It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is announcing immigration reform ....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

If you aren't fond of them coming here, then perhaps we should address our government turning their nation(s) into a collective Central American cesspool.

How long as the CIA been running operations down there, subverting governments and acting as a go between for Muslim terrorists and latin guerilla armies?

"Rule of law" he says.

link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Nice that you avoided the rest of the post to focus on that one thing, but whatever, I'll bite.

Yes, Regan Granted AMNESTY

How it came to pass is irrelevant. The end result is the same. Amnesty, with supposed "safeguards" that are as effective as a cheesecloth condom.

So again, I'm not exactly sure what argument you are trying to make. Regan and Bush both granted Amnesty to illegals. Clinton didn't need to, since he opened our borders with NAFTA anyway.

link   

originally posted by: muse7
Very good speech and I agree with the Executive Action.

Something needs to be done period, and instead of having these 5 million people living in the shadows, working under the table, driving without licenses and insurance why not grant them a work permit as long as they can prove that they have been living here for 5+ years, are not felons and have children that are U.S. Citizens?

It's time for Republicans to put up or shut up.

They want something done? Then they can pass a comprehensive and humane bill to deal with these people.

Also this is not a green card or citizenship.

This is temporary relief status that will last for 3 years to parents of children that are U.S. Citizens

What about the homeless Americans and their children????

Screw them right?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Sorry I don't understand all the hate. I have worked with both legal and illegals and they are good people. My real world experience doesn't match up to the ideology preacher here.

+2 more 
link   
a reply to: muse7

They want something done? Then they can pass a comprehensive and humane bill to deal with these people.

how about if we follow Mexico's lead and use their immigration laws for a model?

link   

Like i said: we have dozens of jobs here that will start you at $25/hr. Many will also provide you a company truck to drive. We need workers. Unless northerners want to stop bitching about illegal immigration and unemployment, and come here and take these jobs, it would seem that we have a problem providing basic resources to our own nation and might be able to use some help. The oil isn't going to pump itself, nor will it refine itself into fuel for the rest of the country to run.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

If you aren't fond of them coming here, then perhaps we should address our government turning their nation(s) into a collective Central American cesspool.

Too right I am not very fond of people who think they are above the law.

That includes both illegals, and those shills on capitol hill who has turned this country in to a cesspool.

Don't have any problems what so ever with anyone who got in line, and knocked on the door to come in here.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Very good speech and I agree with the Executive Action.

Something needs to be done period, and instead of having these 5 million people living in the shadows, working under the table, driving without licenses and insurance why not grant them a work permit as long as they can prove that they have been living here for 5+ years, are not felons and have children that are U.S. Citizens?

It's time for Republicans to put up or shut up.

Also this is not a green card or citizenship.

This is temporary relief status that will last for 3 years to parents of children that are U.S. Citizens

What about the homeless Americans and their children????

Screw them right?

What about them?

I would happily support expanding social safety nets to provide these families with food, electricity and everything they need to live comfortably.

Perhaps you should email your Republican congressman about this issue.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I respect that. And from my experience generally speaking. Undocumented individuals usually live with many other people in the same house, and they usually all work construction or in the restaurant industry.

I don't doubt what you say but, not everyone falls into that category. If you have that much money to come into the US, you are either selling drugs or prostituting yourself to pay the way.

And l highly doubt every person coming here illegally has had enough money to pay for the proper channels.

Either way their here and we don't know who they are. At least now if they do come out and register, we have a better count of whose here.

edit on 20-11-2014 by Daedal because: edit

link   

Republicans don't care about American homeless, why pretend you do?

link   
I haven't even read or seen his speech, but it must have been pretty bad considering all of the talking points and propaganda buzzwords used in this thread.

Does anyone have the ability to think freely anymore?

link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

how about if we follow Mexico's lead and use their immigration laws for a model?

How about we do something humane and show the world how America deals with humanitarian problems instead of lowering ourselves to the standard operating procedures of third world countries?
edit on 11/20/2014 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/20/2014 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Nice that you avoided the rest of the post to focus on that one thing, but whatever, I'll bite.

Yes, Regan Granted AMNESTY

How it came to pass is irrelevant. The end result is the same. Amnesty, with supposed "safeguards" that are as effective as a cheesecloth condom.

So again, I'm not exactly sure what argument you are trying to make. Regan and Bush both granted Amnesty to illegals. Clinton didn't need to, since he opened our borders with NAFTA anyway.

No it is not irrelevant!

Reagan passed amnesty "Legally"!

He had it passed by the house and senate, it was sent to his desk and he signed it!

This crap being pushed by the left that "well Reagan did it blah blah blah" is not what our Emperor Obama is doing! Obama is saying screw the constitution I am the KING!

Either way, I don't give a squat! The end is coming, and for those of you who adore your political church in the hopes they will save the world, will be the most pathetic of those of us who will be trying to survive!

Two wings same bird!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
And the third world flooding across our border is a grand start.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

How about we do something humane and show the world how America deals with humanitarian problems instead of lowering ourselves to the standard operating procedures of third world countries?

Too late!

Ask the Libyan people how they feel about democracy!

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Obama has been called the Deporter in Chief.

Deportations are at an all time high.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

edit on 20-11-2014 by neo96 because: nevermind

link   

Obama has been called the Deporter in Chief.

Deportations are at an all time high.

LOL don't let facts get in the way of there ideology and hatemongering!!

link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

One thing I tend to ask myself when I see animals migrating from hither to yon: where are they coming from, and why are they leaving.

I asked them. Many have come here with no desire whatsoever of staying. They make money here which is worth a LOT more in their own Country, then they move back home. One lady has a ranch and horses and cows and other animals and a big house. Another lady I knew has a big house near the ocean. I don't know what happened to the others who moved back. I presume they are doing quite well for themselves. I am still in touch with the lady who has the ranch.

Some of the illegal women claimed a one income household when in reality they were not. They worked, the husbands worked under the table and their combined income was well over the poverty level! They received food stamps, cheap housing, medical and a nice life going but through deceit. They told me I could do the same. What the...??? I wasn't raised that way. I tried telling them that there are people who desperately needed those benefits. They just shrugged their shoulders. One of them said, "Well, America is stupid." I had to agree!

link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
I haven't even read or seen his speech, but it must have been pretty bad considering all of the talking points and propaganda buzzwords used in this thread.

Does anyone have the ability to think freely anymore?

You didn't hear his speech, but yet you slam those who are complaining??????

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join