It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution is a farce: Evidence

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: josehelps

First of all, nobody ever said that radio waves grow in the wild. I'm not sure what led you to make that claim, but I assume you're trying to compare supernatural powers to "radio waves" and "words." Unlike supernatural powers, radio waves can be measured, using actual math and science. They are made up of particles called photons, and they contain electromagnetic energy. And words are just a definition that humans came up with to describe parts of our language--that was a terrible example. However, you claim that "The supernatural is not tested, bound, measured, observed, understood, or even remotely related to science." So again I pose the question, so how could you possible know it exists.

Please do yourself a favor and don't speak about that you don't understand even the basics of. You keep mentioning DNA and genetics, but it's clear as day that you lack a fundamental understanding of genetics. This is compounded by the fact that your statements about DNA are completely wrong. This is not an insult, it's merely a recommendation for your benefit, because if someone were to ask you more detailed questions about the claims you make about DNA, you would be unable to provide an answer. For example, without copying and pasting from a website, explain to me what it means for DNA to be inverted, how this effects the function of DNA, and what specific deleterious effects inversions may produce. Also, I'd like you to explain in more detail about the "gross amount of defects," and how this is evidence for your claims. BY THE WAY, just so you don't embarrass yourself any further, your usage of the word "gross" is completely wrong. I know you think it means "disgusting," but it has a completely different meaning in science. In genetics, a gross defect means a change in the chromosomal structure.

Next, there is no documented verifiable proof that aliens exist. Yes, people throughout history have said they've seen aliens, but this is not good enough. People lie all the time. They do it for attention, money, ego. If it was a documented fact that aliens exist and have visited this planet, there would be at least one peer-reviewed scientific paper revealing such. Not one exists. There would also be pictures. Every single alien/UFO picture has been debunked as a hoax, or explained by natural phenomena (hot air balloons, weather satellites, airplanes, etc). Show me a neutral source that verifies that our government knows of "160 species of aliens." You have absolutely zero basis for this statement. You read this off of some website that is dedicated to aliens/UFOs, despite the fact that they have no verifiable evidence.

Lastly, you're not making any valid points regarding your claims about osteoporosis. Humans acquire age-related changes as they get older. If we didn't, then we would live forever. Nothing about the fact that humans develop osteoporosis suggests that we're incompatible with this planet. There is more than enough food that provide sufficient amounts of calcium. The vast majority of osteoporosis cases have nothing to do with diet; they are a part of normal human aging. And your claim about the sun..it's also important to realize that our o-zone has slowly degenerated over time from the usage of greenhouse gases. O-zone depletion allows more UV-B light to reach earth, and UV-B has the potential to cause DNA breaks, leading to sunburns and sometimes cancer.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

This is not meant to be confrontational, but I think you ought to go back and actually read josehelps' theories. He's not a creationist. Once you read what he has to say, you'll realize that he's so far beyond hopeless that it's not even worth it to try and talk rationally to him.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: kayej1188

To be fair I've seen this line of argument from Creationists an d IDers exclusively and assumed ... so I apologize for lumping him (?) in with that Bunch. I am still recovering from the brain damage the post on DNA caused me (I've post grad qualifications in SYnthetic Chemistry and Bioinformatics, specifically genomics ... it hurt!)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: josehelps

Ok I can't let this lie. I probably should, but sod it.

(a) Mitochondrial Eve is not (and never was supposed to be) an actual individual. She is hypothetical individual many thousands of years ago. We know nothing much about her.

(b) The very existence of her and "Y-Chromosomal Adam" are controversial to population geneticists. So to use her as evidence for anything much (beyond Humans came from Africa) is dodgy as hell.

(c) I fear for your understanding of genetics, genomics, and such from statements you are making here. Please don't wave these tools around as if you actually understand them. You will have someones eye out

Oh and the person who first made the car, did not make gasoline (petrol). The first car was steam powered
Petrolium was isolated by a chemist, a car was not made by a chemist. QED a non sequitor from you.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Don't you just love it when people who would not be able to explain the fundamental basics of transcription and translation make claims about DNA and purport that it's somehow evidence against evolution. If only they knew how ridiculous they sounded.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
So who wants to wager some bananas this thread steamrolls the page count of the other "evolution is false" thread on the front page of the Origins and Creationism forum?

Top Ten Scientific Facts : Evolution is False and Impossible.

Currently at 62 pages.

This one is at 56.

I'm going to say this one goes to at least 75.

I bet twenty bananas.

All your bananas belong to me!

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

You know who likes Bananas? Kirk Cameron. He does not like evolution
Or Druids but thats another story
Also hands of my Banana!

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: josehelps
a reply to: Krazysh0t What I was trying to say, is that we didn't keep any of their language, or their ways. WE HAVE NOTHING IN COMMON WITH THEM ASIDE FROM THE FACT THEY ARE A FORM OF HUMANOID.

And 98% of our dna.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

You know who likes Bananas? Kirk Cameron. He does not like evolution
Or Druids but thats another story
Also hands of my Banana!

I thought that Kirk Cameron was gurning his way to saving Christmas or something, with a performance that was a 0.75 of an Irons, on the Jeremy-Irons-Overacting scale?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Evolution is NOT a farce but it does have some holes in the theory.

Too say that anything can evolved from anything into anything is a licence to lie

The structure for DNA or RNA cannot happen by accident no more than taking a car engine to bits that contains 400 parts and jungling them up in side a bag untill the engine splatters back to life.

Something helped along the way and it was most likly a team of super advance software developers with IQs of 5000 or something like that.

Man is no more cutting edge than a wheel is cutting edge but we do have a purpose as a cog in the machine

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

And 98% of our dna.

Again i can see you know your stuff but we also have about 50% in common with a fruit fly and also an apple too.

its a lego set if you ask me that can be used to build anything but some sets come with extra's like little electric motors to make a car move.

We should talk more

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
a reply to: Krazysh0t

And 98% of our dna.

Again i can see you know your stuff but we also have about 50% in common with a fruit fly and also an apple too.

Yep, evolution says we all come from a common ancestor so it reasons that we share dna similarities with every organism on the planet.

its a lego set if you ask me that can be used to build anything but some sets come with extra's like little electric motors to make a car move.

We should talk more

I see it as a recursive tree that every generation gets a bit more complex.
edit on 11-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: josehelps
a reply to: Prezbo369 If someone or something is smart enough to create you, let alone a whole planet in perfect balance, I'm sure they would provide you with the proper sun that doesn't damage you.

Then surely this person/thing wouldn't create planet that's filled with dangerous plants, animals, chemicals and natural disasters?

Why isn't the floor made from a nice soft material so we never injure ourselves/die when we fall over? why does water the most abundant element on the planet drown us? why do so many people die every year from chocking on their food?

Does the planet you think we came from have all these baby-safe features?

Skin cancer caused by the suns rays is but one cause of cancer, there are a great many other cancers caused by very 'natural' elements on this planet.

Would you ever invent a car if there was no gasoline?

Solar/electric cars?.....

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: kayej1188

And this is the catch-22: if they had the self-awareness and knowledge to know how stupid they sound, they wouldn't be saying such stupid things in the first place.
edit on 11-12-2014 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
Evolution is NOT a farce but it does have some holes in the theory.

Such as?

Too say that anything can evolved from anything into anything is a licence to lie

I'm pretty sure the theory of evolution does not state this.

The structure for DNA or RNA cannot happen by accident

You have proof of this?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

He also uses the "perfection" of the banana as evidence of Jehovah's creation of all (lets ignore how humans have modified said fruit), the lack of crocoduck as a transitory fossil as anti evolutionary evidence. All this inbetween making terrible movies, and trying to infiltrate pagan rituals to prove we are evil

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

No credible scientist will say "anything" can "evolve" from "anything else". However over time, most things (if viable) can evolve to more complex/adapted things. Hence yes Chimps and Humans share a common ancestor. They did not evolve from one another however.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

I am guessing (I could be wrong here) that he (?) is talking about the chirality of Nucleic acids (also amino acids and sugars). Given life is very specific on such things, evolution deniers hold up this reliance on a specific chirality as "proof of Deity". It is no such thing however. There was an article recently in New Scientist or Scientific american (or hell it might have been IFLS (I f*cking love science), I read them all) about work in that area. I wish I had kept a link to it.

Chirality has been shown to be induced from rock surfaces, and other such places. Once life became oriented to that single form, it hard wired it in, so our enzymes will only accept one "handedness" as good, and the opposite is usually toxic as hell, or just ignored (if lucky)

If its not that? There have been studies (and no I'm not going to go looking for you Creationists, as you will refute it, and thus waste my time even more) showing how they could have formed (give me a TARDIS and I'll get the definitive answer guys ... I promise not to use it for my own needs ... honest) which show that they could have formed, and well polymerization is easy from that point froward.

Basically another logically flawed argument of "I can't work out how it's done, thus Deity/Aliens did it".

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Of course, but that doesn't mean it's OUR star specifically made to suit our needs. Ever run your car on acetone?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Oh we don't have to go looking for them, they come looking for us. You might consider reading chapter 13 of the FEMA manual.

www.greatdreams.com...

It's the real deal, and they are a real problem. People just need to wake up and quit being so incredulous.

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join