It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is announcing immigration reform ....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: neo96

Hell whats another 30 million instant voters.

Where is the proof of this 30 million people? Let me guess FOX? Rush? Breitbart or one of the other right wing propaganda sites? This EO will only effect around 5 million people. Don't blame him for doing something when the GOP has sat on their hands for the last 500 days instead of passing any bill for immigration reform.

Where is the EFFING proof from the potus or his supporters that illegal immigration is so GD important right now ?

I will be waiting.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

No it is not irrelevant!

Reagan passed amnesty "Legally"!

He had it passed by the house and senate, it was sent to his desk and he signed it!

uuuhhh...executive orders are LEGAL too, you know?

This crap being pushed by the left that "well Reagan did it blah blah blah" is not what our Emperor Obama is doing! Obama is saying screw the constitution I am the KING!

In other words, Obama is doing what Bush Jr, Clinton, Bush Sr, and Reagan all have done, so again, I ask, why is Obama different?

Either way, I don't give a squat! The end is coming, and for those of you who adore your political church in the hopes they will save the world, will be the most pathetic of those of us who will be trying to survive!

Two wings same bird!!!

You obviously do give a squat, given your rather emotional reaction to the whole thing.

I dunno what "political church" you are referring to, but since I am a political atheist, the point is moot.

The end has been near since I was in diapers, and the end will be near for the next 30 years. Although depending on your perspective, the end came in the late 70's, so we are past that point.

Nice spin!

Again, did the house and senate pass a bill that Obama signed OR did Obama become a dictator who violated our Constitutional Law by doing what he wanted to do regardless of the laws we have in this country?

What Constitutional law did Obama violate? President's have always had a massive leeway on how immigration law is enforced.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Nice spin!

Again, did the house and senate pass a bill that Obama signed OR did Obama become a dictator who violated our Constitutional Law by doing what he wanted to do regardless of the laws we have in this country?

Neither. It's called Executive Order. Look it up. Here, I'll do it for you, since you can't be bothered.

Wiki
History

They are not only legal, they have a long history of use.

If you actually knew what you were talking about, you also would know that executive orders are not absolute, and can be challenged and overturned. By CONGRESS and THE COURTS, no less.

Now what's all this about a "dictator"? Lol, really you should lay off the right wing propaganda machine and do some neutral fact checking.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
Cry, Cry, Cry...The ruling class and it's minority are always threatened. Humans immigrate. Competition is real. You want those jobs Americans? Go get 'em!

edit on 14/11/20 by trumpet because: is to are

link   
Well then since the law doesn't matter then I am going to be like Obama, and illegals then.

I am going to ignore any laws I don't like.

Think I will start with the ACA.

Then move on to gun control.

Hell I don't like paying taxes either.

Come on now EVERYONE gets to pick and choose which laws matter, and which ones don't.

link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
The Rule of Law only works when the laws are just and worthy of being followed. With that being said, I am not sure holding your nose while talking about "illegals" is really justified under the rule of law, given that it is mostly predicated on our governments own actions within the borders of those foreign lands that creates the environment where people think it is more worthwhile to come here (to be treated like sub human dirt) rather than stay home. Let that sink in: they feel more welcome here in the US, where people treat them like a third class semi human than they do in their own homes.

Yes, the immigration system is broke. No, locking down the influx of immigrants isn't the answer (trust me, i live on the border and since none of you Americans will come here to fill our desperate need for workers, we would LOVE to give jobs to people who actually want to work instead of bitch about the unemployment).

No. I'm sick of seeing this relegation to 3rd class citizen all the hard working people that I have known throughout my life. At least they are willing to come here to work. Its not like anyone from up north is willing to take a job here for $25-$30/hour.

If you know of a position hiring unskilled workers for ANYWHERE near $30/hr post it up and I'll be there within the week. I'm serious. I agree with your sentiment about illegals, but I don't believe for one second there are positions paying anywhere near that without also requiring either large amounts of experience, education, or both. Could you post an actual job listing to prove this? I've heard people talk like this before and have never seen a posted job opening matching what they claim, and trust me, I looked.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Where is the proof of this 30 million people? Let me guess FOX? Rush? Breitbart or one of the other right wing propaganda sites? This EO will only effect around 5 million people. Don't blame him for doing something when the GOP has sat on their hands for the last 500 days instead of passing any bill for immigration reform.

Where is the EFFING proof from the potus or his supporters that illegal immigration is so GD important right now ?

I will be waiting.

Have you been in a coma for the last couple of years? They have been waiting for the drunk who runs the house to put bills up to a vote but he has blatantly refused to do so. Obama had been promising to do something about immigration reform when he first ran for office. So unlike the people you constantly support Obama actually did something he promised to do and it's about time he did.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Night Star

Yet the reality is, 20% of all jobs go unfilled, and our ability to produce oil and cotton for the rest of the nation is reduced.

Wouldn't it be better for congress to create a work visa program similar to the ones in Canada and Australia than have a single man deciding to ignore legislation passed by congress and signed into law by a previous President? I doubt all these 5 million people work in the oil and cotton industries.

Regardless of that, my main issue with this is if you reward people for breaking the law it will only encourage more and more people to break the law in the future in the hope that one day they too will be rewarded.
edit on 20-11-2014 by john452 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: trumpet
a reply to: xuenchen
Cry, Cry, Cry...The ruling class and it's minority are always threatened. Humans immigrate. Competition is real. You want those jobs Americans? Go get 'em!

Who's crying?

I'm laughing my ass off.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

No it is not irrelevant!

Reagan passed amnesty "Legally"!

He had it passed by the house and senate, it was sent to his desk and he signed it!

uuuhhh...executive orders are LEGAL too, you know?

This crap being pushed by the left that "well Reagan did it blah blah blah" is not what our Emperor Obama is doing! Obama is saying screw the constitution I am the KING!

In other words, Obama is doing what Bush Jr, Clinton, Bush Sr, and Reagan all have done, so again, I ask, why is Obama different?

Either way, I don't give a squat! The end is coming, and for those of you who adore your political church in the hopes they will save the world, will be the most pathetic of those of us who will be trying to survive!

Two wings same bird!!!

You obviously do give a squat, given your rather emotional reaction to the whole thing.

I dunno what "political church" you are referring to, but since I am a political atheist, the point is moot.

The end has been near since I was in diapers, and the end will be near for the next 30 years. Although depending on your perspective, the end came in the late 70's, so we are past that point.

Nice spin!

What Constitutional law did Obama violate? President's have always had a massive leeway on how immigration law is enforced.

The burden of proof is on you Progs who keep saying the because Reagan did it, that it is okay for Obama to do it!

The BIG flustercluck in the lies and propaganda is that Reagan did it by signing a bill passed by the house and senate! Obama is doing it because he........well, he said so!

Google "Simpson-Mazzoli"!

Look it up buddy! Or keep showing how you believe everything you hear!

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I will be waiting.

Have you been in a coma for the last couple of years? They have been waiting for the drunk who runs the house to put bills up to a vote but he has blatantly refused to do so. Obama had been promising to do something about immigration reform when he first ran for office. So unlike the people you constantly support Obama actually did something he promised to do and it's about time he did.

Funny pretty damn sure they were killed on Reids desk.

But hey no matter what it's the 'rights fault'.

The left can do no wrong.

As per Obama acting like a despotic dictator with his 'Executive actions' to give his party new voters.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Look at my last reply to Buster!

Spin away by blind friend!

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Did Harry Reid allow anything from the house to come to the floor for vote Buster?

Be honest!

Did he stop any bills on immigration? That's what this thread is about isn't it? Or did you in your rush to stick up for the GOP forget that? Yes Reid has stopped bills from getting a vote but they have nothing to do with this thread or it's topic.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

They don't care. Hell all it would take is a two second google search that would bring up stuff like this:

The Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), Pub.L. 99–603, 100 Stat. 3445, enacted November 6, 1986, also known as the Simpson-Mazzoli Act, signed into law by Ronald Reagan on November 6, 1986, is an Act of Congress which reformed United States immigration law. The Act[1

en.wikipedia.org...

Simpson MAzzoli Act !!!!

Clearly not an eo.

It was an act of congress the way it was meant to be.

Signed in to law.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Did Harry Reid allow anything from the house to come to the floor for vote Buster?

Be honest!

Did he stop any bills on immigration? That's what this thread is about isn't it? Or did you in your rush to stick up for the GOP forget that? Yes Reid has stopped bills from getting a vote but they have nothing to do with this thread or it's topic.

ahhhhhh, your drowning bud!!!!!

Here's some oxygen. I would hate to see ya die!

But keep on spinnin!

You didn't even google what I asked you to did ya!

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Its not like anyone from up north is willing to take a job here for $25-$30/hour.

HUH?

No one in my family makes That kind of money

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
I haven't even read or seen his speech, but it must have been pretty bad considering all of the talking points and propaganda buzzwords used in this thread.

Does anyone have the ability to think freely anymore?

You didn't hear his speech, but yet you slam those who are complaining??????

No, I haven't heard his speech and I am slamming those that have already stooped to using the same rhetoric and BS that they use in any other discussion.

Cloward-Piven........give me a break.

I have many issues with Obama and his policies but I do not have to parrot the talking points to address those issues. This discussion evolved as any other thread involving Obama does. Little actual thought, tons of rhetoric and talking points.

*sigh*

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Look at my last reply to Buster!

Spin away by blind friend!

So in othe rwords, you have no argument. Fair enough.

I'm not the one spinning anything here, my brainwashed right win gnut countryman. And I'm not the one making the claim that Obama is doing anything illegal. You are, so the burden of proof would be on you.

I have already provided my evidence, but nothing other than typical right wing rants have come from your side. I'm still waiting. So far, you have not provided any facts. Just rants.

So far, I have shown you that the 1986 bill and Obama's EO basically do the same thing: grant amnesty to millions of illegals in the country. And I have shown you that an EO is legal.

The only difference here is because your Patron Saint Ronnie approved the bill, it was ok. But your boogeyman does the same thing, it's fascism.

Whatever floats your boat. It doesn't change reality, nor does it change the fact that you have little to no interest in reality. Just your own spin.

link   

Funny pretty damn sure they were killed on Reids desk.

They never made it to Reid. Bohner is in the House Reid is in the Senate you and Seeker do understand this part don't you?

But hey no matter what it's the 'rights fault'.

Bohner is a Republican so yes it is the right's fault for not voting on it. Buck up and face facts.

The left can do no wrong.

Never once did I say they could do no wrong so you can stop the whining at any time.

As per Obama acting like a despotic dictator with his 'Executive actions' to give his party new voters.

LOL The classic he's a dictator cry. If this is true then all the President's since and including Reagan are dictators because they have all used some form of EO when it came to immigration.

link   
a reply to: U4ns21
welcome to the forum, I am the daughter of immigrants too

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join