It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is announcing immigration reform ....

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Seems like it would be better to give a green card to those who have already been going through the process, not to those who are here already.. Other wise it will be majority South American.. Repatriation for the rest and the can apply... Simple..
edit on 20-11-2014 by uggghhh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Another gem quote from the master....

And let’s be honest – tracking down, rounding up, and deporting millions of people isn’t realistic. Anyone who suggests otherwise isn’t being straight with you.

And yet he expects people to believe they can get 1/2 of those "millions" to get voluntarily documented. Probably involving more paperwork than usual, and still "temporary".

Another Red Herring

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
www.politifact.com...

Our ruling When asked to explain why he suddenly feels he can use executive action to address immigration issues, Obama said, "My position hasn’t changed." Obama has been asked about his ability to use his office to change immigration rules in the U.S. in many ways throughout the years. Sometimes, he has been asked broadly, but other times, he was asked about very specific measures, such as not splitting up families or freezing deportations for parents of DREAMers. In answering those questions, Obama’s position has clearly changed. Whereas he used to say his ability to take action ended at deferring action on DREAMers, he now is saying there are at least some things he can do and intends to do. Even absent the specifics of his plan, it’s very clear his tune is much different now. We rate the claim False.
well politifact seems to be rating his claims down right lies and they tend to be pretty accurate in how they rate things and include a variety of sources that show the numerious times he said one thing then did another at least as far as this EO goes

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Good find !!!

Especially since the Tampa Bay Times is generally a Left Wing Journal.

Excellent.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
a reply to: seeker1963

Where is your bleeding heart now?

My heart bleeds for all people in need...as should yours.

OH WAIT! I DON"T HAVE BED!

Stop by, brother. I have a place you can lay your head.

Children from other countries deserves a home and bed more than I do!

Everyone deserves a home and a bed. But I do tend to put children before grown men.....forgive me.

Were your one of those who spit on the Viet Nam Vets coming home too?

Sorry, that was before my time. Don't have time to spit on vets because I was busy raising my brother's children while he serving two tours in Iraq. Again, forgive me.

Sucks when it's shoved in your face that our own have issues that can't be taken care of doesn't it?

We all have issues. Why don't we work together as humans to pull out of the fog, rather than place our priorities on country and money?

I am new here as of this post because I just had to reply to this post! - and I have to say that all of your replies sound just like the vomit that comes out of the Liar in chiefs mouth...

- I'm a criminal out on bail and need a place to sleep (example)... will you take me in and feel safe for the night?

- that's wonderful that you put children before grown people - but, will you put your own 'American homeless children' first before others? It doesn't sound like you will.

- REALLY? Nam was before your time? Ok, So its not worth learning about???? learn something about the Nam Vets - those were people who were DRAFTED! and treated like sewer sludge when they returned.....Iraq and Afgan.....volunteered....and everyone salutes them. - I WILL NOT! - they are not fighting for American 'FREEDOM' they are fighting for the banking cartels that own America and they have been brainwashed to believe that they are fighting for 'Americans"...
Its not about the wars , its about who gains financially because of the wars.

Yes, we all have issues....and we are allowing and voting in the sociopaths to call the shots!!! You have a long fr-ing road to travel if you think that all will be sunshine and unicorns that the world will come together and agree on anything!!!!---ever!!!!

Sorry - rant!

New here....Hello!
(I will be reading more than I post)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
But beyond that, I think border security is a far more important issue than immigration alone, and in fixing border security, we probably could fix the immigration problem on top of it. The biggest problem with our southern border is not the influx of immigrants themselves, but the multitude of bad elements that operate around them. Like drug cartels and gangs, potential terrorists, criminals, all can come and go as they please with little to no resistance. As a result, the southern border in many areas has become war zones. And what do you do when a war is creeping on your borders? You send in your military.

The reason for this is because we gave the southern border to the cartels. They police it for us and in exchange we let them smuggle in people and drugs. Ever wonder why despite being supposedly unguarded we haven't had a flood of terrorists from the southern border? That's why.

Putting up a fence and enforcing the border on our end is essentially declaring war on the cartels at which point they can use their vast resources (larger than most countries) to help our enemies get past the border. Basically, it's a fight that we can't win as we can never take military action past our border putting us permanently on the defensive, and to participate in we'll take some hits. No politician wants to be a part of that.
edit on 21-11-2014 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

This comparison is going to sound harsh but it is the truth. If you see ants inside your house do you feed them? I understand people are not ants but the moral is the same. If you grant amnesty we might as well not have a border or agents patrolling it.

And before you cry out racist one of my best friends is Mexican his family came here legally. They learned the language and care about this country. When they retire or make enough money they are not going home because America is home.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

This comparison is going to sound harsh but it is the truth. If you see ants inside your house do you feed them? I understand people are not ants but the moral is the same. If you grant amnesty we might as well not have a border or agents patrolling it.

And before you cry out racist one of my best friends is Mexican his family came here legally. They learned the language and care about this country. When they retire or make enough money they are not going home because America is home.

So you want to deal with people as if they were ants?

This is not amnesty, only Congress can pass "Amnesty" This is temporary relief status to the parents of children that are U.S. Cititzens.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

The reason for this is because we gave the southern border to the cartels. They police it for us and in exchange we let them smuggle in people and drugs. Ever wonder why despite being supposedly unguarded we haven't had a flood of terrorists from the southern border? That's why.

Actually, I have wondered why, and what you have just said makes a sick sort of sense. I mean, our government since the 80's has been in cahoots with the drug cartels in various ways, from anti-communist insurgencies to money laundering and selling of weapons. The CIA worked with the cartels to create the crack epidemic. So it wouldn't surprise me if they cooked up some backroom deal: The cartels keep the jihadis out, in exchange, we let them conduct their business and their wars unimpeded.

It has puzzled me for the longest time. Why have no terrorists come through the non-existent border to conduct their attacks? It would be the most logical route, and it's not like Mexico is known for great security in the first place. What you said makes sense.

Putting up a fence and enforcing the border on our end is essentially declaring war on the cartels at which point they can use their vast resources (larger than most countries) to help our enemies get past the border. Basically, it's a fight that we can't win as we can never take military action past our border putting us permanently on the defensive, and to participate in we'll take some hits. No politician wants to be a part of that.

So once again, we come full circle to the truth: Conservatives and liberals both have a very vested interest in keeping things the way they are and doing nothing about the problem. Without border security, all attempts at immigration reform are utterly useless, empty gestures. And focusing on what to do with illegals diverts discussion and attention towards the real issue, which is a border our leaders have no intention of protecting.

Business as usual, and all the rants and political mudslinging over this issue are ultimately moot as well. If no one is going to secure our borders, then we might as well grant total and unconditional amnesty to every illegal here now, and all that come in the future.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Oh dear!

Why yes people stop 'demonizing' ILLEGAL immigrants!

Focus all that 'hatred' on rich people,gun owners,and bankers instead!

Actually, it makes more sense to hate the bankers and the very wealthy than illegals. Illegals have never done anything bad to me. Can't say the same about the bankers and wealthy, who have cost me jobs, residences, and relegated people I know and care about to soul killing poverty to line their pockets, so yeah, hating them does make sense. Just make sure you add their lobbyists and political lackeys to the hate list.

I know very few people who actively hate gun owners, and those people are extreme pacifists, so they are rare anyway.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

Why would he be deported if he's impeached?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

I made myself fairly clear.....People are not ants. But in the US right now we are undermining the very fabric of our country by having an open border. How many times would you be alright with amnesty....1...2...3....4. If we do not draw a line this does not have an end ever. We might as well allow Mexico to become the 51st sate.

And this is not amnesty as much as Obama care was not a tax.
edit on 21-11-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I don't think it goes far enough. He's still expecting a Congress that's only going to get more ludicrous in January to do anything but make everything easier for the ultra-rich. He'll be accused of acting as a dictator anyway he should have just gone for permanence.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
To be honest I thought there would be more public out cry on this. Every poll and I've seen taken for this shows more people say "no" over "yes". The silence worries me more then a mass of out cry and protest.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: seeker1963

They don't care. Hell all it would take is a two second google search that would bring up stuff like this:

The Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), Pub.L. 99–603, 100 Stat. 3445, enacted November 6, 1986, also known as the Simpson-Mazzoli Act, signed into law by Ronald Reagan on November 6, 1986, is an Act of Congress which reformed United States immigration law. The Act[1

en.wikipedia.org...

Simpson MAzzoli Act !!!!

Clearly not an eo.

It was an act of congress the way it was meant to be.

Signed in to law.

For the people who don't know how to properly use a search engine.
Executive Order 12324 - Interdiction of Illegal Aliens
Executive Order 12582 - Naturalization Requirements Exceptions for Aliens and Non-Citizen Nationals of the United States Who Served in the Grenada Campaign
Reagan did use EO's when it came to how immigration law is enforced.

Why did you leave this out Buster?

Citation: Ronald Reagan: "Executive Order 12582 - Naturalization Requirements Exceptions for Aliens and Non-Citizen Nationals of the United States Who Served in the Grenada Campaign

From one of your own links?

They served!

Keep spinnin bro!

Grenada didn't even last a year. So they should be given special treatment over people who grew up in this nation? Like I said which you can't seem to understand is he used EO's to not enforce immigration laws.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth
a reply to: muse7

I made myself fairly clear.....People are not ants. But in the US right now we are undermining the very fabric of our country by having an open border. How many times would you be alright with amnesty....1...2...3....4. If we do not draw a line this does not have an end ever. We might as well allow Mexico to become the 51st sate.

And this is not amnesty as much as Obama care was not a tax.

What makes you think we have an open border? We have over 20K people currently patrolling that border stopping illegals from coming in but it is impossible to catch everyone. Besides we already have a 51st state and it is located in the ME.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

a reply to: Aazadan

Well then what exactly are their "police" duties?

Interesting concept.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

That's all well and nice, but does nothing but hurt the fabric of America. Feel good stories and good intentions doesn't keep countries intact.

The general American population is guilty of this as well, but if we keep importing people who have no plans of assimilation, no plans of learning American history or values, (no matter what you think of it) America will fall and become an extension of Mexico.

Which makes me wonder why the Democrats are doing this. They're pandering for votes, but what good are votes if you have no country?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: f4rwest
a reply to: Daedal

That's all well and nice, but does nothing but hurt the fabric of America. Feel good stories and good intentions doesn't keep countries intact.

The general American population is guilty of this as well, but if we keep importing people who have no plans of assimilation, no plans of learning American history or values, (no matter what you think of it) America will fall and become an extension of Mexico.

Which makes me wonder why the Democrats are doing this. They're pandering for votes, but what good are votes if you have no country?

Why do you think they won't assimilate/integrate?

It typically takes 3 generations to go from immigrant to not speaking their native language. Even when my great grandfather came from Hungary....my mom doesn't speak any Hungarian any more.

The only thing that will ever keep immigrants from integrating into the society they are joining is that society choosing to not allow them to integrate.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
So the Democratic party just got a sh*t load of new voters for their party, because I'm sure these illegals won't be voting for any republican candidates once they're made citizens... rewarding criminals is always a good solution, Mr. President...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join