It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyer for Fort Kent nurse says she "WON'T" abide by quarantine

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

State police allegedly in front of her house.

[Bangor Daily News]

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

Moron
/

Edit: Selfish Moron
/

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Good, the people should gather around in protest with signs telling her to stay away from the streets the people and the littler children.

How about that.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

Not to make excuses for the Dr. but the timeline remains the same. He traveled around the city before becoming symptomatic. He was self-monitoring and the morning he detected the fever he reported it. We was also on two commercial flights prior to becoming symptomatic. This is a professional that was working with Ebola first-hand. I'm thinking he is in a better position to know how to manage his own condition better than most.

There are reasons, good, sound reasons, why health care professionals are prohibited by law from treating themselves. This recent batch of "professionals" and their unprofessional behavior shows explicitly why those laws were enacted.
There are also sound reasons for the laws that say people who could be a danger to public health can be forcibly quarantined from the general public. This poor, attention-seeking nurse doesn't have a legal leg on which to stand and her attorney, who apparently suffers from the same narcissistic attitude, knows that if he is honest.

The doc in NY only exposed three people to possible contagion---say that is true---we have only 19 beds in the whole US where patients can be safely handled. So if those three got the disease, then acted similarly to the good doc, and each infected only three more people.....see where that goes! Before you can say Shizam! you've got every bed filled and more folk lining up for treatment.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
If anyone knows of any other people being forced into quarantine like Maine nurse was, please link me the articles.

Have they not quarantined any others? Was she it? They did her then quit? This really doesn't sound right. That or they're just keeping it quiet or asking them not to use their iPhones

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

State police allegedly in front of her house.

[Bangor Daily News]

If that's her house, what is she so upset about?! She has plenty of room to roam! My place is only 800 sq feet and I still wouldn't mind being in it for a few weeks (but I happen to like my place!)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Well so far the quarantines has been voluntarily and on their own by the health care professionals, coming from oversea, but so far we have seen nothing but disregard for that voluntary quarantine.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Maybe she was expecting a place somewhere with all pay expenses like a spa or high end Hotel accommodations.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Earlier today, I thought I heard a CNN interview about a Connecticut man who is in quarantine. Can't find the link.

But I found this:

Ryan Boyko returned from Liberia on Oct. 11 and self-monitored himself for possible symptoms of the Ebola. A few days later he experienced a fever and was brought to Yale-New Haven Hospital to be tested for the virus. Despite testing negative, Boyko was placed under a mandatory quarantine ordered by Connecticut’s commissioner of the Department of Public Health, Dr. Jewel Mullen. Boyko called the move “egregious.”

foxct.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill

I am sure that he will joint the complaining nurse to follow sue for monetary compensation, what can I add, America the land of endless opportunities and opportunistic tugs.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie
Ha-ha! I bet her cell phone is dinging like crazy with all of the me-me-me Google Alerts.
On second thought, maybe she's happy the other, quieter nurse isn't pitching a fit--less competition for Media time.
The next martyr might have better social skills.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill

If she wanted privacy, she wouldn't have thrown such a hissy fit, hired a lawyer(s), publicly released a statement noting that she would "NOT" self quarantine and appear on the Today Show.

Someone that wants privacy,... does just the opposite.

Photo: Maine nurse Kaci Hickox steps outside Fort Kent home, says she's not willing to have civil rights violated by quarantine - @scottddolan

Source
edit on 29-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Here's something that Kaci needs to chew on:

Dr. Beutler, an American medical doctor and researcher, won the Nobel Prize for Medicine and Physiology in 2011 for his work researching the cellular subsystem of the body’s overall immune system — the part of it that defends the body from infection by other organisms, like Ebola. He is currently the Director of the Center for the Genetics of Host Defense at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas — the first U.S. city to treat an Ebola patient and also the first to watch one die from the virus. In an exclusive interview with NJ Advance Media, Beutler reviewed Christie’s new policy of mandatory quarantine for all health care workers exposed to Ebola, and declared: “I favor it.”

and.....

I favor it, because it’s not entirely clear that they can’t transmit the disease,” Beutler said, referring to asymptomatic healthcare workers like Kaci Hickox, a Doctors Without Borders nurse returning from treating Ebola patients in Sierra Leone who was quarantined in New Jersey for 65 hours before being transported to her home state of Maine on Monday afternoon.

It may not be absolutely true that those without symptoms can’t transmit the disease, because we don’t have the numbers to back that up,” said Beutler, “It could be people develop significant viremia [where viruses enter the bloodstream and gain access to the rest of the body], and become able to transmit the disease before they have a fever, even. People may have said that without symptoms you can’t transmit Ebola. I’m not sure about that being 100 percent true. There’s a lot of variation with viruses.”

www.nj.com... .html

So there you have it. A Nobel prize winner in MEDICINE has said what a number of others have all along. It is possible for Ebola to be transmitted even w/o symptoms.

CDC Nurse Kaci should try and refute that. She cannot.
edit on 29-10-2014 by dianajune because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2014 by dianajune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
All I see is pages and pages of fearful people with no understanding of the situation screaming for the suppression of individual rights. It's like a health care version of 9/11 only without any actual disaster happening. All they need now is a suggestion of danger and the American people beg to have their rights removed.

Also she could be quarantined in more livable conditions. That's not possible though since we haven't done anything at all to prepare for these situations ahead of time. We never do anything proactively anymore. We are a nation of pure reaction and often overreaction.

Bottom line is we wouldn't have an Ebola epidemic if the nations and people of the world were less selfish. At the very least this nurse is no worse than any of you. More likely she's better since she put her life at risk even if it wasn't completely and entirely unselfish.

The world could do with a bit more empathy. No one seems to be putting themselves in her shoes. You spent a lot of time fighting disease and watching people suffer and die and when you come home exhausted and ready to get back to normalcy you are barraged with a disorganized, random, nonsensical process by non professionals. You're then thrown in a random tent and told to just stfu and do what you're told for reasons of pure political theater. And then to top it all off an entire nation of do nothing people only concerned with themselves tell you you're selfish and egotistical and stupid.

America, Land of the Free, and Home of the Brave. We need to change the national anthem. It's an absolute and complete lie at this point.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

I personally don't want anyone's rights removed, I just want common sense. IF they institute quarantines NOW before we get a lot of cases and make SURE we don't get many/any more cases loose in the US, then we won't have FEMA camps and martial law later.

If all people who could potentially have Ebola acted like Nurse Pham(and a few other unnamed people) then it wouldn't be an issue.

But since so many Americans seem incapable of doing something really simple to make sure all OUR families don't catch this horrible disease, we need to make them. While the numbers are small and easily containable in a hotel say, or hell even an RV or temp buildings where they can be comfortable and relax for 21 days how is that taking all our rights?

Taking all our rights would be when these few idiots spread Ebola all over and they have to MASS quarantine, then we are screwed! Right now the folks exposed can think of it as a vacation.

Lil

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

No, he said it could be true. That's different than that they can. Big difference.

Basically, he's saying we don't know for sure, and since we don't know for sure, it is safest to isolate for 21 days.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

She is in her own house. How is that unlivable?

Look, I am not in favor of big government or removing someone's rights. But, there are situations where the public good needs to be considered ahead of the individual, and this is one of those times. The health care professionals in question had their chance to do the right thing by the rest of us and just stay home and self-monitor for 21 days, and they proved, over and over again, to be incapable of doing that. Ms. Kickox's temper tantrums are really the last straw.

At this point, it's not about them anymore. It is about a disease we have no cure or effective treatment for being unintentionally brought here by people who won't do everything in their power on their own to curtail its spread to the rest of us. We ought to all get down on our knees and thank God at this point that this thing isn't spread by the air like the flu. If it was Duncan, Vinson, Spencer would have pretty much doomed us all by now, and Hickox's attitude would make sure that if she were sick she'd be the patient zero of a plague if none of the others had been there first.

We are discovering that any serious contagion is going to cut us off at the knees because our own people can't/won't do what is necessary to keep the rest of us healthy. And the thing that should really scare you? It isn't loss of rights; it's that they can't see it and they are the very medical professionals we rely on to see things like this.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Uh she might be in her house now but her "whining" was from when she was held at the airport for hours and hours being interrogated and then plopped in a spartan tent. It's continued because people treat her like she has Ebola when she doesn't. If she has Ebola quarantine her. She doesn't though.

It's very very similar to how ignorant people treated and some still treat people with AIDS.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

Uh she might be in her house now but her "whining" was from when she was held at the airport for hours and hours being interrogated and then plopped in a spartan tent. It's continued because people treat her like she has Ebola when she doesn't. If she has Ebola quarantine her. She doesn't though.

It's very very similar to how ignorant people treated and some still treat people with AIDS.

No, she has no intention of staying isolated in her house for 21 days. She is STILL being unreasonable, so much that there are cops being stationed there because she can't be trusted to stay in her house.

The whining wasn't just at the tent. If it was, then I would agree with her stance on being mistreated when she first arrived.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: tavi45

No, she has no intention of staying isolated in her house for 21 days. She is STILL being unreasonable, so much that there are cops being stationed there because she can't be trusted to stay in her house.

The whining wasn't just at the tent. If it was, then I would agree with her stance on being mistreated when she first arrived.

I wonder if she will follow through on her threat to sue today? The Governor made it clear that he wants to make this mandatory.

And imo, it should be a forced quarantine for her boyfriend also.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join