It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Says Russia has invaded the Ukraine (10th time)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
From my limited understanding of the thread thus far:

Pro-Russian poster links a BBC article claiming Russian invasion of Ukraine.
Poster says (basically) "pics or it didn't happen"

Pics, videos, reports from OSCE, etc are provided.
"Still didn't happen."

Am I correct?

Correct

This is the game they liked to play. Since they cant refute facts they try to have the same failed argument over and over and over again.

But what do you think about the latest MH17 information ?

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Pics, videos, reports from OSCE, etc are provided.

Someone showed a picture of six trucks that were most likely just some of the trucks and tanks that the rebels seized when fighting first stated plus some shelling around the airport that might had involved rebel tanks that have been fighting for months over the airport.

Sorry but I've seen nothing like the D-Day landing or even a football pitch invasion to indicate that the Russians started invading on the 7/8th of November so maybe I am missing the point and need to be looking for a poppy invasion or something.

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

Are you talking about the Germans saying it was shot down by another plane or is it something I don't know about yet ?

Please tell
edit on 10-11-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

It is completely off topic. This thread is about how propagandists distort the news; how a legitimate report by the BBC about a statement made by a spokesperson can be twisted into a lie for propaganda purposes. Take your MH17 discussin to an appropriate thread, please.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

Sorry but I've seen nothing like the D-Day landing or even a football pitch invasion to indicate that the Russians started invading on the 7/8th of November so maybe I am missing the point and need to be looking for a poppy invasion or something.

There is no need for a D-Day invasion when you can simply walk across an undefended border. Now, are you going to reply to my challenge, or are you going to be a coward?

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

It is completely off topic.

Your not trying that one again are you ?

The press covering up the facts about MH17 is not off topic in the context of the Ukraine and the BBC and might I point out that it is my thread.

So friend why is the BBC not showing what clearly seems to be bullet holes in flight MH17 and debating the comments of a German expert on the subject but instead talking about what some nut job says from Kiev who screamed wolf more times that I've had a hot dinner.

You don't think it bias propaganda do you !

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

It was also discussed in this topic.

This thread is about how propagandists distort the news

What do think the whole MH17 saga is ?

Or are you only interested in bashing VirusGuard ?

Since they cant refute facts they try to have the same failed argument over and over and over again.

Xcathdra seemed to be wanting to talk about facts. Some facts have emerged about BND not having real facts and even Harper not being so sure anymore.

And I wasn`t asking you about it, but Xcathdra.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

The press covering up the facts about MH17 is not off topic in the context of the Ukraine and the BBC and might I point out that it is my thread.

"Your" thread is titled: "BBC Says Russia has invaded the Ukraine (10th time)." I see no mention of MH17.

So friend why is the BBC not showing what clearly seems to be bullet holes in flight MH17 and debating the comments of a German expert on the subject but instead talking about what some nut job says from Kiev who screamed wolf more times that I've had a hot dinner.

So why don't you actually link to where I said it was okay to tell a lie if you say the lie is unconfirmed? If you can't,it will confirm that you are a liar. You lied when you said that the BBC said "Russia has invaded the Ukraine for the tenth time,"and you lied when you put words in my mouth. You have so little integrity you will not even acknowledge you may have "misconstrued" what I said.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
There is no need for a D-Day invasion when you can simply walk across an undefended border. Now, are you going to reply to my challenge, or are you going to be a coward?

By your own words

What the BBC reported was a 100% verified fact. The Ukrainian government did indeed claim that Russian troops were entering Ukraine. The BBC also reported that this claim was unverified. The story is a BLOODY FACT.

The story of Santa clause is a "BLOODY FACT" by your logic because someone did write it after all and if you cannot see the pitfalls of the BBC trying to run it as real news so long as they mention the word "unconfirmed" somewhere then I cannot help you.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

If Santa were real Putin would have shot him down with BUK SAM's anyway.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

The story of Santa clause is a "BLOODY FACT" by your logic because someone did write it after all and if you cannot see the pitfalls of the BBC trying to run it as real news so long as they mention the word "unconfirmed" somewhere then I cannot help you.

WRONG! The story that "someone wrote the story of Santa Clause" is a fact, provided that someone wrote the story. If no-one verifies that person's story, it is "unconfirmed," and that is the BLOODY FACT. I have patiently explained that distinction to you at least twice, yet somehow you seem not to understand it.

You have a habit of misattributing, misquoting and distorting statements made by others. It is what you did in the OP, and it is what you are doing now. I suspect that it is a deliberate tactic to further an agenda. I doubt that I am alone in this suspicion.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

"Your" thread is titled: "BBC Says Russia has invaded the Ukraine (10th time)." I see no mention of MH17.

I see so lets see what else you have to say

There is no need for a D-Day invasion when you can simply walk across an undefended border.

Do you see anything about the D-Day landing in the title ? Didn't think so but feel free to tell yourself off for breaking your own rule.

The words "Carpet bombing" is not in the title and is something that usually happens prior to an "Invasion" or at least a "bombardment" but feel free to use these words IN MY THREAD if you want to discus what most invasions look like because I won't tell you off.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I suspect that it is a deliberate tactic to further an agenda. I doubt that I am alone in this suspicion.

Yes and my agenda is to expose the BBC/CNN for spreading misinformation, I make no secret about it but since you brought up the off topic subject according to your own rules about "suspicion" and suggested I was a liar further up the thread then I have a funny "suspicion" about your agenda since you acting in a way that is likely to result in this thread being closed.

All I can say to you is .......................... well .................err ......... Kissa kiss

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Yes and my agenda is to expose the BBC/CNN for spreading misinformation

Too bad your own source proves that the BBC is not spreading "misinformation." The BBC followed correct journalistic procedure in attributing a statement correctly to its source. You did not. You are the one spreading misinformation. For the benefit of those who have not read the entire thread:

This is what the BBC actually said:

A column of 32 tanks and 30 trucks has crossed into eastern Ukraine from Russia, the Ukrainian government says.

The trucks were carrying ammunition and fighters, said a military spokesman, but the BBC cannot confirm his report.

BBC News [Emphasis mine. --DJW001]

Note that the story is that a Ukrainian spokesperson made a claim, and that the BBC notes that the claim remains unsubstantiated. (Also note that I have acknowledge that I have editorialized by emphasizing certain parts of the text,and that I have explicitly acknowledged this in the post. This is good journalistic practice.)

This is how VirusGuard portrayed that story:

BBC Says Russia has invaded the Ukraine (10th time)

Thread title.

But the BBC did not say Russia has invaded Ukraine in this article! VirusGuard also makes no attempt to substantiate his claim that the BBC has made this statement nine times previously.It is a Potemkin Number, a good indicator of intentional propaganda. Then, after violently misquoting the BBC in his title, he has the nerve to say this:

Well time that the BBC put up or shut up with these wild headlines because they look nothing but stupid to me

The BBC's "wild headline?"

Ukraine crisis: Tanks 'cross border' from Russia

Note the use of the quotation marks to indicate that the BBC is not the one making the statement, but merely reporting the statement. Which headline do you think is more honest? VirusGuard's or the BBC's?

Your agenda seems to be to denigrate responsible journalism so that you can lower the bar for your own claims. I hope that "your" thread does not get closed so that people interested in how they can discern disinformation can learn from it.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard

I suspect that it is a deliberate tactic to further an agenda. I doubt that I am alone in this suspicion.

Yes and my agenda is to expose the BBC/CNN for spreading misinformation, I make no secret about it but since you brought up the off topic subject according to your own rules about "suspicion" and suggested I was a liar further up the thread then I have a funny "suspicion" about your agenda since you acting in a way that is likely to result in this thread being closed.

All I can say to you is .......................... well .................err ......... Kissa kiss

Well when there is proof the BBC didnt lie and your spinning their article yeah it wouldnt surprise me if the thread was shut down. Basically what yo did is slandered a news organization by misrepresenting what they said. And in fact there is evidence to support the article besides the fact that they didnt make the claim just reported it. See your doing exactly what RT has been doing take an article lie to its contents and hope the people dont read the article.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Yes and my agenda is to expose the BBC/CNN for spreading misinformation,

And yet you leave Russian media alone...why is that, do they not spread misinformation and make up stories that they have had to remove from their site altogether?

So your agenda is basically anti west media...not like it was a secret, but you should look closer to the Russian media if you want to expose anyone for misinformation.

And here is a little of what I'm talking about...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

dailysignal.com...

www.stopfake.org...

Now where is your thread about the Russian mis/disinfo that you are so sure the west is doing?

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

At least give him some real sources to work with, The Ukrainian National Security Council, some maps and an amateur Ukrainian propaganda channel....indeed it was little.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity, what do you consider to be "real sources," and why?a reply to: BornAgainAlien

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

At least give him some real sources to work with, The Ukrainian National Security Council, some maps and an amateur Ukrainian propaganda channel....indeed it was little.

And yet it even gives you the Russian media outlets they came from, how about showing something that proves them wrong?

I know unless it isn't coming from the Russian media it isn't a real source to you...

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Has Russia Invaded Ukraine yet? still waiting..

edit on 10-11-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter
Has Russia Invaded Ukraine yet? still waiting..

The Russian invasion of Ukraine started here -

Putin acknowledges Russian military serviceman were in Crimea

and it has not stopped.

The number of Russian soldiers who have been killed or captured in Ukraine confirms that.
edit on 10-11-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join