It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyer for Fort Kent nurse says she "WON'T" abide by quarantine

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Currently 42 US soldiers in quarantine at a complex in Vicenza, Italy - @NBCNews

SUPERVISION: Soldiers on the base in Vicenza, Italy are confined to a housing complex with barracks, a dining hall and a gym, but allowed no outside access – and they must not interact with other personnel at the site

edit on 29-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

I agree, but the hag is looking for a payday at the expenses of the tax payers in the nation. I say put the b, in jail.

and her money hungry lawyers too.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Dup post..
edit on 29-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity
I'd like to know how those guidelines are working, too. In this nurse's case, it appears as if more than
guidelines are supporting her. It appears as if she's the CDC's Ace-in-the-Bola. [As an aside, I'm also having an Ebolism, lol. Might I add that I'm looking forward to the Superbola (a televised game that combines football and a virus), then I shall dine at the Crab Boil-bola (this is an unfortunate food-related event where a self monitoring HCW suddenly develops symptoms at the exact moment she visits a seafood bar at the local restaurant). I will worry that I have accidentally ingested a Colabola, seeing as I may have picked up the wrong glass. Afterward, I will be paranoid about developing a case of Swole-bola (where, upon recovering from the virus, I will experience total body edema). I will try not to develop a case of Faux-bola, since the virus isn't "all that contagious." I'll express my chagrin and encounter a few Troll-bolas.]

edit on 29-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The Police Chief in Fort Kent, Maine refuses to force Kaci into quarantine w/o a court order.

The police chief of a tiny town in Maine today said that he would not stop Ebola nurse Kaci Hickox from breaking her state-imposed quarantine after she vowed to break it - despite patients cancelling appointments at a local hospital and residents attacking her for being 'selfish'. In an interview with MailOnline, Fort Kent's Chief Tom Pelletier said he plans to go visit her to welcome her home personally. And he went even further, saying that he has no intention of restricting the nurse's movements even if Maine Gov. Paul LePage orders that she should return to quarantine.

and......

But Pelletier struck a very different stance. He said: 'I would tell the governor he would have to get a court order. My concern is Kaci Hickox's personal safety. I am worried about either local people or people coming from outside making threats and taking action against her. 'She has no symptoms of Ebola and the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) has recommended voluntary quarantine — and the key word is voluntary. I am not going to restrict her movements, I have no legal grounds for doing so.'

and....

On Wednesday morning, Hickox, 33, told Today: 'I don’t plan on sticking to the (Maine's) guidelines. I am not going to sit around and be bullied by politicians and forced to stay in my home when I am not a risk to the American public.'

and....

Miss Hickox appeared on the Today show via Skype today where she told host Matt Lauer that she was appalled by mandatory quarantine policies, adding: 'They are not based on science or evidence. 'If the restrictions by Maine are not lifted by Thursday morning, I will go to court to get my freedom.'

and of course,

Miss Hickox said: 'I truly believe that this policy is not scientifically or constitutionally just. I am not a risk to the American public. Of course I do understand that it has created a lot of fear but we have to make policies based on
evidence. She added: 'We need more education about the disease and should not be taking these mixes messages from politicians. Currently, I am the one that's suffering.'

The nurse plans to return to West Africa in the future to help in the fight against Ebola.

www.dailymail.co.uk... tments-residents-branding-selfish.html

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
Well, not surprisingly I disagree with the 'ATS experts'. She knows far more about the disease and its management than the lot of you put together. She has tested NEGATIVE not once but TWICE. Ain't about showing symptoms. She DOES NOT HAVE THE VIRUS. Never did. She is less risk that the two nurses recently released who tested negative for the virus after treatment because SHE never had the virus in her body and THEY did. She is being arbitrarily quarantined because some politicians want to look 'tough on Ebola' to their constituency. It's stupid. The policy flies in the face of the medical science. I'm amazed that a bunch of people who spend most of their time railing against government over-reach thinks state mandated quarantine of a professional health care worker who has twice tested negative for Ebola and who is self monitoring is no0t only reasonable but that SHE is being labeled 'unprofessional'. Unbelievable. Shades of the AIDs epidemic. Blind ignorance never dies.

Just because she tested negative twice doesn't mean she isn't infected.

Blood Test For Ebola Doesn't Catch Infection Early

In an ideal world, health care workers returning from West Africa would get a quick blood test to prove they aren't carrying the Ebola virus. A test like that would likely put to rest some of the anxiety surrounding these doctors, nurses and scientists.

Unfortunately, even the best blood test in the world can't do that.

The test uses a technology called PCR, for polymerase chain reaction. It can detect extraordinarily small traces of genetic material from the Ebola virus.

But the catch is, the test is usually used on blood samples. And in the beginning, that's not where the Ebola virus hides.

"The initial sites of replication actually are not in the blood itself — they're mostly in tissues like spleen or liver," says Thomas Geisbert, a microbiologist at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston.

Dr. Bhadelia spent 12 days caring for the sick in an Ebola ward. Her experience has convinced her that she must return.

It's not practical to sample these organs to look for Ebola. But the virus doesn't stay there forever, Geisbert explains. As the infection grows, virus particles are gradually released into the blood, as well.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I'm beginning to wonder if she was indeed treating patients when she was in Africa. Perhaps her job was really just administrative and she never saw a patient so she does know that she's not been exposed. That would be the only sensible explanation to this sort of behavior on her part.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Applause in order for the nurse in Austin!

Nurse quarantines herself after return from work with Ebola patients

A nurse has agreed to quarantine herself in her Texas home after she returned from working with Ebola patients in Sierra Leone on Wednesday, according to the governor’s office.

The nurse, who was not identified, does not show signs of symptoms, but she is at risk under Centers for Disease Control and Prevention protocols, a news release said. She landed at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport early Wednesday morning.

“In Texas, we have a great tradition of welcoming our heroes back home and this heroic individual deserves our appreciation, our compassion, and our utmost respect,” Gov. Rick Perry said in the release.

Perry requested that the nurse quarantine herself at home, where the Texas Department of State Health Services will monitor her twice a day for 21 days.

Perry’s office said that health workers shouldn’t be deterred from traveling to Ebola-stricken countries to provide help.

[url=http://www.statesman.com/news/news/local/nurse-quarantines-herself-after-return-from-work-w/nhtt2/?ecmp=statesman_social_twitter_2014_sfp]source[ /url]

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
I'm beginning to wonder if she was indeed treating patients when she was in Africa. Perhaps her job was really just administrative and she never saw a patient so she does know that she's not been exposed. That would be the only sensible explanation to this sort of behavior on her part.

Given her medical degree (UTA or Johns Hopkins, according to her LinkedIn profile which was scrubbed) it's unlikely that she would have had an administrative role. They are in desperate need of medical staff in West Africa.

Let's say she had an administrative role only......but came into contact with doctors, nurses and others who either treated Ebola patients or cleaned up after them. Remember all the precautions Dr. Brantly took, and he still got infected (btw, at first he tested negative). And Nancy Writebol, etc, etc. She still has the risk of catching the disease and passing it on to others.

Her defiant and selfish attitude about the quarantine is putting off many people. FB has several pages that have been set up in opposition to her. People in her community are up in arms over this. I can't say that I blame them. If I lived in her neck of the woods, I wouldn't let her get near my family. Period.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

I bet, if her name was public, Texans would flood her house with a 21 day supply of delivered goodies and creature comforts. LoL!

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

i bet that burned Kaci Hickox butt, i bet she was hoping for solidarity with other doctors and nurses.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: UnBreakable

I have to agree with this assessment of her. I don't know a lot, but one thing I can do is get a gut feeling of what people are like based on initial impressions. She seems very self-centered despite going to W. Africa to help Ebola victims. I believe she only did this to brag about it. Narcissism disguised as altruism.

I hear actors suffer from the same personality defects....just saying.

But actors haven't been on the front line dealing with a deadly disease that's killed thousands, then come back to their own country and won't make a small sacrifice just to ensure people here don't get it. Sure, the current byline is Ebola can't be transmitted until symtoms are shown. Are they sure it isn't mutating yet? I'd like to err on the side of caution. I don't think that 21 days of quarantining in her own house is too muc to ask.
edit on 29-10-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
She's doing this because, as a health professional who worked with Ebola patients, she knows the warning signs, knows she doesn't have any, and will surely report them if they appear (like the doctor in New York has done). The people who worked with Ebola are not among those who panic that the virus is sitting on a cupcake in the local bakery, they know exactly what to look for and when a person is contagious - the contagious stage comes long into the illness. She's standing up for her rights, and doing so on a national stage.

She doesn't have the right to put other people in danger. Her "rights" ended when she went to WA to treat an extremely contagious disease. I'm not going to freak out about this story. She will abide or they will take action and that's the end of it.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
It looks like there's going to be a showdown of sorts. Maine State Troopers went to her boyfriend's home to not only guard them, but to make sure they abide by the quarantine:

Maine state police were stationed outside the home of Ebola nurse Kaci Hickox's boyfriend Wednesday as Gov. Paul LePage said he was seeking legal authority to force the "unwilling" health care workers to remain quarantined at the location for 21 days.

and....

Over Hickox's objections, Maine health officials insisted that she stay in her boyfriend's home in Fort Kent for 21 days until the incubation period for Ebola had passed.

and....

Maine Gov. Paul LePage, however, said Wednesday that Hickox has been "unwilling" to follow state protocols and that he will seek legal authority to enforce the quarantine.

www.usatoday.com...

So, it's going to be the Governor and Maine State Troopers against the local Chief of Police, the CDC nurse and her boyfriend.

Tomorrow will prove interesting. That's the deadline that Hickox set for her "freedom."

edit on 29-10-2014 by dianajune because: yet another typo

edit on 29-10-2014 by dianajune because: more typos

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: kaylaluv

We can see a person with a gun and take action.

Look, we have strict quarantines in place for agricultural concerns like livestock and imported goods but we shouldn't take precautions regarding a level 4 pathogen among humans? It's nonsensical.

I'd love to give HCWs the courtesy and benefit of the doubt to self-quarantine but 2 out of the 3 who have been infected disregarded the recommendations. Add to that the fact that, overall during this outbreak, a greater percentage of HCWs have contracted the disease using the same protocols that have been used in other Ebola outbreaks and I tend to think we would be foolish to dismiss the possibility that something may have changed with the virus.

Make that 3 out 4. You forgot Dr. Nancy Snyderman, the medical correspondent for NBC. Her cameraman contracted Ebola and she was supposed to self-quarantine but she broke it to get groceries and take out food.

ETA: Oops...She didn't contract Ebola. But she did break quarantine.
edit on 29-10-2014 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Means nothing. The doctor in New York at first claimed to be self-quarantining at home also, until it was found that he didn't. She's probably just saying she will so the crazies don't burn her house down or kill her children. She'll probably sneak out - you don't know who she is, so you can't verify whether she adheres to it or not. You guys should demand that she be locked up in a high-security prison (in isolation of course), cuz you know you can't trust her.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Maine Gov. Paul LePage Sends State Police To Enforce Ebola Quarantine

"Earlier Wednesday, LePage said he would seek out the support of state police to keep the nurse, who recently returned to the United States from treating Ebola patients in West Africa, in isolation. According to USA Today, state police cars are now stationed outside Hickox's home"
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
You know, I just got done watching a Dark Matters spot on Typhoid Mary, and she has the exact same attitude as this Kaci person, and it crossed my mind that what if this Kaci person turned out to be Ebola Kaci?

It is next to impossible, yes, but could you imagine the nightmare?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Means nothing. The doctor in New York at first claimed to be self-quarantining at home also, until it was found that he didn't. She's probably just saying she will so the crazies don't burn her house down or kill her children. She'll probably sneak out - you don't know who she is, so you can't verify whether she adheres to it or not. You guys should demand that she be locked up in a high-security prison (in isolation of course), cuz you know you can't trust her.

So, I remember how you said this nurse deserves at least the same degree of respect we give to our military ...

They are all serving 21-day mandatory quarantines. Do you still think she's special?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
You know , has it ever occurred to any of you that this may be some counter intelligence program operative ? I haven't done any research on her but, she lands in New Jersey , okay sure newark is big and popular like jfk in New York , she comes right literally a day or two after DR spencer in nyc, and when mandatory quarantine come into effect.

Then she somehow , gets all the press like over night from all the big media outlets. (I never knew it was that easy)

She causes a scene like a mental patient.

Then the federal government puts down the state governors for exercising 10th amendments rights from a republican governors states , pretty much destroyed Christies chance of anything in the publics eye.

Then a top lawyer for civil liberties is literally there for her within a day.

Then she's sent to Maine, with another republican gov who is prob gonna get embarrassed for trying to protect his citizens , by the federal govt.

All this little circus freak show happens right now a week before Election Day. It's like it's so stupid to even make sense. No one in their right mind would not do the quarantine just to be on the safe side.

I would not be surprised after getting hated on by the people of America for obviously doing stupid things. That she comes out and starts spewing things like she's a libertarian , she has constitutional rights , etc.

It all seems like some dirty distraction before November and a way to keep people from reading how horribly the dens are doing or something more sinister. Something about this girl from Maine just doesn't add up to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join