It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is announcing immigration reform ....

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Here's BigBoy's transcript........

Breaking--Full Text Of Obama's Immigration Speech Prepared For Delivery

He has spoken !!!!!!

Still can't figure out why Democrats failed in 2009 and 2010??????

Hmmm.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

" Didn't Obama clearly state the focus of deportation are going to be towards felons? Who have recently entered? "

Yeah , "IF" they are Caught . A Shallow Statement from the LIAR In Chief .

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Night Star

I haven't asked them. i have lived among them. They are people like you and I, with kids like you and I, trying to make the best life they can for their kids.

Oh, don't bring common sense and humanity in to this discussion. Let's demonize them because they are not "like us", only want to bog-down the welfare system and want to vote democrat!

edit on 11/20/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
His opening sentence....

My fellow Americans, tonight, I’d like to talk with you about immigration.

And then he talks about illegal immigration.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I was finally able to listen to this speech. He said he wants to put more resources on the border, make it easier for educated people to become citizens and address the illegal/criminal element.

What's wrong with what he said?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

I haven't asked them. i have lived among them. They are people like you and I, with kids like you and I, trying to make the best life they can for their kids.

Oh, don't bring common sense and humanity in to this discussion. Let's demonize them because they are not "like us" and only want to bog-down the welfare system and want to vote democrat!

Go talk about humanity to the children that are homeless in the streets in the United States now! Oh yea, we have em! They also go to bed hungry too! Where is your bleeding heart now?

I am sure they are willing to listen to your partisans bullsnip! Yep! It's cool Sheepslayer! I will go to bed, OH WAIT! I DON"T HAVE BED! But your right! Children from other countries deserves a home and bed more than I do!

Were your one of those who spit on the Viet Nam Vets coming home too?

Sucks when it's shoved in your face that our own have issues that can't be taken care of doesn't it?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Oh, don't bring common sense and humanity in to this discussion. Let's demonize them because they are not "like us"

Oh dear!

Why yes people stop 'demonizing' ILLEGAL immigrants!

Focus all that 'hatred' on rich people,gun owners,and bankers instead!

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Oh, don't bring common sense and humanity in to this discussion. Let's demonize them because they are not "like us"

Oh dear!

Come on Neo!

Bankers deserve all the hate they get......

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Where is your bleeding heart now?

My heart bleeds for all people in need...as should yours.

OH WAIT! I DON"T HAVE BED!

Stop by, brother. I have a place you can lay your head.

Children from other countries deserves a home and bed more than I do!

Everyone deserves a home and a bed. But I do tend to put children before grown men.....forgive me.

Sorry, that was before my time. Don't have time to spit on vets because I was busy raising my brother's children while he serving two tours in Iraq. Again, forgive me.

Sucks when it's shoved in your face that our own have issues that can't be taken care of doesn't it?

We all have issues. Why don't we work together as humans to pull out of the fog, rather than place our priorities on country and money?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

I was finally able to listen to this speech. He said he wants to put more resources on the border, make it easier for educated people to become citizens and address the illegal/criminal element.

What's wrong with what he said?

Probably nothing.

But it's all about *DOING* not talking.

Talk is cheap.

Here's one guy's famous last words about "talking"......

The Good, Bad and the Ugly - Tuco Shoot ---- "When You Have to Shoot... Shoot, don't talk!"

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Oh dear!

Talking points Neo. That was my point exactly! Besides, you know by now that I am a gun owner......try again with another knee-jerk emotional plea.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Finally someone at least says something and perhaps will do something.

Republicans say...eh...wait...oh they haven't said or done anything. LOL

And to be fair...democrats have said...um..wait..oh they didn't say and haven't done anything either.

If you've ever been a leader, you know that doing something is always better than doing nothing and if it doesn't work out, then you correct course and try something else.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Want to try again ?

Been using LOGIC since the first post in this thread.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Look, I have been to their weddings and baby showers and shared laughter and tears with these people. I have always been honest with them and let them know I didn't agree with how they go about things. I told every one of them if they applied for citizenship, I would help them in any way that I could. I told them that it was wrong to lie and collect food stamps etc. because some people genuinely need the help and they did not. That's when I was told that some of them had no intention of staying and only wanted the money so they could live well off in their own Country. They said how easy it was etc. And some stay but remain deceitful and gain benefits they have no business having, plus the money they make working under the table.

In some ways they are people like you and I and in other ways they are not. I would never dream of lying to get benefits. I just wasn't raised that way. I would never expect another Country to cater to me.

And...I have to stand up for our own poor hungry and homeless people who should be helped before someone who has no respect for our laws.
edit on 20-11-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

Where is your bleeding heart now?

OH WAIT! I DON"T HAVE BED!

Stop by, brother. I have a place you can lay your head.

Children from other countries deserves a home and bed more than I do!

Everyone deserves a home and a bed. But I do tend to put children before grown men.....forgive me.

Sorry, that was before my time. Don't have time to spit on vets because I was busy raising my brother's children while he serving two tours in Iraq. Again, forgive me.

We all have issues. Why don't we work together as humans to pull out of the fog, rather than place our priorities on country and money?

At least I was honest and didn't use any political ideology to make my point!

Apparently that is beyond your capability!

So have fun promoting your wing of the BIRD.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Thats right...........

Just because someone may be a good person, doesnt excuse them from accountability for doing the WRONG thing............

Well unless youre the president then you can do whatever you want.......

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

That's where pro illegal folks usually get it wrong. You assume that people who are against illegal immigration have no compassion for others. We can have compassion for people all over the world, but sadly, we can't save them all. There are people in far more need than those crossing the border who will never have the chance at a better life. They all deserve it, but won't get it. All Countries must care for their own first then help others.

What we have seen for too many years are our own citizens being left behind and falling through the cracks while people ignore them and embrace illegals. How do you think those people feel? It is a slap in the face. It screams to them that they don't matter.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Thats right...........

Just because someone may be a good person, doesnt excuse them from accountability for doing the WRONG thing............

Well unless youre the president then you can do whatever you want.......

Thank you!!

I get frustrated because most pro illegal folks will either ignore the plight of our poor or dance around the issue and then go on to praise the illegals and how they deserve help. They can break one law after another yet they can do no wrong, while our own poor people get left behind in the dust. I need for our poor people to be acknowledged. By God, they DO matter and should not come in second place in their own damned Country. Is that so wrong? But noooooo, instead we're told we have no compassion for others which is such a lie. Or we are haters or racist or some other colorful word. All lies!

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

a reply to: neo96

If you aren't fond of them coming here, then perhaps we should address our government turning their nation(s) into a collective Central American cesspool.

How long as the CIA been running operations down there, subverting governments and acting as a go between for Muslim terrorists and latin guerilla armies?

"Rule of law" he says.

You know Furry...

That argument is getting old, one just needs to look at the countries with little or no American influence they they fair not much better or worst.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

That's where pro illegal folks usually get it wrong. You assume that people who are against illegal immigration have no compassion for others. We can have compassion for people all over the world, but sadly, we can't save them all. There are people in far more need than those crossing the border who will never have the chance at a better life. They all deserve it, but won't get it. All Countries must care for their own first then help others.

I always think about the billions that do not have the luxury to just cross the border, live illegally and then demand they deserve something...

With that said, being a rather conservative, I find myself not really disagreeing with Obama's plan. IF a family been here over five years, IF they have american citizen children, IF they have a good back ground check, I want them to get legal in some way without a road to citizenship that the other billions to not have just because they are not illegal.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join