It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Says Russia has invaded the Ukraine (10th time)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Your response is specifically non specific. Its coming across where media that supports your position is good but if it doesnt support your position its not considered reliable.

does that sum it up?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Why do you even bother with these guys when it comes to topics that involve Russian and U.S geopolitics?

edit on 11-11-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

Why do you bother with these guys?

Because I refuse to remain quiet with only one side of an issue being presented. The truth is important for many reasons.

Besides I get to watch them personally attack me while bitching about my threads while they produce nothing to refute the information contained. In another Ukraine thread I am now being called a Nazi and officially working as western propaganda.\

Their tactic is exactly what putin is doing. They bully people to back down because they dont have anything else to support the argument they try to make.

With that said I am open to suggestions if you think I should make some changes.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Nope. If you feel you are working in defense of the truth, then I have no suggestions to make, sir.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
originally posted by: Xcathdra

The number of Russian soldiers who have been killed or captured in Ukraine confirms that.

Well lots of men from Europe have joined ISIS so what you say does not prove anything

Some Russians with military training have crossed the border to use up their vacation time fighting the Nazi's from Kiev and even other Nazi's from Europe have crossed into the Ukraine to fight along side their mates but that does not make it an official policy of the government regardless of what CNN/BBC would have us believe

Apparently the new offshoot of Blackwater has been filmed in the centre of Kiev with men in full military gear so it seem to cut both ways.

Because I refuse to remain quiet with only one side of an issue being presented. The truth is important for many reasons.

And good for you too

Why would a media outlet comment on media coverage from another media outlet?

Well if the CNN/BBC is making wild accusations then best to show the offending bits and then question it which RT does all the time and the BBC does not because most of the time it is the BBC that are telling pork pies.

When RT is not reporting the news other news stations hide en-mass or exposing the propaganda then I must admit they are stirring up trouble sometimes and I think Catalan elections is just one example but where RT rally wins over people is because they do not treat the views as fools and present physical evidence instead of spinning out a load of speculation, in other words telling people what to think

You or I don't know what brought down flight MH17 but was it left to the BBC who reported it as if they knew within seconds that "Russia did it" then you would not even be aware of what seems to be 30mm bullet holes in the plane to make an informed decision

edit on 11-11-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: darkorange
I think you is wrong and things should be thrashed out in open debates and not behind closed door but its getting harder and harder to do that on the internet and even harder to get anything you say on the front page of Google unless you are preaching the western governments stance.

The world will blow up one day so nothing will matter but that's not to say we should deal with nothing today.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

You or I don't know what brought down flight MH17 but was it left to the BBC who reported it as if they knew within seconds that "Russia did it"

There you go again, telling us what you want us to believe the BBC said, although they never said it. This is exactly the technique that RT uses. Please link to the first bulletin the BBC issued claiming that "Russia did it," or admit that you're just lying again.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

You or I don't know what brought down flight MH17 but was it left to the BBC who reported it as if they knew within seconds that "Russia did it"

There you go again, telling us what you want us to believe the BBC said, although they never said it. This is exactly the technique that RT uses. Please link to the first bulletin the BBC issued claiming that "Russia did it," or admit that you're just lying again.

I suspect that reply will be as forthcoming as pictures of the Ukrainian governments Nazi party badges !

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

Why do you bother with these guys?

Besides I get to watch them personally attack me while bitching about my threads while they produce nothing to refute the information contained. In another Ukraine thread I am now being called a Nazi and officially working as western propaganda.\

Their tactic is exactly what putin is doing. They bully people to back down because they dont have anything else to support the argument they try to make.

With that said I am open to suggestions if you think I should make some changes.

Good for you at least you have the patience. I don't. I have seen too many people on too many threads on too many subjects who absolutely point blank refuse to admit they are wrong in the face of facts presented from many different angles. What worries me is that these people might be able to vote.....that's scary!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad
Good for you at least you have the patience. I don't. I have seen too many people on too many threads on too many subjects who absolutely point blank refuse to admit they are wrong in the face of facts presented from many different angles. What worries me is that these people might be able to vote.....that's scary!

I dunno...

if the "votes" are conducted in the same manner they were in Russia and Crimea I think we will know what is coming down the pipeline before the people who voted are told by the government who they voted for.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001
if you feel that the title of this post is wrong then please report it to the mods but do stop trying to provoke people on ATS by constantly calling them a Liar over and over again, it gets borrowing
Why don't you try to offer something up to prove that the BBC is not a state run propaganda channel or that by adding "unconfirmed" it has nothing to do with media spin even if they keep repeating the same lie several times.

Please link to the first bulletin the BBC issued claiming that "Russia did it,"

I can do even better than that and give you a link were BBC words smiths have been at it again

BBC: Russia aid convoy 'invades Ukraine'

Google "Russia invades Ukraine" and this will come up and that is why its worded like that to mislead people and when the BBC makes a report and then hides "unconfirmed" somewhere in the report you will find that it is all done for a reason.

Prove me wrong and show me a link where the USA invades Ethiopia to deliver aid if you like

Didn't you do any media studies at school !

edit on 11-11-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

if the "votes" are conducted in the same manner they were in Russia and Crimea I think we will know what is coming down the pipeline before the people who voted are told by the government who they voted for.

Come now I think we both know that you could also say that about the USA who likes to rely on electronic voting and even the guy who programmed some of the electronic polling booths demonstrated how to swing the votes in the machine.

Numerous examples in the USA of even the dead voting so I don't think Russia could possibly teach the USA anything new when it comes to voter fraud do you

Nice try but its a bit lame.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

The people of the US don't directly vote for the President of the US. We use the electoral college for that based on the peoples vote. Secondly the US is not a democracy.

The difference would be the issues about the US voting issues made the news and were investigated. The same cant be said for Russia / Crimea / South / East Ukraine can it?
edit on 11-11-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

if you feel that the title of this post is wrong then please report it to the mods but do stop trying to provoke people on ATS by constantly calling them a Liar over and over again, it gets borrowing

I will stop confronting liars when they stop telling lies. It is not my fault if you are so inured to lying that the accusations get boring.

Why don't you try to offer something up to prove that the BBC is not a state run propaganda channel or that by adding "unconfirmed" it has nothing to do with media spin even if they keep repeating the same lie several times.

I have never denied that the BBC is state funded, so there is no need to prove otherwise. Let me explain once again how to read legitimate journalism, a skill which should be taught at the elementary school level. When you see quotation marks in a headline, it means that it is a word, phrase, allegation or, yes, even lie used by the source that being quoted in the article. The article then presents the speaker and context of the statement. It is this making of the statement that is the news being reported, not the content of the statement. Therefore, it is not the BBC claiming that "Russia did this" or "Russia did that," the BBC is accurately and truthfully reporting that "the Ukrainian government claims that Russia did this" or "the Russian government says Ukraine did that."

Does the BBC give more weight, and therefore more exposure, to one side over the other in this conflict? Perhaps.That is where editorial choices come in. If you want to argue about whether or not their editorial choices reveal bias, that's fine. I might even agree with you if you were able to provide a reasoned case with proper examples. Unfortunately, all you do is misquote the BBC in such a way that it appears they are saying things they are not. I am asking you bluntly: are you doing this intentionally? If you are, you are deliberately making false statements. You should know by now what that would make you.

Please link to the first bulletin the BBC issued claiming that "Russia did it,"

I can do even better than that and give you a link were BBC words smiths have been at it again

BBC: Russia aid convoy 'invades Ukraine'

For the second time in this thread alone, I must explain the journalistic use of quotation marks to you. You do see those quotation marks, don't you? Did you actually read the article? If you did, you would know that it was not the BBC, but Poroshenko who claimed that the Russian "humanitarian aid convoy" (note my use of quotation marks!) constituted an "invasion." (Darned quotation marks again!)

Google "Russia invades Ukraine" and this will come up and that is why its worded like that to mislead people and when the BBC makes a report and then hides "unconfirmed" somewhere in the report you will find that it is all done for a reason.

Please let go of your obsession with the word "unconfirmed." As I have patiently explained, it is not an excuse to tell a lie, it is a tool provided to an intelligent reader to judge the reliability of the claims presented by the source quoted in the article. You will note that TASS-ITAR follows the same journalistic standard. They will report that a spokesperson for Donbass says "a mass grave has been discovered," but not affirm it as a fact until outside observers confirm it. TASS-ITAR and the BBC practice proper journalism. RT, zerohedge and you do not follow these standards.

Did you do any media studies at school !

Can't you tell I have studied journalism? That's why your unwillingness to learn how to read a news report irritates me so. It's a pity they don't teach journalism in Russian universities. Most real journalists in Russia learn their trade from NGOs, which a recent law has branded "Foreign Agents." Truth is drying up in Russia.

edit on 11-11-2014 by DJW001 because: Edit to correct formatting.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Can't you tell I have studied journalism?

No

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

That's because you clearly don't know what journalism is.

Edit to add: Please stop evading. Are you deliberately misquoting your sources or not?
edit on 11-11-2014 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

The difference would be the issues about the US voting issues made the news and were investigated. The same cant be said for Russia / Crimea / South / East Ukraine can it?

They investigate 9/11 too but that does not mean that the world agrees with the results does it now !

if so many people in the Crimea voted against Russia and the vote was swung then we would have blood on the streets but we don't and people in the East of the Ukraine would not sacrifice there lives if they wanted to be a part of Kiev

Machines can be fixed but its not quite so easy with a paper vote even if a bit of fixing still goes on

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Go for the simple explanation -

On ATS when you post what someone else stated you use the ex / quote functions to denote that. While you are in fact posting the information the ex / quote functions denote that the info came from somewhere other than you.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

The title of this thread seems like proof enough of that?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

That's because you clearly don't know what journalism is.

is it calling everyone a liar in a personal attack in every other post and if so I need you to teach me but if not then please stop it and take the title of the post up with the mods

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join