It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attempted "No-Knock" Raid at My House

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

Have you been following how these no knock raids are going? All you have to do is look around here on ATS and you'll find the post about a grandma only moving her hand which caused her granddaughter to be killed. All I'm saying is they saw you with a gun and you ducked back into the darkness, with a different group of cops involved the outcome could have been much different. It took a lot less for that girl to end up dead. Consider yourself lucky, as sad as that is to say in today's America.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

Fair enough - but understand that it's the spectacular events that grab the headlines, so they may be over-represented here. Since I didn't bleed, the story didn't lead.

You're right in that with a different set of cops it might have turned out differently, but even the shoot happy sorts would have had a tough time assaulting uphill.

edit on 2014/10/23 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
@ Mortex

"Criminals do not talk about their criminal activity.

It's common sense and basic survival for them.

So nice bit of fiction, maybe a cable network in the USA will turn it into a series, but other then a nice fictional read, mehh. " Quoted from you. (I messed up and erased too much using the quote button so i had to improvise lol)

Um.. How many "criminals" do you know? I mean know as in are good friends with. They wont talk to a normal person about these things of course, but if you're a trusted associate trust me the stories fly. Most of the people I know i've known since grade school and they know I've been in situations where i could've gotten off scott free and even been paid (in one instance could've been paid 60 thousand dollars, hard to turn down when you dont have a place to live or even a car) to snitch on someone and I never did. So I tend to get to hear the really good stuff =)

PS: I do not deal with these type of people anymore. Too much headache. I do not do anything that could even remotely threaten my safety or freedom anymore. You could literally say that at some point i was scared straight. When you get out of a situation where you're standing in front of a judge and the max sentence in the case is life in prison, it can change your outlook on life very quickly. Nothing, no amount of money or anything could make me do anything where i would ever put myself in such a messed up situation ever again. God answered my prayers once, and I know if I go back on the promise i made to him the wrath will come down.
edit on 23-10-2014 by Bundy because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-10-2014 by Bundy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

How about you do your own research in return. Everyone in the south knows about Kat Johnson...

It is almost impossible to get a no-knock warrant in most southern states. The officers fabricated evidence and lied on paperwork in order to get the almost impossible warrant issued. Those officers went to jail for manslaughter...

Ever since then it is even HARDER to get one issued.

Edit for source, since you apparently aren't familiar with that case:

Source
edit on 23-10-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

What we HAVE done, is to avoid giving out our address over the internet.

You can call us liars though..if that makes you feel better because we wont give out our address...
edit on 23-10-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

You posed a question, I answered it.

Nice hedge words - "almost impossible". That does not constitute "impossible", however.

Only almost. Kinda like the old saying about "horse shoes and hand grenades".

Harder to get. Still does not constitute "impossible".

That contrasts sharply with your statement of absolutes and universality - i.e. "everyone" knows.

"The South" covers a lot of turf for such sweeping statements.

Your initial statement was:

Is love for you to show me a southern state that allows no knock warrants...

So I did. Three states, in fact.

Your turn.

Show me statues that DISALLOW them.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Can you write more stories that I can enjoy?? this one was pretty good, a few holes here and there but nothing to major.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Thank you Neno and B for the best thread I have read in a long time. Try to ignore the naysayers here. They do not matter in any way. Great job on your part. I am in my sixties and life in these here United States has changed and we must change with it I reckon.

PS. Get another Dog or better yet Dogs!!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: calwoodbutcher

So true... we do need a dog... I would have appreciated a warning to all that mess.

My husbands dog ran off last year, and we have not replaced him yet. Although... at current moment finances are pretty tough, so I am not feeling quick about getting another, since they are an expense all their own.

But up here there is the occasional mutt, so I figure one will find us soon enough.

I agree with you about life changing... things really have changed. My oldest is 30 now... and wow... the way he sees life and the way I do, me still living a bit more past than he, is much different.
edit on 23-10-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
well in my 52 years of living, i have learned quite a few things.

first: those that boast and brag about how big and bad they are, always get their a@@ handed to them at some point. whether it's standing up to plain old thugs or government.
second: the truly big and bad don't boast about it, they know better, someone is always wanting or willing to show them that they are wrong.
there's more to that, but that's all i'm gonna post about it.

most of your posts in every thread i've read, show that you like to claim your bravado, and that you are a manly man.

please, the voice, the only reason people did what you said when you were in the service if you really were, is the fact they would wind up in what we called office hours or non judicial punishment if they didn't.

another thing what kind of manly man would always have his wife defending him every time some ones calls him on it.
i've seen this a several times in your threads and post in others, and knew when i saw the first person call you on it, she if indeed another person and not a you would soon be here.

here's a tune for ya.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

please, the voice, the only reason people did what you said when you were in the service if you really were, is the fact they would wind up in what we called office hours or non judicial punishment if they didn't.

?

Where did I say I "was in the service"? Or a "manly man" for that matter?

another thing what kind of manly man would always have his wife defending him every time some ones calls him on it.

You try to control her - I've not had much luck with it!

What kind of guy wants a timid little thing that's afraid to speak her mind anyhow? What do you suppose a guy like that feels threatened by?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

You are correct. My first post was exaggeration to make a point because your story was so full of BS. You provided too many details Mr "Writer" which lets the holes show up. You should have proof read it a few more times.
edit on 23-10-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

lol... have you ever even tried to control me?

Anyway... I did find this article written by Frank Knaack - the director of Public Policy and Communications for the ACLU of Virginia - on the subject of swat in the state.

Overall, he says that by the mid 2000's, swat raids in the country were somewhere around 45,000 a year.. interesting article.

I have not seen 45,000 annual stories, so apparently not all of them have horrifying and bloody endings. Swat is being deployed more often than ever before, and in Virginia, there is some attempt by the ACLU to curb the usage of swat this year in fact, as the article was written in April.

This also being an election year... might have something to do with things, as you mentioned last night. All the way around, its very interesting. I am glad things worked out well for us in the end, but this isn't the case with everyone, although in Virginia the ACLU article only mentioned two people ever dying in a swat raid.

acluva.org...

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

You are correct. My first post was exaggeration to make a point because your story was so full of BS. You provided too many details Mr "Writer" which lets the holes show up. You should have proof read it a few more times.

And those "holes" are... ?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

i got the impression form this post, and if you noticed i said if you were.

The Voice". In her reckoning, it was the voice that parents use with children that says "mister, you're in a lot of trouble now!". The military trains the same voice into NCOs and officers, and calls it "The Command Voice", but it boils down to the same thing - "The Voice", the one that says "I'm in charge here, you aren't, and you're about to get a spanking".
nenothtu

to me, you say it as if you were trained to use a certain voice, when dealing with your subordinates. now the only mention i can recall when i was in the Corps of the "The Command Voice" is in close order drill. and it does not in any way reflect the way you define it.

sure there were those officers and nco's that carried themselves in the manner you describe, but i followed their orders due to the fact that they were my superiors. not because they thought they were billy bada@@

i use to get into trouble all the time for questioning orders. i also got praise several times for not following them and procedure change due to my actions.

edit on 23-10-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

i got the impression form this post, and if you noticed i said if you were.

I'm not responsible for the "impressions" you take, only for what I actually say. People will color their impressions through the filter of their own experiences, and at times simply because that's what they want to hear. So, your impressions are your own.

With that said, I'm not entirely sure how you took that impression from that quote, either. I myself didn't see anything in there that would lead to that impression, but my experiences of life are not yours.

The military has rifles. I also have a rifle. It would be something of a stretch to infer that I am military from that statement, however.

to me, you say it as if you were trained to use a certain voice, when dealing with your subordinates.

I was. Not in the U.S. Armed Forces, though. I would hesitate to use the term "subordinates" in connection with it, however.

now the only mention i can recall when i was in the Corps of the "The Command Voice" is in close order drill. and it does not in any way reflect the way you define it.

I was not in the USMC, and have not much knowledge of their terminology, or how they define the words they use. Because of that, I cannot dispute what you say here. You were the Marine, not I.

sure there were those officers and nco's that carried themselves in the manner you describe, but i followed their orders due to the fact that they were my superiors. not because they thought they were billy bada@@

i use to get into trouble all the time for questioning orders. i also got praise several times for not following them and procedure change due to my actions.

I'm led to wonder whether you followed orders or not - the justification for either statement can be found here, which does seem a bit contradictory. I do know a few people who were in the military (who doesn't these days?) but none who were ever commended for disobeying orders.

You're a first. Never heard that before.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Hey, Mr and Mrs nenothtu, I appreciate the retelling. I'm down here too. I've heard some fun stories. I'm sure the people who recount the events would be as polite about being called liars as you 2 have been. We're like that down here.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: gentledissident

I couldn't think of a good reason to get overheated about it. I've ran across some folks over the years would would probably become rather extravagantly upset, but really, what would be the point?

People are going to believe what they want to, so I'm ok with whatever allows them to go to sleep at night and feel safe - or unsafe... whatever they prefer.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

here is just are two examples of me disobeying standing orders.

i use to guard nuclear weapons. we had a drill where there were several signal 9's (alarms) sounded.
the standing order for the post that i was on said, that post covers and defended the breach point.
when the second alarm sounded i pulled off of the breach and and covered and defended the magazine that the weapon was stored in. when the part of the reactionary force assigned to my post came, i directed them to cover and defend the mag, and i went back to the first breach.

after the drill, the Captain Of The Guard,CO of the Navy side of the base and the CO of our side , had me relived of my post and come to the debriefing of the reactionary force.
in front of the whole force, they asked me why i disobeyed the standing order for my post. i asked them if our job was to protect the weapon or not, they said yes. i asked them if the Marines responding to the first breach, could protect themselves. they said yes. i asked them if the weapon could or not, they said it could not. i said that's why i covered the weapon, until the the reactionary force gets to their assigned positions, the weapon is defenseless. when they got there i directed them to cover the weapon and i went back to my fellow marines and covered them. form the very next day until the base was closed down in the base closures, the standing order was changed to protecting the weapon over all others.

the next was on a drill for a simulated weapons move, using miles gear if that tells you how long ago that was.

there were two forces the one guarding the weapon, and the one attacking the weapon. i was a fireteam leader on the attacking side. during our briefing i noticed that the way they had us attack, it was setup to guarantee a win for the defenders.i was told to take my team and take up positions at the rear of the where the ambush was to take place so when we moved into our positions for the ambush, i told my team we were going to moved about 75 yards further down. being that i saw that we would be at the end of the convoy where they had two m-60 on vehicles set up. one on a apc and one on the weapons truck.

when the ambush went down the defenders started quickly taken out the attackers. we stepped out of the trees and moved in behind the apc took out that crew, the we then moved up and took cover in and around that apc and quickly laid waste to the defenders. saving just a handful of our side.

during the debriefing i was asked why i did what i did, i told them that it was a unrealistic attack and that there was no way to learn from the way it was set up. many nco's caught hell that day, so did i. from then on simulated moves were done more realistic.

any way that's neither here nor there.

point is that your use of the term "The Command Voice " seems to me to be bullsh@@, and your whole story reminds me of a law and order episode where a writer bragged about killing and doing things he never did. also when a writer writes, makes me think of the fact that a good writer should be able to immerse themselves into a character they are portraying and convince people that they are that person.ie your wife.

edit on 23-10-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I would place use of MILES gear in the late 70's or early 80's - you're referring to the "laser tag" equipment to record hits in wargames, right?

And no, I am not my wife.

I'm not quite sure why a writer would want to convince someone else that he was a character in one of his stories - wouldn't that get kind of confusing?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join