asking for more tea in the drink area, tea is tea in both languages... They refused to understand her until she threw a sympathetic and long drawn out tteeeaaa to thtem "Ah tteeeaa" at which point they went over and refilled the caddy.

More than 50 kids from 2 families! refused to speak a single word of English.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Where in Los Angeles are you speaking of?

Many of the streets in Los Angeles are Spanish names. Ever heard of Olvera Street?

Los Angeles had ethnic neighborhoods (just like New York). Mexicans had their area, Blacks had their area, Asians had their area, Whites had their area, Jews had their area etc.

And for the most part they all stayed in their own areas. But, not today.

The only difference I see today is ---- they live where ever they want.

edit on 1-12-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
I grew up in LA too, but don't remember any time when hispanics were "rare".

Yep, I'm born and bred (1946). Don't know what they're talking about -- Hispanics being "rare".

My area was White Christian, but still had an area known as "Little Tijuana".

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It's well known Mexifornia is a defecto state of Mexico. I'm American and where I'm from the only mexicans I've seen are on tv.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Bluesma

That's so sad.

It might sound like it now, but kids are very adaptable, and for me, it was just life. I didn't know anything else yet.
I almost posted a class picture I have of fourth grade, because it is quite funny. They put me smack dab in the middle, and my blond hair and white face stand out like a sore thumb. All the kids were standing squarely facing the camera, but the photographer told me to turn sideways- I think now it was to try to make me less visible. Didn't work, just makes me look like I have an attitude.

edit on 1-12-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
a reply to: CaticusMaximus

The ignorance of believing only white americans are americans is mind blowing. We are a nation of immigrants.

Nobody said or believes that. That's not what is being discussed here.

It's the same here and has been for many years. I am used to being a 'minority' in the area but why should I lose my peace, culture, language, access to services etc. from my home country? Does this mean American born can steamroll our way through Mexico or any other country and not only make demands, but just take what we want? I doubt it!

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: suz62

Yes, the Conspiracy is in the numbers of illegals.

We are lied to. It's just Democrats seeing millions of new voters.

Now it's time to expedite their citizenship before the next election.

It seems the Demecrats would rather destroy America that let the GOP take over.

As an Independent....This absolutely infuriates me.

Believing this is based on politics is equally infuriating, something else is steering this all over the globe, and it is almost to fruition.

Total insanity, bringing the status quo in general lower than it was, is the goal, a drugged technology filled planet filled with areas which spark electricity, harvesting in the chaos....

Amazing people actually think this is not all carefully orchestrated and FORCED upon everyone on earth, they have no choice but to believe the scenarios presented, and flood stupidly too and fro.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
All those that are saying or implying (you know who you are) that those of us who see a rising problem are racist, or somehow are against Mexicans or Hispanics, need to get one thing straight. Now.

This has nothing to do with race. Period. While there may be one or two odd exceptions (there always is), most of us could care less what color someone's skin is or what country they're from. The problem is illegal immigration. It just happens to be, seeing how we border Mexico and all, that almost all of our illegal immigrants come from, guess where? Mexico. If we for some reason had astronomical numbers of people from say, Sweden, crossing our borders illegally, we would be talking about the Swedish, but we don't. 99% of the illegals coming into this country are coming from Mexico, so of course Mexicans are going to be discussed. End of story.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Hey you Californians are reaping what you sewed. Sorry pal. Maybe Cali will fall into the Pacific and solve quite a few problems for the rest of us.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I think this is just something you're just now seeing. you hear stuff on the news and now you notice more mexicans. LA has always been full of them

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
How hard is it to look up facts:

The racial/ethnic/cultural composition of Los Angeles as of the 2005-2009 American Community Survey was as follows:

White: 41.3% (Non-Hispanic Whites: 29.4%)
Hispanic or Latino (of any race): 47.5%
Black or African American: 9.8%
Native American: 0.5%
Asian: 10.7%
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander: 0.2%
Other: 25.2%
Two or more races: 2.8%

en.wikipedia.org...

Wow that's nuts.

Here in NYC you have a mass influx of other cultures also, namely Chinese and Korean. You have one particular neighborhood that has so many Koreans that many of the store front signs are written in only Korean. I am with you bud.. once you go so far where you do not even make the sign in English.. well it's not right and shouldn't be allowed.

I am sure some of the older white folk in these neighborhoods (who lived here a long time) feel alienated in their own neighborhood, as you have more Asians here than any other race, upwards of 75% in this particular neighborhood.
edit on 2-12-2014 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
A little bit off to the side of this topic, but anyone else notice these big amnesty decisions around illegal immigration always occurs when the incumbent population gets disgusted with the existing two-party system? It's almost like they politicians are going "Uh-oh! They're starting to vote off-ticket. Can't have that. Let's bring in the clueless noobs."

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

You know - in Canada a lot of the citizens speak two languages; in Switzerland, most speak four. Most of the rest of the world is bilingual.

I'm ashamed that I don't speak Spanish better (espcially since my Mom spoke 4 languages fluently and my daughter three).

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Those stats are from four years ago.

All you have to do is spend one day there to see what a joke those stats are.

Not even close when you count all the illegals.

I really did laugh when I looked those numbers up earlier.

Well, at least I looked for information rather then just making up numbers. You are welcome to present newer numbers.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join