It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyer for Fort Kent nurse says she "WON'T" abide by quarantine

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Rosa Parks wasn't exposed to a level 4 pathogen but I see your excellent point. Civil rights issues are fought first on the often uncomfortable fringes but ultimately benefit everyone.
edit on 10/30/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Rosa Parks was black.

This woman could have a deadly disease that can spread through aerosol contact with bodily fluids.

Unless you wanna start calling the infected "Ebola-Americans", there is NO similarities between Rosa Parks and this woman.

Rosa parks is a civil rights icon and an incredibly brave woman.

This nurse wants to go bowling.

Agreed. The comparison between Rosa Parks and CDC Nurse Kaci Hickox was incredibly lame.

Re. bowling......I'm not sure she wants to do that. Bike riding and attention-seeking appear to be her favorite pursuits.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: mikell

Beyond the semantics and debate about the quarantine, what does her complete disregard for the cautionary wishes of her community say about her character? If she doesn't agree with a rule or law or protocol, she won't follow it. Is that a person you want to employ? That you can depend on?

Yes, let's look at this beyond the debate about the quarantine, or beyond ebola. Let's look at someone else who had complete disregard for the wishes of her community. Someone who didn't agree with a law, and refused to follow it. Rosa Parks. Some thought she was just a troublemaker, but she was actually standing up (or refusing to stand up) for her rights. Just because someone refuses to follow a law, or do something the rest of her community thinks she should do, doesn't mean that person is not trustworthy.

Are you kidding me right now?

There is absolutely NO comparison here. Wow.

You are addressing NONE of the points people are making. I find that interesting.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Rosa Parks wasn't exposed to a level 4 pathogen but I see your excellent point. Civil rights issues are fought first on the often uncomfortable fringes but ultimately benefit everyone.

Thanks for being the only one here to understand that I was only addressing the part about refusing to follow a law that one thought was unjust. It doesn't automatically make one untrustworthy.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Her civil rights are not being violated.

She is facing consequences of choices she made, and as a healthcare professional should have been well on top of the laws and statutes regarding such.

The better analogy here would be yelling and screaming about civil rights when you shoot up heroin on the courthouse steps and get arrested.
edit on 10/30/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

That's where we disagree, I suppose. I don't think the law is unjust at all. Now, I think the quarantined people could be treated much better. Given all the creature comforts of home, heck, even bring them anything from their homes that they want. Feed them good meals, give them internet access, and most importantly, if they're a returning HCW, PAY THEM FOR THEIR TIME IN QUARANTINE. treat them like HUMANS.

But quarantine them nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

But...let's extrapolate a bit.

As a nurse......If she disagrees with the science of patient care, say a brain dead patient's family is opting to hold out hope or seek alternative treatment. What is she going to do, pull the plug because she feels science gives her the justification?

I just tend to think her behavior and attitude lacks the compassion and patience typically shown by the vast majority of nurses.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

She is facing consequences of choices she made, and as a healthcare professional should have been well on top of the laws and statutes regarding such.

The better analogy here would be yelling and screaming about civil rights when you shoot up heroin on the courthouse steps and get arrested.

absolutely ........I find myself agreeing with you so much more over the last 6 months, whats the world coming to!? lol

At any rate, this woman is a walking biological time bomb.........

Like you I think this has nothing to do with anything else other than blatant disregard for the health of herself and family and everyone else in her immediate vicinity at any given time.......

What this woman is doing criminal , and if she does end up with Ebola and has been violating quarantines then she needs to be charged just like someone who KNOWINGLY exposes others to HIV.......

There is no difference except youre dead quicker
edit on 10/30/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

I bet's she just LOVING this whole media kerfuffle.

Instant Celebrity: Just Add Ebola
edit on 30-10-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: i kant grammar. .___.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask
I'm sorta logic and common sense based and that's about it. And sometimes mine works. Other times it doesn't

In a way, though, this may wind up doing us all a favor by clarifying the issues early, before it gets out of control and there are no choices or there is no time for rationale preparations.

ETA: The other day I was thinking the exact same thing!
edit on 10/30/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Hope her lawyer is as good as she thinks he is. The government is already looking at starting the legal process already and are not taking any chances what so ever.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig
She has a couple of lawyers (at least) now, I think.

You read where one is a frequent or sometime dinner guest at the White House? I found that...interesting.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

No, a better analogy would be banning guns because it would save a few lives otherwise lost by gunshots. It might save a few lives, at the expense of the people's right to bear arms.

The statute on New Jersey's quarantine process was written the day before she arrived. How could she have been aware of that? States are writing their laws on this even as we are typing.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

She has a couple of lawyers (at least) now, I think.

You read where one is a frequent or sometime dinner guest at the White House? I found that...interesting.

I wish this on no one, but what kind of poetic justice would it be if both those lawyers started presenting symptoms.....

Wonder how fast that tune would change.........

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

your gun ban analogy, has been shot down thoroughly by several members including myself.
just give it up.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

No, a better analogy would be banning guns because it would save a few lives otherwise lost by gunshots. It might save a few lives, at the expense of the people's right to bear arms.

The statute on New Jersey's quarantine process was written the day before she arrived. How could she have been aware of that? States are writing their laws on this even as we are typing.

I had a bet going on whether you were going to bring up guns, as you have in every other thread. I won.

We will disagree on this point.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: Hellas

I bet's she just LOVING this whole media kerfuffle.

Instant Celebrity: Just Add Ebola

Oh she's definitely lovin' it!!

link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

go back a couple pages they already have and it was shot down.

link   

A person who's been shot by a gun can't cough on someone and suddenly the other person is shot too.

Gunshot wounds aren't contagious. Big difference there.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join