It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is announcing immigration reform ....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

He has been called many things.
Liar seems to fit.
edit on bu302014-11-20T20:43:41-06:0008America/ChicagoThu, 20 Nov 2014 20:43:41 -06008u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

How about we do something humane and show the world how America deals with humanitarian problems instead of lowering ourselves to the standard operating procedures of third world countries?

They already show the world that with places like Detroit, and inner cities.

Last time I checked that is 'American' third world.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: seeker1963

Like i said: we have dozens of jobs here that will start you at $25/hr. Many will also provide you a company truck to drive. We need workers. Unless northerners want to stop bitching about illegal immigration and unemployment, and come here and take these jobs, it would seem that we have a problem providing basic resources to our own nation and might be able to use some help. The oil isn't going to pump itself, nor will it refine itself into fuel for the rest of the country to run.

Those citizens who can't find employment can't afford to move to a State that has jobs. People live from paycheck to paycheck with nothing left over. Some people may have an elderly parent or disabled family member that need them to do their groceries, get them to doctors appointments do other errands or help them in their homes in order to continue living independently. There are a myriad of reasons why some people can't move to get a job.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

No it is not irrelevant!

Reagan passed amnesty "Legally"!

He had it passed by the house and senate, it was sent to his desk and he signed it!

uuuhhh...executive orders are LEGAL too, you know?

This crap being pushed by the left that "well Reagan did it blah blah blah" is not what our Emperor Obama is doing! Obama is saying screw the constitution I am the KING!

In other words, Obama is doing what Bush Jr, Clinton, Bush Sr, and Reagan all have done, so again, I ask, why is Obama different?

Either way, I don't give a squat! The end is coming, and for those of you who adore your political church in the hopes they will save the world, will be the most pathetic of those of us who will be trying to survive!

Two wings same bird!!!

You obviously do give a squat, given your rather emotional reaction to the whole thing.

I dunno what "political church" you are referring to, but since I am a political atheist, the point is moot.

The end has been near since I was in diapers, and the end will be near for the next 30 years. Although depending on your perspective, the end came in the late 70's, so we are past that point.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

It's time for Republicans to put up or shut up.

They want something done? Then they can pass a comprehensive and humane bill to deal with these people.

they tried to pass some immigration reform but they have all sat on Harry Reids desk for YEARS now, because he refuses to put them up for a vote!

Harry Reid has had 356 bills on his desk that passed through the House, but not a WORD!

You want to talk about republicans and conservatives and how THEY block things?

Try looking objectively at your own party members and see the real reason there is so much GRIDLOCK and NO real change....
edit on 11/20/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
stupid mouse ,dbl

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

Very good speech and I agree with the Executive Action.

Something needs to be done period, and instead of having these 5 million people living in the shadows, working under the table, driving without licenses and insurance why not grant them a work permit as long as they can prove that they have been living here for 5+ years, are not felons and have children that are U.S. Citizens?

It's time for Republicans to put up or shut up.

They want something done? Then they can pass a comprehensive and humane bill to deal with these people.

Also this is not a green card or citizenship.

This is temporary relief status that will last for 3 years to parents of children that are U.S. Citizens

What about the homeless Americans and their children????

Screw them right?

What about them?

I would happily support expanding social safety nets to provide these families with food, electricity and everything they need to live comfortably.

Perhaps you should email your Republican congressman about this issue.

Like congressmen don't know what's going on with our poor people. Right! Homeless shelters are always filled to capacity, tent cities have grown over the years, people are living in the streets...

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Then I wonder why he waited 7 years to do 'something'.

Hell he had 2 years of the trifecta of the US government.

And what does he have to show for it ?

1 trillion dollar 'stimulus' spending spree.

The 'Affordable' Shaft Act.

And now in less than a month of losing the Senate.

Now immigration is so bloody important!

What a joke.
edit on 20-11-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
And the third world flooding across our border is a grand start.

Obama has been called the Deporter in Chief.

Deportations are at an all time high.

yeah by ONE group of people LA RAZA ........no one else is calling him that, give me a break

link   
dbl

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: butcherguy
And the third world flooding across our border is a grand start.

Obama has been called the Deporter in Chief.

Deportations are at an all time high.

yeah by ONE group of people LA RAZA ........no one else is calling him that, give me a break

Wait.

I am going to start calling him the 'deporter in chief' now because he has prolly deported more guns(FAF) and banned those compared to illegal immigrants.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

How about we do something humane and show the world how America deals with humanitarian problems instead of lowering ourselves to the standard operating procedures of third world countries?

You mean show the world how we deal humanely with illegals while ignoring the plight of citizens? We have homeless and hungry citizens who have fallen through the cracks. Many cannot get help because they make like a damned dollar too much! That dollar isn't going to help buy food or pay rent and utilities etc.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Ya know what.

This whole thing is moot.

It will fail just like everything else he does.

The Democrat Party is finished.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I made an account just to add my 2 cents.

I live on a border town in Texas. I went to school with Mexican kids who lived in the US but traveled back to Mexico often. Many of them had no respect for America or the American ideal. Some would openly spit on the flag. In short, they hated America (but had no problem enjoying our standard of living)

Beware those who preach "acceptance" or try to play the emotional argument about children or split families. Unchecked immigration will destroy a nation, AND THIS IS WHY IT'S BEING DONE. Anyone with a brain can see that. Rome collapsed because it accepted EVERYONE as a citizen, leading to ethnic and cultural differences that fractured the empire.

So get ready, America. You allowed the "virtues" of "tolerance and equality" to take hold. You're about to learn a very painful lesson about how nature really works. Third world immigration will not increase the standard of life, it will bring it down. No matter how much the communists/hippies/liberals/idealists want to cry and deny it, a country's demographics is its fate.

And before anyone says anything, my mother legally immigrated from Europe. She took the time to learn English and all our laws.
Controlled immigration is fine, unchecked immigration will destroy us all.
Good luck, America

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

No it is not irrelevant!

Reagan passed amnesty "Legally"!

He had it passed by the house and senate, it was sent to his desk and he signed it!

uuuhhh...executive orders are LEGAL too, you know?

This crap being pushed by the left that "well Reagan did it blah blah blah" is not what our Emperor Obama is doing! Obama is saying screw the constitution I am the KING!

In other words, Obama is doing what Bush Jr, Clinton, Bush Sr, and Reagan all have done, so again, I ask, why is Obama different?

Either way, I don't give a squat! The end is coming, and for those of you who adore your political church in the hopes they will save the world, will be the most pathetic of those of us who will be trying to survive!

Two wings same bird!!!

You obviously do give a squat, given your rather emotional reaction to the whole thing.

I dunno what "political church" you are referring to, but since I am a political atheist, the point is moot.

The end has been near since I was in diapers, and the end will be near for the next 30 years. Although depending on your perspective, the end came in the late 70's, so we are past that point.

Nice spin!

Again, did the house and senate pass a bill that Obama signed OR did Obama become a dictator who violated our Constitutional Law by doing what he wanted to do regardless of the laws we have in this country?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Yet the reality is, 20% of all jobs go unfilled, and our ability to produce oil and cotton for the rest of the nation is reduced.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Hell whats another 30 million instant voters.

Where is the proof of this 30 million people? Let me guess FOX? Rush? Breitbart or one of the other right wing propaganda sites? This EO will only effect around 5 million people. Don't blame him for doing something when the GOP has sat on their hands for the last 500 days instead of passing any bill for immigration reform.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Where is the proof of this 30 million people? Let me guess FOX? Rush? Breitbart or one of the other right wing propaganda sites? This EO will only effect around 5 million people. Don't blame him for doing something when the GOP has sat on their hands for the last 500 days instead of passing any bill for immigration reform.

Did Harry Reid allow anything from the house to come to the floor for vote Buster?

Be honest!

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

You mean show the world how we deal humanely with illegals while ignoring the plight of citizens?

He shown the world that too.

Since there has been more crime committed by illegals than any mass shooting of the past 6 years.

Yet one of those things was bad, and needs to be 'banned'.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

If all these targets are undocumented,

how do they knows there's 5 million?

And, if "they" all have illegal cash jobs, where will they get the "legally" obtained money to pay for this?

Hmmm.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join