It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is announcing immigration reform ....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Well now that hes set the prescedent............

Why should any of us follow any law?

Apparently the rule of law is null in void .........I guess we can pick and choose what laws to follow.....

Why should we have to follow any laws if the president doesnt have to?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well , I guess Foreign Spies , Drug Cartel Mules , Terrorists from Multiple Hostile States , and Criminals of All Sorts were quite Happy after hearing Our Criminal In Chief give that Blatantly Obvious Political Spin Speech .

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
How many us citizens would go and work in a country where the money you earn is ten times more than you can make here if that country was within walking distance? I would go and send my check back here in a heart beat. When that is addressed then the border will be secure.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Well , I guess Foreign Spies , Drug Cartel Mules , Terrorists from Multiple Hostile States , and Criminals of All Sorts were quite Happy after hearing Our Criminal In Chief give that Blatantly Obvious Political Spin Speech .

Didn't Obama clearly state the focus of deportation are going to be towards felons? Who have recently entered?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Why should any of us follow any law?

Thank you for stating the obvious to us, but is lost on the administrations supporters.

Illegal immigration covers quite a bit of political issues.

Here they are saying the law doesn't work, needs changed, because some people aren't following it.

Then in the same breath on any other sunday turn around, and say we need more LAW when it comes to other things that go bang bang, and look scary.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Our Immigration system is not broken!!! The Enforcement is broken! The Southern border with that turd hole Mexico is broken! I know cops that picked up illegals, called ICE to pick them up only for ICE to never show up.

He only did this to try and antagonize the Republicans into Impeachment or some other drastic measure so he can get democrats to love him again and unite against the Normal people, us Republicans. Obama can suck it, I hope he is brought in front of a firing squad for High Treason. I think when the Supreme Court takes this they will shoot it down but if there is another rush to the border, Obama is going to be rushing out of the white house when pissed off Americans chase him out.

This clown is not President and sure is not King, This is America and we have laws!!! Now we just need our chicken crap Army Generals to stand up and do their dam job.

edit on 20-11-2014 by Patriotsrevenge because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2014 by Patriotsrevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

What he is doing is his version of what 'fair play' is:

As immigration law is currently set up, and has been since pretty much the beginning.

No ethnic groups from anywhere in the world was shown favoritism.

Anyone who wants to come here can, and get in line.

What Obama has done is boldly declare that them folks down south are more important than other people from elsewhere.

Which is hardly 'fair'.

If Obama thought for one second there was ZERO political benefit for his party ?

We wouldn't even be talking about it.

edit on 20-11-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

For clarity,

how does Obama's plan compare to Reagan's ?

Is that a serious question?

Link

What is the difference here?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

Didn't Obama clearly state the focus of deportation are going to be towards felons? Who have recently entered?

Like when he clearly stated that if "you like your doctor..... you can keep your doctor"?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedal
a reply to: Night Star

And who or what let that happen?

ETA
How much money do you have to have to go through the proper channels?

If your poor can you get in line?

They have money for stolen identities and fraudulent paperwork and coyotes to help them over. If these were 'poor' people, they wouldn't have a penny to their names. Our poor people can't pay their bills, never mind save money to move out of the Country. They live on the streets.

One illegal I used to work with said she could afford to come legally, but didn't feel like waiting! Some said they got more by being illegal. I have worked with many illegals throughout the years and have yet to meet a 'poor' illegal. I have seen some come here and within no time they have all the latest gadgets...expensive cell phones, computers, decent vehicles etc. Like I said, our poor people are living on the streets or in tents in tent cities and have no money to travel anywhere!

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The Rule of Law only works when the laws are just and worthy of being followed. With that being said, I am not sure holding your nose while talking about "illegals" is really justified under the rule of law, given that it is mostly predicated on our governments own actions within the borders of those foreign lands that creates the environment where people think it is more worthwhile to come here (to be treated like sub human dirt) rather than stay home. Let that sink in: they feel more welcome here in the US, where people treat them like a third class semi human than they do in their own homes.

Yes, the immigration system is broke. No, locking down the influx of immigrants isn't the answer (trust me, i live on the border and since none of you Americans will come here to fill our desperate need for workers, we would LOVE to give jobs to people who actually want to work instead of bitch about the unemployment).

No. I'm sick of seeing this relegation to 3rd class citizen all the hard working people that I have known throughout my life. At least they are willing to come here to work. Its not like anyone from up north is willing to take a job here for $25-$30/hour.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Yes he did say that.

But now let's see if the criminals actually get caught.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Allowing parents of American citizens to stay here is a bad thing?

They were anchor babies. The parents come here illegally and have a baby and that makes the baby an American? That law was meant for slaves way back when, not illegal immigrants!

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

For clarity,

how does Obama's plan compare to Reagan's ?

Is that a serious question?

Link

What is the difference here?

Line by line examples would help your arguments.

link   
a reply to: Night Star

I have known at least 2 dozen folks in my life who were "illegal" and make twice monthly trips back to Mexico. Not a single one of them used a "coyote". 90% of the folks here illegally didn't have someone smuggle them across. At least, not if they are free to run around (i.e., not sex slaves).

One thing I tend to ask myself when I see animals migrating from hither to yon: where are they coming from, and why are they leaving.

link   
The difference was congress wrote Reagans 'amensty'.

Then right along with the 'amnesties' passed by Clinton he passed something else that has played the biggest part in illegal immigration:

That would be NAFTA.

Then one can also look at the CIA and Drug Cartels business together that have both increased illegal immigration.

And the latest helping of stupid was Fast And Furious when the DOJ was arming drug cartels.

Yeah well I imagine after 16 years of CLinton, Bush, and Obama.

Immigration might be an issue.

Hell how about they stop trying to 'help' the people down south.

Seems to me that would be an easier fix.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

If he did then explain how ICE has already released felons back into our society due to orders from the Big House.........

Stop, covering for his pathetic ass and motives! Look at what he says and what he has done!

Putin makes one hell of a charismatic speech as well, do you love him?
edit on 20-11-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Very good speech and I agree with the Executive Action.

Something needs to be done period, and instead of having these 5 million people living in the shadows, working under the table, driving without licenses and insurance why not grant them a work permit as long as they can prove that they have been living here for 5+ years, are not felons and have children that are U.S. Citizens?

It's time for Republicans to put up or shut up.

They want something done? Then they can pass a comprehensive and humane bill to deal with these people.

Also this is not a green card or citizenship.

This is temporary relief status that will last for 3 years to parents of children that are U.S. Citizens

edit on 11/20/2014 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I am not sure holding your nose while talking about "illegals" is really justified under the rule of law

It's totally justified. In more ways than one.

By universally accepted law I can't break in to your house, and do what i want.

Then again on the federal level to.

Since the resources here can only supply a limited number of people at any given time.

Too many folks around not enough to go around as everyone clearly sees today.

Immigration law was set up to slow the flow of people in to any given area so that it could absorb them, then add more as there was space available.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

In a country where city officials can outlaw blankets for homeless people, I am not shocked by much anything I see.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join