It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally saw the full effect of Illegal Immigration in Los Angeles. We're in trouble.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Yep... whatever the pace of them coming over the border may be, has this not been expected for many years? When I moved to Washington in middle school, I knew about 5 or more Mexicans in my school that barely spoke english, a couple, you couldn't even have a conversation with.

In the end... if I lived in Mexico, I would come to America as soon as possible, legally or illegally. I would not want to live in fear for my life or be "forced" to work for the cartels. Thanks to our government and the Fast and Furious program, Mexico is more dangerous than it has ever been.

I'll never see what the big deal is... so what, they don't speak english... woopity doo. They're not going to take your job, unless you want to work on a farm. If you do want to work on a farm, I bet 90% of you wouldn't last a week with that cruddy job.
edit on 12/2/142014 by anicetus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

originally posted by: FyreByrd
How hard is it to look up facts:

The racial/ethnic/cultural composition of Los Angeles as of the 2005-2009 American Community Survey was as follows:

White: 41.3% (Non-Hispanic Whites: 29.4%)
Hispanic or Latino (of any race): 47.5%
Black or African American: 9.8%
Native American: 0.5%
Asian: 10.7%
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander: 0.2%
Other: 25.2%
Two or more races: 2.8%

en.wikipedia.org...

Wow that's nuts.

Here in NYC you have a mass influx of other cultures also, namely Chinese and Korean. You have one particular neighborhood that has so many Koreans that many of the store front signs are written in only Korean. I am with you bud.. once you go so far where you do not even make the sign in English.. well it's not right and shouldn't be allowed.

I am sure some of the older white folk in these neighborhoods (who lived here a long time) feel alienated in their own neighborhood, as you have more Asians here than any other race, upwards of 75% in this particular neighborhood.

What's nuts about it? I think it's pretty kewl - the wonderful food. We have a large Korea town (my daughter lives there) great food. Little Kenya - awesome food. And the people you meet and the stories you share - awesome.

Why would anyone want to limit themselves to "Leave it to Beaver" illusory culture - when there's so much out there to learn from others. What are you afraid of? That's it isn't it - cowardice coupled with ignorance. Let's go buy more guns.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Well, in Duesseldorf we have so many Japanese folks that many signs of shopholders are written in Japanese only.

At Castle Neuschwanstein you can see many, many signs written in Chinese, as shops are dealing mostly with those.

It is called "capitalism" - making money by selling items. Sorry that I have to speak as I would do to children, but sometimes it seems to be necessary to remind people that not the whole world rotates around them.

Making money means caring about your customers, at least with small shops (not large companies...).

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
Los Angeles hasn't gotten to the point where NOBODY is even on the same page anymore.

Asian Illegals have their own culture and they're insulated. Armenians have their insulated culture and don't go outside of it. The fresh over the border Hispanics do the same...but they're the most aggressive, entitled, and they're taking over by sheer numbers as the majority.

And I'm seeing it's just getting more and more until I feel Los Angeles may be majority Illegal Aliens soon. I dunno how much of this place is an underground economy, where these people get their papers to work, or what's going on. I'm starting to think L.A. is one big scam, one big fraud with no real economic model to even look at.

I don't see how this place is surviving. And I have a feeling the Governments are lying because they don't want us to know just HOW bad it is. But I had a real glimpse last week and it was shocking.

There is a lot of overlap. Sure there are misunderstandings but one of the very best things about LA is you have to work and live (except for 'gated communities') and learn with other people from other places. It's awesome.

I'm so sorry so many of you are missing this. And what don't you try to learn a bit of a new language? Are you that lazy - sure you'll made an ass out of yourself - but people will help you. I have a couple of Japanese friends that always giggle when I try to pronouce words properly - but they keep helping me and in all fairness I giggle too when they just can't wrap their mouths around R, L and W's (and my name has all three). And hebrew - my mouth won't do that stuff - and the rolled 'r's in spanish. But you keep trying and making friends - and sometimes eat the weirdest food (a Philippino feed is something else).

You guys are missing out on so much of what life has to offer and the best part - it doesn't take any money.

Me and Randy Newman - We love LA.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

You know - in Canada a lot of the citizens speak two languages; in Switzerland, most speak four. Most of the rest of the world is bilingual.

I'm ashamed that I don't speak Spanish better (espcially since my Mom spoke 4 languages fluently and my daughter three).

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

To be completely honest it is a bit embarrassing that (a lot... not all of course) Americans seem to be the only folks on the planet that usually only know one language.

I have often remarked that even the Taliban could speak english when they were on film. You can take small children from a great many other countries in the world and even they can speak english (on top of their own language). I do find that quite amazing every time I see it.

So I'm not arguing the fact that people shouldn't know more than one language. I think it likely makes people more well rounded individuals and it is somewhat arrogant to be a nation full of folks that don't see any reason to even attempt to learn ANY other language than their own.

My argument is, that it shouldn't be a necessity to learn a different language if you are in your own country where the primary language is the one you already speak. OP should not have felt like he didn't get the treatment he needed in the manner he should have simply because he didn't know a foreign language while living in a NON foreign country. And I do have an issue with folks coming over here and not wanting to "be American". It's supposedly a nation so great that you are willing to enter into it illegally (for those who do) yet you do not want to truly attempt to become a part of it's existing culture.

I don't speak any other language either. I've always wanted to learn Russian or Gaelic, but have never put forth the effort to do so.

The TL;DR version is that I think it's good and healthy to learn another language. Any other language. I just don't think it should be a necessity for those living in the US... An option? Yes. A requirement/necessity? Absolutely not.

And I just rambled on and on there... Sorry .
I hope it at least made some sense about how I feel on this subject.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

It would be damn near impossible to stop the jobs. It's called capitalism and maximizing profits by exploiting low wage workers. How do you stop that?

I know a couple of families, from NY, the kids were born in Mexico but raised here from toddlerhood. Speak perfect english. Both familes decided to go back to Mexico for a lot of reasons. And this is happening more and more.

The twenty-something kids all have great jobs now, much better then what they could have found in the US. Some are in college and doing well. One is even moving to LA to work for his Mexican company here.

You know you hear all these, mostly negative, stories; but there are so many more you don't hear.

Listen for the good stories - you might be happier.

Legalize drugs throughout the Americas, hobble exploitive big business throughout the Americas and you'd see a whole lot of people moving 'home'. The biggest drivers of illegal entry into the US are to excape drug/government violence and displacement from farm/ranch land by developers of all elks.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: rubbertramp

Hey - it's the almighty "free market" at work.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Nothing against foreigners, but. when we who speak English here need translators. There is something wrong. They should be expected to learn the common language. Anyone that visits any other foreign country is expected as much. We should not have to hire a million translators at tax payers expense, print multilingual documents for everything. Change all our street signs for foreigners. Go to school and learn the language, i would if i moved to Mexico.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
We are being conquered from within, without a single shot being fired.

Haven't you idiots realized it yet? The government isn't going to declare martial law and kick your door down. There isn't going to be some great revolution where you fight the "man" and save the country. They will simply wait until the demographics have changed to the point where "America" will DEMAND all their rights and freedoms be taken, in exchange for more welfare. It's is a deliberate plot to destroy what once was not only America, but the West itself.

Demographics is fate. It's not racist, it's not bigoted, it's reality. It's how nature really works.
Culture = Race. Race = Nation. Nation = Destiny.

What's happening is genocide in the fullest word. Read:

the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political, or cultural group.

White America is dying. When it dies, so goes America with it.
America was a nation of EUROPEAN immigrants. If our Founders intended for us to allow anyone and their mother in, we wouldn't have conquered all of what is today America and kept out all non-Europeans.
It's so fascinating to watch people actually be in support of the destruction. It's fascinating to see the brainwashing and delusion in action - that multiculturalism and diversity are possible. Those two things are nation destroyers, which is why it's being done deliberately to the West since WW2 ended.

Every race has a right to its own culture and home. That includes Whites.

Notice how non-Western countries aren't being encouraged to open their borders and mix? Only White countries must do so, and if you're against it then you're a racist fascist neo-nazi kkk bigot who wants to holocaust the whole world for being a darker skin color. *rolls eyes*

You're welcome to call me all the names in the book, but it's the truth. And more people are waking to this fact every day.

Personally, I find it exciting that this is happening. Only because, EVENTUALLY, Whites will have to wake from their materialist/consumerist-induced slumber and fight for their survival. Those that are too weak - too politically correct or too brainwashed/delusional - will be swept away by the coming flood. And believe me, friends, Die Flut Kommt.
The fires of passion will sweep across all of Europe and America this time. It has already begun. The Phoenix's rebirth approaches.

To those of you in support of "diversity", of the destruction of the White race and its cultures in favor of a utopia that can never be. You are the enemy. And should that fateful day ever come, you will find yourselves on the opposite side, faced against a merciless and fanatical opponent who has finally realized the extent to which he has been wounded.

The world has yet to realize the meaning of, "the sleeping giant has awakened."

Take care

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

a nation weakened by multiculturalism is easy to take over because the people will care about nothing accept head down arse up or enjoying life.

a nation that believes in nothing will defend nothing

a nation that values nothing has nothing to defend

a nation that holds nothing sacred will defend nothing sacred

a nation that has no national pride has no pride to defend.

a nation has a multiple religions will defend none of them

a nation that has no sense of purpose will rally around nothing

a nation that has no identity to defend will not resist any identify foisted onto it.

a dis unified nation will defend nothing

the purpose of immigration is to turn all nations, into nations with nothing to defend.

a strong nation with a strong sense of purpose who values it identify is not a candidate for surrendering its sovereignty.

do you know which country preaches multiculturalism for everyone else and non for themselves? Is.... Is.... Is.....

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: U4ns21

There is no freaking "white race"!
No "black race"!
No "yellow race"!

Those are things only in your (and in many other people's) head.

You don't like other people coming in your country and taking over? Are you native-american? How was the travel across the Bering-street some years ago?

Really, all countries have to deal with immigrants. Look at Lebanon - 4.000.000 people with 1.000.000 of them being immigrants thanks to wars in Syria and the IS. The USA was an immigrates-country, whatever the century.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Obviously I'm going to get bashed, but WTF. If you are here illegally...you broke the law. You are therefore a criminal invader and need to be sent home with a swift kick in the ass to discourage you from doing it again. If one dollar of an American's money is spent on an illegal for ANY REASON...that is wrong. Illegals are (for the most part) here for only one reason, they want to use our land, our systems and our benefits. They didn't create them...they have NO right to use them. They are invaders, criminals and leeches.

Now...I'm not saying that all of them are bad people, but all of them are people who did something bad. They broke the law and lawlessness should NEVER be permitted, let alone rewarded. And frankly I don't give a crap what your opinion is. I'm stating facts so your opinion doesn't matter.

Bottom line...there are legal ways to come into our country, integrate and become part of America. NONE OF WHAT IS HAPPENING IS ANY OF THESE! Get off you high-horse liberal BS and do the RIGHT thing for a change. Follow the rules, follow the laws, integrate and become part of this country. If you go through the process...I'll welcome you. But if not...you are a tick...a blood sucker, parasite, leech and thief. And if so...GO HOME!

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: rubbertramp
a reply to: Night Star

sad to say, that's how it works. not to long ago i could walk onto any job site and run heavy equipment for minimum 20 bucks an hour, even up to 30+.
now i'm offered 9 or so, i gave up even trying, i've had employers literally say things like, 'but that' s what we pay the migrants/illegals.'
now one needs to go to alaska or north dakota for those kinds of wages.

I've known Illegal Immigrants that work for GOVERNMENT here. Have cubicles and their own phone extensions and everything. No E-Verify means they could even be in the Governors office potentially. I've known Illegals in the film industry that make da.mn good money and they keep getting hired because they know the job so well and they're good at it. But in fact, they STOLE an American job to get there. Many of the assistants and production help are making Union wages on sets and working loads of hours and overtime.
edit on 2-12-2014 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

originally posted by: seasoul
a reply to: LABTECH767

As human beings, every single one of us is a "native."

The earth belongs to no man, each is "indigenous" and responsible for acting as a caretaker.

There are only two paths that separate us, the path of to take and serve one's self or the path of to give and serve one's fellow man.

Americans have very generous souls who donate to poor Countries, who are there for their own poor and needy. But they aren't a doormat for people to take advantage of through breaking laws and being rewarded. If we had open borders everywhere, there would be no health checks, no background checks. By not enforcing laws, we have had murderers, pedophiles, thieves, gang members etc. come across the border. There is just so much we can give. People now can barely afford to care for themselves.

If you've seen what I've seen, not only have Americans become doormats, but there is something VERY nefarious going on in which I think we are purposely being routed out by design. I'm convinced of it now. The numbers are being fudged, something is massively wrong. I wish I had more time and resources to look into the Government of California. I think Jerry Brown and the local politicians are lying...in a HUGE way.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
When I think of the world now in its current troubles, I imagine how we would see it if we were more spiritually advanced? Would we care if one person was from another border or woukd we see the spark of the divine in each and every person wherever we looked? I think the latter, and in division only the illusion of seperation ensues which is only a false idea.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

ICE does nothing anymore. Wife works for the courts, she'll see the same illegal three to four time with different names sometimes. Everyone knows it's the same person, you can point it out and everything. But nothing is ever done. They'll throw them in jail sometimes but they can't keep them forever. and Once they're let out they're gone. They'll setup a new name a keep doing what ever they want.

I wish the number of good people coming over, wanting to be part of our nation was much higher then the bad just slipping in and taking and doing what ever they want. But it no longer is, in the end the good ones pay for the bad ones and have to leave, but the bad ones stay around and keep on doing what they do.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cambot
How do we begin to define "foreign language" in a country with no official language? Serious question.

Well, being that every SINGLE one of our founding documents was in English, being that almost every SINGLE document of any kind in every SINGLE agency throughout our Government is in ENGLISH, 99% of our Media, 99% of our schools, 99% of our Companies letterhead, Fortune 500 Company documents, etc. etc. etc. I could go on forever...

You get the point. People say "There is no official language like that is a correct premise to begin with. It's not.

America needs an official language once and FOR ALL. We need to stop being PC and PRETENDING that English is coincidental secondary effect. It is not. This United States is DEFACTO, an English founded nation. It's time we stop BSing ourselves about that.

"There is no official language in the U.S." ....yeah???? Well maybe that's part of the problem!

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: suz62

There is a concerted conspiracy to destroy our nation. You saw it in action.

As I said previously...I now KNOW that to be true. This cannot be anything but willful. I saw it at the County level, and have seen it before, not like this though.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Where in Los Angeles are you speaking of?

Many of the streets in Los Angeles are Spanish names. Ever heard of Olvera Street?

Los Angeles had ethnic neighborhoods (just like New York). Mexicans had their area, Blacks had their area, Asians had their area, Whites had their area, Jews had their area etc.

And for the most part they all stayed in their own areas. But, not today.

The only difference I see today is ---- they live where ever they want.

I've lived all over Los Angeles and California, North to South. When I was a kid it was pockets. Now it's entire cities which are Hispanic. And it was NOT an organic osmosis of just people having children. There are entire neighborhoods where it is Illegals in entire apartment buildings and homes and where even the businesses themselves have decided no English is to be spoken and any other Americans are 'strangers'. Look at what happened to HOLLYWOOD in the past 10 years. I mean that right there is a blaring example.

As far as street names....Guess who spoke Spanish?....the Spanish.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Well...Whittier....yeah...lol

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join