It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attempted "No-Knock" Raid at My House

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

Yeah I was born just prior to that act I know, that is why I never had to take any safety training outside of the school of my Dad.

My kid's on the other hand had to take the safety classes and all.... but I'm certain that they didn't need adult supervision after they took the courses. I didn't supervise them after that... and that was the big deal as far as my making sure they took them, cause the boys wanted to go hunting more than I did...and I was thrilled when I didn't have to pretend like I was with them after that for their little hunting forays.

But one of the boys was already a champion marksmen (sharp shooter), having won multiple contests etc in that area, and both were very well trained... I never worried about them.

But in Missouri you didn't have to register guns that you purchased. I do know that. I know that is changing lately for handguns, but Missourians love their guns, and their freedom... not much will change with them even so.

I think we both have a tendency to forget the age difference in our kids. My son is nearly twice as old as yours.
edit on 22-10-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Being as how I have no reason to doubt the veracity of your story, I'm going to take you at your word.

I really don't understand the attitudes of those that, if they choose to not believe you, take it upon themselves to attempt to 'out' you as a liar on an internet forum. It smacks of excessive egotism, and a need for attention on their part(s), to me.

That being said, whether true or not, that was a pretty good story; well-written, descriptive, and easy to visualize.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
a reply to: Catacomb

Wanna be hard ass is my opinion.

Yeah.

You got me pegged.

All smoke, no fire, that's me.

His cousin is psychopathic

Probly runs in the family, dontcha think?

and he lives in a bunker. I see pain for him and his whole entourage. Paranoia is a big destroya. I won't hold judgement as if the story is false because I've seen some weird #.

I hope you don't get mad at the people expressing their opinion and open fire on some innocent people.

I've never shot an innocent man in my whole life - but hey, there's a first time for everything, eh? Never too late to get a start!

I've been in the military myself but I don't live in a bunker. Ask yourself why you do.

Because it's what was available when I moved? I can't honestly say that I'm disappointed by it, however, all things considered.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

No one is ever guilty.

Never been to jail, I see. Most of the fellas I met in there made no bones about why they were there. Sounds like you get your info in the matter from movies.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

lol... we don't live in a bunker either. Its a regular house with a basement like anyone elses. It's just built into the side of a mountain because mountain is what we got. I'm sure his grandfather would have built on a flat spot if there had been enough of them around here at the time that didn't flood every time it rained.

Tradition around here was to build on the mountain sides, and save the flat bottoms for farming. Flatlanders never got the logic of that move, because they always had all the flat land they needed.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I think there were people looking for George.
George was already expecting something.
These people saw george go outside and looking for them.
They got squirrelly and got reinforcements.
Then Jack and Crissy told Mr. Roper that Janet was seriously pissed about some misunderstanding....
Yard full of cops.

Cops are more scared of us than we are of them. That's why they overcompensate and kill everything in site.
edit on 22-10-2014 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

that would never have happened had we listened to the little birdy who told you what she would do when you told her you were packing up...

but noooooo.... you decided to think she would never do that!

lol...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

It's not a "registration" per se, it's an ATF Form 4473. You've had to fill them out as long as I've been buying guns if you bought from a licensed dealer.

With that said, it might be considered a "registration" of sorts, as I know for fact they are stored in a Federal facility in Morgantown, WV, practically forever. I had to track one of mine down once to verify who actually owned a firearm that was stolen from me, and that's where the BATFE sent me to.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Huh... I have never filled one of those out in my whole life... and many (at least some) of my guns were purchased from dealers.

Guess you learn something new every day... I really never knew about one of those before...Daddy never spoke of it.. and neither did anyone I bought a gun from!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: badgerprints

That thought has crossed my mind.

It wouldn't be the first time that cops in cammies have staked out a spot in the woods, and it WAS mighty coincidental that right after he was out looking for cammie-clad soldiers, lo and behold I get a yard full of 'em!

edit on 2014/10/22 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

You don't wear "I told ya so!" very well!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Oh my! I wouldn't say that too loud or too publicly if they were licensed to deal!

'Cause if they were, and BATFE gets hold of it, they won't be licensed long!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I believe someone called on him. I have given this tons of thought... because I needed to know who needed a lesson on how to say "middle" when there were three things and you wanted to direct someone else to the one in the center!

The cop didn't make up the facts that they were given poorly worded directions. That was too off the cuff.
edit on 22-10-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I don't have a good memory... and those guns were sold long ago... I'm not worried about saying anything at all.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I like the cut of your jib bro. You handled that the best way you possibly could. I know when the adrenaline is pumping and you're protecting your home and a house full of women things can happen quickly. I have two very aggressive German Shepherd's, I know in a situation like that they would've been shot. They're my babies, you hurt mine, I hurt yours. Scary to think that I mistake as simple as the wrong address could lead to full on exchange of fire.
Anyway, I'm glad your family and yourself came out of this unharmed. I would've called that department and told them, by every right you had a gun and that could've gone very wrong. They need to be quite a bit more careful than that.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Thank-you for your post,
Your perspective of the situation you experienced has been of value to my continued understanding of human behavior.

Your replies to those who questioned your intention were intelligent and filled with integrity.

A light within the shadows.

edit on nd1414022551043CDT-0500-05:001PM by subtopia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Now that was a very interesting story. It would have been funny as hell if you yelled for the sheriff by name first like Billy the Kid, that would have got them all panicky or laughing.

I too have been a very similar situation. Dam cops sneaking around my house looking to block off a neighbor two homes down if he ran from his house when they came to his front door. I heard something outside so I look out my window to see a person sneaking around the fence at my Good neighbors house across the street. I slide on my tennis shoes and grab ole remy. I slide out of my front door real quiet like as I have two short walls and two palm trees to hide behind. When I get outside and crouch down I see what looks to be a rifle in his hand, now I go completely in the zone. Just seconds after I am hard focused on cowboy with a rifle i hear someone else sneaking around the front of my house coming right towards me from my left. He cant see me and I know it, so I am just about to drop this ass clown as he comes into view and wouldn't you know its johnny law dog. I waited until he got close enough to see me good if i made my presence known so he could see that I am not holding my gun at him anymore lol.

He stood right there beside me for minutes not knowing I was there. I heard something going down at the suspects house so I quietly said to the cop, "Hey bud if bullets start flying jump in here" I thought I saw the life vanish out of his eyes as he about crapped himself. He was mad at first, not saying he was, i could tell by the look on his face. He then calmed down and was kinda happy he had company. I told him that i had seen his pal across the street with a gun but did not know it was an officer until he himself had come around the corner. All spoken at a whisper. He never saw ole Remy laying on the rocks behind the one palm bush and I did not tell him he was close to getting a gun stuck in his face but it ended cool when it could have gone very wrong. Cops need to stop playing army and get back to the good old days were they were friendly and had balls enough to talk to people, not try to intimidate them.

I can see the SWAT tactics in bad areas of cities, but in a nice area in the south, that is just dumb and very foolish.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Hr2burn

There was nothing to call about... they did some fairly hefty apologizing that night...after they got crazy guy hauled off and everything sorted that way.. they told us to wait because someone (I honestly don't remember the man's name) was coming to talk to us and it would be a few more minutes.

At the time i thought oh great they are going to be stupid and say something about my husband being armed in his own home... but when the man came (and no we were still pretty upset and didn't invite him inside - he did his talking from ground level) but when he came and talked to us, he apologized and said it was a mistake and said they had papers on the crazy guy and someone had called and told them crazy guy was armed and hallucinating and that the directions they were given led them to think wrongly it was our house and not the one next door.

They apologized very profusely, and whoever it was was either the Sheriff himself or whoever was head man in charge that night... it seemed pretty official at any rate the apology.. so really no need to call and complain later.

They did good all the way around. Hubby thinks all the ground scraping and apologizing is because its coming up on election time, and us running around the area talking bad about the man's abilities would not go well.. so they made sure not to leave without a formal enough apology to make us happy.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

Hubby thinks all the ground scraping and apologizing is because its coming up on election time, and us running around the area talking bad about the man's abilities would not go well.. so they made sure not to leave without a formal enough apology to make us happy.

OR -

it could have been genuine integrity. I don't know the sheriff here, so I can't really say which it was. For all I know, he could be a stand-up guy, and it was all on the up and up.

That gent stanidng down in the rain, apologizing for the mistake and explaining how it happened could have been the sheriff - I can't say whether it was the sheriff or the shift supervisor.

The fact that he was willing to stand out in the rain and talk to us says something.

edit on 2014/10/22 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

True... and it did seem genuine. I took it as such and can't say a bad word about them.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join