It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Latest Cannabis Science The Mainstream Media Doesn’t Want You to Know

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: primus2012
Prescribed for an illness or pain management or disease? Fine, so be it. Not prescribed? Doing it illegally and need it to unwind for whatever reason or cope with reality = dumb. If you're claiming to be so successful while on pot (such as owning 3 cars woohoo) just think of how successful you could've been without it.

It is needed for the sick, but not needed for real life. It dumbs you down, is a crutch, and yes this is a blanket statement. I'm being honest. You naysayers are lying through the exhale of your doobies still.
If you don't need it for legit health reasons, then don't do it. Don't promote it.

I was not describing a teenager Spicoli. I was describing teenager-now-adult Spicolis.

Pot smoker = dumber, paranoid, far less-capable than a non-pot smoker.

Do you want your defense attorney stoned when you get busted for possession? Probably not.
How about a stoned surgeon after severing your finger while making some munchies? Definitely not!
The fireman when your house is burning?
How about the semi-truck driver who will be in the lane next to you and your family?
How about your kid when they start driving?
I could go on all day...

We reap what we sow. If we continue to sow "stupid", well the end result of such a lopsided argument is too obvious as to require elaboration.

And who the h3ll are you? How dare you, or anyone else, tell me what i can (or cant) consume.

Lets hear you push the same argument for the 'legal' painkillers that ruin and kill many people every year.

Id rather my lawyer or fireman be 'on' a plant like pot, the hopped up on a Zoloft, Oxy, and amphetamine salts cocktail.
edit on 10-10-2014 by Psykotik because: none

edit on 10-10-2014 by Psykotik because: none

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: primus2012

Pot smoker = dumber, paranoid, far less-capable than a non-pot smoker. Do you want your defense attorney stoned when you get busted for possession? Probably not. How about a stoned surgeon after severing your finger while making some munchies? Definitely not! The fireman when your house is burning? How about the semi-truck driver who will be in the lane next to you and your family? How about your kid when they start driving? I could go on all day...

Okay. You do realise when you use weed in whatever way- smoking, vaping, eating some seriously delicious food made with it the high doesn't last more than a few hours, if a surgeon, a lawyer or the garbage man want to use it when they are off the clock then they have every right to do so, i say off the clock because i highly doubt they would be getting high at work all day. Have you seen how many surgeons/ doctors have prescription pill addictions??? Id be way more worried about them than a surgeon that may have smoked something as harmless as MJ. Which i firmly believe does NOT make you dumb, if anything it helps my concentration & focus more. Your putting every person that uses in the same basket, every individual is different, if someone is lazy and dumb they are going to be lazy and dumb whether they smoke weed or not some people are just that, lazy and dumb. Your the one thats paranoid.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

originally posted by: amazing
Smoking pot should be legal.

However, I can't stand to be around stoners and potheads.

That's the truth of the matter. People that don't get high, don't like to be around people that are stoned. Just like sober people don't like to be around drunks.

Its not even close to the same thing. Half the people you talk to in your daily life are high and you don't even know it.

No, I can always tell. Or, maybe you're right, maybe there is a half of pot smokers that can get away with it but the other half....they are the stereotype that I can't stand. They can't focus, they're chain smokers and reek, they forget things, they just aren't there when you have a conversation with them and they think it's okay to get high while you're in the car with them. I can't stand pot heads. It's something that needs to be done behind closed doors away from me. Don't go out in public high, just like don't go out in public drunk. I don't go to bars because I hate drunk people too. I know it's not the same kind of high or effect as drinking but it's still not good.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

IMO most people who use it are responsible. There will always be a percentage who are disrespectful towards other people's personal space. But the thing is, most people who are high are responsible, they're able to focus and communicate. Stoned out of one's mind is a difference, and even then there's people who are just as focused but are simply enjoying life.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

So true! But Theres always that type of person that is disrespectfull towards peoples personal space whether we are talking about people that smoke weed or not, if it wasn't with weed they would be evading personal space in some other way its just how they are, like the stereotype that we are all lazy, we aren't its just that certain people that smoke it are lazy so others blame it on MJ because thats the only link they can make because they have been led to believe its bad so it must be that, or if they are dumb well it must be that because ya know people can't just be dumb! I agree getting stoned out your mind is absolutely different, i think your average smoker just smokes until they feel content, focused and relaxed, then it wesrs off and thats it.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

The stereotypes are bad propaganda and I think that's why they persist. It's only a small fraction that sits there looking dull and lost. And you're right if it's not weed, they'll find some other way to bother someone.

To be honest, nothing bothers me more than tobacco smoke. But I smell it all the time, people smoke cigarettes right near me but the most I'll do is walk away. Same with alcoholics. I won't stop them because it's wrong. It's their personal choice and who am I to infringe upon their rights? This is the same with weed. Even if people disagree, they have to let others use it because the science is behind it, unlike tobacco and alcohol which have been proven to do real harm.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Instead of the Typical response of "lets legalize another dangerous drug" argument is such a Cop Out of having an intellectual argument is getting pretty old.

It HELPS Shrink Tumors for Gods Sake. If I had Cancer I would be the biggest "stoner" that has ever lived. Trust me on that.

I have a Friend who has Chrons and he Smokes all the time. The Doctors can't quite understand why he doesn't suffer like most of the there other patients. Maybe the Doctors are part of the problem as well. Now that it can be Scientifically studied after what, 40+ years those that have Understood the benefits but decided to break the law seem to have been right this whole time.

We all know why it has been Illegal this whole time but those that still consider it Dangerous probably have no real idea on why its Illegal in the first place. Actually understanding History can sometimes clear up the Fog.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
It really makes no difference to me what any new studies say. None of it surprises me. The fact everything we have ever needed as a species has always been provided to us from the space we inhabit. Call it nature, mother earth, etc etc. People need food. Nature provides it. People need shelter. Nature provides that as well weather it is a cave or the materials to build a home. So for me Marijuana is no different. Yet the Government would have you believe that Marijuana holds no medicinal value while holding the patent for the medicinal properties contained in the plant.

That fact alone in my opinion is the most damning evidence there is. How can a person claim that a substance has no medicinal value while at the same time hold a patent for medicinal value contained in that same substance? It's hypocrisy at its finest

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MrWendal

This is why it's total hypocrisy. Everything with the government is do as I say not as I do. When will the people wake up and realize it's all a sham no matter what party? They lie and we die. How is that even fair? It was never justified and somehow it continues.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but if you just use cold, extraction of the oil, resin, you will not get high.

You will just get the medicinal benefits.

A gram a day and maybe a puff.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
So some of you are vehemently opposed to mj and don't buy the talk of its medicinal value. Great, then don't use it. I don't. But what gives me, you or anyone else the right to tell other intelligent adults what they can and can't use to medicate themselves?

For a country that thumps it's chest about "freedom" there sure are a lot of you who are happy to keep people who disagree with you from having it.

The war on drugs is a business...a very profitable business. The fact that it also satisfies the pharma lobbyists is just icing on the cake.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Exactly!!!! Totally agree!

Yep and smokers still have their rights and alcoholics or people that just enjoy a drink still have theirs and they are far worse for us than a plant, especially alcohol that stuff will get u fubar where as weed is not like that all these negative impacts don't come from it like they do other substances like when do you ever see people admitted to hospital or dieing from using weed? Its not harmfull, and yes we should have the rights to use a plant that grows naturally on our earth if we want too.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Hi all I'm 26 and been smoking weed nearly every day since I was 16 and I have to say that I am addicted to weed =( and it's a nightmare. There's not a day that goes by that I can't have a joint, I don't know why but I think it's more of a mental addiction than anything else. If I don't have it I get really agitated and moody.
So to all those people that believe it's not addictive I have to say your wrong.

When I smoke weed I don't want to do ANYTHING it's made me a recluse and occasionally it gives me anxiety attacks and really panickey especially if I'm around other people, I've lost all my friends and don't really talk to anybody.

So it's not all hunkey dorey.

Veteran smoker, long time toker
I'll put an end to my dealer coming over
Then I'll be sober! Haa sorry, I had to.

Peace
edit on 11-10-2014 by Needlessfiber because: No reason

edit on 11-10-2014 by Needlessfiber because: No reason

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Needlessfiber
If it gives you anxiety attacks, stop doing it. That's why I stopped, if you are not getting anything out of it, what is the point? Waste of money.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

may i ask : is your way of thinking different when you smoke? Is it more intense? I really can not understand how mariana can make people "calm"....Every thought i think when i smoke is intense and complex and deep....or at least has a potentiality for that.
And its always feeling like on a razors edge...I can understand that you don´t meet other people anymore. When i smoke other people are just to "complex" for me..ANd the i can really sense that the way they see me is "DIFFERENT" than i see me.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
If it gives you anxiety attacks, stop doing it. That's why I stopped, if you are not getting anything out of it, what is the point? Waste of money.

Like I said buddy it's an addiction and I'm trying my best.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: kauskau

may i ask : is your way of thinking different when you smoke? Is it more intense? I really can not understand how mariana can make people "calm"....Every thought i think when i smoke is intense and complex and deep....or at least has a potentiality for that.
And its always feeling like on a razors edge...I can understand that you don´t meet other people anymore. When i smoke other people are just to "complex" for me..ANd the i can really sense that the way they see me is "DIFFERENT" than i see me.

When I smoke weed I'm a different person like I said I don't want to do anything but stay in really because it sometimes makes me anxious. Also I have noticed when I'm high I act differently around different people, I don't know the reason for this it's weird. I probly should seek help but I feel I need to do this on my own.

If I've had a stressful day and I smoke it seems to calm me down or at least help. But if I'm already calm when I smoke it makes my head "fart" and I can't think straight

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

How can we still believe that Marijuana is illegal due to health reasons, whilst tobacco is still legal ?

It's not illegal because they can't make money off it either, because if marijuana was legal they're have a hell of a lot of weed to tax.

There's something they're not telling us.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

edit on 11-10-2014 by FinalCountdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
And all of these are the reasons why they will not let us have it. Its not poisonous enough to kill us. If it helps us at all...they will ban it...They = American government, who is owned by the bankers.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join