It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is announcing immigration reform ....

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Cloward-Piven........give me a break.

Nope that is calling it like it is.

That is what medicare, and medicaid is. After taking 100 million people out of the private market. Insurance premiums increased.

Then to fix the so called problem. We got the affordable 'care' Act.

WIth illegal immigration more people get added to medicare, medicaid, and that 'awesom'e healthcare exchanges.

Which all can be summed up as everyone using it, hardly anyone paying for it.

ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION is CLOWARD and PIVEN all the way.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Not being American all I can think is that this is a massive distraction,but for what the Ferguson verdict? ,its definately a watch the monkey whilst something else is going on stunt with only 38 per cent agreeing with it they are getting you upset about this in lieu of what?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

originally posted by: seeker1963

I haven't even read or seen his speech, but it must have been pretty bad considering all of the talking points and propaganda buzzwords used in this thread.

Does anyone have the ability to think freely anymore?

You didn't hear his speech, but yet you slam those who are complaining??????

No, I haven't heard his speech and I am slamming those that have already stooped to using the same rhetoric and BS that they use in any other discussion.

I have many issues with Obama and his policies but I do not have to parrot the talking points to address those issues. This discussion evolved as any other thread involving Obama does. Little actual thought, tons of rhetoric and talking points.

*sigh*

Tell the truth!

This is coming from someone who hates the BUSHES too!

Calling you out on your BS Sheepslayer!

You admitted you did NOT hear Obama's speech did you not?

But yet you are calling out those of us who did?

Damn man! Even though I used to respect your posts and digested your opinions, you lost me on this.......

But as I am sure you don't care what I think, at this point, I don't care what you think either......

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
right. enjoy America. it is full of enchantment and convection. don't enjoy inclusion. don't enjoy rights. don't enjoy freedom of speech, earning a living wage, education, paying tax for services, working from the ground up... it includes, rather than excludes. thank god my german ancestry was included illegally so I could live here without discrimination or bias. right. wing. crock. of. S.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: seeker1963

They don't care. Hell all it would take is a two second google search that would bring up stuff like this:

The Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), Pub.L. 99–603, 100 Stat. 3445, enacted November 6, 1986, also known as the Simpson-Mazzoli Act, signed into law by Ronald Reagan on November 6, 1986, is an Act of Congress which reformed United States immigration law. The Act[1

en.wikipedia.org...

Simpson MAzzoli Act !!!!

Clearly not an eo.

It was an act of congress the way it was meant to be.

Signed in to law.

For the people who don't know how to properly use a search engine.
Executive Order 12324 - Interdiction of Illegal Aliens
Executive Order 12582 - Naturalization Requirements Exceptions for Aliens and Non-Citizen Nationals of the United States Who Served in the Grenada Campaign
Reagan did use EO's when it came to how immigration law is enforced.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Nope that is calling it like it is.

That is what medicare, and medicaid is. After taking 100 million people out of the private market. Insurance premiums increased.

Then to fix the so called problem. We got the affordable 'care' Act.

WIth illegal immigration more people get added to medicare, medicaid, and that 'awesom'e healthcare exchanges.

Which all can be summed up as everyone using it, hardly anyone paying for it.

ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION is CLOWARD and PIVEN all the way.

No, C-P is a talking point pushed on the brainwashed fools that attach themselves to such labels for the purpose of partisan politics.

Just like the terms "Chicago-politics" and "community organizer".

If you're really worried about welfare breaking the system, talk to the legal citizens drowning in government dollars.

We will never be able to make changes until people are willing to change the way they talk. The propaganda is think among a certain side and we will never come to any agreement until those idiots step away from the talk radio.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

The burden of proof is on you Progs who keep saying the because Reagan did it, that it is okay for Obama to do it!

You wanna know why they say it is ok? Because it is not breaking any laws. Btw I'm still waiting for you to link that Constitutional law that Obama broke. You made the claim now back it up.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

They don't care. Hell all it would take is a two second google search that would bring up stuff like this:

The Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), Pub.L. 99–603, 100 Stat. 3445, enacted November 6, 1986, also known as the Simpson-Mazzoli Act, signed into law by Ronald Reagan on November 6, 1986, is an Act of Congress which reformed United States immigration law. The Act[1

en.wikipedia.org...

Simpson MAzzoli Act !!!!

Clearly not an eo.

It was an act of congress the way it was meant to be.

Signed in to law.

For the people who don't know how to properly use a search engine.
Executive Order 12324 - Interdiction of Illegal Aliens
Executive Order 12582 - Naturalization Requirements Exceptions for Aliens and Non-Citizen Nationals of the United States Who Served in the Grenada Campaign
Reagan did use EO's when it came to how immigration law is enforced.

Why did you leave this out Buster?

Citation: Ronald Reagan: "Executive Order 12582 - Naturalization Requirements Exceptions for Aliens and Non-Citizen Nationals of the United States Who Served in the Grenada Campaign

From one of your own links?

They served!

Keep spinnin bro!

link   

I haven't even read or seen his speech, but it must have been pretty bad considering all of the talking points and propaganda buzzwords used in this thread.

Does anyone have the ability to think freely anymore?

You didn't hear his speech, but yet you slam those who are complaining??????

No, I haven't heard his speech and I am slamming those that have already stooped to using the same rhetoric and BS that they use in any other discussion.

I have many issues with Obama and his policies but I do not have to parrot the talking points to address those issues. This discussion evolved as any other thread involving Obama does. Little actual thought, tons of rhetoric and talking points.

*sigh*

Tell the truth!

This is coming from someone who hates the BUSHES too!

Calling you out on your BS Sheepslayer!

You admitted you did NOT hear Obama's speech did you not?

But yet you are calling out those of us who did?

Damn man! Even though I used to respect your posts and digested your opinions, you lost me on this.......

But as I am sure you don't care what I think, at this point, I don't care what you think either......

That's cool. I understand. It's hard for me to respect someone that throws around the same propaganda terms that everyone else does. So I can feel ya.

If we were really concerned about the welfare burden, illegal immigrants would be the last place we would focus. But go ahead and fall in to their trappings. Forgive me if I dont.

link   

No, C-P is a talking point pushed on the brainwashed fools that attach themselves to such labels for the purpose of partisan politics

Oh do you mean like those going around calling Republicans the party of 'no'.

Funny how that works..

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
It's funny how the very same people that slam social programs and what they do for the needy will always come in the immigration threads and lay heavy appeal to emotion and point out our homeless problem.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Now the Democrats *OWN* illegal immigration too !!

They're on a binge-buying spree again.

edit on Nov-20-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

The burden of proof is on you Progs who keep saying the because Reagan did it, that it is okay for Obama to do it!

You wanna know why they say it is ok? Because it is not breaking any laws. Btw I'm still waiting for you to link that Constitutional law that Obama broke. You made the claim now back it up.

Show me how Obama dictating amnesty on his own is the same as Reagan!

Show me yours and I'll show ya mine?

This is really getting ridiculous! I hate both parties, yet I am playing this game with you! Christ, adults acting like children over politicians who do nothing more than lie to all of us........pffffft

Wake the hell up!

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

No, C-P is a talking point pushed on the brainwashed fools that attach themselves to such labels for the purpose of partisan politics

Oh do you mean like those going around calling Republicans the party of 'no'.

Funny how that works..

Yep..you're right. Anyone that uses terms parroted by the MSM or talk radio is just as bad and very misinformed. Thanks for providing a great example to compare them to.

Now if we could just get your guys to stop being the MSM puppets...wouldn't that be nice?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
It's funny how the very same people that slam social programs and what they do for the needy will always come in the immigration threads and lay heavy appeal to emotion and point out our homeless problem.

I think its more funny that some people defend social programs without a thought to where that cash ends up.

Some folks would call it corporate fascism.

Since that is what it is. The US government guaranteeing them evil coporations money, and some people thank them for it.

If a certain group claims to care so much about their fellow man.

I wonder why they hide behind government fascism instead of opening up their own wallets, and go 'take care' of their neighbors.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

You progs got emotional correctness in the bag!

If your mad at those of us who are using it against you, then you should realize how we felt when it was used against us!

All is fair in love and war!

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Emotional correctness?
I'm just stating what I see happen and find it funny that people are able to not care about those in need until they can be used emotionally in an argument.
It seems you basically saying two wrongs make a right, is that the point you are trying to make?
Not mad all btw

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I haven't asked them. i have lived among them. They are people like you and I, with kids like you and I, trying to make the best life they can for their kids.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Obama has many trapped in the MSM/ultra-Academic endless loop.

They don't know what to do anymore.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Emotional correctness?
I'm just stating what I see happen and find it funny that people are able to not care about those in need until they can be used emotionally in an argument.
It seems you basically saying two wrongs make a right, is that the point you are trying to make?
Not mad all btw

I do care!

But my fellow countrymen come first!

I know, it's a hard concept for those of you who allow politicians to pull on your heartstrings, but at least I am being honest!

Does that make me an evil person asking my government to take care of it's own before taking on more?

If it does, then I am the GD devil!
edit on 20-11-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join