It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Latest Cannabis Science The Mainstream Media Doesn’t Want You to Know

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
In alienjuggalo's OP he or she asks why the mainstream media isn't reporting on the proven or possible major health benefits of marijuana. At some point they will. These things "break" in the news eventually, and usually it starts with one or two major syndicated columnists or one honest and principled editorial board. That discussion will take place in the media when, or just before, one reason why pot's benefits are hidden begins to be talked about in the same MSM: the data about how much fun sex is while high. That, and the "spiritual" journeys it assists some people to take. Not to mention how much cleaning you can get done. These and other aspects of marijuana use, when combined with the accumulated and enlarging data about the health benefits, should be arguments to eventually legalize the plant even in the areas of the world which still endeavor to legally hold sway over people's personal choices.
edit on 9-10-2014 by Aleister because: removed a comma, changed a word, changed the lightbulb

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Maybe someone should try the Tincture on Ebola.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I think this thread is needed to let people know there are medicinal properties in marijuana....

However, the fact about it helping with opiate withdrawal is not true. What it does is makes you stoned while going through withdrawal. The withdrawal is just as excruciating.

Just thought I would point that out.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
What does help with withdrawal, is vitamins, food, exercise, and time.

Sometimes valium helps if the anxiety becomes overpowering.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
You people who are so concerned with it not having THC are not getting...that THC itself has many medical benefits...yes CBD has medical benefits, but so does THC, you're just still caught up in society's puritanical notions on altering consciousness they try to imprint into our minds...even to the point of denying the benefits THC itself offers, medical and otherwise, out of the fear of altered consciousness.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
My one and only concern is that man will try to modify this plant as it has modified other plants in the name of profit.

Leave it the way it is with CBD and THC.

Like any medicine one has to be disciplined and use it when need be.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Shiloh7

Bottom line... Pills make drug companies money... Plants don't...

Except for all the opiate based drugs used in modern medicine.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I don't know about everyone else, but when I have a hangover a couple puffs of this plant will fix me right up.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
It is a drug, illegal in 48 states. The people that are the strongest proponents of its becoming legal are simply interested in getting high. It is addicting and gets you messed up fast. That's why there is so much support for it. Not because it is some miracle cure-all, or great for your grandma's arthritis, but because it gets you messed up fast with little effort and frankly makes you giggle like Elmo.

It is great for the seriously ill; that should be it's only use, and since they can already obtain pot through legal measures, this argument can stop. It is detrimental to the juvenile and adult brain. And shut up about "but dude, science has proven that it actually makes you smarter...." because that is a crock of Jeff Spicoli.

Stop lying and stating the other benefits as to why you think pot should be legal. You just want to get high.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: primus2012

You have any proof its detrimental to the juvenile and adult brain or is that just your opinion?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

And here we go... "You have to prove that it is harmful else I'm going to claim that it is not...."
Another tired old lie.
We all know the "dude". We know what pot does to people. We see the results of their poor life choices, like "i've got 80 dollars, should I save it for rent, or buy some nachos and get that tattoo?".
I don't need any more proof.
Pot = dumb.
"But dude, I know this dude who aced his SATs while stoned... " Yeah and now he's the cashier at the used records store in HashTown cuz he can't do anything else. He's not a doctor, lawyer, accountant, physicist, architect, etc...
He lost the desire, lacks the discipline, can't wake up on time, can't make it through the day without the one-hitter, can't be responsible with money, can't function this week because his supplier got busted and he's now suffering from withdrawal so he's looking for an alternative...yeah crack sounds nice, how bout a little meth maybe? Or that synthetic stuff, yeah lets do that....
Pot = dumb. It makes you dumber. It does not make you smarter. It is bad for your brain. It leads to bad ideas, bad decisions...always.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: primus2012

"But dude, I know this dude who aced his SATs while stoned... " Yeah and now he's the cashier at the used records store in HashTown cuz he can't do anything else. He's not a doctor, lawyer, accountant, physicist, architect, etc...

I like this game.....

....but now he owns the record store because of his wonderful rapport with the customers and sales ability. He has other stoners working for him selling his line of accessories, clothes he designed, his bands CDs, also promotes rock festivals and has a state of the art recording studio in the back of his retail store. His very wealthy and beautiful girl friend just bought a condo in Amsterdam so the "Dude" can expand his operation internationally and chill in the coffee shops.

The "Dude" just franchised his retail operation and retired to his ski Chalet in Aspen where he is considering the "Colorado option"

And how did the "dude" accomplish all this?....because his mellow friendly personality attracted connected people that wanted to share in his dream.

Constipated one dimensional style of thinking is what's dumb....

edit on 10-10-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
You'd be even more surprised at mushrooms healing capabilities. Six months of turkey tail mushroom treatments can get rid of tumors and cancer cells at rate so fast it'll stand your hair on end.
edit on 10-10-2014 by Vandettas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Yes cannabis can be harmful, if you're under 18, pregnant, already have a serious mental health condition, or driving a car, that is pretty well understood. For everyone else it has not been shown to be dangerous despite many attempts.

No-one should be getting stoned if they're taking their SATS, it is true that for 14-15 year olds has been linked to some adverse effects and can be addictive for them. That said legalising it would make it more difficult for teenagers to get as the demand for dealers, who sell to anyone, would diminish. People would be required to get it from legitimate retailers who shouldn't sell to the underage.

This typical stoner you describe sounds like a typical teenager to me, whether stoned or not. You can dislike pot all you like, a lot of people dislike alcohol, which ruins lives, families, societies, but still respect people's right to choice.
edit on 10-10-2014 by twfau because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
We have just had during the Press Preview on TV one newspaper saying that a prof has been tgesting cannabis for over 20 years and he says that it has bad affecgts on oujr health if used for 20 years.

The newsreader almost had a orgasm when she read it out in her enthusiasm to get the point over to the viewers.

What got me was that they did not mention the side effects of prescription drugs used by people for over 20 years.

This is the main prod I have noticed against cannabis since it has been quietly establishing just how useful and cheap that plant is for a number of things that hemp has always been used for as well as health benefits. I was not surprised that the prof's reseaarch was so timely released.

Trouble is I don't doubt him, but lets have an even playing field and hear about the prescription drugs that people get hooked on through illness and how many have died through side affects of prescription drugs which eventually killed patients through prolonged use.

Ads on the tv: "ask your Dr. about (______) and if it's right for you" within six months are followed by ads with lawyers trying to recruit people in class-action lawsuits; "If you were prescribed (______) and have the following symptoms as a result of using this drug, you may be entitled to compensation."

Watching news on tv today is more of a "game-plan of coming events" than actual news reporting, IMOHO.

edit on (10/10/1414 by loveguy because: vowel-dancing

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

I completely agree with you. I havent watched the mainstream media, but I could imagine how they could paint pot in a biased light. It's purely a cultural, and not logical, reasoning that keeps pot banned.

That's why I think it will be legalized nationally. The arguments are on it's side.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

You're the one that made the outlandish claim that it's detrimental to the brain with zero sources.

For all I know you may be right, which is why I asked. But to place everyone that smokes marijuana as an utter failure in life is a little out there. I bet your eating habits are worse for you than a joint. Maybe you should roll one up and calm down a little.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

This is awesome!
but...

Data from 446 separate cases of similarly injured patients was assessed. Of those patients who tested positive for the presence of marijuana, 97.6 percent survived surgery. By contrast, patients who tested negative for the presence of pot prior to surgery possessed only an 88.5 percent survival rate.

Was there exactly 223 of both marijuana users vs. non-users?
You cannot use percentages if the sample size isn't the exact same. It's a play with the numbers.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Beyond Creation

Without MJ I feel more like a 'normal' person but the world is such a nasty place I can only really find any happiness in my stoner bubble. As long as I've some tasty snacks and something to get lost in

This is so sad :-(

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister
does not sound like a good thing :-)

Though the first definition in most dictionaries will be "out of tune/dischordant," it also means "confused, foggy, bewildered ('stonato/confuso')." This eventually became "stonat" (stoh-naht') due to the Italian-American phonetic custom of dropping the final vowel/syllable, (spaghett', mozarell', andiam', ricott', etc.) which eventually mutated to "stonad:" "Don' 'a listen to him, he's 'a stonad." From there it was a hop, skip, and a jump to "stoned,

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join